• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The UK has just offered all of Hong Kong Citizenship. China is Furious! Can Singaporeans apply?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This news has Sg in a bind. PAP wants the rich Hongkies here but UK has opened its doors wide.

They are now scratching their heads on how to get them to come to Sg instead. They will most likely give very attractive terms like 10 years tax free or free housing or something. Sinkies gets screwed again.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What UK did essentially is to reassure professionals in hing kong that no matter what happens, they have a back up plan so no need to abandon Hong kong now.
No need to flee to Panama, Cambodia,, Malaysia or other third world zombieland.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello-panama-id-like-to-move-my-loot-to-diamonds-and-gold.jpg

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many HK people whom left HK before 1997 have returned home. this time they will probably wait and see how things develop.

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am a Hong Konger ... straight away I will jump to UK. HK people are resourceful and of higher IQ. They will survive in the UK.

Imagine having to compete with fellow Hong Kongers and at most can only afford outrageous housing. But in the UK, competition is against the natives and affordable housing. It is a no brainer which side to go.

However, I am more worried on the Native Whites. Suddenly they will have a real challenge on their survival.

Race and IQ

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am a Hong Konger ... straight away I will jump to UK. HK people are resourceful and of higher IQ. They will survive in the UK.

Imagine having to compete with fellow Hong Kongers and at most can only afford outrageous housing. But in the UK, competition is against the natives and affordable housing. It is a no brainer which side to go.

However, I am more worried on the Native Whites. Suddenly they will have a real challenge on their survival.

Race and IQ
If they were of higher IQ, they should know resistance is futile.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The HK chinks are hardworking, mostly peace loving and not religious fanatics. Having such immigrants is infinitely better than importing hordes of pakis, afghans, albanians and other middle eastern troublemakers.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't that a good news ? Now the foster father is coming back to the pick up the son, the son which rebel their own father.

World is peaceful now. No more police facing off with the HK student? No more fights. Isn't that a great solution? Shouldn't China be happy?
yah. I'm confused too. I would think that china would be happy. Them being unhappy points to something not right up there.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah. I'm confused too. I would think that china would be happy. Them being unhappy points to something not right up there.
Its a serious loss of face for China - they dont like anyone interfering in their internal affairs. Anything that upsets China is good for the rest of the world

China is not your friend

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
The HK chinks are hardworking, mostly peace loving and not religious fanatics. Having such immigrants is infinitely better than importing hordes of pakis, afghans, albanians and other middle eastern troublemakers.

Compared to "pakis, afghans, albanians and other middle eastern", HK people are definitely better. However, it is better for the natives will be a question mark? Being having a more hardworking traits, they will caused resentment to the location population in no time.

Race and IQ

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Compared to "pakis, afghans, albanians and other middle eastern", HK people are definitely better. However, it is better for the natives will be a question mark? Being having a more hardworking traits, they will caused resentment to the location population in no time.

Race and IQ

The native Brits are hardworking people. Their Royal Navy, which once ruled the seven seas, were mostly crewed by native Brits, not sepoys or niggers.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Race and IQ
Don't be silly. London is mostly Muslim now. Can troublemaking cantonese chinks integrate with the locals? :rolleyes:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a serious loss of face for China - they dont like anyone interfering in their internal affairs. Anything that upsets China is good for the rest of the world

China is not your friend

Actually no. They are quite happy to get risk of the trouble makers if you read their news and forum. Let's hope Boris keeps his promise.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
British people hate Cantonese and Chinks. They wont like them.

It will not be China's problem anymore. A lot of Chinese wants to return to China after the unrest in US, China is rejecting them saying once they gave up their Chinese citizenship, they are no longer welcome back.

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal

Race and IQ

the native whites already kenna for the last 10-years.
I was there for a 3-month attachment 2016 together with one aussie and one British in the office.
even the aussie cannot take the Briton working attitude.
before 8:30 the briton will not take the phone, after 5pm, will never stay more than one-minutes no matter how many urgent case on her table.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
the native whites already kenna for the last 10-years.
I was there for a 3-month attachment 2016 together with one aussie and one British in the office.
even the aussie cannot take the Briton working attitude.
before 8:30 the briton will not take the phone, after 5pm, will never stay more than one-minutes no matter how many urgent case on her table.
That really depends n whether he is just a ckerk or a high executive. Europeans, including British will respond to queries wrt business even if it's on Christmas day.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
BOC is a travel document - holder is not a "full" national i.e. subject to visa restrictions when traveling elsewhere - jump on a train from King's Cross to Paris and they will not allow entry without a French/Schengen visa - only useful for those who are stateless as the rules changed to provide path to citizenship - if you have had any other nationality you cannot apply for citizenship - this may now apply differently for just HKers but then probably BJ's govt will be challenged in court for discrimination against non-HKers with BN(O)C status. A BOC holder cannot enter SG without a visa.

"As a British overseas citizen you can hold a British passport, are eligible for protection from the United Kingdom diplomatic posts, and receive assistance from a consulate as well. Unless you also happen to be a British citizen you will be subject to immigration controls, where you do not have the automatic right to either work or live in the United Kingdom."

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ile/633093/British-overseas-citizens-v1.0.pdf

The equivalent document in SG is the Singapore Certificate of Identity (looks like a passport but green in color) - for those born stateless and needed to travel abroad:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...tateless-persons-plead-be-called-singaporeans

Last edited: