• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The NK-US Summit Thread

Score for Trump-Kim summit

• Total voters

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last part of the video, Bui Kim, was telling the translator : " tell Vivien, if he ever come to NK to work, & looses 300 million dollars USD, I will make sure that , I will strap him to a barrel with his bum facing upwards & aim the anti aircraft missiles at it"... ha ha ha ha ha
he might have told vivian to tell that caq to do a handshake, walk and sit just like a man should :cool:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best investment made by pap!

D283821D-C700-4C7E-BC44-C35E7232A55E.jpeg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trump Kim summit: Stop romanticising a dictator, say North Korea artists
10 June 2018

_101913289_deeaf45c-b5f1-4bdd-be5a-f40d01840e2f.jpg
Image copyrightBBC/HEATHER CHEN
Image caption'I survived a North Korean gulag. Why are people romanticising Kim Jong-un?'
The once-elusive Kim Jong-un may be emerging as something of an international statesman, but North Korean artists in Seoul who personally suffered under his leadership tell the BBC's Heather Chen and Minji Lee that peace talks won't change a man they call a tyrant.

For several years, Song Byeok played an instrumental role in North Korea's propaganda machine. The painter from Hwanghae province was noticed by the ruling elite and chosen to be a state artist.

Mr Song painted vivid, striking images showing anti-American and Japanese slogans, happy workers and of course, the Kim dynasty.

"As a propaganda artist, you are expected to portray North Korea and its leaders as being the best in the world," says Mr Song, at his apartment in Seoul.

"In North Korea, art can only be beautiful. The homeless do not exist and everyone is chubby as they are well-fed."

This picture could not be further from the truth.

_101882894_34526612_10155719876386267_3802851536657186816_n.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_101929659_received_932674616820924-2.jpg

Choi Seong-guk's illustration of Kim Jong-un. Choi believes Kim is 'on the brink of desperation and has nowhere to go'

Mr Song defected to South Korea in 2002, having survived a gulag where torture was a daily routine.

"Being in a North Korean prison camp was so tough," he recalls, in between deep breaths. "You'd hear birds singing and see blue skies and it would make you want to die. So you can imagine how shocked I am to see Kim Jong-un being shown in a positive light."

These memories are particularly difficult for Mr Song, as he sees Kim Jong-un become the new darling of the diplomatic scene, as a result of his highly-anticipated June meeting with US President Donald Trump.

Instagram users can view a version of this story on our BBC News account. Watch the Insta story on BBC News and BBC News Korean.

Leaders from several countries are rushing to have their moment with the man once shunned because of his nuclear weapons programme and dire human rights record.

"So many have died at the hands of his regime yet people can say he is now humane," he says. "They are romanticising a dictator and glamourising his regime. This is all very wrong."

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a sleepy part of Seoul's lively Gangnam district, lives another defector artist Choi Seong-guk.

In his previous life, the Pyongyang native worked on state-commissioned cartoons about Western spies.

"As someone who actually comes from North Korea, hearing praise about Kim Jong-un makes me really angry," he says.

"The people who say these things have never actually seen North Koreans like me and my family, who have been tormented and beaten. [So they know nothing about] how miserable our lives have been."

_101913290_4715f041-6748-4522-b7d5-a3ac9ac2fbb6.jpg
Image copyright BBC/HEATHER CHEN
Image captionSong Byeok's late parents. Defectors want the world to know the brutality of the regime

Now in his 30s and living in Seoul, Mr Choi was exiled from the prestigious North Korean capital and sent to a prison camp after being found guilty of selling duplicated copies of South Korean films. He made the decision to flee the country with his family in 2012.

Like many other North Koreans abroad, he will be closely watching the Trump-Kim meeting.

"What will make me angry will be seeing pictures of Kim parading around with global leaders. This will only fortify his image back in North Korea and will brainwash many people," he says.

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these are absolutely unimportant.

The only important thing is they can make Hwasong Nuke and can nuke away whole USA.

That will be the only meaningful thing.

