• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The stationary flat Earth

Do you think the Earth is flat and stationary?

• I'm not sure...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
happy trolling :biggrin:

knowing it vs understanding it... not my department.

I don't need you to explain gravity to me. Can find tons of information from google.
here is just one : Gravity is the force that attracts two bodies toward each other, the force that causes apples to fall toward the ground and the planets to orbit the sun. The more massive an object is, the stronger its gravitational pull.
It is what causes objects to have weight. When you weigh yourself, the scale tells you how much gravity is acting on your body. The formula for determining weight is: weight equals mass times gravity. On Earth, gravity is a constant 9.8 meters per second squared, or 9.8 m/s2.

here are more : Isaac Newton and his law of gravitation that any two objects in the Universe exert a force of attraction on each other. This relationship is based on the mass of the two objects and the distance between them. The greater the mass of the two objects and the shorter the distance between them, the stronger the pull of the gravitational forces they exert on each other.

besides gravity , your spinning earth also experience centrifugal force and centripetal force.

some how in a mysterious way , all these forces work perfectly well together to
keep the earth rotating and spinning.
even it is spinning at 1,675 km/hour the sea water still "stick' to the earth and not
flying off. But a washing machine drum spinning at much slow speed is able to
force the water out of the wet clothes.

Don't just gloss over it with an absurd answer when you are unable to
provide a logical rebuttal . :p

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
i did not response to the latest quibble from learned Yang
because i don't want to continue this meaningless exchange

since you bring it up again. i will ask him more questions. :p

Last edited:

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
happy trolling :biggrin:

knowing it vs understanding it... not my department.

do you know what is trolling in the context of the internet ?

i conceded that you know and understand what is gravity and i don't. You could be a professor in physics.
yet you cannot provide logical answers to those questions i asked.

lets forget about those questions. Here are a 2 simple one for you.

lets get some fact claimed by round ball earth believer. 1] earth going round the sun at 107,000 km/h 2] rotates at 1,675 km/hour,
3] 150 million kilometers from the sun

1] you claimed to be knowledgeable , i am sure you understand what is sloshing of liquid in a container.
as the ocean tanker or tanker truck moves , the liquid in the cylindrical container will slosh. how great is the sloshing depends on the speed.

lets say truck is moving at 100km/hr , a slow speed compared to earth speed round the sun.
you claimed that the water of the ocean is not sloshing because of gravity.
yet the weak gravity of the moon can cause tide to rise. care to explain?

2] round ball earth believer claimed that seasons are due to earth rotating on a tilted axis.
distance difference of a tilted earth and one rotating on a vertical axis is a few thousand km. the sun ray travels 150 million kilometers to heat up
the equator , yet it lose power to heat up some places just a few thousand km away.
care to explain ?

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Physicsforums.com for all your queries on physics.

For sloshing to happen, it means velocity not constant. Think also of a fly in the car.

for Seasons, I would hazard a Guess, that length of day light hours varies due to tilt. More day light = more heat, and vice versa. U need a planetary science guy to answer this accurately.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Did alleged rapist lie about lifting mum’s skirt?
Sep 08, 2016 09.40AM | Wan Ting Koh
linkedin

by Wan Ting Koh

IT WAS all a story cooked up by a son who allegedly raped his mother.

The alleged rapist wanted to explain away the recorded telephone exchange between him and his mother after the incident, claimed the prosecution in yesterday (Sept 7) morning’s trial in the High Court against a 33-year-old former safety co-ordinator who allegedly raped and molested his mother in the wee hours of Oct 4, 2013.

The man, who is the second of three sons, resumed the stand today after a seven-week long break. He was cross-examined by Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Sellakumaran. All parties involved cannot be named due to a court gag order.

According to the prosecution, the mother, then 53 years old, was alone at home and asleep when her son allegedly molested and raped her “despite her pleas for him to stop” around 2.30am that Friday. After the alleged crime, she left at the earliest opportunity for her daughter in law’s home and called her son while on the way. She recorded the conversation with another mobile phone.

The son’s version of events, however, has been that upon returning home, he approached his mother, who was asleep on the bed, to lift up her skirt to look at her private parts – and nothing more. A few hours later, his mother even woke him up to accompany her to the coffeeshop for coffee, he said. Instead, he suggested that his mother is alleging he raped her as she wanted him out of the house, which they shared with the mother’s second husband.

He now faces one count each of rape, of molestation and of aggravated molestation – all of which he is contesting.

But the bulk of the cross-examination fell on the six-minute telephone dialogue, previously played in court (Jul 20), that the mother had recorded. You can read more about the telephone conversation here. Both the accused and prosecution disputed the meanings of each of the sentences raised:

Son: “I remember everything, I remember everything, mother, I didn’t forget. I remember. I like. I want again.”

The son claimed that in this sentence, he was referring to an argument he had with his mother at the coffeeshop where he had cursed and called her names, and that he was being sarcastic to his mother by saying that he “remembered” and wanted to do it again. The DPP, on the other hand, suggested that the son was referring to the alleged rape and not to the conversation at the coffeeshop.

Son: “Boy say boy likes mother. This is between us.”

Sticking to his story of lifting his mother’s skirt, the son maintained that he didn’t want his mother to cause him embarrassment by telling his siblings. He added that his “like” for his mother was nothing beyond what a son felt for a mother. However, the DPP pointed to the mother’s response, “Cannot, I have a husband”, arguing that the mother had no reason to reply this way if the son was referring to filial love for a mother.

Son: “If you read books. You read… people… high ranking… happen before”

The son said that here, he was simply suggesting that generally, people make mistakes. The DPP thought otherwise. It was one thing to say that everyone made mistakes and another to say that you’ve heard of other people committing a sexual act before, said Mr Sellakumaran. He pointed out that in this case, the son was saying he had read about the act before. However, the son insisted he had been “high on alcohol” and made a mistake.

Mother: “What have you done… you see mother is in pain.”

This, the son suggested that “pain” did not necessarily refer to bodily pain, but emotional pain or “heart pain”. However, he added that before the incident had occurred, he had brought his mother to the doctor when she complained of physical pain.The prosecution argued that pain, in this case, referred to the physical pain the mother had experienced as a result of the alleged sexual assault, to which the son disagreed.

Mother: “Why you do this to me? I am shocked boy. This morning I was really shocked. Eee… I am embarrassed to see your face. If [my husband] knows, what will my fate be?”

Why would the mother be embarrassed if all the son did was to lift her skirt, the DPP asked. After all, the fault lay squarely on the son alone. The son agreed that if people found out about the skirt-lifting incident, they would blame him rather than his mother. If that was the case, why would the mother be worried, the DPP then asked.

Said the DPP: “The reason why she was afraid of what [her husband] would think is because you had sexual intercourse with her.” However, the son maintained that his mother would still be embarrassed even if all he did was lift her skirt.

The son’s version – lifting his mother’s skirt to look at her private parts – was nothing more than a lie which the son created after he discovered that his mother recorded their telephone conversation, said Mr Sellakumaran.

The DPP pointed out that the son had failed to point it out in his previous police statements as he “had not thought of the story at the time [he] gave the statement”. The son denied this, saying that he did not want to worsen the situation by telling police what had happened, given that they were already accusing him of rape.

However, the prosecution was having none of it. Mr Sellakumaran added: “It was only when you found out about the recording, [and that] you had to explain the conversation that you had come up with the story about lifting your mother’s blouse.” The DPP also referred to the blouse as a skirt in other instances. The son’s version was a mere “afterthought”, he added.

Said the DPP: “You are desperately trying to find a way to explain the incriminating portions [of the phone conversation].”

Molestation carries up to two years’ jail, with caning or a fine. For aggravated molestation, the accused could be jailed for two to 10 years and caned. For rape, the maximum sentence is 20 years with caning or a fine.

Court resumes this morning (Sept 8).

Trial within trial called

The son, represented by defence counsel Harry Elias, is arguing that the first two of the six statements he recorded with the police were not given voluntarily. As such, a trial within trial was ordered by the judge to determine whether the two statements under question will be admissible.

The sub-trial began yesterday afternoon (Sept 7), with the son returning to the dock while Assistant Superintendent (ASP) Thermizi Tho, the investigating officer for the case who had previously taken the stand to give his testimony regarding the circumstances of the recording. The two statements were recorded on the day of the incident, Oct 4, 2013 at 7.36pm and 9.08pm.

The first statement was recorded after an interview with the son, first by ASP Tho, who later handed the reins over to two other police officers, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP) Burhan and Station Inspector Thina as he left to see the victim.

The defence counsel is arguing that DSP Burhan and Station Inspector Thina had beaten and threatened the son, hence the statement was “procured through threat, inducement, and promise”.

The trial within trial will resume first thing today (Sept 8), with the two police officers expected to take the stand.

To know more about the trial, read our reports here:

A phone call between a mother and her alleged rapist – her son
Rapist-son trial: Expert witness concedes possible that ‘rape never took place’
Rapist-son trial: All I did was lift mum’s nightdress

Featured image Supreme Court Building by Wikimedia Commons user Terence Ong. (CC BY-SA 2.0)

If you like this article, Like The Middle Ground‘s Facebook Page as well!

For breaking news, you can talk to us via email.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did alleged rapist lie about lifting mum’s skirt?
Sep 08, 2016 09.40AM | Wan Ting Koh
linkedin

by Wan Ting Koh

IT WAS all a story cooked up by a son who allegedly raped his mother.

The alleged rapist wanted to explain away the recorded telephone exchange between him and his mother after the incident, claimed the prosecution in yesterday (Sept 7) morning’s trial in the High Court against a 33-year-old former safety co-ordinator who allegedly raped and molested his mother in the wee hours of Oct 4, 2013.

The man, who is the second of three sons, resumed the stand today after a seven-week long break. He was cross-examined by Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Sellakumaran. All parties involved cannot be named due to a court gag order.

According to the prosecution, the mother, then 53 years old, was alone at home and asleep when her son allegedly molested and raped her “despite her pleas for him to stop” around 2.30am that Friday. After the alleged crime, she left at the earliest opportunity for her daughter in law’s home and called her son while on the way. She recorded the conversation with another mobile phone.

The son’s version of events, however, has been that upon returning home, he approached his mother, who was asleep on the bed, to lift up her skirt to look at her private parts – and nothing more. A few hours later, his mother even woke him up to accompany her to the coffeeshop for coffee, he said. Instead, he suggested that his mother is alleging he raped her as she wanted him out of the house, which they shared with the mother’s second husband.

He now faces one count each of rape, of molestation and of aggravated molestation – all of which he is contesting.

But the bulk of the cross-examination fell on the six-minute telephone dialogue, previously played in court (Jul 20), that the mother had recorded. You can read more about the telephone conversation here. Both the accused and prosecution disputed the meanings of each of the sentences raised:

Son: “I remember everything, I remember everything, mother, I didn’t forget. I remember. I like. I want again.”

The son claimed that in this sentence, he was referring to an argument he had with his mother at the coffeeshop where he had cursed and called her names, and that he was being sarcastic to his mother by saying that he “remembered” and wanted to do it again. The DPP, on the other hand, suggested that the son was referring to the alleged rape and not to the conversation at the coffeeshop.

Son: “Boy say boy likes mother. This is between us.”

Sticking to his story of lifting his mother’s skirt, the son maintained that he didn’t want his mother to cause him embarrassment by telling his siblings. He added that his “like” for his mother was nothing beyond what a son felt for a mother. However, the DPP pointed to the mother’s response, “Cannot, I have a husband”, arguing that the mother had no reason to reply this way if the son was referring to filial love for a mother.

Son: “If you read books. You read… people… high ranking… happen before”

The son said that here, he was simply suggesting that generally, people make mistakes. The DPP thought otherwise. It was one thing to say that everyone made mistakes and another to say that you’ve heard of other people committing a sexual act before, said Mr Sellakumaran. He pointed out that in this case, the son was saying he had read about the act before. However, the son insisted he had been “high on alcohol” and made a mistake.

Mother: “What have you done… you see mother is in pain.”

This, the son suggested that “pain” did not necessarily refer to bodily pain, but emotional pain or “heart pain”. However, he added that before the incident had occurred, he had brought his mother to the doctor when she complained of physical pain.The prosecution argued that pain, in this case, referred to the physical pain the mother had experienced as a result of the alleged sexual assault, to which the son disagreed.

Mother: “Why you do this to me? I am shocked boy. This morning I was really shocked. Eee… I am embarrassed to see your face. If [my husband] knows, what will my fate be?”

Why would the mother be embarrassed if all the son did was to lift her skirt, the DPP asked. After all, the fault lay squarely on the son alone. The son agreed that if people found out about the skirt-lifting incident, they would blame him rather than his mother. If that was the case, why would the mother be worried, the DPP then asked.

Said the DPP: “The reason why she was afraid of what [her husband] would think is because you had sexual intercourse with her.” However, the son maintained that his mother would still be embarrassed even if all he did was lift her skirt.

The son’s version – lifting his mother’s skirt to look at her private parts – was nothing more than a lie which the son created after he discovered that his mother recorded their telephone conversation, said Mr Sellakumaran.

The DPP pointed out that the son had failed to point it out in his previous police statements as he “had not thought of the story at the time [he] gave the statement”. The son denied this, saying that he did not want to worsen the situation by telling police what had happened, given that they were already accusing him of rape.

However, the prosecution was having none of it. Mr Sellakumaran added: “It was only when you found out about the recording, [and that] you had to explain the conversation that you had come up with the story about lifting your mother’s blouse.” The DPP also referred to the blouse as a skirt in other instances. The son’s version was a mere “afterthought”, he added.

Said the DPP: “You are desperately trying to find a way to explain the incriminating portions [of the phone conversation].”

Molestation carries up to two years’ jail, with caning or a fine. For aggravated molestation, the accused could be jailed for two to 10 years and caned. For rape, the maximum sentence is 20 years with caning or a fine.

Court resumes this morning (Sept 8).

Trial within trial called

The son, represented by defence counsel Harry Elias, is arguing that the first two of the six statements he recorded with the police were not given voluntarily. As such, a trial within trial was ordered by the judge to determine whether the two statements under question will be admissible.

The sub-trial began yesterday afternoon (Sept 7), with the son returning to the dock while Assistant Superintendent (ASP) Thermizi Tho, the investigating officer for the case who had previously taken the stand to give his testimony regarding the circumstances of the recording. The two statements were recorded on the day of the incident, Oct 4, 2013 at 7.36pm and 9.08pm.

The first statement was recorded after an interview with the son, first by ASP Tho, who later handed the reins over to two other police officers, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP) Burhan and Station Inspector Thina as he left to see the victim.

The defence counsel is arguing that DSP Burhan and Station Inspector Thina had beaten and threatened the son, hence the statement was “procured through threat, inducement, and promise”.

The trial within trial will resume first thing today (Sept 8), with the two police officers expected to take the stand.

To know more about the trial, read our reports here:

A phone call between a mother and her alleged rapist – her son
Rapist-son trial: Expert witness concedes possible that ‘rape never took place’
Rapist-son trial: All I did was lift mum’s nightdress

Featured image Supreme Court Building by Wikimedia Commons user Terence Ong. (CC BY-SA 2.0)

If you like this article, Like The Middle Ground‘s Facebook Page as well!

For breaking news, you can talk to us via email.

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How To Pick The Perfect Protein Powder!

By Robert Wildman, PhD, RD, FISSN
Last updated: Jan 08, 2016
SHARES
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Share to Pinterest
Share to More
With so many protein powders on the market, how do you know which one to buy? Here are some simple guidelines to help you pick the perfect protein for your goals!

I like to think we're living in the golden age of protein. Protein has never been as popular as it is today, and I'm glad people everywhere are finally embracing the power of this mighty macronutrient. Protein is a critical building block that aids in the growth, maintenance, and repair of muscle, and there's no denying its impact on strength, performance, and body composition.

As a nutritionist, I find it interesting that so many myths about protein have come and gone, including the claim that the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) was perfect for all adults, regardless of how much they trained, and that if you ate more protein than the RDA your kidneys and bones could be in danger. Obviously a lot has changed. In recent years it has become clear that people who exercise regularly need more protein than the RDA, and that higher intakes are quite safe.

However, with so many protein supplements on the market, one of the most common questions I get asked is which one to buy. Below are some guidelines to help you pick the right protein type and product for your personal fitness goals!
Protein: The King of Performance Nutrients

Protein makes up roughly 80 percent of muscle mass (once the water is removed), and is responsible for muscles' structure and action. In addition to high-protein foods, many athletes rely on protein supplements to help optimize muscle size, strength, and performance. But when it comes to protein supplements, the bottom line is that not all proteins are created equal. Before we get into the different types of protein, let's quickly go over how proteins are classified:

CONCENTRATES: The concentration and processing of protein in powder form can yield different compositions, based on the degree of removal of "non-protein" parts. For example, protein concentrates contain about 70-80 percent protein, with the remaining percent from carbohydrates, minerals, moisture (water) and fats.
ISOLATES: Protein isolates, on the other hand, have had more of the non-protein parts removed and contain up to 90 percent protein with a lesser degree of the non-protein nutrients. For instance whey protein isolate is about 86 percent protein (90 percent dry weight).
HYDROLYSATES: The term hydrolyzed protein, or hydrolysates, refers to the presence of partially digested proteins including polypeptides and peptides. "Partially digested" may sound undesirable, but it may actually be beneficial! In addition to providing amino acid building blocks, peptides might have additional actions in the body.

BSN Syntha-6
View Product

Cellucor COR-Performance Whey
View Product

MuscleTech Platinum 100% Casein
View Product

* Ratings as of article's date of publication.
Your Protein Program

There are several protein types to choose from, each with their own unique aspects and potential benefits. When it comes to protein powders, milk proteins, egg, and pea are among the most desirable.
Protein Spiking

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you've probably heard of protein spiking and nitrogen spiking in the news. Some brands have been tagged as using additional amino acids like taurine and glycine and even creatine to increase the protein count in a product. They're able to get away with this because all those additional nutrients contain nitrogen, which is the factor used by laboratories to estimate how much protein there is in a product.

The problem is that, while those ingredients have their own benefits, they are not protein, nor will they have the same impact on muscle growth or performance benefits as intact protein. So how do you know if the protein you're taking is high quality and contains the right amount of protein?

Look for leucine-content call-outs for on the protein powder's label. Leucine, an essential branched-chain amino acid critical for muscle-protein production, appears to help maximize the mechanisms that "trigger" or stoke muscle-protein synthesis, resulting in strength, power, endurance, and size development. Look for at least 2 grams of leucine per serving (scoop). For a whey protein powder the math is easy, a 25 gram protein claim would yield around 2.5 grams of leucine since whey protein is roughly 11 percent leucine. Keep in mind that casein and soy contain less leucine, about 8 percent.
Whey Protein

Whey is by far the most popular protein supplement because it has been shown to promote muscle growth and fat loss. It is digested and absorbed faster than other proteins, making it the ideal choice to consume either immediately before or after a workout.

Whey is approximately 20 percent of the protein in cow's milk and has the highest branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) content, including roughly 11 percent leucine and 9 percent combined isoleucine and valine, yielding a 2:1:1 relationship.

Leucine is a very desirable amino acid since it plays a direct role in optimizing muscle-protein manufacturing after strenuous training and in response to a protein meal by increasing the activation of the mTOR pathway. Moreover, whey is probably the most thermogenic protein, meaning that the increase in calories burned per calorie consumed is greater than other proteins. This is likely tied to a more acutely potent effect on muscle protein synthesis.
Casein Protein

Casein, the main protein you'll find in milk, is a slow-digesting protein—especially when compared to whey. Depending on how much you consume, casein can take more than six hours to be fully digested and absorbed by the body, which makes this protein great for a sustained amino acid delivery to muscle.

