• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The simple, idle pleasures of life in Oz

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Today, while driving home from work with my windows down, a whiff of fresh pine suddenly filled my senses.

Looking around, I saw the tall, magnificent pine trees that I have always taken for granted and drove past without a second look and decided to stop my car on the side of the street and take a stroll.

As I treaded myself carefully amongst the heap of pine needles, I noticed that in every step i took, not only did I smell pine, but a multitude of fragrances that seemed to emanate from the ground itself. The rich earth, the moist moss, the fungi, the Geranium bush nearby, the wild lavender and of course, the pine.

I thought of how my wife used to love putting those air fresheners in the car back in Singapore in a feeble attempt to deaden the lingering cigarette stench in the car and how poorly those fragrances imitated to what I was now enjoying for free. So natural, so rich...so wonderful.

A voice called out, "Whatcha doin, laddie?". I turned around and saw this elderly gentleman, who introduced himself as the grounds keeper from the institute nearby. "The smell of the air, it's just...glorious, I've never experienced this before, it's simply wonderful." I spoke in a quiet tone.

We had a short conversation, some idle banter, some introductions; he was from Liverpool, lived in South Africa for a time and moved here 20 years ago, I told him I was from Singapore and he gushed about how modern, how efficient and how friendly the place that I once called home was. I smiled, returned a complement about the UK and spent the rest of the time talking about what made us leave the place we called home to come to Perth.

Seeing that sunlight was fading fast, I said my goodbyes, but not before we shook hands and he cut some Geraniums for me to bring home for my wife; his hands were grubby and stained with the soil that he toiled on, mine were large but embarrassingly clean, but still a firm handshake we shared before we started walking our own way.

The simple, idle pleasures of life in Oz, best shared with people who have learned to appreciate it.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The simple, idle pleasures of life in Oz, best shared with people who have learned to appreciate it.

You don't have to quit to go to OZ for that ....we have all these in wonderful, beautiful and sunny Singapore...if only you know where...

Singapore is beautiful and it smells good too....Cheers!

n1etzche

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't have to quit to go to OZ for that ....we have all these in wonderful, beautiful and sunny Singapore...if only you know where...

Singapore is beautiful and it smells good too....Cheers!

is it far up lky's ass? too bad, most people in the forum would loathe it

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It wouldn't surprise me, when so many dogs blow sunshine up his ass everyday!

no surprise for down udders to adopt low down blows when they can't accept what is so simple and so obvious...

the air is fresh everywhere...the sunshine is the same everywhere...and for the pines, nothing beats the primes in wonderful and beautiful singapore...where else but in singapore you get the best of everything...

and no need to mention we have one of world's best statesman....haha

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Australia is such a lovely country. When I got my car it comes with a sunroof. My first reaction was, why would i need a sunroof? Non of the cars in Singapore has one. Little did I realised after one week the sunroof was the best feature of the car. I'll drive down to the countryside/beach with the sunroof up and enjoy the glorious sights/sun along the way. What an incredible country we live in.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
simply incredible...

you can do all these without quitting to down under ...

simply ridiculous..

there're so much nice, simple and pleasant moments right here in beautiful and peaceful singapore...you guys must muddled...

singapore is the best!!!

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, nothing can quite beat Singapore weather.

NNB! I've been staying here in Singapore for so many years, this year 2010 is damned freaking hot!!! Especially the last few months!!! Last night was like an oven!!! Even early morning 5 am is damned swealtering hot!!! Hot,sticky and humind!!! Made me damned mad and sian to go to work!!! Can't perform with this killing heat! Feel like strangling the weather!!!

Do you feel the same way ? Why is Singapore suddenly so bloody damned hot!!! My friends who came back from overseas told me Singapore is now like an oven!!! Everyone kena cooked and smoked - to death soon.

True or not?

Not to mention the culture of complaining.

Went to RWS with another tourist friend.KNN kena another $100 slap!!! My friend asked me why!! I say NNB!

Is time we scrape this ridiculous $100 levy on Singaporeans!!! So far I've paid $300 levy bring my tourist friends there!!! Can I have a refund? Afterall, I'm bringing business for RWS!!!

Don't you think it's high time RWS scrape this insane $100 levy for Singaporeans!!! NNB!!!

Totally agree that Singapore is such as wonderful country, having so much compassion to bear with mentally unsound cases such as these.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, while driving home from work with my windows down, a whiff of fresh pine suddenly filled my senses.

Looking around, I saw the tall, magnificent pine trees that I have always taken for granted and drove past without a second look and decided to stop my car on the side of the street and take a stroll.

As I treaded myself carefully amongst the heap of pine needles, I noticed that in every step i took, not only did I smell pine, but a multitude of fragrances that seemed to emanate from the ground itself. The rich earth, the moist moss, the fungi, the Geranium bush nearby, the wild lavender and of course, the pine.

I thought of how my wife used to love putting those air fresheners in the car back in Singapore in a feeble attempt to deaden the lingering cigarette stench in the car and how poorly those fragrances imitated to what I was now enjoying for free. So natural, so rich...so wonderful.

A voice called out, "Whatcha doin, laddie?". I turned around and saw this elderly gentleman, who introduced himself as the grounds keeper from the institute nearby. "The smell of the air, it's just...glorious, I've never experienced this before, it's simply wonderful." I spoke in a quiet tone.

We had a short conversation, some idle banter, some introductions; he was from Liverpool, lived in South Africa for a time and moved here 20 years ago, I told him I was from Singapore and he gushed about how modern, how efficient and how friendly the place that I once called home was. I smiled, returned a complement about the UK and spent the rest of the time talking about what made us leave the place we called home to come to Perth.

Seeing that sunlight was fading fast, I said my goodbyes, but not before we shook hands and he cut some Geraniums for me to bring home for my wife; his hands were grubby and stained with the soil that he toiled on, mine were large but embarrassingly clean, but still a firm handshake we shared before we started walking our own way.

Dude, were you like tortured by the government or something? What Malaysians or Europeans cant do that too?

I do that like every single day over here in the mountains or whatever and we get to do it in cars or whatever that cost 1/3 of the price you yongos pay over there. And this gets your rocks off?

And you call that a simple pleasure? Come man, get with the program.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, were you like tortured by the government or something? What Malaysians or Europeans cant do that too?

I do that like every single day over here in the mountains or whatever and we get to do it in cars or whatever that cost 1/3 of the price you yongos pay over there. And this gets your rocks off?

And you call that a simple pleasure? Come man, get with the program.

Don't worry, unlike us rich guys where cost is the least of our worries, we all know that you are a beggar who is so concerned with $9 sandwiches, $1 and $2. You don't have to try too hard to prove it. :biggrin:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, unlike us rich guys where cost is the least of our worries, we all know that you are a beggar who is so concerned with $9 sandwiches, $1 and $2. You don't have to try too hard to prove it. :biggrin:

Jealous, huh?

Our costs are going down while yours are going up and up and up

Oh what a great pleasure to be here and not in shitty Australia!

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jealous, huh?

Well, not really jealous but bored rather. Really bored that I'm earning a comfortable 6 figure income and doing so well in life and need not have to worry or complain like some losers here about $9 sandwiches and costs going up. Yeah. Really boring!!!! :(:(:(:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jealous, huh?

this is one of those singaporeans that i would punch them in the face if i see them on the street.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, not really jealous but bored rather. Really bored that I'm earning a comfortable 6 figure income and doing so well in life and need not have to worry or complain like some losers here about $9 sandwiches and costs going up. Yeah. Really boring!!!! :(:(:(:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yah loh, I also bored with my Mini cooper S liao, thinking of changing to an Evo now. Drive around 160km/hr the other day. Also bored with the landed property I have, everyday see grass grow have to mow the lawn, too lazy to do that. As for work, nowadays go to work surf internet find mei mei online to talk. Boring loh, there is so much girls you can flirt with at work. Oei some of the $9 sandwiches nice leh, better tasting then the 1s in Singapore. At least I can afford to eat them and enjoy it. :wink:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is one of those singaporeans that i would punch them in the face if i see them on the street.

