• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The late Samad Ismail

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could not help but notice that no one had raised a thread on this man who was in the midst of Singapore's formation. In many ways he was central to the Politics of Singapore than Malaysia. He was the original member of the Oxley Rise basement gang that led to the formation of PAP. He was also the liaision interestingly between the English educated led by Lee, Goh and Raja and the Chinese Educated Lim and Fong. He mediated and brought them together.

It has been said that Samad Ismail built the platform for Old Man to enter politics in the mid 50s on a broad front. Considered the party idealogue for the left and a man feared by the old man. Many have long suspected that he outranked Eu Chooi Yip.

He took a lot of secrets with him.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that he chose correctly and wisely to be Malaysian and headed the New Straits Times there. I don't think that the PAP would allow any Malay to head any English language newspaper in Singapore.

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could not help but notice that no one had raised a thread on this man who was in the midst of Singapore's formation. In many ways he was central to the Politics of Singapore than Malaysia.

He took a lot of secrets with him.

=======================================

This guy was a true blue Communist.

His code name was "Laniaz" . (Zainal spelt backwards)

Only Ghazali Shafie believed .........:( :(:(

Ghazali Shafie once said of this guy: "Ini lah manusia bernama Samad..."

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's past has passed. Even Lim Chin Siong has been dead for more than a decade. Past lessons should be learned but more importantly, let's look forward to the future. Otherwise, miring in the past would only stop us moving forward.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interestingly enough I notice Dr Chee appears to be quite fixated on past characters like Lim Chin Siong, Chia Thye Poh, Tan Wah Piow and Vincent Cheng. Perhaps Dr Chee wishes to leverage on some sort of moral high ground to court support, but unfortunately I do not think Singaporeans in general are that interested in the political past.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once again, moral high grounds on the past are for lessons to be learned. only. To succeed, one needs to be on higher grounds, morally or otherwise, in the future.