• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PAP’s Terrifying process of choosing Singapore’s next PM

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Seriously Hongyi does not need to be the PM to hold on to power. He can go the Temasek route. A weak PM, obedient president and a full parliament of well fed MPs will ensure nothing stands in Chairman Li's way to do whatever the fuck he wants

If he wants to be the leader of the country, he cannot be the chairman of Temasek. The chairman of Temasek is not recognized as the leader of Singapore. If the UN ask the leader of singapore to deliver an address, they will ask the Prime Minister. Not the chairman of a sovereign wealth fund.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If people take to the streets SGD will drop liek a stone. And if it continues with riots and unrest for months....bye bye singapore. By then I am sure you will be one of those to get out of the country despite all the bravado talk about helping the country lah, it is my country and what not shit. And say bye bye to your investment properties also.

If the properties drop like a stone, its an opportunity to buy more at a low price. If the People take to the streets and kick out the PAP, the economy will be streamlined and all the high level corruption will be gone. Some short term pain is needed for long term growth. U can stay in canada and freeze your balls off.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If the properties drop like a stone, its an opportunity to buy more at a low price. If the People take to the streets and kick out the PAP, the economy will be streamlined and all the high level corruption will be gone. Some short term pain is needed for long term growth. U can stay in canada and freeze your balls off.
We shall see who has the last laugh lah. Haha!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
We shall see who has the last laugh lah. Haha!

Unless the PAP activate the army to fight for them against sinkies demonstrating en masse on the street, they cannot stay in power. The PAP is not the organs of govt. Its perfectly expected that the trains will run, the airport will operate, lifts will work, etc. after the PAP has been kicked out.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Unless the PAP activate the army to fight for them against sinkies demonstrating en masse on the street, they cannot stay in power. The PAP is not the organs of govt. Its perfectly expected that the trains will run, the airport will operate, lifts will work, etc. after the PAP has been kicked out.

Wah with all the ex generals in cabinet and key political positions even union you think they will not get army?

In the first place if PAP lose election first thing they will do is cause demonstrations using the NTUC they so totally control now.

NTUC chiefs are not elected in GE so will stay the same. You will see union clash.

They can also declare martial law if they lose GE

PAP got so many options. Better for PAP to keep winning and keep the peace lah.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed that their wish is for hongyi to take over after the seat warmer. It is their sop. The situation is weird now because
1. They are dragging their feet to announce the seat warmer
2. Gct is pressing for the seat warmer to be announced

If something is holding them back in making the official announcement of the name of the seat warmer, why did lhl have to tell the press that he will be stepping down in a couple of years time only ending with them dragging their feet and gct proposing a deadline. Usually for such matter, everything would have been settled before lhl declare that he is stepping down.
It makes 100% sense to me. Obviously, the goal of him and Whore Jinx is to put Hongyi in one day. Also, Hongyi cannot immediately be the successor to him, or else the whole world will scream nepotism. So, by stepping down and then putting in a seat warmer, and later the seat warmer gives way to Hongyi, he can at least say that its not nepotism. Just like Old Fart inserted Wooden between himself and Gay Loong.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to be rude, and unneighbourly, but as long as Peesai's dollar does not drop below Ringgit, people can be pacified. Singapore will be around, but will no longer be in the world's limelight. There are ,many cities larger than Peesai in China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Pines, and scattered among th Ocean's islands and kampongs too. The have ,more land, more young people, And are more willing to work for less. There are hundreds, if not thousands of such cities. Singapore is not the centre of the universe. God is no longer the Pee Emm.:smile:

Cheers!

If people take to the streets SGD will drop liek a stone. And if it continues with riots and unrest for months....bye bye singapore. By then I am sure you will be one of those to get out of the country despite all the bravado talk about helping the country lah, it is my country and what not shit. And say bye bye to your investment properties also.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah with all the ex generals in cabinet and key political positions even union you think they will not get army?

In the first place if PAP lose election first thing they will do is cause demonstrations using the NTUC they so totally control now.

NTUC chiefs are not elected in GE so will stay the same. You will see union clash.

They can also declare martial law if they lose GE

PAP got so many options. Better for PAP to keep winning and keep the peace lah.

Is the army a threat? Do not forget in singkieland the army is an iron rice bowl for military scholars,,,and only the scholars get promoted,,,regulars who just sign on are of other ranks and even officers do not get promoted year on year. and the perks for the other ranks and non scholar officers are pretty average. and alot just sit there drink kopi etc,,,the rest of the rank and file are NSF...NSF just serve 2 years and FO,,,they dont even want to be there because in general,,a conscript army has low morale and in singkielands case its made worse by the scholar elite,,,I doubt the rank and file will shoot into the civilians,,,,and the rank and file might just even frag the scholar elites,,,I for one will definitely fragg kee chiu and pinky. The only scholar general that had the respect of his men was LHY,,,but he is gone and those officers that are like him etc are gone too,,should all be retired by now,,,,this is not like zimbabwe where the army etc has access to the economy and all the rank and file within the army benefit from the existing system. In singkieland only the scholars benefit.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. That is more likely the scenario if the son is not keen to take the political platform. The mother has already demonstrated that and she has not been called to answer anything.

They just have to control their political proxies and ensure they, their spouses and kids have a shot at property soft launches during good times, board seats, etc.

The distribution of largesse and control of individuals would be key.

Seriously Hongyi does not need to be the PM to hold on to power. He can go the Temasek route. A weak PM, obedient president and a full parliament of well fed MPs will ensure nothing stands in Chairman Li's way to do whatever the fuck he wants

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Army, the Unions and the people taking to the streets is far fetched. The struggle for power will be amongst those in the party. That’s giving too much credit to those in the army, unions etc.

The model has always been to ensure that all Singaporeans are adequately fed but take away all control.

Btw people migrate to get a better life and not that Singapore is going to collapse. Look at Malaysia, despite huge amounts lifted from the treasury life goes on.

Most of us despise the PAP and their minders but let’s not let our emotions and imagination run wild. Singaporeans tipping point is lifts, SMRT, food, CPF etc.

The trick is to establish a beachhead in a first World country for the family and milk Singapore for all its worth.

Take Sam for example, he got it right.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Is the army a threat? Do not forget in singkieland the army is an iron rice bowl for military scholars,,,and only the scholars get promoted,,,regulars who just sign on are of other ranks and even officers do not get promoted year on year. and the perks for the other ranks and non scholar officers are pretty average. and alot just sit there drink kopi etc,,,the rest of the rank and file are NSF...NSF just serve 2 years and FO,,,they dont even want to be there because in general,,a conscript army has low morale and in singkielands case its made worse by the scholar elite,,,I doubt the rank and file will shoot into the civilians,,,,and the rank and file might just even frag the scholar elites,,,I for one will definitely fragg kee chiu and pinky. The only scholar general that had the respect of his men was LHY,,,but he is gone and those officers that are like him etc are gone too,,should all be retired by now,,,,this is not like zimbabwe where the army etc has access to the economy and all the rank and file within the army benefit from the existing system. In singkieland only the scholars benefit.

Yes, the army comprises of citizens and not Gurkhas or professional soldiers or mercenaries. It will be impossible to ask a unit to fire on 50,000 demonstrators knowing some of the demonstrators might be their friends and relatives. Any act of non violent social disobedience will be enough to panic the PAP and its leadership. They have never dealt with any adversity and when they see the police and the army cannot control the masses on the street, then running road is the only option I can see for them. Certainly, when I was in the army, I would never fire on demonstrators if ordered to do so. I think the people know the PAP has many flaws and to blindly follow them in this sort of action (i.e. shooting people on the streets), will just not fly with them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gurkha report into MHA. Their command and control is very interesting. The primary job is to wipe out immediately any SAF unit that goes rogue. They are trained as soldiers by British Army soldiers who are on contract here.

They are not allowed to deal or mix with MID for obvious reasons.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next GE, oppo forms gahmen, Because Peesai is left out of the economic growth throughout the rest of Asia, Peesai becomes poor. Gahmen chiak lui. Then young officers from SAF stage a coup and takeover parliament, Installing a new King of Peesai, New dynastic order takes order Peesai under new political system.

Cheers!

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a time limit to the current model of economic growth via immigration. Singapore has at best 20 years before the model collapses.

Btw people migrate to get a better life and not that Singapore is going to collapse. Look at Malaysia, despite huge amounts lifted from the treasury life goes on.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gurkha report into MHA. Their command and control is very interesting. The primary job is to wipe out immediately any SAF unit that goes rogue. They are trained as soldiers by British Army soldiers who are on contract here.

They are not allowed to deal or mix with MID for obvious reasons.
Sounds like the Gurkhas are the Singkie equivalent of the SS,,,except for one thing,,the gurkhas are limited in number,,,i dont see how they can wipe a whole Division etc,,,but I think if shit hits the fan,,,the gurkhas are there more to evacuate the familee than to put down a revolt.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sounds like the Gurkhas are the Singkie equivalent of the SS,,,except for one thing,,the gurkhas are limited in number,,,i dont see how they can wipe a whole Division etc,,,but I think if shit hits the fan,,,the gurkhas are there more to evacuate the familee than to put down a revolt.

Bingo. In any people power revolution, the ruling dictators cannot trust their own people to get them out. All it takes is on dissident in the PeeM's entourage to twitter his whereabouts and the whole group is caught. In such circumstances, the Gurkhas will be the only ones they can count on. Remember too that many Gurkhas were allowed to bring their family here to live with them. if these fuckers started shooting sinkies on orders of the PAP, will not a vengeful mob take it out on their families? That is something they will have to consider too. In addition, I think they are led by British officers. Will these officers obey such a command to open fire on Protesters?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There is a time limit to the current model of economic growth via immigration. Singapore has at best 20 years before the model collapses.

The PAP aims to ensure that it carries on indefinitely. basically, they are swapping out one set of sinkies for another set. There is one set who are fed up and want to leave and are making plans to do so. They are replaced by new emigrants who will doubtless vote PAP. The rest of the sinkies employed by bloated GLCs, MINDEF, police, civil service, teachers, etc. will continue to vote PAP to protect their rice bowl. If a competent oppo won, they could eliminate 20% of the jobs in Ministries like MOE and MOH, and 80% in MINDEF, with no noticeable detrimental effect..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sorry to be rude, and unneighbourly, but as long as Peesai's dollar does not drop below Ringgit, people can be pacified. Singapore will be around, but will no longer be in the world's limelight. There are ,many cities larger than Peesai in China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Pines, and scattered among th Ocean's islands and kampongs too. The have ,more land, more young people, And are more willing to work for less. There are hundreds, if not thousands of such cities. Singapore is not the centre of the universe. God is no longer the Pee Emm.:smile:

Cheers!

Its illogical to compare currency exchange rates the way u are doing. Instead of talking about Sing dollar not dropping below Ringgit, the better question is whether the purchasing power of SIngapore dollar is greater then the Ringgit. I doubt it. From what i can see, its almost parity, a one to one exchange rate. for example, if you say that a SInkie needs $4000 a month to live comfortably in zikapore, well guess what, a Malaysian can also live comfortably on $4000 ringgit a month. In terms of purchasing power, its the same. The exchange rate does not benefit sinkies when they are spending the money here.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Die die must be own people take over. If outsider take over, very serious consequences for the entire clan.