There is no need to punch this kind of losers, in fact you should feel sorry for them. They worry about costs when in Singapore and when they migrate, instead of doing well and enjoying life, they are also so worried about costs. I mean, is cost really a problem for a PAP ministar for instance? Likewise, it doesn't matter where you are in US, Oz, Canada NZ or whereever. If you are earning like in the top 5% bracket, will you really worry about costs? People like us are doing really well and are very happy with where we are and what we are doing and we've just got to thank this lucky country for giving us this oppurtunity so it doesn't matter what shit this cockroach and his humpteen nicks can shit out. And then again, how do you know that this cockroach is not a PAP hired mole? People who are so worried about costs are in fact pathetic beggars who are better of staying where they are. Migration is just not for them. :wink:

Last edited:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah loh, I also bored with my Mini cooper S liao, thinking of changing to an Evo now. Drive around 160km/hr the other day. Also bored with the landed property I have, everyday see grass grow have to mow the lawn, too lazy to do that. As for work, nowadays go to work surf internet find mei mei online to talk. Boring loh, there is so much girls you can flirt with at work. Oei some of the $9 sandwiches nice leh, better tasting then the 1s in Singapore. At least I can afford to eat them and enjoy it. :wink:

Hee..He..Heeee. Yes. Same here bro. Sorry for entertaining this cockroach. Its just that it was a little boring without the nonsense of this cockroach and his humpteen nicks for a while so I just having a bit of fun. But then again, don't worry, I won't go overboard. Let's not entertain him too much shall we? :biggrin:

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I told him I was from Singapore and he gushed about how modern, how efficient and how friendly the place that I once called home was.

Yes. It is sad some people don't appreciate it :rolleyes: Life would have been very different if you were not born in Sg but some third world shithole. But you were lucky enough to be born into Sg, one of the richest, most advanced country in the world. You speak English today, you are where you are today, all because of that. Life is not perfect in any country, but give thanks to your roots, because by any measures, you were lucky.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
....But you were lucky enough to be born into Sg, one of the richest, most advanced country in the world. You speak English today, you are where you are today, all because of that. Life is not perfect in any country, but give thanks to your roots, because by any measures, you were lucky.

I totally agree with you. Those who quit and spit at their roots are shameless ingrates...and Australians who admired your previous home are simply laughing at you stoopid immigrants who had abandoned a wonderful paradise and chose to live as a second and third class citizen in a country known for its racial discrimination...say what you want, asians are asians...brown is brown...no matter how polished your english and how well you have assimilated yourself into the white society, you're still an alien...a pariah.

cheers to the wonderful scent in singapore!!!what bloody whiff of the pines!!! dung man!!!

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, nothing can quite beat Singapore weather.

Not to mention the culture of complaining.

Totally agree that Singapore is such as wonderful country, having so much compassion to bear with mentally unsound cases such as these.

Nothing is more wonderful than having my daughter walking at night feeling safe in singapore. At least we do not have problems with ppl beating up indians...perhaps in your culture beating someone up is aceptable..haha...

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree with you. Those who quit and spit at their roots are shameless ingrates...and Australians who admired your previous home are simply laughing at you stoopid immigrants who had abandoned a wonderful paradise and chose to live as a second and third class citizen in a country known for its racial discrimination...say what you want, asians are asians...brown is brown...no matter how polished your english and how well you have assimilated yourself into the white society, you're still an alien...a pariah.

cheers to the wonderful scent in singapore!!!what bloody whiff of the pines!!! dung man!!!

I also agreed with both of you, SG may not be the best, but we are so much better than ppl elsewhere...just look at the mess in Europe, USA, Thailand, Philippines, Austrialia still has racist problem. Without natural resources, they are nothing...now they are at the mercy of China..without China buying from them, they will be the next Greek or Spain...that is why when China screw them in their ass, their PM is so helpless....so what if he can speak Chinese...haha...