• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The USA (#1) and Canada (#2) Knock Australia off Top Country List

Imperialarse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh this Australia damm terrible place.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26326638-17102,00.html

AUSTRALIA has lost its winning edge as a global travel brand, a poll of 3000 business and leisure travellers from nine countries has revealed.The US knocked Australia off its coveted No.1 spot as the world's top country brand.

Canada also beat Australia, which came in at third, ahead of New Zealand and France (fifth).

Australia had topped the poll index for the past three years.

Comparisons with the 2008 rankings show that Australia dropped out of the top five country brands for beaches, resort and lodging options and natural beauty, despite Queensland's highly successful "Best Job in the World" campaign and global exposure from the Baz Luhrmann film Australia.

But international travellers polled by global consultancy FutureBrand and public relations agency Weber Shandwick found Australia improved its best country brand for families (second behind Canada).

It also rated first for outdoor activities and sports ahead of NZ and eco-destination star Costa Rica.

Australia also was the best country brand for extending a business trip, the third-best brand for political freedom, the second-best (behind Canada) for the country most of those polled wanted to live in and the country most travellers wanted to visit or re-visit.

FutureBrand spokesman for the Asia-Pacific, Tim Riches, said "the Obama effect" had propelled the US to the top of the brand rankings for the first time. He said Australia's demotion from the top position after three years had been a matter of time.

"The measurable decline of some key attributes, combined with the revitalisation of Brand USA, has resulted in the effect on Australia's ranking," he said.

"It highlights the importance of keeping a country brand fresh, relevant and engaging – no small challenge in a highly competitive international marketplace."

The country brand poll coincided with new arrivals and departure figures showing the number of Australians travelling overseas reached a record six million in the year to the end of September.

Industry group Tourism & Transport Forum said Australians increasingly were taking advantage of cheap airfares and the strong dollar to travel internationally.

TTF executive director Brett Gale said the overseas travel boost came at a cost to local tourism operators, although there were signs of a recovery in inbound travel from the US, China and Japan.

He said the industry welcomed a Federal Government decision to bring forward spending of $9 million on tactical marketing.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok ok .. we're losers.. so this make you a winner ?

Of course he is the winner. His threads are so full of stars in the ratings, I don't even bother to read because I will see stars oredi. :biggrin:

In primary schools, ceachers alway give stars to the winner children. :rolleyes:

But in this forum, we use stars to tell the difference between the winners and the losers. Did you not notice that the threads started by the winners' have high star ratings whereas the losers do not have stars. :biggrin:

By the way, I wonder who started using the term "Loser" first :wink:

Let's play a game. The winner will lose by giving the loser's threads stars ratings :wink:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course he is the winner. His threads are so full of stars in the ratings, I don't even bother to read because I will see stars oredi. :biggrin:

In primary schools, ceachers alway give stars to the winner children. :rolleyes:

But in this forum, we use stars to tell the difference between the winners and the losers. Did you not notice that the threads started by the winners' have high star ratings whereas the losers do not have stars. :biggrin:

By the way, I wonder who started using the term "Loser" first :wink:

Let's play a game. The winner will lose by giving the loser's threads stars ratings :wink:

Don't blame the star winner for cursing us as "losers".. my wifey a pro-govt local grad also said that few yrs back.. now she finally understand why the grass is greener.. *suck thumb* and she is prepared to give up her citizenship soon..

So a winner becomes a loser ? Hmmm...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't blame the star winner for cursing us as "losers".. my wifey a pro-govt local grad also said that few yrs back.. now she finally understand why the grass is greener.. *suck thumb* and she is prepared to give up her citizenship soon..

So a winner becomes a loser ? Hmmm...

Errr....h

I have to confess. I have been giving 5-star ratings to threads started by the "winners" (cannot hurt these "winners" hearts by calling them losers, they already very fragile)

This is to make it easy to tell which threads I have to avoid. Otherwise, I see more stars reading rubbish.

Sorry Sam. No choice.

As for the "winners", it is not my fault you kena MARKED by stars, it is your fault.

Good for you that your wife is understanding. It is good effort on your part as a hubby. Hip hip hurray. Yum-seng. Bravo!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you that your wife is understanding. It is good effort on your part as a hubby. Hip hip hurray. Yum-seng. Bravo!

Yes, I am pleased I have an understanding wife.. Guess what ? I have promoted her to a senior painter ! She used to be a snr manager.. then hse wife.. now finally resume her role as Senior ! Wahahaha.. She has painted 3 sets of door today... then went out to kopi with mummies.. hehee

I am happy for her ! and me too !

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I am pleased I have an understanding wife.. Guess what ? I have promoted her to a senior painter ! She used to be a snr manager.. then hse wife.. now finally resume her role as Senior ! Wahahaha.. She has painted 3 sets of door today... then went out to kopi with mummies.. hehee

Not surprise, females have the patience to paint doors, esp if you are using enamel, and they produce better result.
The paint has time to even out the brush or roller marks.