Although it has a lower anabolic, or direct muscle-building effect, when compared to whey, casein is a good source of BCAAs as well as glutamine, which helps it reduce muscle-protein breakdown. Remember net gains in muscle protein reflect the imbalance between muscle protein synthesis (anabolic) and breakdown (catabolic). Thus glutamine lends support more on the anticatabolic side.

Because of its slow-digesting properties, casein is often recommended before bed or in between meals, either by itself or in blends with other proteins.
Milk Protein

We know milk is great for dunking chocolate chip cookies into, but did you also know it's great for speeding up recovery after an intense workout? Milk protein contains all of the essential amino acids in a natural 80/20 ratio of casein-to-whey blend, which allows for the fast and sustained release of amino acids necessary for muscle growth.

Milk protein isolates and concentrates are common in protein-powder blends, creamy protein RTDs (ready-to-drink), and protein bars.
Egg Protein

Eggs are making a serious comeback now that some of the long-held beliefs about their role in heart disease are being dismissed. The egg protein found in protein powders is mostly egg-white protein isolate, and is an egg-cellent alternative for people with milk allergies!

Egg protein is also at the top of its class when it comes to quality. With a score of 100 on the biological value (BV) index, egg protein contains all the essential amino acids necessary for protein synthesis, and is easily digested by the body.
Pea Protein

Perhaps not as well-known as its protein counterparts, pea protein is a great option for vegetarians and those with allergies to dairy and eggs. Not only is it hypoallergenic, it's high in BCAAs and boasts a 98 percent digestion rate—meaning the body is able to use and process the majority of amino acids per serving. This makes pea protein far superior to other plant-based protein powders, which can be difficult to digest and are not well-utilized by the body.
Protein Targeting and Timing

Most sport nutritionists agree that athletes and individuals who train hard in the gym need to make protein a major nutritional consideration and target it throughout the day. A good rule of thumb is to set a target at or around 20-30 percent of total calories, or 1 gram per pound of lean body weight—or your lean body weight target—with personalization based on calorie level and meal frequency. For example, a lean 190-pound athlete eating 3,000 calories would target roughly 190 grams of protein per day, which approximates 25% of caloric target.

Furthermore, each meal should be based on protein, whereby you consume at least 20-30 grams of protein (depending on body size and protein type) every three hours of so. This will help optimize muscle-protein synthesis (MPS) throughout the day. Further still, there are three key meal targets during the day whereby protein is critical:
"Most sport nutritionists agree that athletes and individuals who train hard in the gym need to make protein a major nutritional consideration and target it throughout the day."
Breakfast

Overnight, muscle protein breakdown (MPB) is increased, and losses can be as much as 5-15 grams depending on body size and diet throughout the day and leading up to bedtime. Protein and some carbohydrates first thing in the morning help reverse this negative impact on muscle protein and stimulate MPS. Shoot for at least 20-35 grams of protein at breakfast, again depending on body size, protein type, and total protein targets for the day.
Pre- and Post-Workout

A strenuous training session can elevate both MPS and MPB. Your goal is to maximize the former and minimize the latter with both protein and some carbohydrates, either immediately before or after training. Like breakfast, aim for around 20-35 grams of protein.
Before Bed

During the night in an unfed state, muscle-protein balance slides more toward MPB than MPS to generate free amino acids to help fuel the body. Consuming at least 20 grams of casein or whey and casein blend, or a lesser amount protein combined with supplemental BCAAs or more specifically leucine, will help keep MPS higher as you sleep.

MuscleTech Phase8
View Product

Universal Nutrition Animal Whey
View Product

RSP Nutrition WHEY
View Product

Recommended For You
Ask The Science Chick: How Bad Is Sodium Consumption For An Athlete?
Our science editor, Krissy Kendall, PhD, CISSN, answers your questions relating to nutrition and supplementation to optimize health and performance!
Which Supplements Should You Be Cycling?
Find out which supplements you should be cycling to maximize your results in the gym.
Quiz: Which Protein Flavor Are You?
Probably the most delicious personality test you'll ever take.
View All Supplements Articles
About The Author
Robert Wildman, PhD, RD, FISSN

Robert has an extensive publishing history in the health and nutrition industry. He brings a wealth of experience to the Bodybuilding.com team.
View All Articles By This Author

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

How To Pick The Perfect Protein Powder!

By Robert Wildman, PhD, RD, FISSN
Last updated: Jan 08, 2016
SHARES
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Share to Pinterest
Share to More
With so many protein powders on the market, how do you know which one to buy? Here are some simple guidelines to help you pick the perfect protein for your goals!

I like to think we're living in the golden age of protein. Protein has never been as popular as it is today, and I'm glad people everywhere are finally embracing the power of this mighty macronutrient. Protein is a critical building block that aids in the growth, maintenance, and repair of muscle, and there's no denying its impact on strength, performance, and body composition.

As a nutritionist, I find it interesting that so many myths about protein have come and gone, including the claim that the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) was perfect for all adults, regardless of how much they trained, and that if you ate more protein than the RDA your kidneys and bones could be in danger. Obviously a lot has changed. In recent years it has become clear that people who exercise regularly need more protein than the RDA, and that higher intakes are quite safe.

However, with so many protein supplements on the market, one of the most common questions I get asked is which one to buy. Below are some guidelines to help you pick the right protein type and product for your personal fitness goals!
Protein: The King of Performance Nutrients

Protein makes up roughly 80 percent of muscle mass (once the water is removed), and is responsible for muscles' structure and action. In addition to high-protein foods, many athletes rely on protein supplements to help optimize muscle size, strength, and performance. But when it comes to protein supplements, the bottom line is that not all proteins are created equal. Before we get into the different types of protein, let's quickly go over how proteins are classified:

CONCENTRATES: The concentration and processing of protein in powder form can yield different compositions, based on the degree of removal of "non-protein" parts. For example, protein concentrates contain about 70-80 percent protein, with the remaining percent from carbohydrates, minerals, moisture (water) and fats.
ISOLATES: Protein isolates, on the other hand, have had more of the non-protein parts removed and contain up to 90 percent protein with a lesser degree of the non-protein nutrients. For instance whey protein isolate is about 86 percent protein (90 percent dry weight).
HYDROLYSATES: The term hydrolyzed protein, or hydrolysates, refers to the presence of partially digested proteins including polypeptides and peptides. "Partially digested" may sound undesirable, but it may actually be beneficial! In addition to providing amino acid building blocks, peptides might have additional actions in the body.

BSN Syntha-6
View Product

Cellucor COR-Performance Whey
View Product

MuscleTech Platinum 100% Casein
View Product

Your Protein Program

There are several protein types to choose from, each with their own unique aspects and potential benefits. When it comes to protein powders, milk proteins, egg, and pea are among the most desirable.
Protein Spiking

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you've probably heard of protein spiking and nitrogen spiking in the news. Some brands have been tagged as using additional amino acids like taurine and glycine and even creatine to increase the protein count in a product. They're able to get away with this because all those additional nutrients contain nitrogen, which is the factor used by laboratories to estimate how much protein there is in a product.

The problem is that, while those ingredients have their own benefits, they are not protein, nor will they have the same impact on muscle growth or performance benefits as intact protein. So how do you know if the protein you're taking is high quality and contains the right amount of protein?

Look for leucine-content call-outs for on the protein powder's label. Leucine, an essential branched-chain amino acid critical for muscle-protein production, appears to help maximize the mechanisms that "trigger" or stoke muscle-protein synthesis, resulting in strength, power, endurance, and size development. Look for at least 2 grams of leucine per serving (scoop). For a whey protein powder the math is easy, a 25 gram protein claim would yield around 2.5 grams of leucine since whey protein is roughly 11 percent leucine. Keep in mind that casein and soy contain less leucine, about 8 percent.
Whey Protein

Whey is by far the most popular protein supplement because it has been shown to promote muscle growth and fat loss. It is digested and absorbed faster than other proteins, making it the ideal choice to consume either immediately before or after a workout.

Whey is approximately 20 percent of the protein in cow's milk and has the highest branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) content, including roughly 11 percent leucine and 9 percent combined isoleucine and valine, yielding a 2:1:1 relationship.

Leucine is a very desirable amino acid since it plays a direct role in optimizing muscle-protein manufacturing after strenuous training and in response to a protein meal by increasing the activation of the mTOR pathway. Moreover, whey is probably the most thermogenic protein, meaning that the increase in calories burned per calorie consumed is greater than other proteins. This is likely tied to a more acutely potent effect on muscle protein synthesis.
Casein Protein

Casein, the main protein you'll find in milk, is a slow-digesting protein—especially when compared to whey. Depending on how much you consume, casein can take more than six hours to be fully digested and absorbed by the body, which makes this protein great for a sustained amino acid delivery to muscle.

Although it has a lower anabolic, or direct muscle-building effect, when compared to whey, casein is a good source of BCAAs as well as glutamine, which helps it reduce muscle-protein breakdown. Remember net gains in muscle protein reflect the imbalance between muscle protein synthesis (anabolic) and breakdown (catabolic). Thus glutamine lends support more on the anticatabolic side.

Because of its slow-digesting properties, casein is often recommended before bed or in between meals, either by itself or in blends with other proteins.
Milk Protein

We know milk is great for dunking chocolate chip cookies into, but did you also know it's great for speeding up recovery after an intense workout? Milk protein contains all of the essential amino acids in a natural 80/20 ratio of casein-to-whey blend, which allows for the fast and sustained release of amino acids necessary for muscle growth.

Milk protein isolates and concentrates are common in protein-powder blends, creamy protein RTDs (ready-to-drink), and protein bars.
Egg Protein

Eggs are making a serious comeback now that some of the long-held beliefs about their role in heart disease are being dismissed. The egg protein found in protein powders is mostly egg-white protein isolate, and is an egg-cellent alternative for people with milk allergies!

