• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The stationary flat Earth

Do you think the Earth is flat and stationary?

• I'm not sure...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flat Earth | 21 Questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0xClWgidZU

Flat Earth and Proving Gravity Does Not Exist Documentary You Decide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xDL1j2-3qA

Science of the Flat Earth Documentary You Decide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZnfXxKrFnc
Many thanks for bumping up my thread! :o

attachment.php

[video=youtube;m-p21QyTVn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-p21QyTVn4[/video]

Attachments

• 14141559_548929975306741_7005963710422559532_n.jpg
    14141559_548929975306741_7005963710422559532_n.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 13404041_512286462304426_7746877635197942585_o.jpg
    13404041_512286462304426_7746877635197942585_o.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
in the spherical earth model the earth and the moon together are revolving round the sun ,at the same time
the moon is also revolving round he earth.
If this is true , then at certain position of the moon relative to the earth , the moon has the ability to move both forward and backward at the same time.
Like the situation where a person walks backward on a moving escalator. Problem is the moon is not on an
escalator.

people had circumnavigated the globe in east - west or the west - east direction.
but no one, absolutely no one has circumnavigated in the north - south direction.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
round ball earth believers explained the seasons by postulating that there is a tilt of the Earth's rotational axis , about 23 degrees.
heat from the sun travels over 90 million miles to get here, and some how just a couple more thousand miles (due to the earth's tilt)
can cause summer and winter

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]Policeman admits taking $35,000 from suspect[/h]

A police officer has admitted receiving $35,000 in bribes to help a man avoid being charged with taking upskirt videos.

Staff Sergeant Woo Poh Liang, 29, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to two corruption charges as well as six unrelated charges of buying illegal 4-D lottery tickets, placing bets with a bookmaker on the 2014 World Cup and acting as a runner for a bookmaker.

Woo was an investigation officer at Clementi Police Division when he took bribes from Filipino Angelo Salvador Beltran, 45, in 2014.

He has been suspended from service since January last year.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Norman Yew said that on Sept 10, 2014, Woo took a statement from Beltran who had been caught taking an upskirt video at Jurong East MRT station on May 22.

Although a large number of upskirt videos were found on Beltran's devices, Woo suggested writing in Beltran's statement that he had taken just five of them.

Beltran went with the number as he understood that Woo was trying to do something favourable for him.

Six days later, Beltran handed a psychiatric report to Woo, who told him that his case was very serious.

Woo asked Beltran if they could trust each other, and Beltran said "yes". He then told Beltran that his father was sick with cancer, and asked him for $100,000.

When Beltran said he had only $35,000, Woo asked for all the money that he had and Beltran said he would withdraw it the next day.

Woo then asked for $25,000 to be given to him the next day, in $1,000 bills. Beltran agreed as he knew that, in return, Woo would help him to avoid being charged.

On Sept 17, Beltran withdrew $25,000 and $10,000 from two bank accounts. Beltran handed the $25,000 in an envelope to Woo at a taxi stand, along with a letter requesting the return of his passport.

Later that day, Beltran texted Woo to say that he was required to travel to the United States for training the following week. Woo told him to bring a letter from his company to the police station.

When Beltran arrived, Woo told him that he could not get his passport back.

He took Beltran to an interview room and asked him how much money he had. When Beltran said he had only $10,000 left, Woo asked for the sum as well. Beltran then handed it over and Woo told him he had a "90 to 95 per cent chance of getting a warning".

But the Attorney-General's Chambers did not accept a recommendation that Beltran be given a stern warning. Woo told Beltran the next day that he would be charged, but that he would help him to get a lighter sentence.

On Sept 25 the same year, acting on his lawyer's advice, Beltran complained to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau about Woo's conduct. Woo's lawyer Nakoorsha A.K. will give his mitigation plea on Oct 11. The maximum punishment for corruption is a $100,000 fine and five years' jail on each charge.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]Small tsunami after 7.1-magnitude quake jolts New Zealand[/h]

WELLINGTON: The east coast of New Zealand was hit by a powerful 7.1-magnitude earthquake before dawn on Friday (Sep 2), generating a small tsunami, but officials said there was no significant damage or injuries.

A swarm of aftershocks, several of nearly 6.0-magnitude, rocked the region for many hours after the initial jolt as coastal residents made their way to high ground by torchlight.

But less than three hours later they were advised they could return home after a 30-centimetre tsunami was detected.

"The greatest wave height has already occurred, further waves are anticipated to be up to 20 centimetres," the Civil Defence organisation, which is responsible for national emergency management, said.

"Areas under 'marine and beach threat' can expect unusually strong currents and unpredictable water flows near the shore. This means a threat to beach, harbour, estuary and small boat activities."

