• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The RETIREMENT thread

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN retirement topic can be found all over the internet but strangely there is not much mentioning of per capita retirement amount required vs retirement amount with dependent KNN therefore till today most people are confused or unsure of the min actual required amount KNN

Leongsam

Administrator
Admin
Loyal
KNN retirement topic can be found all over the internet but strangely there is not much mentioning of per capita retirement amount required vs retirement amount with dependent KNN therefore till today most people are confused or unsure of the min actual required amount KNN
Minimum amount is $2 million.

An ideal amount is $5 million.

Leongsam

Administrator
Admin
Loyal
KNN if per capita min $2 mil then no working class can retire in sg KNN
The figure I have provided applies to Singapore, Australia, NZ, Canada, USA etc. If you move to a 3rd world country your money will go much further. If you want to live in Monaco then you might need a bit more.

Ultimately how much you need depends upon the lifestyle you are used to. You can easily work things out based upon a 4% yield. Just work the figure backwards.

EG if you need $100,000 per year then your assets need to yield that amount based upon the 4% guideline.

Every $1 million gives you $40,000 yield per year so for $100,000 you'll need $2.5 million in assets yielding 4%,

When you approach your late 60s you can then consider spending a portion of your principal if you want to live life to the fullest.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dummies only start tolearn how to make money whe they want to retire. Its too late by the friend. You were dumb enough to think working alone is good enough. Warren Buffett — 'If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.'

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ultimately how much you need depends upon the lifestyle you are used to. You can easily work things out based upon a 4% yield. Just work the figure backwards.
KNN Thanks for your opinion KNN since my uncle lead a very humble life he shall take your guide and divide 2 and take $1mil as a baseline KNN another 1 yr my uncle can retire before turning 55 KNN

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The figure I have provided applies to Singapore, Australia, NZ, Canada, USA etc. If you move to a 3rd world country your money will go much further. If you want to live in Monaco then you might need a bit more.

EG if you need $100,000 per year then your assets need to yield that amount based upon the 4% guideline.

Every $1 million gives you $40,000 yield per year so for $100,000 you'll need $2.5 million in assets yielding 4%,

When you approach your late 60s you can then consider spending a portion of your principal if you want to live life to the fullest.

I know this is stupid. But anyone read Tony Robbins money, master the game?
I'm in my 40s now planning to build my retirement fund after a divorce, lost of house and business collapse.
I'm planning to park in US indices and STI and maybe gold.
But I think I miss up on the big run. Should I go in for short term optimiSm?
I've parked some in sgs.

Leongsam

Administrator
Admin
Loyal
I know this is stupid. But anyone read Tony Robbins money, master the game?
I'm in my 40s now planning to build my retirement fund after a divorce, lost of house and business collapse.
I'm planning to park in US indices and STI and maybe gold.
But I think I miss up on the big run. Should I go in for short term optimiSm?
I've parked some in sgs.
Have not read that one. I'll give it a go.