• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Thais Love Their King, Why Can't We Love LKY?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only do so in private and very discreetly with rational mature Thais:wink:

Handley's book is a real eye opener and I gather has been read by many Thais perhaps similar to S'poreans reading Francis Seow's books, all on the sly:p
In thailand, if one speaks bad of the King, he might get walloped on the streets and if caught by Police, gets thrown to prison after some bashing.
So who dares to speak bad about the King?

They even ban access to foreign websites which criticises the Monarchy.

It's a bit similar to what LKY did.
But the good thing is you criticise LKY in singapore, you still get to live and at most you become very poor.
You criticise the King in thailand, I don't know whether still have the chance to see the next sun rise:o

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get the feeling that the politically mature and rational Thais have long since seen King Bhumipol for what he is, a mere mortal like the rest of them.
Nothing can distract the fact that the people of Thailand love their king, this KING! The Thai people are not ignorant of history and are no fools. Things are discussed in private, not in the open. The feelings toward the Crown Prince are well known in PRIVATE conversations. The monarchy will never be the same after the KING passes on!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get the feeling that the politically mature and rational Thais have long since seen King Bhumipol for what he is, a mere mortal like the rest of them.

constant worship in idols will bring calamities to your countries. thailand is a land of idols.

i am telling you the secret of life, many people still dun get it....sigh!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should watch this movie called Hero. Don't just read the synopsis. You could rent this and watch

Qin Emperor is a tyrant, and the assassin has the chance to kill him. But at the last moment of time, he chose to let him go and sacrifice his own life.

This movie is not just about martial arts and nice cinematography but behind the story has a meaning as to what we think may not be the for the good of everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_(movie)

oh please. stop comparing lky to qin emperor. spore is but one small island state. ikan billis how to compare to whale?? please try and get out of the well and see the world.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
although spore is a first world country, the people are still in the feudal asian mindset. love the king? please, wake up.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
its only in a authoritarian political system, people keep talking about loving, worshiping the mega-leader, the dictator. The Nazis Germany, PRC (Mao Tze Dong), Cuba, North Korea, they did just that.

please stop this nonsense sporean.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
We hate LKY because it's what he wants. He's already said "I'd rather be feared than be loved. At least if you fear me, you're too scared to betray me. You can still betray someone you love." :oIo:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

If its Chee's style of criticism brought over to Thailand, he would have been dead long ago.

The politically mature and rational Thais know, but due to les majeste laws, who dares to put their head on the guillotine?

So the impression given to everyone else in the whole world is everyone loves the King.
Not like in singapore, you can see people juxtaposing images on LKY, LHL and create jokes over it on online forums.
In thailand you do that, you are dead duck. :p

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal

The best litmus test to gauge that view would be to desecrate the image of the King in front of a cross section of Thais and see the reaction. I would prefer that the experiment be conducted on a Sunday in Golden Mile Shopping Centre but seek to avoid the rebuttal that the majority there are irrational and uneducated!:wink:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best litmus test to gauge that view would be to desecrate the image of the King in front of a cross section of Thais and see the reaction. I would prefer that the experiment be conducted on a Sunday in Golden Mile Shopping Centre but seek to avoid the rebuttal that the majority there are irrational and uneducated!:wink:

First of all, what's your point of desecrating a leader's image in front of their people?

To prove a point that if the people beats you up and give you a bashing means how much they love their country?

I can only say if you think this is a test, then I can only say you are very childish in your thinking.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, what's your point of desecrating a leader's image in front of their people?

To prove a point that if the people beats you up and give you a bashing means how much they love their country?

I can only say if you think this is a test, then I can only say you are very childish in your thinking.

Why do you see fit to offend when you want to counter points made in a debate. You brought in Chee's name which I am hard put to see the relevance to the topic at hand. Is that childish or matured on your part?
What I've said was figurative of the questioning of the true feelings of the Thais toward their King but then, you must have the last word, wouldn't you!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you see fit to offend when you want to counter points made in a debate. You brought in Chee's name which I am hard put to see the relevance to the topic at hand. Is that childish or matured on your part?
What I've said was figurative of the questioning of the true feelings of the Thais toward their King but then, you must have the last word, wouldn't you!

Ok, the thais love their KING very much. You love the KING very much too.
Their love is all with true feelings.

Hope you would be satisfied with this reply. :p

Love is Blind or Blind love?

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya hor, the Thais treat their king like a demigod - for doing nothing. At least if you treat SM Lee like a demigod, you could get something in return - greater stability for the country, your 13th or 14th months year end bonus, safety for your children and family, and of course the honour of living in a first world country.

He is unlike SM Lee who after a heart surgery a few days ago is still doing his job and travelling to Hong Kong to publicise Singapore to potential investors so that more jobs can be created for his citizens, and also to raise the profile of Singapore in the political and economic world so that ordinary Singaporeans and businessmen can be respected globally. Lesser Singaporeans could have asked for two months of MCs. That MadNSman lurking in this forum could have asked to be discharged with honour from his NS duties - with a medal thrown in!

SM Lee should be treated like a moden day King.

Are u sick?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary it appeared that they started doing so on youtube which was thereafter temporarily banned.

The politically mature and rational Thais and other nore roguish characters are probably waiting for Bhumibol to pass on, then the Monarchy shall possibly be in the deep shit and rightly so I should add.

If its Chee's style of criticism brought over to Thailand, he would have been dead long ago.

The politically mature and rational Thais know, but due to les majeste laws, who dares to put their head on the guillotine?

So the impression given to everyone else in the whole world is everyone loves the King.
Not like in singapore, you can see people juxtaposing images on LKY, LHL and create jokes over it on online forums.
In thailand you do that, you are dead duck.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
its only in a authoritarian political system, people keep talking about loving, worshiping the mega-leader, the dictator. The Nazis Germany, PRC (Mao Tze Dong), Cuba, North Korea, they did just that.

please stop this nonsense sporean.

worshipping another human is also idol worshipping...

sooner or later they will let you down someday..

trusts in Jesus, His promise will not be broken.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary it appeared that they started doing so on youtube which was thereafter temporarily banned.

The politically mature and rational Thais and other nore roguish characters are probably waiting for Bhumibol to pass on, then the Monarchy shall possibly be in the deep shit and rightly so I should add.

We all have to be a bit more subtle in our comments, or else there is a possibility this website might get a ban too from that Kingdom.

It's not wrong to say once the King pass on, there will be more turmoil in the country,
but
if I look at it from another perspective, it could be a chance for the country to really move forward without any Monarchy behind again.
Right now what we saw are that the Army, the Police, the Govt are holding back while the PAD are pulling no punches in their pursuit.

If the Army, the Police and the Govt move forward with their no holds bar treatment, the PAD would have been curbed and of course we would see bloodshed. And innocent , jobless old folks who are offered 100 baht a day to leave their village and go for protests (to build up their numbers) are the ones going to suffer the most.
(Hope I didn't gave out too much info here. )

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there anything I say more that can change your opinion?

I don't think so, and my viewpoint is not to change people's opinion but to look at things from more perspectives :o

I cant see any angled or alternate perspectives except that MOST Sporeans dont love LKY as much as the Thais love their King. Dont have to try to change one's opinions or perspective. The changes must come from our leader himself. If he brands himself as a fearful Golgotha, then he shall be one. If he display more compassion & human-nature, im sure the feelings is reciprocal.

Cheers