However, despite the power of the temblor, East Coast Civil Defence information officer Sheridan Gundry told Radio New Zealand the impact was minimal.

"We haven't heard any reports of injuries or damage at all," she said. "There was power out in a few places but we've been let off pretty lightly as far as damage goes."

The tsunami warning covered the East Coast of the North Island and the upper South Island.

The shallow tremor, off the coast of New Zealand, was estimated at a depth of around 30 kilometres, according to the US Geological Survey.

It struck at 4.37am (12.37am Singapore time) and was centred 167 kilometres from the nearest main town, Gisborne, which has a population of around 45,000.

In New Zealand, where earthquakes are common, Civil Defence regularly holds practice drills for coastal residents so they know how to react in an emergency.

Pat Seymour, a local council politician in the Gisborne area, told the New Zealand Herald the earthquake was "quite vigorous". "It was enough to make me stand in the doorway," she said, recalling what she had been taught.

In Te Araroa, nearly the entire population of 600 left their homes for higher ground according to local Iain Fraser.

"It was pretty severe shaking for a couple of minutes. Then a couple of very light tremors after that," he said. "I'm actually 1,000 metres from the ocean but I'm up off sea level. I'm looking like the only one left in town at the moment."

In nearby Tokomaru Bay, Marlene Kipa heard the civil defence warning sirens and her mind went to other disasters. "That did cross my mind - the Christchurch earthquake - I wondered how they feel."

In February 2011, a 6.3 earthquake left 185 people dead in the South Island city of Christhurch.

New Zealand is on the boundary of the Australian and Pacific tectonic plates, which form part of the so-called "Ring of Fire", and experiences up to 15,000 tremors a year.

- AFP/de

Wangfeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting story, bro.
Keep it up :biggrin:

[h=1]Small tsunami after 7.1-magnitude quake jolts New Zealand[/h]

WELLINGTON: The east coast of New Zealand was hit by a powerful 7.1-magnitude earthquake before dawn on Friday (Sep 2), generating a small tsunami, but officials said there was no significant damage or injuries.

A swarm of aftershocks, several of nearly 6.0-magnitude, rocked the region for many hours after the initial jolt as coastal residents made their way to high ground by torchlight.

But less than three hours later they were advised they could return home after a 30-centimetre tsunami was detected.

"The greatest wave height has already occurred, further waves are anticipated to be up to 20 centimetres," the Civil Defence organisation, which is responsible for national emergency management, said.

"Areas under 'marine and beach threat' can expect unusually strong currents and unpredictable water flows near the shore. This means a threat to beach, harbour, estuary and small boat activities."

However, despite the power of the temblor, East Coast Civil Defence information officer Sheridan Gundry told Radio New Zealand the impact was minimal.

"We haven't heard any reports of injuries or damage at all," she said. "There was power out in a few places but we've been let off pretty lightly as far as damage goes."

The tsunami warning covered the East Coast of the North Island and the upper South Island.

The shallow tremor, off the coast of New Zealand, was estimated at a depth of around 30 kilometres, according to the US Geological Survey.

It struck at 4.37am (12.37am Singapore time) and was centred 167 kilometres from the nearest main town, Gisborne, which has a population of around 45,000.

In New Zealand, where earthquakes are common, Civil Defence regularly holds practice drills for coastal residents so they know how to react in an emergency.

Pat Seymour, a local council politician in the Gisborne area, told the New Zealand Herald the earthquake was "quite vigorous". "It was enough to make me stand in the doorway," she said, recalling what she had been taught.

In Te Araroa, nearly the entire population of 600 left their homes for higher ground according to local Iain Fraser.

"It was pretty severe shaking for a couple of minutes. Then a couple of very light tremors after that," he said. "I'm actually 1,000 metres from the ocean but I'm up off sea level. I'm looking like the only one left in town at the moment."

In nearby Tokomaru Bay, Marlene Kipa heard the civil defence warning sirens and her mind went to other disasters. "That did cross my mind - the Christchurch earthquake - I wondered how they feel."

In February 2011, a 6.3 earthquake left 185 people dead in the South Island city of Christhurch.

New Zealand is on the boundary of the Australian and Pacific tectonic plates, which form part of the so-called "Ring of Fire", and experiences up to 15,000 tremors a year.

- AFP/de

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ToCDocOverviewCGDocRelNotesIndexPermutedIndexAllegro CL******ANSI Common Lisp***12 Numbers***12.1 Number Concepts***12.1.5 Complex Computations12.1.5.4 Principal Values and Branch CutsMany of the irrational and transcendental functions are multiply defined in the complex domain; for example, there are in general an infinite number of complex values for the logarithm function. In each such case, aprincipal*value*must be chosen for the function to return. In general, such values cannot be chosen so as to make the range continuous; lines in the domain called branch cuts must be defined, which in turn define the discontinuities in the range.*Common Lisp*defines the branch cuts,*principal*values, and boundary conditions for the complex functions following "Principal Values and Branch Cuts in Complex APL." The branch cut rules that apply to each function are located with the description of that function.

