• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking to be a taxi driver - serious thread

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yes I aspire to be in a job that is non desk bound and can tcss with people. Taxi driving meets the requirements. Roads knowledge is the big hurdle which is the primary requirement for this jobs, and very hard to learn due to too many variables roads. Also understand there is nothing easy, but some people maybe are good at certain things but recognizing roads could be a very difficult task for them. I believe after a period these people wil familiarized also but the price to pay could be very big lor !

Why don't you become a manufacturer's representative?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't you become a manufacturer's representative?
Yes also, ever went for interview for a major beauty products distributing firm, the interviewer super haolian, placed his cross leg high up on the table during interview and throw a pen on the desk and asked me to convince him to buy the pen :eek
I managed to endure his attitude and be modest. EOD he didn't hired me , could be due to lack of sales experience. Rarely can meet someone who is willing to hire novice for a job , usually only happens to fresh grad.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yes also, ever went for interview for a major beauty products distributing firm, the interviewer super haolian, placed his cross leg high up on the table during interview and throw a pen on the desk and asked me to convince him to buy the pen :eek
I managed to endure his attitude and be modest. EOD he didn't hired me , could be due to lack of sales experience. Rarely can meet someone who is willing to hire novice for a job , usually only happens to fresh grad.

You obviously don't know what what a manufacturer's rep is.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You obviously don't know what what a manufacturer's rep is.
A manufacturers' representatives (rep), also known as independent sales representatives or sales agent, is an individual, sales agency or company that sells a manufacturer's products to wholesale and retail customers

I can only work at the under layer mah. You thought so easy I can be the boss meh .

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
?

bro,
why not try apply to be a chauffer instead of taxi driver?

or drive a tour coach minibus?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO better get taxi license asap. it will be more and more difficult to get as more and more sinkies gets displaced by fts in their jobs. next time drive temp also don't know will have to compete with fts or not.

I am thinking to drive a taxi as I have no other skills and planning to resign from my ft jobs due to lost in interest. But I am not familiar with sg roads as I have not been driving for 10 over years. Can bro krafty or other bros give some advice on this trade, especially for those road sotongs and gan cheong spiders like me, are these type of people suitable to be driving taxi ? I just need to have income of about 1.5k to 3k max , is it advisable to pay the $400 training fees to STA to get started ? Thanks in advance.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly, i a bit sian already but sometimes, i just imagine i am on a mission "taxi girls":o

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro, your kind of want-dun want-want.....scared this-scared that kind of pattern...how to make a living as cab uncle, let alone succeed :confused:

suggest you go apply to smrt as a train driver :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work as a stripper gets you S$500 for 30 min show. Advertise on the net and get hired by bored housewives on their night out

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
?

bro,
why not try apply to be a chauffer instead of taxi driver?

or drive a tour coach minibus?

Sammyboy thanks for your suggestion. I have considered both you mentioned.
I browsed through all jobs ads, all personal driver looking for experienced personnel only.
Tour coach bus need to take class 4, long working hours and low pay, so not a good option.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, your kind of want-dun want-want.....scared this-scared that kind of pattern...how to make a living as cab uncle, let alone succeed :confused:

suggest you go apply to smrt as a train driver :biggrin:

agreed about what you say - i'm considering too much. Wrote to smrt but so far no call :C

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A manufacturers' representatives (rep), also known as independent sales representatives or sales agent, is an individual, sales agency or company that sells a manufacturer's products to wholesale and retail customers

I can only work at the under layer mah. You thought so easy I can be the boss meh .

The operating word is "independent". It's something you can do all on your own. If you like interacting with people, it's a far better option than being a taxi driver.

Boyd Au became a multi-millionaire just being a go between.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boyd is worth 80 mil, probably now over 100.:cool:

The operating word is "independent". It's something you can do all on your own. If you like interacting with people, it's a far better option than being a taxi driver.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For this there must be something unique about yourself, else how will the manufacturer buy you. Usually it involves backdoor and unethical means . Worst type is selling dignity and soul.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
For this there must be something unique about yourself, else how will the manufacturer buy you. Usually it involves backdoor and unethical means . Worst type is selling dignity and soul.

That's only one of many methods of operating.

In most cases, it's all about cultivating contacts and that can be done in a perfectly legitimate manner.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi Drivers will be out of jobs in 5 years time..

[video=youtube;bJwKuWz_lkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwKuWz_lkE[/video]