• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Perfect Singaporean Scholar - Elite Catgory ?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroo

And I use to be tutored by that phd who created Yong Yong Yi. A long long time ago I was struck at how a cabinet discussion dismissed the idea of research into genes and how specific Asian genes worked against specific standard treatment protocols. The man behind this idea was dismissed as a charlatans etc by PY etc etc. Well what was I to said ? Five years later the MNCs pharma were researching this in depth as an area in an article in the economist. That was when I decided civil servAnts should not dream

Locke

QUOTE=scroobal;752819]Great points. Jack of all trades but master of none. We all watched as Tony Fernandez was building Air Asia. He used to come to Singapore to negotiate with the authorities but was getting kicked in the shin. They then went for Valuair which is more or less gone . I remember used to come by cab to Suntec from Changi and after talks will leave the same day.

Now the bugger got hotel chain, F1 team and manged to get Branson to dress up as a air stewardess.[/QUOTE]

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, after dealing with Goh and Toh, he thought his solution lay with PHDs. There were 3 of them and one of them is Tan Eng Liang, another was Augustine Tan and the third was a medical surgeon whose name escapes me. All 3 failed. They were supposed to be the 2nd generation of leaders.

Agree with the rest of the comments.

DR Ong Leong Boon who was President of the NUS Students Union in 1968, married SP Tao's daughter ,was elected MP for River Valley but got chastised by GKS/LKS for attempting to question some facets of government policy? Sadly, he is suffering from Alheimers disease and has now stopped his practice....

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DR Ong Leong Boon who was President of the NUS Students Union in 1968, married SP Tao's daughter ,was elected MP for River Valley but got chastised by GKS/LKS for attempting to question some facets of government policy? Sadly, he is suffering from Alheimers disease and has now stopped his practice....
August is a well known failure who acts like a dictator of no substance,

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro, he is the one. Very colourful character and known to speak his mind. He went on to set up his practice in Mt E. He was in the zone to become PM for the next generation. Sorry to hear that he has got Alzheimers. I am getting very worried. All the cerebral chaps are getting into this. GKS, Raja, Toh, Chua Chian Sin. What is going on?

SP Tao, now that is a name that bring back memories including Mildred who ran the show for her father. He used to own Shell Towers. He still active in his 90s and still running around.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
August is a well known failure who acts like a dictator of no substance,

he the one whom old man says when he presses a button he expects things to happen but Aug did not...think his religious fervour was also viewed
as a negative by old man

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, after dealing with Goh and Toh, he thought his solution lay with PHDs. There were 3 of them and one of them is Tan Eng Liang, another was Augustine Tan and the third was a medical surgeon whose name escapes me. All 3 failed. They were supposed to be the 2nd generation of leaders.

Agree with the rest of the comments.

Tan Eng Liang had a Taiwanese mistress. Augustine a local one. Wonder if it was 'abalone' that caused their downfall.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro, he is the one. Very colourful character and known to speak his mind. He went on to set up his practice in Mt E. He was in the zone to become PM for the next generation. Sorry to hear that he has got Alzheimers. I am getting very worried. All the cerebral chaps are getting into this. GKS, Raja, Toh, Chua Chian Sin. What is going on?

SP Tao, now that is a name that bring back memories including Mildred who ran the show for her father. He used to own Shell Towers. He still active in his 90s and still running around.

Who knows maybe we should send an SBF brochure to this chaps to get them to post here in this forum post-retirement.

You don't seem to suffer from the ill effects of Alzheimer's do you? Hahahaha..

Actually, I am not sure whether the old man has Alzheimer's, but given the public information, he had more cardiovascular conditions. My take is that even if he had mental or neuro conditions, they will not publicly reveal it. But on the looks of things, the old man seems to retain much of his intellectual functions as compared with his peers.

Or maybe it was his peers did much of the brainstorming? hahaha