Egg protein is also at the top of its class when it comes to quality. With a score of 100 on the biological value (BV) index, egg protein contains all the essential amino acids necessary for protein synthesis, and is easily digested by the body.
Pea Protein

Perhaps not as well-known as its protein counterparts, pea protein is a great option for vegetarians and those with allergies to dairy and eggs. Not only is it hypoallergenic, it's high in BCAAs and boasts a 98 percent digestion rate—meaning the body is able to use and process the majority of amino acids per serving. This makes pea protein far superior to other plant-based protein powders, which can be difficult to digest and are not well-utilized by the body.
Protein Targeting and Timing

Most sport nutritionists agree that athletes and individuals who train hard in the gym need to make protein a major nutritional consideration and target it throughout the day. A good rule of thumb is to set a target at or around 20-30 percent of total calories, or 1 gram per pound of lean body weight—or your lean body weight target—with personalization based on calorie level and meal frequency. For example, a lean 190-pound athlete eating 3,000 calories would target roughly 190 grams of protein per day, which approximates 25% of caloric target.

Furthermore, each meal should be based on protein, whereby you consume at least 20-30 grams of protein (depending on body size and protein type) every three hours of so. This will help optimize muscle-protein synthesis (MPS) throughout the day. Further still, there are three key meal targets during the day whereby protein is critical:
"Most sport nutritionists agree that athletes and individuals who train hard in the gym need to make protein a major nutritional consideration and target it throughout the day."
Breakfast

Overnight, muscle protein breakdown (MPB) is increased, and losses can be as much as 5-15 grams depending on body size and diet throughout the day and leading up to bedtime. Protein and some carbohydrates first thing in the morning help reverse this negative impact on muscle protein and stimulate MPS. Shoot for at least 20-35 grams of protein at breakfast, again depending on body size, protein type, and total protein targets for the day.
Pre- and Post-Workout

A strenuous training session can elevate both MPS and MPB. Your goal is to maximize the former and minimize the latter with both protein and some carbohydrates, either immediately before or after training. Like breakfast, aim for around 20-35 grams of protein.
Before Bed

During the night in an unfed state, muscle-protein balance slides more toward MPB than MPS to generate free amino acids to help fuel the body. Consuming at least 20 grams of casein or whey and casein blend, or a lesser amount protein combined with supplemental BCAAs or more specifically leucine, will help keep MPS higher as you sleep.

MuscleTech Phase8
View Product

Universal Nutrition Animal Whey
View Product

RSP Nutrition WHEY
View Product

Recommended For You
Our science editor, Krissy Kendall, PhD, CISSN, answers your questions relating to nutrition and supplementation to optimize health and performance!
Find out which supplements you should be cycling to maximize your results in the gym.
Probably the most delicious personality test you'll ever take.
View All Supplements Articles
About The Author

Robert has an extensive publishing history in the health and nutrition industry. He brings a wealth of experience to the Bodybuilding.com team.

Who woulda thunk it? Good read.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flat Earth - Fake satellite - Part 3 - Geostationary Satellite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv7j...0&spfreload=10

Flat Earth - Magnetic Field
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgUSCTc56Aw

Bermuda Triangle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

百慕達三角
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%99...B8%89%E8%A7%92

Formosa Triangle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Sea

福穆薩三角
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%A6...B8%89%E8%A7%92

LOL 1st video, 658 views, including mine.

Miy videos have more credibility and xxx times more views than yours.:oIo::kma:

Possible Elvis Sighting 6/1/2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV_2PgxpY2c

Elvis is Alive 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3X5xkl8S8

ELVIS PRESLEY - I'M ALIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBQlWhYA0lw

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
STORETRAININGFIND A PLANNUTRITIONWOMENVIDEOSAPPSUnited States

CREATINE MONOHYDRATE 101

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-bottom: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

Creatine Monohydrate 101: The Research Behind A Phenomenon!

By*Matt Weik

Last updated:*Apr 01, 2015

Creatine monohydrate is the most cost-effective dietary supplement in terms of muscle mass and strength gains. Everyone, including beginners to the supplement world, can learn a great deal about this amazing natural product right here!

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

A new course is available at Weik University on*creatine monohydrate. Those interested in sitting through an easy course, no need to look any further because class has just begun.

Everyone is guaranteed an "A" for the course as long as you sit through the course and pay attention (you can take notes if you wish). From there, all you have to do is take what you learned from the course and utilize it when looking forsupplements.

INTRODUCTION

There are many supplements out on the market that are legal and can be purchased over the counter. Even though these supplements are legal, not all of them will promise to help achieve fitnessgoals. Some products out on the market are merely a placebo and will not do anything the label says it is capable of doing.

There are also some supplements out there that cause side effects worse than the supposed beneficial outcome of the product itself. Throughout this course, you will be supplied with information based on research findings on creatine monohydrate.

Creatine monohydrate is known as a physiological*sports*ergogenic and also a nutritional sports ergogenic. Creatine can be found in small amounts in animal foods and can also be produced in the liver and kidneys from*amino acids(arginine, glycine, and*methionine).

However, much of the creatine that is found in food is destroyed when cooking. Creatine is a substance that is naturally found in our bodies. Over 90% of the creatine in the human body is found in muscle. Bodybuilders consider creatine a necessity for getting results.

Creatine monohydrate is the most cost-effective dietary supplement in terms of muscle mass and strength gains. Creatine can help support*protein*synthesis, which helps muscles grow. Creatine supplementation has been studied for over 80 years - broad use of this substance has only gained popularity in the past decade.

PROTEIN SYNTHESIS
The process by which nitrogen from amino acids is linearly arranged into structural proteins through the involvement of RNA and various enzymes. Protein synthesis is muscle growth. The more efficient you can make this process the more efficiently you can build muscle.

DOSAGES

There have been many studies done to try and determine which dosage of creatine will give athletes higher performance levels. Most studies done oncreatine*used approximately 20-30 grams per day. These dosages have been consumed in 4-5 equal doses per day for 5-7 days (loading phase).

Many athletes prefer to use the powder form of the substance, which can be mixed in with fluids and is quickly directed into the bloodstream. Creatine is best absorbed when taken withcarbohydrates. The best time to take creatine is directly after a workout - this is when your muscles are most receptive to absorbing creatine from the blood.

"Creatine is taken as a supplement in the form of creatine monohydrate because the phosphorylated creatine does not pass through cell membranes" (Baechle, 2000). It is necessary for athletes and bodybuilders to increase their*water*intake while supplementing with creatine because it throws off water and electrolyte balance in the body. It is also recommended to eat a well balanced diet with plenty of*minerals.

WATER ARTICLES:

Water: The Most Important Element Of All.*- By*Ron KosloffThe Most Important Nutrient: Water!*- By*Christopher MohrOther Water Articles...

THEORY

There are many factors that can be improved with the supplementation of creatine. Though some of the factors are not clinically proven to work on everyone, nonetheless these factors have been increased in some subjects whom were examined in the lab.

Creatine is used to increase physical power and mechanical edge. It is also used to increase high power and speed in*sporting*events that use energy primarily from the ATP-CP energy system. Creatine can help burn fat and increase muscle mass. It also claims to increase strength in the elderly.

Scientists have come up with many different theories as far as what creatine actually does for the human body. They have been studying how much creatine should be ingested and what creatine does once inside the muscle itself. They have come up with a standard as for how many grams each person needs per day to see results.

"The normal daily requirement of dietary and endogenously synthesized creatine approximates 2 grams, an amount that is adequate for generating normal intramuscular creatine phosphate (CP) levels" (Williams, 1998).

Creatine supplementation could increase the amount of creatine in the body, thus improving performance in high power and speed skills. "Muscle stores of CP may split and release energy for the rapid resynthesis of ATP, although the supply of CP, like that of ATP, is limited. The combined total of ATP and CP might sustain maximal energy production for approximately 5-10 seconds of maximal effort" (Williams, 1998).

EFFECTIVENESS

In the lab, scientists have been able to find dosages that show signs of improvement in muscle capabilities. These dosages have been found to be effective if taken as prescribed.

"Several studies have shown that oral creatine supplementation in amounts approximately 20-30 grams per day for 5 to 7 days significantly increased intramuscular concentrations of both free creatine and CP during rest and duringrecovery*after intense exercise.

RECOVERY ARTICLES:

Recovery Nutrition!*- By*Christopher MohrThe Dynamics Of Recovery.*- By*Aja FraryAll About Recovery!*- By*John BerardiOther Recovery Articles...

Some subjects, however, were nonresponders, as their muscle CP levels did not increase. Some studies found that creatine supplementation improved performance in the later stages of repetitive, short-term (4-10 seconds), high-intensity cycle ergometer*sprint*tests, repetitive bouts of isotonic, isometric, and isokinetic resistance testing.

Some research suggests creatine supplementation may serve as a buffer in the muscle and may decrease muscle lactate accumulation, enhancing performance in sport events dependent on the lactic acid energy system.

One consistent finding in most studies is an increased body mass. A week of creatine supplementation has been found to increase body mass by about 0.9-2.2 kilograms (2.0-4.6 pounds)" (Williams, 1998).

"In one study, creatine supplementation reduced ATP degradation by 30% and increased work output during two 30 second bouts of maximal isokinetic cycling" (Casey, 1996).

Paul Greenhaff, a British exercise physiologist said, "Creatine should not be viewed as another gimmick supplement; its ingestion is a means of providing immediate, significant performance improvements to athletes involved in explosive sports" (Williams, 1998).

MISLEADING THEORIES

"There is no evidence that the increased body mass gained by the use of creatine is lean muscle tissue, but, the rapidity of weight gain is most likely water weight.

Some research has noted a decrease in urine production associated with creatine supplementation, which is an indirect marker of fluid retention in the body. If, however, creatine supplementation enhances resistance training over time, the result may be an increased muscle mass, or lean body mass, and associated gains in strength and power" (Williams, 1998).

SAFETY

Throughout all of the research that has been done involving the supplementation of creatine, the question still exists in trying to find if creatine is safe when taken in excess. At this point there is no acute health risks involved with creatine supplementation.

As for long-term health risks there are no indications of adverse effects. However, there have been cases where athletes got muscle cramps which could possibly be due to the augmented muscle/water content diluting electrolyte levels.

Caffeine May Negate The Benefits Of Creatine.

The use of creatine right before or during exercise is not recommended. It may also be beneficial to increase fluid intake when taking creatine to prevent dehydration.*Caffeine*may negate the benefits of creatine by inhibiting phosphocreatine resynthesis, which takes place in the recovery phase of exercise.

CONCLUSION

Marketing claims that creatine increases muscle mass are controversial. Research has shown that people who supplement with creatine do gain weight. However, more research is needed to assess how much of the weight gain is actually due to increased muscle mass.

Currently there is no evidence that creatine increases fat*metabolism*either. Some studies have shown that people suffering from certain health problems may improve muscle strength by taking creatine. However, more research needs to be done in this area to confirm these findings.

METABOLISM ARTICLES:

Overcome Your Slow Metabolism.*- By*David RobsonDiet & Exercise Can Alter Metabolism.- By*Dino PierceMaster Your Metabolism!*- By*Joe KlemczewskiOther Metabolism Articles...

Preliminary research investigating the potential benefits of creatine for the elderly, found no difference in strength or body composition in people who were supplementing with creatine. Therefore, not all of the claims about creatine supplementation are exactly true. Nothing has definitely been proven and set in stone as far as the benefits of creatine supplementation but things have been speculated.

RESOURCES

Williams, Melvin H. (1998). The Erogenics Edge: Pushing the Limits of Sports Performance. Champaign: Human Kinetics.

Schwarzenegger, Arnold. (1998). The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. New York: Fireside.

Casey, A., D. Constanin-Teodosiu, S. Howell, E. Hultman, and P.L. Greenhaff. Creatine ingestion favorably affects performance and muscle metabolism during maximal exercise in humans. Am. J. Physiol. 271: E31-E37. 1996.

Baechle, Thomas R., Earle, Roger W. (2000). Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Champaign: Human Kinetics.

Terjung, RL et al. (March, 2000) American College of Sports Medicine Roundtable: the Physiological and Health Effects of Oral Creatine Supplements. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 32(3): 706-717.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Matt Weik

Matt graduated from Penn State with a degree in Kinesiology. He is a fitness expert, strength and conditioning specialist, and sports nutritionist.

RATE THIS ARTICLE

Select A Rating1 - Poor2345678910 - Excellent

0" class="ng-binding ng-scope" style="box-sizing: border-box;">5.8

Out of 10

4 Ratings

2 COMMENTS

Please keep comments positive and constructive.

Help the community by reporting inappropriate comments. Inappropriate comments may be reported and/or removed.

POST COMMENT

Comments

luisnhamue*(Luis)

Great article. But it leaves me with some doubts.

"The best time to take creatine is directly after a workout - this is when your muscles are most receptive to absorbing creatine from the blood. "

"The use of creatine right before or during exercise is not recommended. "

Which one is true?

July 20th, 2015

SaucyJay*(Justin Jorgensen)

They are not conflicting quotes. The first one says to take it AFTER is ideal. The second one says DON'T take it right before or DURING.

I like to take creating in small doses throughout the day, with the largest quantity 2 hours before I workout.

September 9th, 2015

Ambparker*(Ambparker)

The bottom line is that creatine has never been proven in any way to cause cancer.

September 4th, 2013

Talyafter*(Benny Golfdine)

It has also not been proven to do anything at all...."Nothing has definitely been proven and set in stone as far as the benefits of creatine supplementation.."

August 30th, 2016

NEED HELP?Email SupportLive ChatGift CertificatesPayment MethodsSend Us Feedback

ORDERS & SHIPPINGOrder HistoryReturns/ExchangesUS ShippingInternational Shipping

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
thread being revived again. calling me to action.
for diehard round ball earth believers , here is the must watch video providing abundant clues to jolt you out of your stubbonrnness.
after watching it at least use your brain power a little to question the validity and logical explanations given.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg

i have this question for flat earth believers : how does the sun move to give us the season?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hands on: Lutron wireless light switches and sensors September 14th, 2016 | by Alfred Siew A Lutron wireless switch replaces a regular switch on the wall to make the lights "smart" in a room. PHOTO: Alfred Siew A Lutron wireless switch replaces a regular switch on the wall to make the lights “smart” in a room. PHOTO: Alfred Siew You’ve probably walked into a conference room where the lights automatically turned on. Sensing your presence, they came on only when needed. Not many people know it, but that cool trick can be had at home as well. I recently tried out a wireless light control kit from Lutron and have been happily enjoying this little “smart” sensor technology at home. What I got installed was a wireless sensor, a switch and a remote controller. Made by switch maker Lutron, they come in a package or as individual components for self-installation. Together, they let me activate my study room lights automatically when I step in. And when I step out, the lights will go off after a few minutes, as preset into the sensor. Besides convenience, I got to save on power bills. Now, I didn’t try this long enough to see the exact savings but it’s not hard to understand the concept – each minute that the lights are turned off, say, when I walk out for a coffee break, is money saved. Interestingly, the Lutron kit works a bit differently from other smart home kits that you can install yourself. Instead of hooking up a sensor to a lamp and making it “smart”, the company relies on the smarts in its switches instead. It’s a more traditional approach that has one advantage – it works with most existing lights. Whether you’re using a regular fluorescent light, as I am, or dimmable halogen bulbs, the Lutron kit will do its job. Okay, I didn’t exactly install the switches, since I’ve zero experience with electrical setups. However, the installers from Lutron who turned up at my place showed me how easy it was (here’s a tutorial from Lutron). A Lutron activity sensor can be set to automatically switch on or off the lights in a room. PHOTO: Alfred Siew A Lutron activity sensor can be set to automatically switch on or off the lights in a room. PHOTO: Alfred Siew You first replace your wall switch with the wireless version from Lutron. This will connect to your lights as a normal switch would, but with the added connectivity to other Lutron devices. One of these can be an activity or movement sensor. In my case, this was a circular sensor that I could easily paste – using mounting tape – on the ceiling. Once there, it reliably detected movement or a lack of it and controlled the lights depending on the situation. At the back of the sensor, you can set how long the lights should stay on (five, 15 or 30 minutes). You can also set the sensitivity, based on how much energy you want to save and how often you’d be in the room. One catch is that you should set this before mounting the sensor on the ceiling. You don’t want to climb up with a ladder to do that all the time. A Lutron activity sensor can be set to automatically switch on or off the lights in a room. PHOTO: Alfred Siew A Lutron activity sensor can be set to automatically switch on or off the lights in a room. PHOTO: Alfred Siew The wireless switch, of course, is a gateway to a number of things. Another gadget I managed to link to it was a remote switch. Connecting wirelessly, I can use this remote switch right on my table to switch on or off the room lights – or series of lights at home – whenever I want. Is that an unnecessary luxury? Well, I can imagine it coming in handy if you have a home theatre room, or simply for your living room. When you want to get the lights off quickly before you fire up a movie for the evening, that’s one cool way to do so without even leaving your couch. The remote switch also works for multiple rooms, as long as they are linked. By using a lower radio frequency (868MHz) than some Bluetooth or Wi-Fi-based home automation products running on 2.4GHz, Lutron says its wireless signals can penetrate walls better. I tried this out and it works as advertised. Bringing my remote switch to the living room, which is blocked by a few thick walls that usually kills most of my Wi-Fi signals, I could still remotely turn off the lights in my study room. Lutron remote switch with a pedestal. PHOTO: Alfred Siew Lutron remote switch with a pedestal. PHOTO: Alfred Siew The biggest downside, I’d say, is the cost. The Radio Powr Savr Automatic Wireless Light Control Package that includes the wall switch and sensor costs S$379 at Lazada Singapore, not including installation. Adding a remote switch will set you back another S$69. Separately, a pedestal costs S$29. Or you can buy them both as a package for S$89. So, if you were to wire up three bedrooms and a living room cum dining room, that could take four to five wall switches and roughly as many sensors, bringing the cost to more than S$1,000 easily. Is that worth it? I’d say no before I had tried the system out. But I’ve gotten the hang of not having to switch on or off the lights in my room and it’d be a little hard to go back to the old switch. If you’re renovating your place or are switching out old, broken switches, the Lutron switches and sensors are a cool way of getting home automation set up. I guess in that way, the costs of the switches would be just a small fraction of what you’re already spending on all the works.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Japan to boost South China Sea role with training patrols with USNEWSTVPREMIERSIGN INMenuASIA PACIFICJapan to boost South China Sea role with training patrols with USJapan says it will step up its activity in the contested South China Sea through joint training patrols with the United States.*Posted*16 Sep 2016 10:24Updated*16 Sep 2016 10:30ENLARGECAPTION*135****Email*MoreWASHINGTON: Japan will step up its activity in the contested South China Sea through joint training patrols with the United States and bilateral and multilateral exercises with regional navies, Japanese Defence Minister Tomomi Inada said on Thursday (Sep 15).Inada said in a speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington think tank, that Japan's increased engagement in the area, where Japan shares U.S. concerns about China's pursuit of extensive territorial claims, would include capacity building for coastal nations.Japan also has its own dispute with China over territory in the East China Sea. Inada said that if the world condoned attempts to change the rule of law and allowed “rule bending” to succeed, the "consequences could become global.""In this context, I strongly support the US Navy's freedom-of-navigation operations, which go a long way to upholding the rules-based international maritime order," she said."Japan, for its part, will increase its engagement in the South China Sea through, for example, Maritime Self-Defense Force joint training cruises with the US Navy and bilateral and multilateral exercises with regional navies," she said.Japan would also help build the capacity of coastal states in the South China Sea, said Inada, before heading for talks with US Defence Secretary Ash Carter at the Pentagon. Japan said this month it was ready to provide Vietnam with new patrol ships, in its latest step to boost the maritime law-enforcement capabilities of countries locked in territorial rows with China.It also agreed to provide two large patrol ships and lend up to five used surveillance aircraft to the Philippines, another country at odds with China over sovereignty issues in the South China Sea.In response to Inada's comments, the US Navy said in a statement: "The United States welcomes Japan's interest in expanding its maritime activities in the South China Sea. We continue to explore ways to enhance US-Japan cooperative efforts to contribute to the security and stability of the region."- Reuters/rw135****Email*MorePAS spiritual leader Haron Din diesSuspected Singaporean drug dealer nabbed in Johord?1:0};var n;a:{var p=b.navigator;if(p){var q=p.userAgent;if(q){n=q;break a}}n=""};var t=function(a,d){var c=r;Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(c,a)||(c[a]=d(a))};var u=-1!=n.indexOf("Opera"),v=-1!=n.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=n.indexOf("MSIE"),w=-1!=n.indexOf("Edge"),x=-1!=n.indexOf("Gecko")&&!(-1!=n.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"))&&!(-1!=n.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=n.indexOf("MSIE"))&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"),y=-1!=n.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"),z=function(){var a=b.document;return a?a.documentMode:void 0},A;a:{var B="",C=function(){var a=n;if(x)return/rv\:([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(w)return/Edge\/([\d\.]+)/.exec(a);if(v)return/\b(?:MSIE|rv)[: ]([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(y)return/WebKit\/(\S+)/.exec(a);if(u)return/(?:Version)[ \/]?(\S+)/.exec(a)}();C&&(B=C?C[1]:"");if(v){var D=z();if(null!=D&&D>parseFloat(B)){A=String(D);break a}}A=B}var E=A,r={},F=function(a){t(a,function(){for(var d=0,c=h(String(E)).split("."),e=h(String(a)).split("."),k=Math.max(c.length,e.length),l=0;0==d&&le)c=a+"&nm="+c;else var e=e+4,k=a.indexOf("&",e),c=0 0) {var c = a.href.substring(0, bi+6); var d = a.href.substring(bi+6, a.href.length);var ei = d.indexOf("&");var r = '';if (ei >= 0)r = d.substring(ei, d.length);a.href = c + t + r; } else {a.href += "&clkt=" + t;}}}(function(){var d=this;var k=String.prototype.trim?function(a){return a.trim()}:function(a){return a.replace(/^[\s\xa0]+|[\s\xa0]+$/g,"")},m=function(a,b){return ab?1:0};var n;a:{var p=d.navigator;if(p){var q=p.userAgent;if(q){n=q;break a}}n=""};var t=function(a,b){var c=r;Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(c,a)||(c[a]=b(a))};var u=-1!=n.indexOf("Opera"),v=-1!=n.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=n.indexOf("MSIE"),w=-1!=n.indexOf("Edge"),x=-1!=n.indexOf("Gecko")&&!(-1!=n.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"))&&!(-1!=n.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=n.indexOf("MSIE"))&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"),y=-1!=n.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"),z=function(){var a=d.document;return a?a.documentMode:void 0},A;a:{var B="",C=function(){var a=n;if(x)return/rv\:([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(w)return/Edge\/([\d\.]