• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The work of a Mod

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't care who started it. I'm sick and tired of logging on in the morning and seeing page after page of your infantile exchanges. Just put him on your ignore list.

One more exchange and you're both history as far as this folder is concerned. You'll be confined to the trivia folder where your posts deserve to be.

Champagne.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
boss,
did anyone mess with the forum time-stamping? is it at +8 GMT or +9 GMT? it's 9.31 am on my clock but the post is stamped as 10.31 am

Every single year when daylight saving begins or ends, I have to explain this over and over again.

Different servers compensate for daylight savings at different times of the day. Once servers all over the world have executed the daylight savings routine, all will be in sync again.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every single year when daylight saving begins or ends, I have to explain this over and over again.

Different servers compensate for daylight savings at different times of the day. Once servers all over the world have executed the daylight savings routine, all will be in sync again.

Are you going to make adjustment for this as we do not practise daylight saving here? Or do we have to wait for the whole daylight saving routine to run its course which can take several months?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Are you going to make adjustment for this as we do not practise daylight saving here? Or do we have to wait for the whole daylight saving routine to run its course which can take several months?

Daylight saving compensation on a server will be completed within microseconds.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I guess it depends how the server the programmed. If you're using a server that compensates for it only one week from now, then you'll live with the problem for one week.

No server in the world compensates for daylight saving 1 week after the event.

The standard setting for all daylight setting scripts is for them to run at 12 midnight on the day daylight savings starts or ends.

However, because your midnight and my midnight is different if we live in different time zones, there will be a period where it is 1 hour out if sync.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, truly die-hard seamster, wake up and look at SBF for time check.

Stopped jogging long time ago when I discovered cycling. Cycle to Changi, wallop Nasi Lemak.

woke up thinking me had missed my timing for my morning jog :o:o:o

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Stopped jogging long time ago when I discovered cycling. Cycle to Changi, wallop Nasi Lemak.

bro,
cycling is not for the faint-hearted in the heartlands. plenty of heavy motorized vehicles waiting to mow us down especially with so much construction of condos and BTOs around. jogging in the park is a lot safer, can't say the same for the journey towards the park thou' :o:o:o

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro,
cycling is not for the faint-hearted in the heartlands. plenty of heavy motorized vehicles waiting to mow us down especially with so much construction of condos and BTOs around. jogging in the park is a lot safer, can't say the same for the journey towards the park thou' :o:o:o

You missed the point. When he mentioned cycling, he was referring to his new love for seatless biking :wink: