• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The investment thread (Finally)

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is on top of the foreigners levy of RM13,000 when u purchase a property.

In Johor, the annual assessment rate for residential properties is 0.14% of the property value and 0.2% for business holdings. For a RM500,000 (S$204,000) house, owners need to pay RM700 a year.

This reminds me of what my uncle said when he was burnt many years ago for buying in Johor "The moment they suck u in,the suka change their law"

Bro, better than Sinkieland. We are chained here and continued to be squeezed dry. At least in Bolehland, we have a choice. :biggrin:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Fund Transfer.

Not that I do not respect Warren Buffet.

But what is published is always nice to read and logical.

How does one know what is the value at right price? Investment is always a gamble. Luck plays a big part as well.

Call me a gambler but that's how you make big money.

Well said. I agree. Timing is important.

That's why I am always grateful to my friend who held me by the scruff of my collar and insisted that I look at Iskandar some years back. Who knows, maybe we should be looking at Indonesia currently when the property market is growing by 20% without any signficant mortgage market in place.

Always good to look at fresh pastures if it has been grazed.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The place must die first for "Tax Haven" to materialised.

If the place can boom by itself without being a Tax Haven; there is no reason for the Federal Govt to do it.

Bro schtaw

Agree that being designated as a Tax Haven would be great. But wasn't Labuan one such place for Malaysia?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is on top of the foreigners levy of RM13,000 when u purchase a property.

In Johor, the annual assessment rate for residential properties is 0.14% of the property value and 0.2% for business holdings. For a RM500,000 (S$204,000) house, owners need to pay RM700 a year.

This reminds me of what my uncle said when he was burnt many years ago for buying in Johor "The moment they suck u in,the suka change their law"

Aiyo , this is first review after 30yrs , where got suka suka ? In Singapore , every few months they come out new laws in addition to the existing out dated ones . One example is the recent licensing of news websites.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree, but which govt doesn't . Sg Kenna suck ERP like nobody business. Car park suck even more than petrol.

That itself a week is already more than the property taxes.

In Sg, the garmen depts compete with one another and falling over one another to see who raise prices the most. Just like last time the LTA wants to build a 500 mio tok kong building to rent out half and collect rental to pay themselves obscene salary. All because collected lots of COE money. Another one is the Hdb night parking can suka suka jumps 100% from $2 to $4.
They wins hand down in the whole world in sucking money and suka suka sucks and paying obscene salary.

inikalilah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Steady la!! we all kena suck so dry until numb already.

Just a little worried that now things are going so well for Iskandar to mature,last thing we wanna see is the gahmen implement rules that may scare foreigners n investors away.

BTW, BRDB new canal housing launching soon!!!Get ready your ammo!

Bro wuqi,any info??group buy lai le

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this is JB investment....but have anyone invested in manila condo before ? Thinking of getting into the market.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this is JB investment....but have anyone invested in manila condo before ? Thinking of getting into the market.

Not cheap too. A good apartment in Makati could cost you more than S$300 psf easily. Significant disposal costs amounting to 5%. Fueled largely by huge capital inflows and expensive stock market.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprised few here talk about KL, other than a few big guns.

KL is afterall still one of the cheapest capital cities in Asia for property.

Not cheap too. A good apartment in Makati could cost you more than S$300 psf easily. Significant disposal costs amounting to 5%. Fueled largely by huge capital inflows and expensive stock market.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprised few here talk about KL, other than a few big guns.

KL is afterall still one of the cheapest capital cities in Asia for property.

I second that!!!

But the market is a little further than Iskandar.

Tropicana Gardens looks interesting to me.

A certain Bro LordEthan is quite conversant on KL market too. Not seen him around.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Wolverine,

Investment is a gamble when you don't do any research but if you did, it's all about risk mitigation.

If you want to triple your investments, you have to look for big deals! It is very unfair that big deals are usually meant for those who has stacks of cash. Warren buys companies while some thought he was buying shares like you and me! He bought it at a discount while you and me buys it at market price. Back to property, you have to search for big deals. Yes, it is easy to say but how to do it? What is a big deal?

PM me if you want me to share some thoughts. P/s I am not a real estate agent nor anything to do with this industry. Just a blessed investor and happy to share my thoughts/learnings.

Your statements/goal reminded me about myself! I used to call myself a diehard gambler.

Cheers
N

Hi Nusajaya,

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Can you share it either via PM or here in this thread?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have formed more or less a consistent way to look at an investment, decision or undertaking(learnt from expert poker players)

For me, each investment, decision or undertaking(i call a bet) always could be looked at from the probability view point.

Each bet has a probability of being right(Pr) and a probability of being wrong(Pw). When a bet is taken and the investor is right, he earns the gain for being right. Conversely, when the investor is wrong, he incurs a loss for being wrong.

I make a decision to bet or not based on the possibility to determine how big the difference is*

[(Pr x gain) - (Pw x loss) ] > threshold

With the difference being the larger the better for the bet.

The difficulty is that it is always difficult to work out precise probability in a bet(unlike probability exam questions). *I always believe the more hard work one puts into research, the more accurate probability would be.
You could use same approach to try to calculate whether you should marry someone, have childrens, pick a school, a type of degree or anything that has a risk factor for that matter.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have formed more or less a consistent way to look at an investment, decision or undertaking(learnt from expert poker players)

For me, each investment, decision or undertaking(i call a bet) always could be looked at from the probability view point.

Each bet has a probability of being right(Pr) and a probability of being wrong(Pw). When a bet is taken and the investor is right, he earns the gain for being right. Conversely, when the investor is wrong, he incurs a loss for being wrong.

I make a decision to bet or not based on the possibility to determine how big the difference is*

[(Pr x gain) - (Pw x loss) ] > threshold

With the difference being the larger the better for the bet.

The difficulty is that it is always difficult to work out precise probability in a bet(unlike probability exam questions). *I always believe the more hard work one puts into research, the more accurate probability would be.
You could use same approach to try to calculate whether you should marry someone, have childrens, pick a school, a type of degree or anything that has a risk factor for that matter.

didn u include LUCK also? "lang suay, chi qiao pian kong kuay" :biggrin:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
didn u include LUCK also? "lang suay, chi qiao pian kong kuay" :biggrin:

To me, the Probability is the luck. The more one works to improve the probability, the more likely one is able to determine probability more accurately to access one's luck in the bet.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, the Probability is the luck. The more one works to improve the probability, the more likely one is able to determine probability more accurately to access one's luck in the bet.

isn't it is statistics. :confused:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
isn't it is statistics. :confused:

In many situations one is not able to get good statistics(except on some games of odds and evens, card games etc) to work out the probability. The mathematical statement I showed very often is just a guide to make decision.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Investments opportunities welcomed. Now have a couple of golf projects to look at in Johor as well as in KL. There is one really nice golf project coming out up north.
Friends asking me to go full time instead of just taking a small cut from developers and yet i have folks thinking i must have 6-10% comms from every deal. If it was really that lucrative, i would have quit already. Instead, still plodding on in my day job.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investments opportunities welcomed. Now have a couple of golf projects to look at in Johor as well as in KL. There is one really nice golf project coming out up north.
Friends asking me to go full time instead of just taking a small cut from developers and yet i have folks thinking i must have 6-10% comms from every deal. If it was really that lucrative, i would have quit already. Instead, still plodding on in my day job.

Just for fun :smile:

My calculation explains why you should plod on

Pr=99%
Gain=20k per month

Pw=1%
Loss=20K per month*

So*

(Pr x gain) - (Pw x loss)
= (0.99 x 20k) - (0.01 x 20K)
= 0.98 x 20k

Which is a very good bet you should keep betting on. :smile: