• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The UK has just offered all of Hong Kong Citizenship. China is Furious! Can Singaporeans apply?

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chicoms better throw all the tantrums they possibly can, no more chance in future. :biggrin:

What you are witnessing now is similar to the last days of the Third Reich or the Qing dynasty. Enjoy the show. :cool:
China will survive.
But off course many may not live to see the day.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
BN(O) C is a travel document - holder is not a full national i.e. subject to visa restrictions when traveling elsewhere - jump on a train from King's Cross to Paris and they will not allow entry without a French/Schengen visa - only useful for those who are stateless as the rules changed to provide path to citizenship - if you have had any other nationality you cannot apply for citizenship - this may apply differently for just HKers but then probably BJ's govt will be challenged in court for discrimination against non-HKers with BN(O)C status. A BN(O) C holder cannot enter SG without a visa.
After 1997 many Hongkies with BNO passports with ROA status were allowed full UK Citizenship if they were not eligible the blue SAR passports. They were interviewed and if they declared they were stateless, many were allowed full UK passports. Key here is why those Hongkies were not allowed blue SAR passports.

China lied people died

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
That really depends n whether he is just a ckerk or a high executive. Europeans, including British will respond to queries wrt business even if it's on Christmas day.

I agree it is individual behaviour.
many moons before China is the world's factory, I have my fair share of communications with brands/manufacturer in German, Italy, Australia, UK, USA...
no matter is sales, marketing, owner.....some will reply some will basically tell you "Presently our office is on Summer holiday, allow me to reply to you after ......."

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can now add the US to the growing list of countries where the Hongkies can go.

I call upon the administration to prioritize the admission of persecuted Hong Kongers to the United States through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program