I used roller (for enamel type) for the flat areas and even part of the door frame.

Don't try aqua-enamel, the water-based means it dry faster and the brush marks are still visible.

Summer is good time to paint doors. You need the temperature to dry the paint.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Poor loser sinkee lost in a hopeless situation.

Rafael Vandervaart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are u so pushy about ppl choosing australia over Usa?
the world is big enough for ppl to go anywhere they choose..
If i choose to go to South pole... u may be amused la but still that's my choice..
i dun ask u to sponsor me..
Get a life mate..

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are u so pushy about ppl choosing australia over Usa?
the world is big enough for ppl to go anywhere they choose..
If i choose to go to South pole... u may be amused la but still that's my choice..
i dun ask u to sponsor me..
Get a life mate..

Because Australia has gone from the best to worst place for Singaporeans to migrate to in the space of 10 years that's why. Expensive cars, expensive houses, expensive food, expensive consumables, expensive transportation costs, expensive air travel, expensive utilities, and the most expensive housing and taxes you can find

Its alot of fun exposing all this.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because Australia has gone from the best to worst place for Singaporeans to migrate to in the space of 10 years that's why. Expensive cars, expensive houses, expensive food, expensive consumables, expensive transportation costs, expensive air travel, expensive utilities, and the most expensive housing and taxes you can find

Its alot of fun exposing all this.

Hmmmm. What you say is actually quite true. Gone from1st place to last place.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
it means u got an ulterior motive/s.... hence not to be trusted...

Ah I see you need a history lesson. You are not the first. You see once upon a time, two years ago, on the old SBF forum in the emigration section there were a bunch of morons like neddy (josh ang) fishbuff (scrobal/axe168) and this loser called IWC2006. And everyday they complained about thier lives in Australia. It was quite amusing. They complained about dental costs. They complained about everything in Australia from the rules to the costs etc. So then one day someone named redbull came along and asked why the costs in Australia were so high. Redbull is in America and used to live in Australia. Others like me are interested in migration as a topic.

You see then the Australia camp lost face. They could not take anyone asking why Australia was costly, or why the price of property had become as high as London. Instead they launched counter fave-saving attacks on the old forum and several of us joined redbull into exposing Australia for what it is. A place no longer good for migration.

So you see its become a bit of a hobby. Making fun of Australia and the moron ex-singaporeans who stare at cieling fans all day long and cant adjust to life there and realize they have all made a big mistake. I know this cause they used to say so on the old forum. Now, its nothing but a enhanced effort to connect with the Singapore they miss so dearly and make thier lives seem squeaky clean when we all know its not the case. Talk about dishonesty.

So there you have it. And one thing is for sure - there is no way you will find any semblance of honesty from the Australia camp as they are trying to save face 24hrs a day. I am here to make sure they get exposed and the truth comes out. Also you can see that Singaporean behavior does not change once they migrate out - which only reinforces how miserable they actually are

Last edited:

Ou812

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah I see you need a history lesson. You are not the first. You see once upon a time, two years ago, on the old SBF forum in the emigration section there were a bunch of morons like neddy (josh ang) fishbuff (scrobal/axe168) and this loser called IWC2006. And everyday they complained about thier lives in Australia. It was quite amusing. They complained about dental costs. They complained about everything in Australia from the rules to the costs etc. So then one day someone named redbull came along and asked why the costs in Australia were so high. Redbull is in America and used to live in Australia. Others like me are interested in migration as a topic.

You see then the Australia camp lost face. They could not take anyone asking why Australia was costly, or why the price of property had become as high as London. Instead they launched counter fave-saving attacks on the old forum and several of us joined redbull into exposing Australia for what it is. A place no longer good for migration.

So you see its become a bit of a hobby. Making fun of Australia and the moron ex-singaporeans who stare at cieling fans all day long and cant adjust to life there and realize they have all made a big mistake. I know this cause they used to say so on the old forum. Now, its nothing but a enhanced effort to connect with the Singapore they miss so dearly and make thier lives seem squeaky clean when we all know its not the case. Talk about dishonesty.

So there you have it. And one thing is for sure - there is no way you will find any semblance of honesty from the Australia camp as they are trying to save face 24hrs a day. I am here to make sure they get exposed and the truth comes out. Also you can see that Singaporean behavior does not change once they migrate out - which only reinforces how miserable they actually are

Wah Lau just ignore these Ash007/axe168/scroobal/neddy/fishbuff all is 1 person i tell you

Rafael Vandervaart

Alfrescian
Loyal
well oki.. i guess i'm not at liberty to say which country is cheaper..but wat i can add in is that..an advantage to aussie..that it's cheaper to visit sg.. cos have to remember we still have families and friends here..emergencies and all can fly back quicker..