• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Poor Man's AUDI has arrived !

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP is exactly like a Beemer because both shower themselves with a bucketload of self proclaimed accolades which are far from reality.

On the other hand nobody has high expectations of a Proton Saga or a Great Wall. These are cheap and unsophisticated cars and everyone is aware that you get what you pay for.

The Hyundais have come a long way and are now very reliable. I owned one for a couple of years but sold it because although nothing went wrong I did not like the way things were configured.

My Hyundai Getz manual has last me well 5 years without replacing any major parts. Same goes now for my Nissan. Just need a car to get from point A to point B fast due to my work

But why even car's comparison can involve politics?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Heat is the enemy of any machinery, and European cars are not designed for the tropical climate. They have a lot to learn from the Japs and Koreans.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Heat is the enemy of any machinery, and European cars are not designed for the tropical climate. They have a lot to learn from the Japs and Koreans.

It can get a lot hotter in Europe than it ever gets in Singapore so that age old excuse doesn't work anymore.

And Beemers and Audis break down just as often in Auckland where the temperature hardly ever passes 27degC.

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Beemers and Audis break down just as often in Auckland where the temperature hardly ever passes 27degC.

VW and Mercs are not more reliable than Audi.

Mercedes is the most over-rated, shit of it's class. Hyundai is more reliable than Mercs. You can hardly find a 9-10 years old E-class Mercs on the road these days. When I was young, Mercs can more reliable. Now you buy Mercs, it's just telling others that you just got the money to burn and don't know much about cars.

BMW improved a lot in recent years. imho, most reliable German car maker around, leaps above Mercs. (hint: many mercs caught fire lately)

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
None of the German brands rank highly and the French cars are even worse. At the bottom of the heap are the Italians. Buy a Fiat or an Alfa and be prepared to take a taxi to work at least 60 days a year while the car is in the workshop.

Alternatively you can buy two of the same so when one breaks down you can drive the other.

Also take note that most of the time the workshop doesn't have a clue what is wrong.

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of the German brands rank highly and the French cars are even worse. At the bottom of the heap are the Italians. Buy a Fiat or an Alfa and be prepared to take a taxi to work at least 60 days a year while the car is in the workshop.

Also take note that most of the time the workshop doesn't have a clue what is wrong.

If you want a Fiat or Alfa, you should take up their $1600/mth leasing package from their authorized distributor.
That's the way to own an Italian car. Immediate car replacement during breakdowns and unlimited parts change with road tax/insurance/servicing because it's under lease.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If you want a Fiat or Alfa, you should take up their $1600/mth leasing package from their authorized distributor.
That's the way to own an Italian car. Immediate car replacement during breakdowns and unlimited parts change with road tax/insurance/servicing because it's under lease.

I prefer my "uncle" car the trusty Toyota. I don't have to worry about anything. It's in the workshop once a year for scheduled servicing and that's it. The other 364 days involve nothing more than starting the engine, driving and turning the engine off... all from a convenient button that says Start/Stop.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer my "uncle" car the trusty Toyota. I don't have to worry about anything. It's in the workshop once a year for scheduled servicing and that's it. The other 364 days involve nothing more than starting the engine, driving and turning the engine off... all from a convenient button that says Start/Stop.

Toyota is a good car, unfortunately it is served by arrogant and rouge salesmen in Borneo motors.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It can get a lot hotter in Europe than it ever gets in Singapore so that age old excuse doesn't work anymore.

Disagree. The hot weather in Europe is not perennial, like it is in the tropics. And I am not saying heat is the only cause of frequent breakdowns.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
The w124 Mercedes Benz is better than any continental shit on the road nowadays.

IMG_8194.JPG

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The w124 Mercedes Benz is better than any continental shit on the road nowadays.

View attachment 42120
If there is a new unused 25-year old "0" mileage W124 Benz and the latest BMW 520 series brand new, both being offered to you FREE on the condition that you cannot resell, which one you will take ?

Be honest, everyone, tell me your choice and reasons ?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If there is a new unused 25-year old "0" mileage W124 Benz and the latest BMW 520 series brand new, both being offered to you FREE on the condition that you cannot resell, which one you will take ?

Be honest, everyone, tell me your choice and reasons ?
Can don't want? I prefer Jap.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can don't want? I prefer Jap.
just follow what fresh off the boat nehs and chinks buy and one doesn’t go wrong. before they settle on either a toyota camry or corolla they analyze the pre-purchase and test-drive to death until dealerships almost go nuts. avoid all camrys and corollas when you’re driving on sillycon valley roads.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
just follow what fresh off the boat nehs and chinks buy and one doesn’t go wrong. before they settle on either a toyota camry or corolla they analyze the pre-purchase and test-drive to death until dealerships almost go nuts. avoid all camrys and corollas when you’re driving on sillycon valley roads.
What do you think is Subaru's standing in the US market? They are made in the US for the US market. Outback, Forester, XV.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you think is Subaru's standing in the US market? They are made in the US for the US market. Outback, Forester, XV.
very popular with far east asiatic rice rocket millennials, especially the wrx. when they get married they junk their wrx and upgrade to suv’s and crossovers such as outback and forester. crosstrek is the rage among techies who are outdoor minded.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
very popular with far east asiatic rice rocket millennials, especially the wrx. when they get married they junk their wrx and upgrade to suv’s and crossovers such as outback and forester. crosstrek is the rage among techies who are outdoor minded.
Only popular with young Asians? I would think the outback and the forester would be popular with everyone, especially the family man. Crosstrek is called the XV in Asia. Sporty and rugged little SUV.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only popular with young Asians? I would think the outback and the forester would be popular with everyone, especially the family man.
subaru crossovers and compact suv’s are not as popular across all ethnic groups (except niggers and hispanics) as nissan and mazda compact suv’s. lately nissan roque and mazda cx-5 are all over the roads. niggers drive stolen cars (mostly hondas and toyotas) and hispanics love their old beat up gas guzzling large american suvs and vans that have changed hands 6.9 times. they need the extra room to carry entire families of 6 to 7 fat lazy turds.