• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The majority oppies here..

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many oppies here posts regularly about the terrible government oppressing the poor hardworking people of Singapore. According to them, the people are wise and noble, the Government is evil. But after last week, when more than a million people turn up to pay their last respects to the late Lee Kuan Yew, they writes that the people are all fools and idiots. Apparently people are only wise when they agree with your politics eh.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many oppies here posts regularly about the terrible government oppressing the poor hardworking people of Singapore. According to them, the people are wise and noble, the Government is evil. But after last week, when more than a million people turn up to pay their last respects to the late Lee Kuan Yew, they writes that the people are all fools and idiots. Apparently people are only wise when they agree with your politics eh.

The million people that turned up are typically the below categories :
1. Retirees that are not much impacted by the gov policies
2. Students that are too young to know anything
3. civil servants , glcs that are serving the master without knowing their near future yet
4. minority of the upper class sinkie that are not much impacted by gov policies
5. poor sinkies that are being screwed again and again but wanted to be a kaypoh chee to just join in queues (some are oppo some are not)
6. FTs and especially PRs. Almost all my PR acquaintance are very thankful to pap to allow them to come in and share sinkie pie. LKY is a GOD to them as mentioned by some of them to me.

Conclusion is that ONLY people that has been impacted by the gov policies hated the gov. The level of hatred depends on how much the policies has impacted them.
It is not about who is wiser and who has to agree at this point of time. All I can say a WISE person will not only start to regret when things are too late for them. If other people can be impacted by the policies, there is a possibility that it will be their turn in future. Hope this simple words make sense to pap supporter.

P.S. personally the major impact to me is depriving me a job. Among all other screwed up policies, this is considered RED major impact. Without a job, any other policies - cpf, hdb, car, marriage no longer make sense to me.

Last edited:

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
The million people that turned up are typically the below categories :
1. Retirees that are not much impacted by the gov policies
2. Students that are too young to know anything
3. civil servants , glcs that are serving the master without knowing their near future yet
4. minority of the upper class sinkie that are not much impacted by gov policies
5. poor sinkies that are being screwed again and again but wanted to be a kaypoh chee to just join in queues (some are oppo some are not)
6. FTs and especially PRs. Almost all my PR acquaintance are very thankful to pap to allow them to come in and share sinkie pie. LKY is a GOD to them as mentioned by some of them to me.

Conclusion is that ONLY people that has been impacted by the gov policies hated the gov. The level of hatred depends on how much the policies has impacted them.
It is not about who is wiser and who has to agree at this point of time. All I can say a WISE person will not only start to regret when things are too late for them. If other people can be impacted by the policies, there is a possibility that it will be their turn in future. Hope this simple words make sense to pap supporter.

P.S. personally the major impact to me is depriving me a job. Among all other screwed up policies, this is considered RED major impact. Without a job, any other policies - cpf, hdb, car, marriage no longer make sense to me.

Well said.prs n new citizens make up half of those queing up

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
the opposition party abuses two weakness of Singaporean, emotions and an excessive sense of entitlement.
Their rhetoric is always about "getting in touch with the ground", "Singaporean first" and the hype.

The opposition understand that there will always be someone unhappy because you can never satisfy everyone.
They prey on this by appealing to emotions. it works, people are triggered by their emotions and they are motivated to vote against PAP.
But when their emotions gradually returns to normal. Logic kicks in, the people know that the opposition have nothing to show for, they vote for PAP.

Singapore is a first world because of the hardworking individuals. We are technologically advanced and is able to accommodate the luxurious lifestyle.
Some individuals are infected by an excessive sense of entitlement. They start to compare their job, wages, car, education, child's achievements, spouse, house ,food or lifestyle.

we work so hard and this is what we get?

They become unsatisfied, unhappy and outright jealous.
they start to question why they do not have this and that. Why is this not better than this. They believe they are entitled to more.
unfortunately, life is a struggle, we do not always get what we want. They cannot fathom their setbacks, their sense of entitlement kicks in.
Instead of working to become a better man.
They blame their government, their family background, their circumstances and never themselves.

On the other hand, when life is good and they get what they want. they forgot about PAP. They take it for granted, they assume that is how Singaporean life is.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of being a proposition or opposition sapporters.

Paying respect to our founding father is the only least any Singaporean could do.

No big deal lah!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You very stupid, you know. You can't even figure out simple things.
If sinkees are wise, then they wouldn't vote in a government that is screwing them up.

That's why they are idiots.

It is the job of the Opposition to help sinkees see how the PAP is screwing them and make them poor.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the opposition party abuses two weakness of Singaporean, emotions and an excessive sense of entitlement.
Their rhetoric is always about "getting in touch with the ground", "Singaporean first" and the hype.

There is nothing to abuse if the PAP government puts sinkees' interests first. But it hasn't for the past few decades and has gone overboard with its policies to feed the cronies.
The PAP is a master of its doom.

The opposition understand that there will always be someone unhappy because you can never satisfy everyone.
They prey on this by appealing to emotions. it works, people are triggered by their emotions and they are motivated to vote against PAP.
But when their emotions gradually returns to normal. Logic kicks in, the people know that the opposition have nothing to show for, they vote for PAP.
Gosh, 7 days of Lee Cons U ...what is that? All the crying by PAP ministars, what is that?

Singapore is a first world because of the hardworking individuals. We are technologically advanced and is able to accommodate the luxurious lifestyle.
Some individuals are infected by an excessive sense of entitlement. They start to compare their job, wages, car, education, child's achievements, spouse, house ,food or lifestyle.
What luxurious lifestyle? We got swiss standard of living for the working class ah?

On the other hand, when life is good and they get what they want. they forgot about PAP. They take it for granted, they assume that is how Singaporean life is.
You give too much credit to PAP.
Why is the PAP complaining? Everyone of the PAP politician is a millionaire. Cronies are multi-millionaires. Sinkees have tolerated those abuses for decades until PAP thumb their noses at sinkees. 2.9 million foreigners vs 2.5 sinkees - that is the big problem created by the PAP.

All sinkees are entitled to a middle class lifestyle. If PAP can't deliver, then it should be booted out and made to pay for the abuses it had done to sinkees over the decades.