+)/.exec(a);if(v)return/\b(?:MSIE|rv)[: ]([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(y)return/WebKit\/(\S+)/.exec(a);if(u)return/(?:Version)[ \/]?(\S+)/.exec(a)}();C&&(B=C?C[1]:"");if(v){var D=z();if(null!=D&&D>parseFloat(B)){A=String(D);break a}}A=B}var E=A,r={},F=function(a){t(a,function(){for(var b=0,c=k(String(E)).split("."),e=k(String(a)).split("."),f=Math.max(c.length,e.length),l=0;0==b&&lc?e=b+f+e:(c+=f.length,f=b.indexOf("&",c),e=0b?1:0};var n;a:{var p=d.navigator;if(p){var q=p.userAgent;if(q){n=q;break a}}n=""};var t=function(a,b){var c=r;Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(c,a)||(c[a]=b(a))};var u=-1!=n.indexOf("Opera"),v=-1!=n.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=n.indexOf("MSIE"),w=-1!=n.indexOf("Edge"),x=-1!=n.indexOf("Gecko")&&!(-1!=n.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"))&&!(-1!=n.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=n.indexOf("MSIE"))&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"),y=-1!=n.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==n.indexOf("Edge"),z=function(){var a=d.document;return a?a.documentMode:void 0},A;a:{var B="",C=function(){var a=n;if(x)return/rv\:([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(w)return/Edge\/([\d\.]+)/.exec(a);if(v)return/\b(?:MSIE|rv)[: ]([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(y)return/WebKit\/(\S+)/.exec(a);if(u)return/(?:Version)[ \/]?(\S+)/.exec(a)}();C&&(B=C?C[1]:"");if(v){var D=z();if(null!=D&&D>parseFloat(B)){A=String(D);break a}}A=B}var E=A,r={},F=function(a){t(a,function(){for(var b=0,c=h(String(E)).split("."),e=h(String(a)).split("."),k=Math.max(c.length,e.length),l=0;0==b&&le)c=b+"&mb="+c;else{var e=e+4,k=b.indexOf("&",e);c=0 b?1:0};var p;a:{var r=c.navigator;if(r){var t=r.userAgent;if(t){p=t;break a}}p=""};var v=function(a,b){var d=u;Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(d,a)||(d[a]=b(a))};var w=-1!=p.indexOf("Opera"),x=-1!=p.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=p.indexOf("MSIE"),y=-1!=p.indexOf("Edge"),z=-1!=p.indexOf("Gecko")&&!(-1!=p.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==p.indexOf("Edge"))&&!(-1!=p.indexOf("Trident")||-1!=p.indexOf("MSIE"))&&-1==p.indexOf("Edge"),A=-1!=p.toLowerCase().indexOf("webkit")&&-1==p.indexOf("Edge"),B=function(){var a=c.document;return a?a.documentMode:void 0},C;a:{var D="",E=function(){var a=p;if(z)return/rv\:([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(y)return/Edge\/([\d\.]+)/.exec(a);if(x)return/\b(?:MSIE|rv)[: ]([^\);]+)(\)|:wink:/.exec(a);if(A)return/WebKit\/(\S+)/.exec(a);if(w)return/(?:Version)[ \/]?(\S+)/.exec(a)}();E&&(D=E?E[1]:"");if(x){var F=B();if(null!=F&&F>parseFloat(D)){C=String(F);break a}}C=D}var G=C,u={},H=function(a){v(a,function(){for(var b=0,d=m(String(G)).split("."),q=m(String(a)).split("."),O=Math.max(d.length,q.length),e=0;0==b&&e div,ul,li{margin:0;padding:0;}.abgcp{height:15px;padding-right: 0;padding-top: 0;padding-left: 10px;padding-bottom: 10px;right:0px;top:0px;position:absolute;width:31px;z-index:9020;}.abgc{height:15px;overflow:hidden;position:absolute;right:0px;top:0px;text-rendering:geometricPrecision;width:31px;z-index:9020;}.abgb{height:15px;width:15px;}.abgc{cursor:pointer;}.cbb{background-image: url('https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/pagead/images/x_button_blue2.svg');background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: top right;cursor:pointer;height:15px;width:15px;z-index:9020;}.abgb{position:absolute;right:16px;top:0px;}.cbb{position:absolute;right:0;top:0;}.abgc img{display:block;}.abgc svg{display:block;}.abgs{display:none;height:100%;}.abgl{text-decoration:none;}.abgi{fill-opacity:1.0;fill:#00aecd;stroke:none;}.abgbg{fill-opacity:1.0;fill:#cdcccc;stroke:none;}.abgtxt{fill:black;font-family:'Arial';font-size:100px;overflow:visible;stroke:none;}var abgp={elp:document.getElementById('abgcp'),el:document.getElementById('abgc'),ael:document.getElementById('abgs'),iel:document.getElementById('abgb'),hw:15,sw:96,hh:15,sh:15,himg:'https://tpc.googlesyndication.com'+'/pagead/images/abg/icon.png',simg:'https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/pagead/images/abg/en.png',alt:'Ads by Google',t:'Ads by',tw:34,t2:'Google',t2w:38,tbo:0,att:'adsbygoogle',ff:'',halign:'right',fe:false,iba:false,lttp:true,umd:false,uic:true,uit:false,ict:document.getElementById('cbb'),icd:{"creatives":[],"height":600,"width":300,"attribution":{"user_feedback_data":{"ad_feedback_text":"Stop seeing this ad","mute_icon_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/images/mtad/x_blue.png","pub_feedback_text":"Ad covers the page","pub_feedback_icon_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/images/mtad/x_blue.png","conversion_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/conversion/?ai=CVfWhkbnbV_ugN4rTogOTprfoAv-Y99pGy5Hd6rwDhcj17QUQASDV75seYL8FyAECqQIiXBT4dqGoPuACAKgDAcgDmQSqBP4BT9ClPghNa0-Qaipi2Gi1WH1iLeKGMjSE0ZX4IaGvVYgADi8nG2vt8h-t4fpSZCd-r3vLd2Hu1A6joiShjJ83lNVtw_KYKmuIzOOMjK5V2WB49urKTgcmz8PXLQc-9rFvP4jPvc17xYYxv_KwziwXIp23VR7qII6ufV_K-hNRIWJWh9waMQW3mDvDd_Fqx4HuUwUJAz86opkFSEn9VG6ZNeoerEeP89NXQEXjvd578az3n11nsblxWKVmShqZ_ZA4cbrDX5eTtsTpGzHbChEc-TDstgw-wgAzDtBxWn5CdaNtnMsvuBn5LsDfVPiNZpRyXi9fRgGXvqHF7kvSSZPgBAGgBgLYBgKAB6HioUOoB4HGG6gHpr4b2AcB\u0026sigh=rgPQKG2jZTI","close_button_token":"IpsRcGVPYnIIy5Hd6rwDEOKdvbcCGJGujkIiDnd3dy5tb20uZ292LnNnMggIBRMYnZYKFEIXY2EtcHViLTkyODY4NTEzNDg5MDQ1ODNICFgCcAE","interaction_conversion":{"label":"user_feedback_menu_interaction","label_instance":"","include_close_button_token":false},"mute_conversion":{"label":"user_feedback_menu_option","label_instance":"1","include_close_button_token":true},"mute_undo_conversion":{"label":"user_feedback_undo","label_instance":"1","include_close_button_token":true},"pub_feedback_conversion":{"label":"user_feedback_menu_option","label_instance":"3","include_close_button_token":true},"pub_feedback_undo_conversion":{"label":"user_feedback_undo","label_instance":"3","include_close_button_token":true},"survey_header":"What was wrong with this ad?","survey_options":[{"text":"Inappropriate","conversion":{"label":"mute_survey_option","label_instance":"8","include_close_button_token":true}},{"text":"Repetitive","conversion":{"label":"mute_survey_option","label_instance":"2","include_close_button_token":true}},{"text":"Irrelevant","conversion":{"label":"mute_survey_option","label_instance":"7","include_close_button_token":true}}],"back_icon_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/images/mtad/back_blue.png","mute_confirmation_header":"Thanks for the feedback!","mute_confirmation_text":"We’ll review this ad to improve your experience in the future.","pub_feedback_confirmation_header":"Thanks for the feedback!","pub_feedback_confirmation_text":"We’ll use your feedback to review ads on this site.","undo_text":"Undo","closing_countdown_text":"Closing ad: %1$d","attribution_text":"Ads by Google","attribution_icon_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/images/mtad/abg_blue.png","attribution_destination_url":"https://www.google.com/url?ct=abg\u0026q=https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py%3Fcontact%3Dabg_afc%26url%3Dhttp://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/japan-to-boost-south-china-sea-role-with-training-patrols-with/3131394.html%26gl%3DSG%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dca-pub-9286851348904583%26ai0%3DCVfWhkbnbV_ugN4rTogOTprfoAv-Y99pGy5Hd6rwDhcj17QUQASDV75seYL8FyAECqQIiXBT4dqGoPuACAKgDAcgDmQSqBP4BT9ClPghNa0-Qaipi2Gi1WH1iLeKGMjSE0ZX4IaGvVYgADi8nG2vt8h-t4fpSZCd-r3vLd2Hu1A6joiShjJ83lNVtw_KYKmuIzOOMjK5V2WB49urKTgcmz8PXLQc-9rFvP4jPvc17xYYxv_KwziwXIp23VR7qII6ufV_K-hNRIWJWh9waMQW3mDvDd_Fqx4HuUwUJAz86opkFSEn9VG6ZNeoerEeP89NXQEXjvd578az3n11nsblxWKVmShqZ_ZA4cbrDX5eTtsTpGzHbChEc-TDstgw-wgAzDtBxWn5CdaNtnMsvuBn5LsDfVPiNZpRyXi9fRgGXvqHF7kvSSZPgBAGgBgLYBgKAB6HioUOoB4HGG6gHpr4b2AcB\u0026usg=AFQjCNGvOg6uCoe3dPlQnErpf2kOerQKiA","ad_feedback_icon_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/images/mtad/x_blue.png","is_rtl_language":false,"feedback_options":[{"text":"Stop seeing this ad","conversion":{"label":"user_feedback_menu_option","label_instance":"1","include_close_button_token":true},"survey":{"header":"What was wrong with this ad?","options":[{"text":"Inappropriate content","conversion":{"label":"mute_survey_option","label_instance":"8","include_close_button_token":true}},{"text":"Not interested in this","conversion":{"label":"mute_survey_option","label_instance":"7","include_close_button_token":true}},{"text":"Ad blocked view","conversion":{"label":"mute_survey_option","label_instance":"3","include_close_button_token":true}},{"text":"Seen this multiple times","conversion":{"label":"mute_survey_option","label_instance":"2","include_close_button_token":true}}]},"undo_conversion":{"label":"user_feedback_undo","label_instance":"1","include_close_button_token":true}}],"mute_panel_data":{"adchoices_icon_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/images/adchoices/iconx2-000000.png","adchoices_button_text":"AdChoices","closed_message_text":"Ad closed by %1$s","enable_lightbox":true,"google_logo_url":"https://www.gstatic.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_dark_color_84x28dp.png","report_ad_button_text":"Stop seeing this ad","confirmation_text":"We'll try not to show that ad again","settings_button_first":false,"ads_by_google_icon_url":"https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/images/abg/iconx2-000000.png","ads_by_google_button_text":"Ads by Google","lightbox_header_text":"Feedback on this ad","lightbox_settings_button_text":"See my Google ad settings","lightbox_settings_icon_url":"https://www.gstatic.com/images/icons/material/system/2x/settings_grey600_24dp.png","protocol_gstatic_host":"https://www.gstatic.com"}}},"flags":[{"name":"show_feedback_survey_button","value":"true"},{"name":"enable_jake_why_this_ad","value":"true"}]},uaal:true,opi: false};buildAdSlot([[[1,0,300,600,"http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/employment-act/workright","https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/conversion/?ai=CVfWhkbnbV_ugN4rTogOTprfoAv-Y99pGy5Hd6rwDhcj17QUQASDV75seYL8FyAECqQIiXBT4dqGoPuACAKgDAcgDmQSqBP4BT9ClPghNa0-Qaipi2Gi1WH1iLeKGMjSE0ZX4IaGvVYgADi8nG2vt8h-t4fpSZCd-r3vLd2Hu1A6joiShjJ83lNVtw_KYKmuIzOOMjK5V2WB49urKTgcmz8PXLQc-9rFvP4jPvc17xYYxv_KwziwXIp23VR7qII6ufV_K-hNRIWJWh9waMQW3mDvDd_Fqx4HuUwUJAz86opkFSEn9VG6ZNeoerEeP89NXQEXjvd578az3n11nsblxWKVmShqZ_ZA4cbrDX5eTtsTpGzHbChEc-TDstgw-wgAzDtBxWn5CdaNtnMsvuBn5LsDfVPiNZpRyXi9fRgGXvqHF7kvSSZPgBAGgBgLYBgKAB6HioUOoB4HGG6gHpr4b2AcB\u0026sigh=rgPQKG2jZTI",null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,"http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/employment-act/workright"]],300,600,1,0,null,"CLutyuLHk88CFYqpaAodE9MNLQ","",[null,null,null,null,null,1,[[[null,1000,9,2,4],["10,10,10,10",null,9,2]]]],"ca-pub-9286851348904583",300,600,0,"_blank",null,null,0,"https://tpc.googlesyndication.com",null,0,0,1775753900,null,null,null,[0.9,0,10,0,[0,0,0],1000,0,"",-1,-1,300,0],null,[1,1,1,1,0],null,null,null,null,null,2,null,null,null,null,"https://www.gstatic.com"]);(function(_){var mj=function(a){this.g=a||[]};_.B(mj,_.Cc);mj.prototype.Xt=function(){return _.Dc(this,1)};mj.prototype.getDuration=function(){return _.L(this,1)};mj.prototype.bi=function(){return _.Ec(this,4,1)};mj.prototype.io=function(){return _.L(this,5)};var nj=function(a){this.g=a||[]};_.B(nj,_.Cc);var oj=function(a){this.A=a;this.ca=null;this.vl=_.ee(this.A,"data-ifc");this.Kw={};this.Di=[];this.qq=[];this.jd={};this.kq=this.tl=this.cE=null;this.ec=!!_.O.osdlamrc;for(a=0;ar.clientX||0>r.clientY||0>n||0>U)m=!1;else{if(r=_.Dc(C.Ra,0))r=pj(_.M(C.Ra,0)),r=!(n>=r.left&&U>=r.top&&m-n>=r.right&&k-U>=r.bottom);!r&&_.Dc(C.Ra,6)&&(C=pj(_.M(C.Ra,6)),C.top*=k/100,C.bottom*=k/100,C.left*=m/100,C.right*=m/100,r=!(n>=C.left&&U>=C.top&&m-n>=C.right&&k-U>=C.bottom));r&&this.ca&&this.ca.creativeConversionUrl()&&(m=this.ca.creativeConversionUrl()+"&label=blocked_border_click",_.pd(_.O,m,void 0));m=r}n=!m}n||(c=g,b=_.Ec(g.Ra,3,1),d=_.L(g.Ra,2))}else e[g.cg]=!1}if(c){switch(_.Ec(c.Ra,3,1)){case 2:_.Md(a);break;case 3:this.A.fireOnObject("common_show_15overlay",a);this.ca&&this.ca.creativeConversionUrl()&&(d=this.ca.creativeConversionUrl()+"&label=onepointfiveclick_first_click",_.pd(_.O,d,void 0));_.Md(a);break;case 4:this.A.fireOnObject("should_expand_action_button",a),_.Md(a)}_.Dc(c.Ra,7)&&++c.Wy>=_.L(c.Ra,7)&&(c.ak=!0)}!this.jd[5]||void 0!=b&&1!==b||this.Vi(5)};var qj=function(a,b){var c=b.Ra.bi(),d,e=!1;if(3===c||6===c)if(e=!0,null===a.kq||3E3=d+b.Ra.getDuration())return-1=this.Di.length){var b=a[7];if(b!==this.cE)for(var b=0==b?0:Math.floor(20*b)+1,c=(0,_.A)(),d=this.Di.length;dinit_dom_intentful_click(adSlot);(function(){var h,l=this,aa=function(a){var b=typeof a;if("object"==b)if(a){if(a instanceof Array)return"array";if(a instanceof Object)return b;var c=Object.prototype.toString.call(a);if("[object Window]"==c)return"object";if("[object Array]"==c||"number"==typeof a.length&&"undefined"!=typeof a.splice&&"undefined"!=typeof a.propertyIsEnumerable&&!a.propertyIsEnumerable("splice"))return"array";if("[object Function]"==c||"undefined"!=typeof a.call&&"undefined"!=typeof a.propertyIsEnumerable&&!a.propertyIsEnumerable("call"))return"function"}else return"null";else if("function"==b&&"undefined"==typeof a.call)return"object";return b},m=function(a){var b=aa(a);return"array"==b||"object"==b&&"number"==typeof a.length},n=function(a){return"string"==typeof a},ba=function(a,b,c){return a.call.apply(a.bind,arguments)},ca=function(a,b,c){if(!a)throw Error();if(2b?1:0};var da=Array.prototype.forEach?function(a,b,c){Array.prototype.forEach.call(a,b,c)}:function(a,b,c){for(var d=a.length,e=n(a)?a.split(""):a,f=0;fparseFloat(z)){y=String(B);break a}}y=z}var ra=y,la={},sa=function(a){ma(a,function(){for(var b=0,c=r(String(ra)).split("."),d=r(String(a)).split("."),e=Math.max(c.length,d.length),f=0;0==b&&f2*this.h&&I(this),!0):!1};var I=function(a){if(a.h!=a.i.length){for(var b=0,c=0;b=d.i.length)throw ya;var e=d.i[b++];return a?e:d.o[e]};return e};var J=function(a,b){return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(a,b)};var za=function(a){if(a.m&&"function"==typeof a.m)return a.m();if(n(a))return a.split("");if(m(a)){for(var b=[],c=a.length,d=0;db)throw Error("Bad port number "+b);a.F=b}else a.F=null},O=function(a,b,c){M(a);b instanceof Q?(a.v=b,a.v.O(a.l)):(c||(b=R(b,Fa)),a.v=new Q(b,0,a.l))},M=function(a){if(a.ba)throw Error("Tried to modify a read-only Uri");};K.prototype.O=function(a){this.l=a;this.v&&this.v.O(a);return this};var P=function(a,b){return a?b?decodeURI(a.replace(/%25/g,"%2525")):decodeURIComponent(a):""},R=function(a,b,c){return n(a)?(a=encodeURI(a).replace(b,Ga),c&&(a=a.replace(/%25([0-9a-fA-F]{2})/g,"%$1")),a):null},Ga=function(a){a=a.charCodeAt(0);return"%"+(a>>4&15).toString(16)+(a&15).toString(16)},Ba=/[#\/\?@]/g,Da=/[\#\?:]/g,Ca=/[\#\?]/g,Fa=/[\#\?@]/g,Ea=/#/g,Q=function(a,b,c){this.h=this.g=null;this.j=a||null;this.l=!!c},S=function(a){a.g||(a.g=new H,a.h=0,a.j&&xa(a.j,function(b,c){a.add(decodeURIComponent(b.replace(/\+/g," ")),c)}))};h=Q.prototype;h.add=function(a,b){S(this);this.j=null;a=T(this,a);var c=this.g.get(a);c||this.g.set(a,c=[]);c.push(b);this.h+=1;return this};h.remove=function(a){S(this);a=T(this,a);return this.g.G(a)?(this.j=null,this.h-=this.g.get(a).length,this.g.remove(a)):!1};h.clear=function(){this.g=this.j=null;this.h=0};h.G=function(a){S(this);a=T(this,a);return this.g.G(a)};h.w=function(){S(this);for(var a=this.g.m(),b=this.g.w(),c=[],d=0;dg?c=a+f+c:(g+=f.length,f=a.indexOf("&",g),c=0b?1:0};var ia=function(a,b,c){if("array"==ba(b))for(var d=0;dc?Math.max(0,a.length+c):c;if(m(a))return m(b)&&1==b.length?a.indexOf(b,c):-1;for(;cb?null:m(a)?a.charAt(b):a]||""}var b=u;if(wa())return xa(b);var b=va(b),c={};ma(b,function(a){c[a[0]]=a[1]});var d=ca(pa,c);return v("Opera")?a(["Version","Opera"]):v("Edge")?a(["Edge"]):w()?a(["Chrome","CriOS"]):(b=b[2])&&b[1]||""},xa=function(a){var b=/rv: *([\d\.]*)/.exec(a);if(b&&b[1])return b[1];var b="",c=/MSIE +([\d\.]+)/.exec(a);if(c&&c[1])if(a=/Trident\/(\d.\d)/.exec(a),"7.0"==c[1])if(a&&a[1])switch(a[1]){case "4.0":b="8.0";break;case "5.0":b="9.0";break;case "6.0":b="10.0";break;case "7.0":b="11.0"}else b="7.0";else b=c[1];return b};var za=function(a){za[" "](a);return a};za[" "]=aa;var Ba=function(a,b){var c=Aa;return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(c,a)?c[a]:c[a]=b(a)};var Ca=function(a,b){for(var c in a)Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(a,c)&&b.call(void 0,a[c],c,a)},Ea=function(){var a=Da;if(!a)return"";var b=/.*[&#?]google_debug(=[^&]*)?(&.*)?$/;try{var c=b.exec(decodeURIComponent(a));if(c)return c[1]&&1e)return"";a.c.sort(function(a,b){return a-b});d=null;c="";for(var f=0;f=n.length){e-=n.length;b+=n;c=a.g;break}else a.l&&(c=e,n[c-1]==a.g&&--c,b+=n.substr(0,c),c=a.g,e=0);d=null==d?g:d}}f="";a.h&&null!=d&&(f=c+a.h+"="+(a.P||d));return b+f+""},Ka=function(a){if(!a.h)return a.o;var b=1,c;for(c in a.f)b=c.length>b?c.length:b;return a.o-a.h.length-b-a.g.length-1},La=function(a,b,c,d,e){var f=[];Ca(a,function(a,h){var g=Na(a,b,c,d,e);g&&f.push(h+"="+g)});return f.join(b)},Na=function(a,b,c,d,e){if(null==a)return"";b=b||"&";c=c||",$";"string"==typeof c&&(c=c.split(""));if(a instanceof Array){if(d=d||0,de?encodeURIComponent(La(a,b,c,d,e+1)):"...";return encodeURIComponent(String(a))};var Oa=function(a,b,c,d,e){if((d?a.O:Math.random())parseFloat(ab)){$a=String(cb);break a}}$a=ab}var db=$a,Aa={},D=function(a){return Ba(a,function(){return 0=b)){var d=0,e=function(){a();d++;db:wink:{try{if(c.google_osd_static_frame)return c}catch(e){}try{if(c.aswift_0&&(!a||c.aswift_0.google_osd_static_frame))return c.aswift_0}catch(e){}b++;c=c!=c.parent?c.parent:null}return null},vb=function(a,b,c,d,e,f,g){f=g||aa;if(10=e)){var f=Number(c[d].substr(0,e)),e=c[d].substr(e+1);switch(f){case 5:case 8:case 11:case 15:case 16:case 18:e="true"==e;break;case 4:case 7:case 6:case 14:case 20:case 21:case 22:case 23:case 24:case 25:e=Number(e);break;case 3:case 19:if("function"==ba(decodeURIComponent))try{e=decodeURIComponent(e)}catch(h){throw Error("Error: URI malformed: "+e);}break;case 17:e=na(decodeURIComponent(e).split(","),Number)}b[f]=e}}b=b[0]?b:null}else b=null;if(b&&(c=new M(b[4],b[12]),N&&N.match(c))){for(c=0;cW&&!T&&2==Y&&pc(t,"osd2","hs="+W)},rc=function(){var a={};qb(N,a);a[0]="goog_dom_content_loaded";var b=sb(a);try{pb(function(){wb(b)},10,"osd_listener::ldcl_int")}catch(c){}},sc=function(){var a={};qb(N,a);a[0]="goog_creative_loaded";var b=sb(a);pb(function(){wb(b)},10,"osd_listener::lcel_int");dc=!0},tc=function(a){if(m(a)){a=a.split("&");for(var b=a.length-1;0osdlfm(-1,'','B0--NkbnbV_ugN4rTogOTprfoAgDLkd3qvAMAABABOAHIAQLgAgDIA5kE4AQBoAYC','',1775753900,true,'ud\x3d1\x26la\x3d0\x26',3,'CAASFeRogIk2JgxT0MqejRwOkzZR9vYjAw','//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/activeview?avi\x3dB0--NkbnbV_ugN4rTogOTprfoAgDLkd3qvAMAABABOAHIAQLgAgDIA5kE4AQBoAYC\x26cid\x3dCAASFeRogIk2JgxT0MqejRwOkzZR9vYjAw');if (window.top && window.top.postMessage) {window.top.postMessage('{"googMsgType":"adpnt"}','*');}var ad = buildImageAd(adSlot, 0);adSlot.addAd(ad);adSlot.finalize('google_image_div');(function(_){var hm=function(){this.Wi=[];this.Rq={}};hm.prototype.report=function(){for(var a=[],b=0;bregisterAd(ad, 'aw0'); {"uid":1,"hostPeerName":"http://www.channelnewsasia.com","initialGeometry":"{"windowCoords_t":0,"windowCoords_r":360,"windowCoords_b":615,"windowCoords_l":0,"frameCoords_t":2036,"frameCoords_r":330,"frameCoords_b":2636,"frameCoords_l":30,"styleZIndex":"auto","allowedExpansion_t":0,"allowedExpansion_r":0,"allowedExpansion_b":0,"allowedExpansion_l":0,"xInView":0,"yInView":0}","permissions":"{"expandByOverlay":false,"expandByPush":false,"readCookie":false,"writeCookie":false}","metadata":"{"shared":{"sf_ver":"1-0-4","ck_on":1,"flash_ver":"0"}}","reportCreativeGeometry":false,"isDifferentSourceWindow":false}" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="300" height="600" data-is-safeframe="true" style="font-size: 16px; box-sizing: inherit; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">YOU MAY ALSO LIKE*Middle-School Student Brings World's Hottest Pepper for…NewserUBS: The Trump effect on gold priceswww.ubs.comGold Plated super car spotted in Singapore belongs to a…24BusinessNewsNurse shares simple trick to stay energised all dayBRAND'S SingaporeRecommended by

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you believe in round earth circling the sun
convinced that the mainstream and NASA concept is the tuth , the whole tooth and nothing but the tuth.

these guys also give you the the big bang theory and black hole stuff.
so we should be equally convinced that black holes really do exist ,
even though they can be seen.

Yes black holes exist and people like you come out from one.

http://youtu.be/y1XoJyWABkI