• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Truth about that IMF Loan – Tharman did not seek approvals from Parliament and Pr

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The Truth about that IMF Loan – Tharman did not seek approvals from Parliament an

Dear Scroobal,

Dynamics have changed since GE2011. Don't underestimate the impact of such matters.

Not so long ago, we won't think the issue of RULE OF LAW is such a big matter but we have been proven wrong now.

Goh Meng Seng

It is always harder to predict the future than learn lessons from the past. The first gets you 90% of the time wrong, the second gets the rest of us 80% right.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The Truth about that IMF Loan – Tharman did not seek approvals from Parliament an

I agree with you. Chee made the same error early in this political career and paid the price dearly. Politics requires engaging with the citizens and on issues that concern the citizens. Taking to task the govt of the day on these issues are central.

Though I agree with KJ that they are not even following the very rules/laws they created, most Singaporeans are lost on this.

WP interestingly have campaigned on holding the govt accountable and being co-driver have actually not done anything in this area at all. Instead the continue to play to the voters gallery on social and righteous issues with philosophy thrown in. This approach is however very damaging to the PAP and continues to erode their base. The PAP cannot argue on economic, administrative or even rational because the issues are not thrown down on these grounds. They are tinged with emotions and sentiments which the PAP

To the run-up to GE2011 continued to write on economic issues it did not help him one bit. Add to that his arrogance and poor personality and he flopped at the ballot box despite having an iconic name.

Bro Scroobal, with due respect to KJ, I don't think RP is making any progress as a credible Opposition party under his leadership..

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree with you. Chee made the same error early in this political career and paid the price dearly. Politics requires engaging with the citizens and on issues that concern the citizens. Taking to task the govt of the day on these issues are central.

Though I agree with KJ that they are not even following the very rules/laws they created, most Singaporeans are lost on this.

The same mistake KJ made that Chee made is not this. The same mistake is, a loan pledge is different from a loan. Sorry to both guys, but get the facts correct.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pledging to donate a kidney is different from having donated a kiney sibo:confused:

But can I pledge to donate your kidney when I do not have the authority:confused:

The same mistake KJ made that Chee made is not this. The same mistake is, a loan pledge is different from a loan. Sorry to both guys, but get the facts correct.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes pledging is different from giving. Perhaps KJ lost his economics skillls from Cambridge? Has he not studied global macro economics?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pledging to donate a kidney is different from having donated a kiney sibo:confused:

But can I pledge to donate your kidney when I do not have the authority:confused:

Whether they have the authority to pledge loans or not, not a single cent of our money has been given, so that is different from saying they have broken the law or breached the constitution.

But I say they have the right to pledge loans because they are the government. No government is this world is banned from pledging or giving loans. If WP pledge loans, then that is funny. It will be like what you said, that I am pledging a kidney that is not mine.

Also, pledged loans come with a lot of preconditions, you know. In IMF case, loans will be given only after they are worse than bankrupt.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

KJ should focus more on daily problems being faced by Sporeans.. Many Sporeans don't really want to know the intricate details of this IMF loan since it's not affecting them directly.. What they are really worried most is the ever increasing of Foreigners in our country, the high prices of HDB flats and the jobs being given to FTs.. This IMF loan issue can put one side first.. Bread and butter issues must be addressed immediately..

Yes, nice theory, but you have to prove to me that sinkies are more concerned about daily problems. Because the last time I checked, dispite all the issues you brought up, THEY STILL VOTED THE PAP BACK INTO POWER. Is this a sign that they are very concerned? Sinkies have a huge capacity for anal sex, because the PAP has been screwing them in the backside for decades and they keep coming back for more. This IMF loan is of interest to people like me and I appreciate KJ bringing it up.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

How much did Tharm Shagyourmama give to the IMF, what are the repayment terms, and what if any interest is the IMF paying us? Anyone know?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Don't be a fucking idiot, u think KJ, a trained economist, does not know the diff between a loan pledge and a loan? Read the article below and enlighten yourself. The money is already gone.

Singapore to lend IMF $5 billion

By Malminderjit Singh

Singapore on Friday (April 20) joined the ranks of the Group of 20 (G-20) countries by contributing a US$4 billion (S$5 billion) loan to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to help troubled economies.

This is part of the broader international effort to boost the IMF's lending capacity, which managing director Christine Lagarde wants to increase by US$400 billion.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) on Friday announced that Singapore will make a bilateral loan of US$4 billion to the IMF but stressed that this contribution will be by way of contingent loans to the Fund, and not directly to countries borrowing from it. "Hence, as with our permanent capital subscriptions to the IMF (or quota subscriptions), this bilateral loan will remain part of Singapore's Official Foreign Reserves," MAS said in a statement.

Singapore joined other countries at the G-20 spring meetings in Washington to make this commitment to the IMF.

In a separate joint statement issued, Singapore - along with Australia, the Republic of Korea and the United Kingdom - said these contributions were made "to increase the precautionary resources of the IMF" and would be done by way of contingent loans or note purchase agreements.

Besides the pledge by Singapore, Australia committed US$7 billion, Republic of Korea US$15 billion and the UK US$15 billion, bringing the total pledged yesterday to US$41 billion.

The four countries clarified that their contributions have been made to increase the capabilities of the IMF in playing its role effectively without any specific mention of whether this amount would be used for helping to bail out eurozone countries from their debt crisis.

"Should these additional resources be used, they would support well-designed IMF programmes with appropriate conditionality and risk-mitigating measures would apply."

The IMF announced on Thursday that it was confident of raising an additional US$400 billion of funds to assure markets that it was able to cope with any future needs of the eurozone crisis. It has already secured US$320 billion in commitments, buoyed by Japan's pledge of US$60 billion and a total contribution of US$34 billion by Poland and Switzerland.

At the meeting of G-20 finance ministers and central bankers in Washington, Ms Lagarde said she expected the IMF's "firepower to be significantly increased" and even mentioned a commitment from Singapore without specifying any amount.

While the IMF is closer to the US$400 billion target it has set for it to better cope with the crisis, the figure is down from the additional US$500 billion Ms Lagarde had initially requested in January.

The IMF is yet to receive a contribution from the US, the largest contributor to the Fund, although it is unlikely to make any additional funding commitment with presidential elections only a little more than six months away.

China, another notable absentee from the list of contributors thus far, has been silent on its likely commitment although it is expected to do so at the G-20 meetings alongside its fellow BRICS - Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Referring to the topic - high economics rather than bread and butter issues. The man in the street not interested in loans, loan packages, treasury bills, rate of return on investments etc.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

yes pledging is different from giving. Perhaps KJ lost his economics skillls from Cambridge? Has he not studied global macro economics?

Perhaps u should educate yourself first before believing the PAP IB Tanwahp. It IS A LOAN, not a pledge. There is no where in KJ's article that mentions pledge. See the article above.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

How much did Tharm Shagyourmama give to the IMF, what are the repayment terms, and what if any interest is the IMF paying us? Anyone know?

Check the IMF website on loans.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Referring to the topic - high economics rather than bread and butter issues. The man in the street not interested in loans, loan packages, treasury bills, rate of return on investments etc.

I beg to differ. In the last election minister pay is not a bread and butter issue. Rich and powerful men award themselves more and more salary, what has it got to do with the man in the street trying to survive day by day? It has been happening in singapore for a long time. As it turns out, it had a lot to do with it. The issue became so contentious that the PAP was scared into forming a salary review committee and actually ended up lowering the minister pays. Imagine that happening in singapore. The quality of the PAP candidates like Tin Pei Ling, and some of the instant BG/MGs was also a huge issue, and got the PAP defensive on more than one occasion.

In this case, the man on the street knows that $5 billion could have been spend here in Singapore to better his personal lot. The govt. is always harping about protecting the common man by investing his share of the money in the national reserves wisely, and he now turns around and sees the PAP give it to an organization like the IMF who will in turn piss it away by bailing out Greece, Italy, etc. Why wasn't this $5 billion used to lower his MRT ticket price, or lower his medical costs, etc. A more sophisticated man on the street would realise these loans are in USD, and with the USD plunging against the SGD, we will be lucky to get back $4.5 billion of the $5 billion we loan to them.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Back then when CSJ raised the issue of the US$5 billion 'standby facility' to Indonesia...it created a mini hoo-ha.
Fast forward to now...KJ brought this to public attention and no one gives a hoot.

I can conclude that sinkies have increased their tolerance for anal sex yet again.....

Yes, nice theory, but you have to prove to me that sinkies are more concerned about daily problems. Because the last time I checked, dispite all the issues you brought up, THEY STILL VOTED THE PAP BACK INTO POWER. Is this a sign that they are very concerned? Sinkies have a huge capacity for anal sex, because the PAP has been screwing them in the backside for decades and they keep coming back for more. This IMF loan is of interest to people like me and I appreciate KJ bringing it up.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

true. all the pap have to do is throw a handout of 200 for everyone, and majority will take the bait. they are masters of incentives/disincentives and know what motivates sinkies more than anyone else. sinkies love hot shafts of pain and joy in the rear, and the pappy leadership are gurus in the trade. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Back then when CSJ raised the issue of the US$5 billion 'standby facility' to Indonesia...it created a mini hoo-ha.
Fast forward to now...KJ brought this to public attention and no one gives a hoot.

I can conclude that sinkies have increased their tolerance for anal sex yet again.....

Yes, sinkies like anal sex 2 elections ago, but the last election shows they LOVE it now. The situation has worsen dramatically between the last 2 elections, yet, 60% still voted for them. The PAP will go down in history as the worse sodomisers in the world.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

true. all the pap have to do is throw a handout of 200 for everyone, and majority will take the bait. they are masters of incentives/disincentives and know what motivates sinkies more than anyone else. sinkies love hot shafts of pain and joy in the rear, and the pappy leadership are gurus in the trade. :biggrin:

Yes, u are right, there is no bread and butter issue that $200 can't get rid of.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, u are right, there is no bread and butter issue that $200 can't get rid of.
Stupid 60.1% sinkies....dun they realize Pappies are bribing us with OUR $$$?
The handout money is ours to begin with.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Stupid 60.1% sinkies....dun they realize Pappies are bribing us with OUR $$$?
The handout money is ours to begin with.

After being analised for so long, sinkies are sperm blind already.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pledges are pledges. You only can see a while later if the pledge has been fulfilled--usually IMF primary documents.

As I've said, no other parliamentarian in any of those other debt-ridden countries which have pledged funds to the IMF in that report has ask a question like KJ, who is NOT a parliamentarian himself!