• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The work of a Mod

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the really hard part. So difficult.

I remember over the years the battles that went on over font, graphics, wrong folder, sexual content, etc. One of the biggest battles was Sam vs Makapa over 2006 GE campaign posters, rather bruising. Then Robox and Sam over racie abuse. His gayness trying to bait people with race and religious goats so that he can complain to Walt to shut the forum down or ban people. That reminds - Robox vs Zihau battle royale. Yes, Zihau. I quickly hid under the bed to avoid collateral damage.

The only controversial aspect is the open activities of moving, merging, or deleting threads that have already appeared. I hope in this regard mods can be a bit more flexible and act only when there is a certain level of disruption or clear breaking of housekeeping rules. I would like to think most forummers have good sense to post in correct folders and avoid starting STOMP-like posts.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
That reminds - Robox vs Zihau battle royale. Yes, Zihau. I quickly hid under the bed to avoid collateral damage.

bro,
must categorically state that despite having loads of differences, me do agree with robox's stand on the abolishment of capital punishment :o:o:o

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I did not want to name you initially as the main intention of the thread was to highlight the difficulties that all mods face. But you were one chap that handles both the hidden and open issues silently with no ripples on the surface. And it is an immensely important subject - sanity, fresh air and open spaces for Singaporeans who are facing an increasingly overcrowded and expensive city where they are also becoming marginalised by foreigners.

If people took your counsel, I am sure they would be better off. Then there is a gung-ho lady in your folder that gives first class advice and does a running commentary on daily fax rates etc. and many other providing bank, legal and municipal advice. What a community you have built.

I know of a senior superscale civil servant who followed your folder and is happy owner of a second weekend home. That guy can't talk enough of you. ps if he knew who I was, he will probably shoot me.

Thank you Scroobal for your kind words, appreciated. There are many bros and other mods who are silently plugging and getting things done and they are the real heros who should be highlighted instead.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finding hidden links in an innocuous post is a nightmare. Once in a while Sam goes away I suspect and these creep in. i recall people like Laksa and Ak will pick them out. Besides the mod there are also those with infraction powers that play a valuable part. AK, Ramseth and few others would act quickly to clam down on nutjobs like Geylang Uncle and his gory pictures and wait for Sam to shut the guy out for good.

Such deep insight from scroo. Thank you for enlightening me on the role of a moderator. Honestly the years I spent on a forum I always thought the role of a mod on a forum was akin to that of a tyrant to bully the bulk of the peasantry now that I know the mod actually has a responsibility to actually make sure the forum isn't littered by spam it makes me feel they take on the role of the road sweeper aka hygience managers metaphorically so to speak.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, I did not want to name you initially as the main intention of the thread was to highlight the difficulties that all mods face. But you were one chap that handles both the hidden and open issues silently with no ripples on the surface. And it is an immensely important subject - sanity, fresh air and open spaces for Singaporeans who are facing an increasingly overcrowded and expensive city where they are also becoming marginalised by foreigners.

If people took your counsel, I am sure they would be better off. Then there is a gung-ho lady in your folder that gives first class advice and does a running commentary on daily fax rates etc. and many other providing bank, legal and municipal advice. What a community you have built.

I know of a senior superscale civil servant who followed your folder and is happy owner of a second weekend home. That guy can't talk enough of you. ps if he knew who I was, he will probably shoot me.

Thank you, i just do what i can with the time i have but i feel someone should do it regardless of the reception. Yes, we really have so many helpful forummers, what i have done pale in comparison with the daily work that they are doing. Not all the tips i gave may be helpful but i try anyway. Wow, really flattered but i am sure he came out here because he already had the intention to move, i have done nothing. I am just glad he managed to get what he wanted.

We all need some air to breathe sometime.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow. must have been some interesting exchange as my impression of Zhihau is one cool guy. IMHO, the only time capital punishment should be levied on is on rapist/murderers and especially kidnappers of kidselse i am always on the abolishment side. The only people worse then kidnappers are those prank callers and those calling to try to cheat the parents. Imagine if they managed to cheat the parents and the real kidnappers call and demand the ransom.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Wow. must have been some interesting exchange as my impression of Zhihau is one cool guy.

bro,
me is in favor of hard labor for the murderers and serial rapists. they need to earn the dough to pay back to their victims. else if hang already the victims family rugi jialut jialut, especially if the victim was the breadwinner. didn't like the way his gayness interpret our Constitution and some parts of the Penal Code to suit his likings and to further his causes, iirc, the exchanges were very mild, really :p:p:p

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. live and let live leh:biggrin:
2. sbf is just some integral part of our daily thing to many here.
3. oops! my take.
4. yes, most mods are some "unsung" heroes here.
5. guys, keep it up:biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?147053-Back-to-Rubbish-Heap-from-Trivia/page2

Post#24? FS also quite a tongue-in-cheek fellow, the style a little like Ramseth but without the boasting and bullshit stories.
Takes the trouble to explain his thoughts in proper sentences. I enjoy reading his posts.

You are right I can post things tongue-in-the-cheek but even when it is tongue-in-the-cheek, it can be interpreted for real if taken from the right angle. In this particular post in question, I was actually questioning the high visibility of the actions of some mods and the relatively invisibility of others. The high visibility was something we did not encounter earlier. Of course I had no way to know what the mods have been doing behind the scene. My apologies for those mods who felt unappreciated. Also my apologies to Leong Sam if because of that post, his mods would suddenly decide to resign enbloc.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raiders

Could you explain to the forum community how you cleaned by the forum from the "TCSS" mode and who else if any was involved. I am sure they would be curious how it was done.

Things have improved tremendously. When Leongsam just appointed the super moderator, this section was basically in TCSS mode. Today, we can see quite a few good threads going on at page 1 of this section.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Raiders

Could you explain to the forum community how you cleaned by the forum from the "TCSS" mode and who else if any was involved. I am sure they would be curious how it was done.

It was not my credit. Have to give credit to the super moderator who went hard at those TCSSing people by banning them 24 hours each time they stepped out of line :wink:
Since then, the mention of super moderator sent shivers down the TCSS army.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was not my credit. Have to give credit to the super moderator who went hard at those TCSSing people by banning them 24 hours each time they stepped out of line :wink:

Why did he stop banning?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it was not done by the moderation team as they could only do so much. Banning does not work as people can come with new nicks. They had to be shamed. I in particular. You can't hide behind and do these things. If you can't figure this out, very hard to understand the rest of it. This was what I meant by having balls of brass. Anyway these people did not yield because of one or two members telling them off, they sensed the mood from the rest of the forum membership.

When I was moderating, the biggest help came from the forum members to handle the difficult ones.

Bear in mind these were people with considerable points and members with less points and less seniority would not take them on and they knew that. They thought they can hijack threads and then trying to make the whole thing light and comical.

Of course you would have the usual blurfuck who comes with his opinion that there must be balance when this forum is about tcss 90% of the time. The smart alecks will also come with same argument but they know full well that it is disingenuous and mischievous.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not everyone is here to make the forum a lively place. Some are here to annoy and disrupt under the guise of free speech anf yes balance as well. Think about who talk abt free speeches the most here. Leetahbar and kopiuncle. The same idiots who abuse the goodwill and tolerance of others.

Actually it was not done by the moderation team as they could only do so much. Banning does not work as people can come with new nicks. They had to be shamed. I in particular. You can't hide behind and do these things. If you can't figure this out, very hard to understand the rest of it. This was what I meant by having balls of brass. Anyway these people did not yield because of one or two members telling them off, they sensed the mood from the rest of the forum membership.

When I was moderating, the biggest help came from the forum members to handle the difficult ones.

Bear in mind these were people with considerable points and members with less points and less seniority would not take them on and they knew that. They thought they can hijack threads and then trying to make the whole thing light and comical.

Of course you would have the usual blurfuck who comes with his opinion that there must be balance when this forum is about tcss 90% of the time. The smart alecks will also come with same argument but they know full well that it is disingenuous and mischievous.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not everyone is here to make the forum a lively place. Some are here to annoy and disrupt under the guise of free speech anf yes balance as well. Think about who talk abt free speeches the most here. Leetahbar and kopiuncle. The same idiots who abuse the goodwill and tolerance of others.

Why you didnt comment anything about your dog Debonerman? he's a good forummer? LOL

You are a cheebye double standard guy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let me trigger your memory :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This member likes to troll, scold vulgarities and curse other people's family members in this forum, my question to Sam why is he allowed to do this in this forum for such a long period of time?

His latest tirades
http://www.sammyboy.com/search.php?searchid=2355988&pp=

"You are the cheebye queen of wit! Achtung in response?" - to Peppertail
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ifter-thread-into-Jah-s&p=1454044#post1454044

"Thank you in advance...Fuck your mother cheebye!" - to Peppertail
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....es-for-Peppertail-here!&p=1450449#post1450449

"Even when you suck your boyfriend's dick and gobble up his nuts, you will still think it's not fellatio per se.....LOL" - to Peppertail
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....c-in-Swimwear!-Embrace!&p=1454060#post1454060

"Tua Bui Sei Hao Hai Hum Kar Chan, please go dress shopping with the sia lan mod please....LOL" - to Alamaking
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ifter-thread-into-Jah-s&p=1454101#post1454101

"Hum Kar Chan Sei Hao Hai! I don't take things so seriously in cyberspace! ......Tiu Leh Lo Mo Fa Hai!....LOL" - to Alamaking
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....pair-of-lovers-04-03-13&p=1453252#post1453252

"The only time you tell me what to do is how to make your mother cum! Tiu leh Lo Mo Hai!" - to Peppertail
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?146635-Area-Cleaning-02-03-13&p=1450362#post1450362

"
No fucking stanDARD sEI hAO hAI! huM kAR cHAN!" - to Alamaking
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?146367-HeLLo-Moderators&p=1446579#post1446579

"What came first? Your mother cheebye or you?" - to Peppertail
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ch-man-over-parking-row&p=1431153#post1431153

"It makes my day to see you clamp your cheebye mouth over screwball's dick. You should swallow if he cums too! eeeeeeeeee!!!!!....my skin hair all standing." - to Alamaking
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....don-t-come-back-anymore&p=1431096#post1431096

"You actually prostituted yourself in the crowded streets in Japan, Hong Kong and China and even etc? How much lower can you go? Your cheebye must be big enough for a cement truck to do U turns! What the fuck!!!!!" - to Kinana
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....alking-to-S-porean-quot&p=1399752#post1399752

"
Fuck your mother cheebye! Do you lick her clitoris or you prefer to bite her labia? You sick son of whore!....LOL" - to eErotica69
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....rls-can-also-be-charged&p=1390848#post1390848

"Fuck your mother cheebye! How was it? Did your mother scream with erotic ecstacy when you 69 her? Do you feel like a big man now?...LOL" - to eErotica69
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....rls-can-also-be-charged&p=1390753#post1390753

"So funny you can lol while licking scroobal's balls! Tiu Leh Lo Mo Hai!" - to Alamaking
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?141970-Dr-Koh-PK-genuine-fraud&p=1390513#post1390513

"
Because the Motherfucking Puah Cheebye needs to feel like a man even when he 69s his own mother!" - to eErotica69
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....rls-can-also-be-charged&p=1389922#post1389922

"Fuck your mother puah cheebye. Thank you." - to eErotica69
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....rls-can-also-be-charged&p=1389922#post1389922

"Fuck your mother cheebye! In one sentence you had offended an Indian that one can respect. Even your mother would say some Indian customers are nice when they unloaded their juice in her cunt instead of her face!" - to Kinana
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-your-political-muscles&p=1367601#post1367601

"Fuck your Ibu's nonok! You fucking son of a $20 prostitiute and a PAP IB dog! Even though only the naive can read into anything you wrote!" - to Kinana
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....town-council-management&p=1366145#post1366145

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always said that you are a straight shooter and not wily like the others who have used you for various purposes. Unfortunately you are also not sharp. Figure out why debonerman would have been banned if he had been doing the same thing to someone (any I mean) else in this forum.

Do you know why you are the toyboy of this forum. Do you know why in your first few years no one noticed you. Did you notice the expressions of gratitude, the adulation as well as platitudes when Leetahbar opened his points clinic and started giving away points.

Do you know why I stepped in when Cannon Fairy, Zeddy and Raiders as newbies were zapped a number of times and do you know the role you played indirectly. Do you know why Cooleo uses my nick as he cannot over it. Do you know the link between Cooleo and and you?

Yet you are constantly goading fishypie and asking him to be banned.

Why you didnt comment anything about your dog Debonerman? he's a good forummer? LOL

You are a cheebye double standard guy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always said that you are a straight shooter and not wily like the others who have used you for various purposes. Unfortunately you are also not sharp. Figure out why debonerman would have been banned if he had been doing the same thing to someone (any I mean) else in this forum.

Do you know why you are the toyboy of this forum. Do you know why in your first few years no one noticed you. Did you notice the expressions of gratitude, the adulation as well as platitudes when Leetahbar opened his points clinic and started giving away points.

Do you know why I stepped in when Cannon Fairy, Zeddy and Raiders as newbies were zapped a number of times and do you know the role you played indirectly. Do you know why Cooleo uses my nick as he cannot over it. Do you know the link between Cooleo and and you?

Yet you are constantly goading fishypie and asking him to be banned.

Hahaha, did I constantly ask FishyPie to be banned? you are a blindfuck.

You 2 always preaches how to make this a good forum but yet you 2 overlook how the dog trolls, insults and spout vulgarities on people family members.

I'm shocked you didnt say anything about him at all :eek:

Why? because he's on your side?

Thats why I said, you want to teach people how to be a good forummer, clean your own backyard 1st. Dun condemn people you dun like but let your own people bullies the forummers here. Dun set double standard :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raiders

One other thing. when I was moderating some years back, i had the same powers as you. I could not ban shit. All I did was move threads to the right folder, merge the common ones, and delete those that are obviously unacceptable such as gory pictures, shit etc.

I spent alot of time cleaning 2 folders - politics and emigration. I also had to handle 2 recalcitrants. Every morning clearing their garbage.

Not once did I ask, hint or insinuate to Sam for banning powers to do the job. Neither did I reveal what I saw Sam do in the limited areas of access that I had nor did I give excuses.

There are something that are beyond my means and most people understand that. Some will never get it.