• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Next RP Secretary-General

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. Likewise I always thought that Ah Chee was criticizing PAP undemocratic values on one side but funny enough, he control SDP like a dictator, even practicing "personality cult worship" where he is perceived as a hero by the enlightened few.

anyway I think Reform Party should join PAP asap... :biggrin:

just look at how their "supporters" (and clones) posting here and u know what mentality their master really is.

BobKHSim

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u ve news that some gang might be jumping ship soon? why were they rejected by RP when jbj was alive? so i heard, is that true? why?:confused:

arh temple thief chao ah kwa heard you going joint JBJ?

when huh? i get you a nice wreath with your favorite gay hunk photos ... kekeke

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
so they are not crossing over?? i hope i didn't expose them before their intended action:eek:

did you ask your PAP mp baey to widen the longkang at Blk 171 Stirling Road to accommodate your diabetic fat and ugly corpse when you jump from the 9th storey .... LOL

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
In reality, whoever can be an icon and bring the party to the new height can be seated as SG or Chairperson, in the case of WP Chairperson Sylvia Lim - with the support from WP members.

But Sylvia Lim isn't related by blood to either Mr. Low or the late JBJ.

Philip is a different case, because he's related by blood. And if you just transfer position due to blood relations, it sets a bad precedent.

For democracy, if we allow so-called democratic parties to transfer the sec-gen position from one guy to another, just because the another is the son of the sec-gen, then we are no different from the PAP.

The ballot box must rule, I state this extremely clearly. I don't support the transfer just because Philip is the son of JBJ. If Philip has to be the sec-gen, then he must start from the bottom. And forget about the icon bit; it doesn't mean that because the late JBJ was charismatic, it means Philip is.

I mean LKY was charismatic when he was younger; and yet his son is obviously not. I don't believe in so much of idolatry than pure hard work. I mean, look at the examples internationally. Kevin Rudd wasn't related to Kim Bazeley. Hillary Clinton tried to run on the Clinton name and failed. Pakistan's PPP appointed the husband and son of Bhutto to be co-party chairmen, and look what happened to the democratic coalition after Mursharff(sp) left.

Do you honestly think that having a monarchy system within a democratic party is actually being effective. In contrast, its corrupting and reeks of laziness. Its time to break away from such a mindset. Elect your leaders on merit and not on family ties. No-one should inherit the party leadership based on blood ties- especially if he hasn't earned it.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least one precedent has been established in Singapore case law, in Lees v. The Economist (2004), where insinuating nepotism is defamatory.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. Likewise I always thought that Ah Chee was criticizing PAP undemocratic values on one side but funny enough, he control SDP like a dictator, even practicing "personality cult worship" where he is perceived as a hero by the enlightened few.

anyway I think Reform Party should join PAP asap... :biggrin:

The RP is more likely to join the WP than the PAP, frankly. I respect your thoughts, but its not likely to happen.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ramseth

Astute observation old boy. :_)) I can't remember such good press coverage and such fulsome and dignified praise from the PAP for a political opponent. My suspicion its about hearts n minds of JB's boys and in particular Phillip who has the credentials to really shake up opposition politics if he steps in. I.E will and can succeed both SL and LTK

Locke

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
RP is just an empty vehicle and not a well established strong political party. If JBJ's sons were interested in politics, they can just set up another party or better still, join PAP.