• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on what's happened in the EPL this season, it's clear to me that the balance of power is shifting away from Manchester and back to Merseyside. Liverpool are the the verge of their first EPL title since it was introduced in 1992 and this could this be the start of their long term dominance in English football.

Just as Liverpool haven't won the League title since 89/90, it could be that this will be a long trophy less period for the Red Devils unless they make some radical changes to players and get the right manager. Put simply, Liverpool are playing like the Man Utd of old, exciting and entertaining football.

(And I do agree with Roy Keane that some Man Utd players should be ashamed of themselves in David Moyes' sacking).

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on what's happened in the EPL this season, it's clear to me that the balance of power is shifting away from Manchester and back to Merseyside. Liverpool are the the verge of their first EPL title since it was introduced in 1992 and this could this be the start of their long term dominance in English football.

Just as Liverpool haven't won the League title since 89/90, it could be that this will be a long trophy less period for the Red Devils unless they make some radical changes to players and get the right manager. Put simply, Liverpool are playing like the Man Utd of old, exciting and entertaining football.

(And I do agree with Roy Keane that some Man Utd players should be ashamed of themselves in David Moyes' sacking).

i last saw liverpool won the old division 1 title when i still in secondary school. i sincerely hope the balance of power tilt toward The RED side of the M62.

jw5

Loyal
Difference was that Ronaldo winked at the bench (simply happy that opponents were down to 10 men), whereas Batistuta winked at Simeone (indicating that they both knew he was faking injury after Beckam donkey lashkicked him while lying on the ground) :biggrin:

Reminded me of that cheeky wink Ronaldo gave when Rooney was sent off in the 2006 WC. :biggrin:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TP can pull another surprise this week but not next week.
Next week Liverpool needs it's neighbour help to be champion.
It could happen if Liverpool defeat Chelsea and C. Palace next week
and Everton defeat Man City.
I am sure among Everton supporters there are Liverpool supporters but not
Chelsea and Man City. Great day for Mersey side next week.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RIP Tito Vilanova
The ex-Barcelona coach was hospitalised following a drastic downturn in his health which required emergency surgery, but was unable to survive his battle with cancer
Former Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has died at the age of 45 after losing his battle with cancer, the club have confirmed.
The ex-central midfielder was admitted to hospital on Thursday following a downturn in his health which required an operation on his stomach, with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu confirming the trainer was "fighting" for his life.
However, Vilanova, whose post-playing career was plagued by cancer, passed away on Friday afternoon.
Vilanova's public health problems began during his final season as Pep Guardiola's assistant when he was diagnosed with cancer of the parotid gland.
He took over from his long-time friend for the 2012-13 season but suffered a relapse just six months into his tenure as head coach.
He underwent surgery in December 2012, with Jordi Roura taking his place on the bench while he recovered in New York, before returning in March 2013 to see out the rest of the reason and guide Barca to La Liga glory.
However, his continued health problems saw him step down as coach of the Catalans last summer, with Gerardo Martino taking the reins in his place.
Vilanova has largely - and understandably - been out of the spotlight since he left his position at Camp Nou but rumours of his ill health have sadly been revealed to be true. He is survived by a wife and two children.
Following confirmation of his death, Barcelona president Bartomeu said in a statement: "Tito will be a reference as a man and in terms of football for Barcelona forever. We thank him for everything he taught us. Rest in peace."
The Catalan club, for whom he worked for several years before being promoted to head coach in 2012, also sent their condolences to the family of Vilanova.
"The club wishes to express its most heartfelt sympathy to his family, who are being joined in these moments of mourning by Barcelona members and fans all around the world, as well as the rest of the footballing and sporting world.
"The Vilanova family has asked for respect for their desire for the strictest intimacy in the moments after his death."
Barcelona have announced that the funeral will take place on Monday at 20:00CET, while Camp Nou will be open to those who wish to pay their respects over the weekend.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wa Lau Eh..... Liverfool gives 1 ball to Chelsea. Hong Kan Liao. Fools going to win this game liao..... :kma:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect Mourinho will not be fielding his strongest side against Liverpool.
He will rest some key players before the CL match against Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.

jw5

Loyal
I suspect Mourinho will not be fielding his strongest side against Liverpool.
He will rest some key players before the CL match against Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.

Nemanja Matic and Mohd Salah will both start against Liverpool and play 90 minutes, unless they get injured or are sent off. :wink:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nemanja Matic and Mohd Salah will both start against Liverpool and play 90 minutes, unless they get injured or are sent off. :wink:

Add to them Frank Lampard and Jon Obi Mikel who were yellow carded on Tuesday night. I think John Terry will be saved for the AM game if he can recover from his injury.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bold 1st eleven from Giggs for his first match. Mata is benched and Fellaini isn't even the squad.
Should be an interesting game against Norwich City.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
David De Gea
Patrice Evra
Phil Jones
Rio Ferdinand
Nemanja Vidic
Michael Carrick
Tom Cleverley
Antonio Valencia
Shinji Kagawa