The next figure*lists the identities that are obeyed throughout the applicable portion of the complex domain, even on the branch cuts:

Trigonometric Identities for Complex Domainsin i z = i sinh zsinh i z = i sin zarctan i z = i arctanh zcos i z = cosh zcosh i z = cos zarcsinh i z = i arcsin ztan i z = i tanh zarcsin i z = i arcsinh zarctanh i z = i arctan z

The quadrant numbers referred to in the discussions of branch cuts are as illustrated in the next figure.

Positive
Imaginary Axis:II:*INegative Real Axis························Positive Real AxisIII:*IV:Negative
Imaginary AxisQuadrant Numbering for Branch Cuts*****© Franz Inc. 1998-2015*- File last updated 03-23-2015

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Best Protein Powder For Gaining Muscle??*

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you had to pick just ONE protein powder for gaining muscle, what would be the best one for the best results?*

Please pick product and include the brand. Give your reasons. The best answers will be displayed on the main*Bodybuilding.com*site for millions of people to see!

(Note: This is not a discussion about how or when to take protein, if protein works, or why some protein powders do not work. Just list your absolute favorite protein powder and give your detailed reason.)

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
in the spherical earth model the earth and the moon together are revolving round the sun ,at the same time
the moon is also revolving round he earth.
If this is true , then at certain position of the moon relative to the earth , the moon has the ability to move both forward and backward at the same time.
Like the situation where a person walks backward on a moving escalator. Problem is the moon is not on an
escalator.

people had circumnavigated the globe in east - west or the west - east direction.
but no one, absolutely no one has circumnavigated in the north - south direction.

The moon IS on an escalator. You forgot about the sun's gravitational pull on the moon.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moon IS on an escalator. You forgot about the sun's gravitational pull on the moon.

so some how the gravitational force of the sun can vary automatically to keep the moon on its course around the sun ?

when the earth is between the sun and moon , the sun gravitational force can still act on the moon or is it now the earth G force doing the job ?

Last edited:

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
and the earth gravitational force makes the atmosphere 'stick' to the earth surface and rotates together. and this strange force some how manages to act on
thin air and at the same time changes its strength to allow birds and planes to fly in the sky

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely, just like what I've posted before:
Flag of the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Maritime_Organization

[video=youtube;qcgxBTrmIhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcgxBTrmIhU[/video]

[video=youtube;xqnKmoZEuUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqnKmoZEuUw[/video]

[video=youtube;GFv-1C4pMn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFv-1C4pMn4[/video]

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
and the earth gravitational force makes the atmosphere 'stick' to the earth surface and rotates together. and this strange force some how manages to act on
thin air and at the same time changes its strength to allow birds and planes to fly in the sky

you have serious misunderstanding of gravity. afraid i won't be the one enlightening you. good luck in your quest for knowledge. stay away from the dark side.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have serious misunderstanding of gravity. afraid i won't be the one enlightening you. good luck in your quest for knowledge. stay away from the dark side.

I don't need you to explain gravity to me. Can find tons of information from google.
here is just one : Gravity is the force that attracts two bodies toward each other, the force that causes apples to fall toward the ground and the planets to orbit the sun. The more massive an object is, the stronger its gravitational pull.
It is what causes objects to have weight. When you weigh yourself, the scale tells you how much gravity is acting on your body. The formula for determining weight is: weight equals mass times gravity. On Earth, gravity is a constant 9.8 meters per second squared, or 9.8 m/s2.

here are more : Isaac Newton and his law of gravitation that any two objects in the Universe exert a force of attraction on each other. This relationship is based on the mass of the two objects and the distance between them. The greater the mass of the two objects and the shorter the distance between them, the stronger the pull of the gravitational forces they exert on each other.

besides gravity , your spinning earth also experience centrifugal force and centripetal force.

some how in a mysterious way , all these forces work perfectly well together to
keep the earth rotating and spinning.
even it is spinning at 1,675 km/hour the sea water still "stick' to the earth and not
flying off. But a washing machine drum spinning at much slow speed is able to
force the water out of the wet clothes.

Don't just gloss over it with an absurd answer when you are unable to
provide a logical rebuttal . :p

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

GRAVITY is from GRAVE.
Gravity is Simply the Force of Grave

「Gravity」就是從「Grave」(墳墓)的字根衍伸而來。

簡單說:「Gravity」按肇其字義就是「Force of Grave」(墳墓耒)。