• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liv 4-3 Man City.
What a game!! From 4-1 down Man City fight back to 4-3.
Liverpool all top class goal.
Best is Mo Salah's goal.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed. This is why the EPL is so special. If just purely for entertainment value, it's the best league in the world!

Who needs Coutinho when you've got Firmino, Mané and Salah? :biggrin:

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mark Hughes was never successful as a manager who spent big. His record at Man City was awful. Neither is he one who gave chances to youngsters or made full use of the youth system.

But he used to be shrewd in the transfer market for cheapo signings, who he paid near to nothing for, turned out to be quite a gem.

jw5

Loyal
Looks like Theo Walcott is on his way to Everton. Maybe Big Sam will bring out the best in him. :biggrin:

Yes. I think Klopp has managed to bring out the best in The Ox. It's something that Wenger really struggled with during his time at the Emirates.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It also looks increasingly likely Sanchez is leaving but his exorbitant wage demands are likely to put off Man Utd.
Olivier Giroud is also likely to be thrown in as a sweetener to lure Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to the Emirates.

Looks like it's gonna be a busy transfer window for Mr Wenger. :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It also looks increasingly likely Sanchez is leaving but his exorbitant wage demands are likely to put off Man Utd.
Olivier Giroud is also likely to be thrown in as a sweetener to lure Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to the Emirates.

Looks like it's gonna be a busy transfer window for Mr Wenger. :biggrin:

If not for Wenger why would any of these players want to go to Arsenal? They're not in the Champions League and don't look like they will finish 4th either. (edit : Oh yah I forgot...LONDON)

Then again looking at Wenger I think he is over the hill already.

Bad time to be an Arsenal fan. More likely Wenger will waste all the money on sub par bad boy players and then get fired at end of the season.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Reports about GK situation at LFC. Alisson available for 44m pounds? I'd take it. And sell Mignolet to Napoli. Keep Karius as backup.

Oblak for 90m pounds? Crazy!

LFC needs a world class keeper.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It has been proven that Wenger cannot work with English players. Theo Walcott. Aaron Ramsey. Ox. all faded into oblivion under him.

I am very happy Wenger wants to stay at Arsenal and they want to keep him. LOL!!!

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has been proven that Wenger cannot work with English players. Theo Walcott. Aaron Ramsey. Ox. all faded into oblivion under him.

I am very happy Wenger wants to stay at Arsenal and they want to keep him. LOL!!!
Not too sure the issue is just with English players. Aaron Ramsey is Welsh and Wenger has had disciplinary issues with Alex Iwobi, Jack Wilshere whilst Mesut Ozil is just so inconsistent these days.
I've always admired Wenger for what he has achieved at the club but his legacy is being wrecked by his stubborn refusal to accept that it's time for change. He should have stepped down a few seasons ago IMHO.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Not too sure the issue is just with English players. Aaron Ramsey is Welsh and Wenger has had disciplinary issues with Alex Iwobi, Jack Wilshere whilst Mesut Ozil is just so inconsistent these days.
I've always admired Wenger for what he has achieved at the club but his legacy is being wrecked by his stubborn refusal to accept that it's time for change. He should have stepped down a few seasons ago IMHO.

Agreed. In any case, the club owners should have shifted him aside for the good of the club. Anyway Arsenal is now a club in transition like it or not.

The way they play is very guniang. Weak. Wenger's style of play no longer works today where pressing is the trend.