• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Reilience Budget DECEPTION. Another classic PAP Hogwash.

loeggusder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Dan

Due to the offsetting nature of GST transactions there is no multiplier effect for GST. Historically as an economy shrinks so does GST collection. Singapore has no reason not to follow that economic rule.

The declining oil prices and slowing economy would remove inflationary pressure Singapore. The risk here is less of inflation then of a full blown depression. In fact a little inflationary policy is what is needed at the moment.

Locke

GST multiplier effect is always negative, especially when incomes dont rise to keep up with the GST.

This Budget is a bit difficult to understand. Is it more custodial than executive. Is it more about Government losing money than spending it?

Can someone please explain the individual components to me, please?

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
government should give every unemployed singapore citizen $36,000, that should solve all unemployment problem. No need build infrastructures and all that, which cannot feed the hungry unemployed. Only cost the gahmen less than 3billion!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should give every unemployed singapore citizen $36,000 ....solve all unemployment problem. No need build infrastructures...
cannot feed ...unemployed. Only cost ...3billion!

Good point.

I had a good laugh when Chua Mui Hoong wrote that it "scores on superlatives "-even before a single cent has been given out (so called in principle approval only).
ST highlight 4 areas
-Saving jobs
-Helping Families
-Helping companies
-Investing in the future

It struck me that the most important area has been left out-
Creating jobs for SINGAPOREANS

All these measures pale in comparison with what Malaysia is doing when it announced "Malaysia to freeze intake of foreigners"

Does our (highest paid in the world) scholar/military/civil service elite dare to do that?

l

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Dan

No need to seeing as you are the one making sweeping claims based on half baked economic truths and unsubstantiated statements. I am all for discussing about the budget and on certain issues I do have my questions but that is a far cry from someone claiming that the world is still flat.

Prices will fall and will continue to fall, the basis for inflationary pressure has gone out of the window and the greater problem is now a depression. In my view a healthy inflationary spiral would do us a lot of good right now.

Prices have not fallen yet but they will but all leading economic indicators signal a slowing economy, slowing wage inflation, lower oil prices etc etc all in all lower prices.

The situation at hand is serious and a serious discussion is merited not some pea brained attempt at rhetoric.

The offsetting remark was in reply to your statement about the multiplier effect of GST. There is no additional multiplier effect from GST in terms of tax collection accept from what has been reflected in the budget. A slowing shrinking economy means lower GST collections, hence the fall in projected revenue and increase in deficit as spending is maintained.

Locke

ou have forgoten ONE IMPORTANT fact in your whole humbug equation. 7 percent GST and its full effects still exist. So despite all the Aid infusion, the return back to the coffers of 7 percent ( plus the multiplier effect ) exist.

Why so worked up ?

So are you still in the WP or with the PAP ?

LOL. And please spare us your 2 cents intellect. YOU HAVE SUBSTANTIATED NONE OF YOUR STATEMENTS.

And please NOW YOU PENG Wei, twist and that "THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL" effect from the GST when CLEARLY you have said that there is NO GST multiplier effect.

You are a HOGWASH retard and clearly a total humbug. Twist all you want, and if you have to waste your time talking cock, do it with someone else.

Don't waste my time. :smile:

Dan

Last edited:

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi dan,

all the bullshits to make voters stupid.

in april, we will see whether SAF is still riding on the 10 billion bill and the R&D is blowing on the 9 billion expenses during the downturn.

as long as the PAP machinery is too expensive to sustain, it is the local people who will suffer. You see why they betting on the gambling dens.

Dan, overpriced HDB flats supposed to be an affordable lease shelter but now become a PAP commodity. They call this good inflation ? Hahaha....voters really get fucked and fucked again, but yet still stupidity vote for PAP.

Lets hope great depression come and all hell let loose to rid the devils.

cheers

Eh towkay,

Long time no hear. Hope all is well with you :smile:

Just 2 days before the budget, Our PAPie DOG Press Media announce that income gaps in Singapore is closing.

How that was derive and that set of data can be backed up is truly incredible.

There is perhaps one plausible explaination. That the hordes of PRs that the PAPies have been adding in to skew the stats calculation have reach its devious fruition. PRs and Singaporeans are calcultated as one Data Block and there is no differentiation whatsoever.

Furthermore, the total reserves strength of our country is still a big unknown as it is protected under the Official Secret Acts.

And yes, I am in agreement that now this policy have come to haunt us all again.

That this budget makes NO distinction that it should ONLY BENEFIT citizens and PRs and Foriengers should not be profiting from it.

But knowing the spineless MIWs, they would rather PUNISH Singaporeans for being Lazy, choosey and ever complaining. PRs and FTs have always been the PAPies favourites.

Dan

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Dan... the budget are just general statements which have no credibility... till one sees the real benefits at ground level... just take the pap budget as a lame tale...

I am in complete agreement with you on this.

It has been a tradition in our civil service now for many years to FLOG Singaporeans for being Lazy, choosey and kiasu etc if you ever dare ask them for any assitance.

And even before they show you the mountains of forms to filled up, to apply for it, they would humiliate you first with all kinds of name calling.

The devil have always been in the details. Take the case of our social service. IF the social service have been credible, WHY ARE SO MANY OF OUR ELDERLY going hungry, and have to collect cardboards and tin cans to eek out a living ?

Have the government make enough provision to promote our elderly workers ( In Singapore's case, once you are over 40, you are considered a liability and a CHEAP FT who cannot even speak proper english can replace you ) to make sure that their experiences will be appreciated and their continual employment ?

There are SCORES of other "mindset" problems that the GOVERNMENT have created with their continuous promotion of the FTs being the saviour and PILLAR of our economy. Now Singaporeans are SUFFERING evermore and in this deep recession, CITIZENS will find themselves the FIRST to be ABANDON by their employers simply because we are more "expensive" as compared to the FTs.

The nightmare for Singaporeans is now just in the begining phase. In the coming months, unless MOM, NTUC PROTECT the rights of the Singaporean workers, expect more retrenchment which Singaporeans workers will face the worse brunt.

Dan

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg-pm2.jpg

Hello, my daddy and hubby invest dun need money ah? *chey*