• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Defences win tournaments. Dismiss England at your own peril :smile:

England like pap living on past glory....forever talking about 1966.
English supporters are still having in colonial times.
BPL is richest league no doubt but it's a cosmopolitan make up not english.
English football cannot cut it.
Recent history has proof of that.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Azzurri good bet. Latest info is that they will be parking the bus and the MRT in front of goal. Prandelli is switching to a 3-5-2 formation. The way Spain plays is too slow. They've struggled every time they play teams that park the bus. Remember what happened when Spain played an ultra-defensive Switzerland?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Cahill and Lampard out, Terry's ribs injuries and Martin Kelly down with flu, England is more or less fucked.

I want to see how England perform under Hodgson in a competitive match and
am willing to give him the benefit of my doubt before I pass judgement. France will be a good test.

Bear in mind he has basically inherited these players from the Capello era and has only had them for about a month before the Euros.
However, aside from the Rio Ferdinand non selection, I feel he's shown favoritism to too many Liverpool players and for me this is a black mark against his judgement.

Monday night's performance will answer a lot of questions.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
England like pap living on past glory....forever talking about 1966.
English supporters are still having in colonial times.
BPL is richest league no doubt but it's a cosmopolitan make up not english.
English football cannot cut it.
Recent history has proof of that.
Pls include Liverpool in your comment also, 6 Liverpool players in England squad, omg....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls include Liverpool in your comment also, 6 Liverpool players in England squad, omg....

I supported Liverpool as a boy....back then everyone you know who grew up on big league soccer was a pool supporter much like Manu now.
Those were the glory days when Kevin Keegan was wearing the number 7 jersey.
But one does not live on history.....die hard Reds are still waiting for the glory days to come back and they get hopeful at the start of every season only to be disappointed yet again.
This mirrors the situation with England every world cup and euro.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
16200498e20372d04486434a456ec4531f0e57dc.gif

4-3-3 vs 3-5-2

16200498e20372d04486434a456ec4531f0e57dc.gif

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good save by Casillas to keep out Motta's header. The Azzurri will be happy with their performance so far.

Last edited: