• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Truth about that IMF Loan – Tharman did not seek approvals from Parliament and Pr

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: The Truth about that IMF Loan – Tharman did not seek approvals from Parliament an

Pledges are pledges. You only can see a while later if the pledge has been fulfilled--usually IMF primary documents.

As I've said, no other parliamentarian in any of those other debt-ridden countries which have pledged funds to the IMF in that repor

t has ask a question like KJ, who is NOT a parliamentarian himself!

Its not a pledge you stupid cow, its a loan. money is already in IMF's account.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Truth about that IMF Loan – Tharman did not seek approvals from Parliament an

Agree with you. Most Singaporeans are not really concerned with issues like IMF loans etc. Even SWFs, but if you can connect TH, GIC to CPF reserves or the taxes people pay, then they may sit up and start listening.

Not that these issues are not important, they are. But Singaporeans I suspect have a short attention span if the arguments surrounding these issues become too convoluted or involved. Not like Ministers' pay which struck an emotional discord with the citizen's daily wages and income disparity.

KJ should focus more on daily problems being faced by Sporeans.. Many Sporeans don't really want to know the intricate details of this IMF loan since it's not affecting them directly.. What they are really worried most is the ever increasing of Foreigners in our country, the high prices of HDB flats and the jobs being given to FTs.. This IMF loan issue can put one side first.. Bread and butter issues must be addressed immediately..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not that these issues are not important, they are. But Singaporeans I suspect have a short attention span if the arguments surrounding these issues become too convoluted or involved. Not like Ministers' pay which struck an emotional discord with the citizen's daily wages and income disparity.

Back then people like JBJ and CST also voiced out their opposition to ministers' salaries.
Not many took notice. Not easy to let sinkies see the truth....after all many still just waking up only after 50 years living in the matrix.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, you have got a point. It's also timing - the right thing at the right time in politics.

Back then people like JBJ and CST also voiced out their opposition to ministers' salaries.
Not many took notice. Not easy to let sinkies see the truth....after all many still just waking up only after 50 years living in the matrix.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

One of my friends in MAS (high ranking chap) told me the loan to IMF was to buy credit and good will for a future push to make Tharm Shagyoumama the next IMF chairman after Christine Lagarde. Already, tharm is the IMF chairman of the policies advisory committee, and was considered a candidate (although a long shot) to replace Dominique Strauss Kahn. Tharm brought USD$4 billion to the IMF just like that without having a long drawn out approval and debate process (like other countries do) impressed them. The PAP is hoping to leverage the goodwill into a serious push for his candidacy when Lagarde steps down. Don't know whether its true or not, but it seems plausible to me. And its something the PAP will do, buying a position for one of their own with our money.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

One of my friends in MAS (high ranking chap) told me the loan to IMF was to buy credit and good will for a future push to make Tharm Shagyoumama the next IMF chairman after Christine Lagarde. Already, tharm is the IMF chairman of the policies advisory committee, and was considered a candidate (although a long shot) to replace Dominique Strauss Kahn. Tharm brought USD$4 billion to the IMF just like that without having a long drawn out approval and debate process (like other countries do) impressed them. The PAP is hoping to leverage the goodwill into a serious push for his candidacy when Lagarde steps down. Don't know whether its true or not, but it seems plausible to me. And its something the PAP will do, buying a position for one of their own with our money.

Tharman will never be IMF head as long as the US picks the WB chief.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think not new. The Perc Beri index. S'pore always among top competitive. Probably a lot of wining and dining and bribing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Tharman will never be IMF head as long as the US picks the WB chief.

Not the same, if the US had its way, an american would be chairman of the IMF now, not a French woman.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I think not new. The Perc Beri index. S'pore always among top competitive. Probably a lot of wining and dining and bribing.

Yes, wining, dining, bribing and $5 billion can't hurt.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not the same, if the US had its way, an american would be chairman of the IMF now, not a French woman.

The World Bank is far more powerful than the inky IMF. That's why they want the Bank.