• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Malay Race Is Truly A Very Gracious One - Humble and Helpful

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think as minorities,naturally they feel insecure n therefore many will set their tones on the majority as reasons for their problems. In restropect,the chinese minority in msia or indonesia also grumble about their minority status n how the majority treated them.Its human nature.

I guess the other reason lies in the fact that they being laid back,easy going n not in the fast lane as the majority,they feel a certain despair. They have a feeling wrongly that they r taken for a ride which is not true. In the Malay Dilemma,mahatir wrote abt a normal scene in 60s msia.On a queue for petrol,he noticed that the malays were chin chai n were not as rush as the chinese.When the chinese cut the queue or when the chinesd ask to be on the front,they mostly say ok..so some chinese took the apportunity to cut n be the first,leaving all the malays behind. This is not wrhong.The chinese being naturally on the ball in everything they do get the cake first.

Yes,mahatir used this to justify his NEP,but the reality is there. So some stlll have the feeling that they are left behind . So sometimes,spore also gives them extra assitance in order to help them moves in tandem with the country's deveptment.

Hopefully as they are educated n also progress , we will hear less of thise grumbles as well.

The 1st part i understand the 2nd paragraph, i'm not sure what phrase to describe it perhaps something like knowing helplessness? What you're trying to say in the 2nd paragraph is like the malays feel that their lifestyle is being threatened by the chinese and they have to adopt the chinese way of living which isn't what they are used to and hence they adopt this extremely sensitive type of behavior? Well the chinese didn't take them for a ride and in fact that attitude is wrong.

Suppose let's say i'm the school or the community's champion 100 metre dash runner and complete 100m in 13 secs. All of a sudden someone new comes in one day and defeats me by running in 10 secs can i then actually complain that i need to work harder to try and run less than 10 secs? Obviously not. It's just how the way the world works. Now if sg had oil for eg then nobody would need to work that hard. Chinese ppl are able to mentally overcome hardships to find success and not becos they are unfeeling robots that only care for money which ppl just love to perpetuate.

I feel that giving them too much face isn't the solution. Putting a strong stand and a don't fuck with me attitude will cure this behavior from them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article copy and pasted by our esteemed cooleo which i find the writer pretty stupid, i'll quote parts of it, also the blue portions are my comments:

http://singsupplies.com/showthread....ding-habits-(Acceptable-)&p=699937#post699937

http://www.agri-biz.com/Singlenews.aspx?DirID=107&rec_code=715524

Yesterday, it was reported that Home United goalkeeper Siddiq Durimi had his contract terminated after he failed to show up for training for three weeks. The 22-year-old reportedly suffered from financial problems.

malay where got finanical problems? They like simple lifestyle so how to have problems? Unless they cannot even pay for 3 meals everyday and of course i mean simple means not meals in restaurants.

'To say the problem doesn't exist is a lie,' said Singapore Armed Forces FC general manager Kok Wai Leong, who has counselled several players with financial difficulties in the past.

One player, he recalled, had his saloon car repossessed by creditors just a year after buying it, because he could not keep up with the monthly payments.

definitely bloody chinese players. Only want material benefits and want car when he cannot afford it.

The desire to buy expensive items to keep up with well-off peers can be overwhelming, said a player who did not want to be named. In one case, loan sharks were hounding a player who had overspent on electronics and designer goods.

Hougang United chairman Bill Ng also recounted how one of his players bought a 47-inch LCD TV set just because a teammate had one. In the end, he could not cough up the monthly instalments and the TV was repossessed by the store.

must be chinese players again. Want big screen tvs and borrow money from loan sharks but s league very few chinese players. I know the article is talking about the same 2 chinese players.

In the case of Tampines Rovers, chairman Teo Hock Seng has been known to extend personal loans to players.

The Stags' former team manager Syed Faruk, also reportedly forked out $30,000 in recent years to help pay the traffic summonses incurred by winger Aliff Shafaein.

wah 30k in traffic summons why dunno how to drive car or ride bike?

Finally the first sentence from the post: ONE player had his car repossessed. Another resorted to loan sharks to pay off his debts. A third bought an expensive LCD television set, only to give it up after he could not keep up with payments.

All 3 must be money minded greedy for money chinese

Last edited:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think as minorities,naturally they feel insecure n therefore many will set their tones on the majority as reasons for their problems. In restropect,the chinese minority in msia or indonesia also grumble about their minority status n how the majority treated them.Its human nature.

I guess the other reason lies in the fact that they being laid back,easy going n not in the fast lane as the majority,they feel a certain despair. They have a feeling wrongly that they r taken for a ride which is not true. In the Malay Dilemma,mahatir wrote abt a normal scene in 60s msia.On a queue for petrol,he noticed that the malays were chin chai n were not as rush as the chinese.When the chinese cut the queue or when the chinesd ask to be on the front,they mostly say ok..so some chinese took the apportunity to cut n be the first,leaving all the malays behind. This is not wrhong.The chinese being naturally on the ball in everything they do get the cake first.

Yes,mahatir used this to justify his NEP,but the reality is there. So some stlll have the feeling that they are left behind . So sometimes,spore also gives them extra assitance in order to help them moves in tandem with the country's deveptment.

Hopefully as they are educated n also progress , we will hear less of thise grumbles as well.

The 1st part i understand the 2nd paragraph, i'm not sure what phrase to describe it perhaps something like knowing helplessness? What you're trying to say in the 2nd paragraph is like the malays feel that their lifestyle is being threatened by the chinese and they have to adopt the chinese way of living which isn't what they are used to and hence they adopt this extremely sensitive type of behavior? Well the chinese didn't take them for a ride and in fact that attitude is wrong.

Suppose let's say i'm the school or the community's champion 100 metre dash runner and complete 100m in 13 secs. All of a sudden someone new comes in one day and defeats me by running in 10 secs can i then actually complain that i need to work harder to try and run less than 10 secs? Obviously not. It's just how the way the world works. Now if sg had oil for eg then nobody would need to work that hard. Chinese ppl are able to mentally overcome hardships to find success and not becos they are unfeeling robots that only care for money which ppl just love to perpetuate.

I feel that giving them too much face isn't the solution. Putting a strong stand and a don't fuck with me attitude will cure this behavior from them.

Yes...you are absolutely right.

But i think as people not native to the country their grandparents came from,
there is a give n take attitude. The chinese n indians came n live in the country n even though they contribute immensely to their country of adoption,they are aware that the natives r there all along n nature has give them the laid back,easy going lifestyle that r different from them.So,u cannot change them . So there is a difference in lifestyle n attitude. The natives enjoy life and uses the bountiful nature their country has given them for their own subsistence but the chinese uses nature to make a profit. Whether it is right or wrong depends on who sees it. For eg,my uncle told how the malay fisherman caught just few ikan kuraus even the seas have thousands of them,bring it home,cook for the fsmily n thats it. My uncle is different. He saw the bountiful catch n hiring few frens,he caught them in the hunfreds n sold to the villages n restaurents.

When the malays came in a day or two,they realised that the fishes are gone. They just caught some n small fishes. As commercial fishing by the enterprising chinese becomes more,the malay fishermans has lesser catches n some ended up buying from the chinese merchants at market rates

So there is a difference in living their life,about satisfaction. There is no right or wrong just differing perceptions of what they want in life. It is when they are aware that they suddenly feel cheated. The chinese who see things in profit margin thinks it is not wrong to fish commercially n building up business n fushing industries.

So there r different perceptions. The natives also things that all ppl enjoy like cars,lcds. But maybe a minority didnt realised that the society they lives is different so they ended up cannot pay for the expensive things they buy.

So it is give n take. The differences will forever be there just be a little tolerant. A malaysian chinese fruends from Sabah once told me that the one thing they can learnt from the natives us to take things abit easy n enjoy life as it goes so as to minimise the suicide rates of chinese in malaysia who tend to take their lives even with mundane failures like exams failing or business failures.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not all chinese act like that and not all malays relak and furthermore who doesn't want to relak? Chinese do it cos they want to succeed and that's why you see places with chinese majority tend to have higher standards of living. Races similar to the chinese and come from the chinese like koreans and japs are like this too and they have similar or the same work ethic.

You know we should employ this working thing to all aspects of life then. Why bother working out to be fit, strong and have a good body? Take it easy rest at home. Why bother working to run your business? Why bother working on improving your pc program for eg? Why bother to improve your country's car technology?

You see ppl just take this chinese hard working thing and twist it to make it seem like chinese are simply doing it for the money alone not interest for eg and there's nothing wrong with that. Chinese officer worker works 9 hours, malay one works 6 hours whom should employers employ?

Chinese doctors use their work ethnic to work round the clock to find a cure for cancer. How about looking at this from this angle? Maybe it should be chinese doctors work round the clock to make even more money to find the cure for cancer.

Anyway yeah i see your point.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for understanding my point.

Yes..there are good n bad ppl in all societies.

The east asians including the Japanese n koreans like the chinese are Confucian inspired n therefore have different aspirations from the SEA natives.

The Malaysian n Indonesian govt n ppl seems to have better impression of the koreans n japanese.The Japanese likes the malay ppl esp. I think the problems with chinese lies in the fact they stay permanently in the country unlike the japaness or koreans. So this is a immigration issue. The natives do not really want such smart n hardworking coming over to use the country resources n enriching themselves. This may be wrong but things r just like that..its the same here. Sporeans chinese loves to travel to china or praise china rise but they were strongly against the prcs coming over to work n be permanent residents here.This is human nature.

There r good n bad chinese. Some understsnd n treat their natives well.Some despise the natives as purposely lazy n unmotivated. My chinese friend from Indonesia acknowledge his grandpa sometimes charge the natives more higher price just because he despise them. I was taken aback. It is these minority chinese that ppl stereotype them as money face.

Fortunately,majority r understanding with a give n take attitude to live n let live.People are created differently with different culture n inspirations. As far as i know,the natives r good in arts n music n many of them are members of the chaozhou traditional orchestra helping the chinesd preserve their traditional music in Singkawan,sarawak n even in Thailand.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
..A 75-year-old mother has filed a suit against her 39-year-old son, Zulfikar Ali Kappukal Abdul Wahab Kashmiri, and his wife for allegedly selling her four-room flat in Telok Blangah without her permission while she was away, reported The Straits Times (ST).

The widow, Nelukkara Mohamed Abdullah Fatimah Zaharah, is seeking to recover S$430,000, the amount for which the flat was sold.

The son, a tourism officer, claimed in his defence that he acted as in accordance with his mother’s wish to put the flat up for sale and give the proceeds to him and his younger brother, a 26-year-old shop assistant.

According to the same paper, court documents filed by Nelukkara's lawyer, V. Ramakrishan, state that in April 2009, Zulfikar Ali obtained a power of attorney from his mother in order to rent it out.

She signed the document but said she was not informed it would also grant him the power to sell the flat, ST reported.

Yahoo! Singapore understands that Zulfikar Ali is denying all the allegations in defence papers prepared by lawyer Mohamed Baiross.

The defence papers state that it was Nelukkara who had asked her son to make arrangements for the flat to be sold.

In court papers, Nelukkara alleged that the proceeds had not been equally shared, but Zulfikar Ali claimed he split the money equally with his younger brother.

Nelukkara, who has another 50-year-old son and a 42-year-old daughter she lives with, claimed that she could not possibly have chosen to give the money to only two of her children, said ST.

According to the defence papers, the accused believed the suit was filed because the mother-son relationship had been strained at the instigation of his sister after the proceeds of the sale had been distributed.

The case will be heard in the High Court next year.

.... ..

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..A 75-year-old mother has filed a suit against her 39-year-old son, Zulfikar Ali Kappukal Abdul Wahab Kashmiri, and his wife for allegedly selling her four-room flat in Telok Blangah without her permission while she was away, reported The Straits Times (ST).

The widow, Nelukkara Mohamed Abdullah Fatimah Zaharah, is seeking to recover S$430,000, the amount for which the flat was sold.

The son, a tourism officer, claimed in his defence that he acted as in accordance with his mother’s wish to put the flat up for sale and give the proceeds to him and his younger brother, a 26-year-old shop assistant.

.... ..

What i thought only chinese did that? These must be chinese.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes...i am not sure whether this is true but i remember a friend from India remarking how the Indian Muslims n the chinese share similar prowess in doing business.

Like the chinese,they have done pretty well in business like Mustafa,food business n small retail business such as mama shops.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes...i am not sure whether this is true but i remember a friend from India remarking how the Indian Muslims n the chinese share similar prowess in doing business.

Like the chinese,they have done pretty well in business like Mustafa,food business n small retail business such as mama shops.

ok and what does this have to do with this thread?

I see this thread as just walking a thin fine line in finding ways and means to praise malays to the skies and excuse them for all their shortcomings making good of all their supposed -ve traits and not only that praise others like indian muslims. Like the mother suing the son for the sale of the flat isn't a malay family but an india muslim one, then later shows that indian muslims are good business ppl like the chinese.

So could we then say indian muslims are greedy for money and heartless only money minded like the chinese? Of course not that only specifically applies to chinese ppl. Indian muslims are good in business but are very generous and care alot about life but are still good in business.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
o
ok and what does this have to do with this thread?

I see this thread as just walking a thin fine line in finding ways and means to praise malays to the skies and excuse them for all their shortcomings making good of all their supposed -ve traits and not only that praise others like indian muslims. Like the mother suing the son for the sale of the flat isn't a malay family but an india muslim one, then later shows that indian muslims are good business ppl like the chinese.

So could we then say indian muslims are greedy for money and heartless only money minded like the chinese? Of course not that only specifically applies to chinese ppl. Indian muslims are good in business but are very generous and care alot about life but are still good in business.

Brother, just see what the Royal Malaysian Air Force did recently in helping to save our Singapore "adventurers" from the jungle.

Many of their crew will surely be ethnic Malays. I do not want to argue but the fact is clear.

Only those "Singapore Indiana Jones adventurers" will know their true ethnicity.

There is a world of a difference between the Indian Muslims and Malay Muslims.

The former may be materialistic but the latter are truly filial to their parents.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
o

Brother, just see what the Royal Malaysian Air Force did recently in helping to save our Singapore "adventurers" from the jungle.

Many of their crew will surely be ethnic Malays. I do not want to argue but the fact is clear.

Only those "Singapore Indiana Jones adventurers" will know their true ethnicity.

There is a world of a difference between the Indian Muslims and Malay Muslims.

The former may be materialistic but the latter are truly filial to their parents.

Oh please!!! :rolleyes: They are hired to save the sinkies. If a bunch of malaysians were stranded in some sinkie jungle the sinkie and the Singapore air force saved them they would be chinese but that alone doesn't prove that chinese are kind hearted correct?

in short this thread can be summed up as it's ok to stereotype others postively as long as they aren't chinese.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh please!!! :rolleyes: They are hired to save the sinkies. If a bunch of malaysians were stranded in some sinkie jungle the sinkie and the Singapore air force saved them they would be chinese but that alone doesn't prove that chinese are kind hearted correct?

in short this thread can be summed up as it's ok to stereotype others postively as long as they aren't chinese.

Bro, the Chinese here are also a very gracious people. They help anyone when there is a need. You can see for yourself...

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Members of a family who repeatedly tortured a 10-year-old relative over two years and left him permanently disfigured have been sentenced to jail.

The case has been described by a District Court judge as "one of the worst cases of causing grievous hurt".

The accused cannot be named to protect the identity of the boy.

The court heard that the boy, who is not schooling, had been living with the family in a rented unit in Ang Mo Kio since he was four years old when his biological mother was serving jail term.

In 2010, his grandaunt hit him on his mouth with a hammer, causing a tooth to fall off and his mouth to bleed. This was after the grandaunt found out he had finished some fried rice meant for the family.

A few months after the incident, the boy was again abused for stealing food and playing with the knobs of the gas stove.

His grandaunt asked her three daughters to restrain the boy while she splashed hot cooking oil on his face and body.

She also cut his fingers with a pair of scissors, and pressed a hot iron and ladle on him.

She tied his hands and taped his mouth with a cable tie and scotch tape, after she caught him stealing food again.

The boy now suffers from facial deformities, including a distorted lip margin and a flattened nasal bridge.

For their crimes, the boy's 44-year-old grandaunt received a five-year jail term.

Her 24-year-old daughter got 20 months' jail for abetment of voluntarily causing hurt. She was given another two months' jail for four counts of cheating her former employer, who runs a cleaning services company, of more than S$2,200.

Another daughter, who is 20 years old, was also sentenced to 20 months in prison.

The youngest daughter, who is 14 years old, was sentenced earlier this year to probation.

The woman's ex-husband will be sentenced early next year.

The boy is said to have a habit of asking food every five minutes and helping himself to whatever food that was available.

Defence lawyer M S Rajendran said that this aggravated the family's financial struggles as they had "very little to eat and spend".

He told the court that the grandaunt, who used to work as a cleaner, was "not a heartless person" and "merely wanted to frighten" the boy.

The court heard that the woman and her daughters would comfort the boy and apply medication on his wounds after the punishment.

The woman, who remained stoic while her charges were read out, later broke down when the court was hearing her mitigation plea.

She continued tearing when Assistant Public Prosecutor Ashraff Hassan read out the charges against her daughters.

Her 24-year-old daughter, who started a company with her fiancee last year, looked down while her sentence was read out.

Guess the race :biggrin: (clues in red)

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
In M'sia, Chinese and Malays don't mix, don't live in same neighbourhood. We call Chinese our people and Malays their people. All the Tamans are Chinese and all the Kampungs are Malay. All the coffeeshops are either all Chinese stalls or all Malay stalls, no mixing of stalls in the same coffeeshop.