All the bull shit about giving this and that to pamper peasants with good lives are rubbish.

World is about eliminating enemies' population level and cut the head count numbers, turn them all into death toll figures.

This works perfectly for preventing the massive global extinction suicide.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_101913291_f1c383f6-a54f-412d-8dc9-95316c31e447.jpg

Pyongyang defector Choi Seong-guk at work in his studio in Seoul

Now in his 30s and living in Seoul, Mr Choi was exiled from the prestigious North Korean capital and sent to a prison camp after being found guilty of selling duplicated copies of South Korean films. He made the decision to flee the country with his family in 2012.

Like many other North Koreans abroad, he will be closely watching the Trump-Kim meeting.

"What will make me angry will be seeing pictures of Kim parading around with global leaders. This will only fortify his image back in North Korea and will brainwash many people," he says.

The 12 June summit in Singapore was called off once, after the two parties fell back into a war of words, but the plan was revived after an apparently conciliatory response from Pyongyang.

But Mr Choi has reservations.

"The world seems to think you can resolve Korea's problems just by having a conversation with Kim Jong-un and I am honestly quite taken aback by this notion," he says.

"He is acting this way because he is on the brink of desperation and has nowhere to go."

"Donald Trump leads the strongest, most powerful country in the world so he has a sense of duty to humanity. I believe he has a strategy but I hope he will not neglect North Koreans."

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When asked if he would like to return to a safe North Korea one day, the answer is an enthusiastic yes from Song Byeok.

"Definitely. I want to hold an art exhibition in Pyongyang and show my fellow citizens [proof of] freedom of expression. That is my lifelong dream and I hope it will happen while I am still alive," he says.

But like Choi Seong-guk, Mr Song has concerns about negotiating with Kim Jong-un.

"Does Moon Jae-in really believe Kim will denuclearise North Korea?" he says, referencing the other historic meeting recently, between Mr Kim and South Korea's president.

"His administration has not brought up the issue of human rights in North Korea either."

_101913292_07047d72-ccd8-4d6c-a79a-b72296e430ff.jpg

Will Song Byeok ever get to showcase his art in North Korea?

But still, he holds out hope for his country and does not want the Trump-Kim summit to be "merely an event".

"I hope the meeting between Trump and Kim will become a starting point for our country to fundamentally change," he says.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Full of motherhood statenent that hard to implement. Nk basically wants to delay time and get some sanctions lifted. trump is doing for electorate purposed. Both countries have a broken record of going back on their words and none are really interested in world peace.

. However much lhl tried to justified their 20m price tag, it seems like we are being treated like a fool at the end.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
To a certain extent, these show cased defectors highlight how different the two Koreas are and how difficult Korean unification is going to be if it ever happens in the next 50 years.

I've noticed almost all the defectors seem unable to integrate into South Korean society and very few are holding even normal jobs in the South. It always seems to be some sort of refugee cum charity related work like art (I doubt anyone would bother if they don't do any art that has to do with North Korea), getting themselves involved in all sorts of North Korean topics through writing books, giving media interviews, framing themselves as "experts" and critics despite many having left the country decades ago.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
China and Japs and unified Korea will be one mega force for the Battle of Midway 2 with evil BE in Pacific ocean...

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To a certain extent, these show cased defectors highlight how different the two Koreas are and how difficult Korean unification is going to be if it ever happens in the next 50 years.

I've noticed almost all the defectors seem unable to integrate into South Korean society and very few are holding even normal jobs in the South. It always seems to be some sort of refugee cum charity related work like art (I doubt anyone would bother if they don't do any art that has to do with North Korea), getting themselves involved in all sorts of North Korean topics through writing books, giving media interviews, framing themselves as "experts" and critics despite many having left the country decades ago.

Had a strange opinion from a crony (over a beer) other evening. He feels strongly that NK absolutely deserves to have nuclear arsenal.
His (warped) logic: small country, why not over big nations like US?!

My retort was simply: misplaced priorities, when many are languishing in their diets:rolleyes: