• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The future of the 40%

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is going to be the norm from now on.

The 40%, what are you waiting for ?

smrt1.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 25% of 2001 has become the 33% of 2006 and now the 40% of 2011. There's good hope for a greater swing next GE. The best is whatever's the percentage whichever party's government, work from home or be globally mobile. This is natural selection in human society. If this place gets too crowded and feeling unliveable, find another place and move on. In this respect, PAP government has always provided freedom of exit (except NSman requiring exit permit).

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
is that photo really taken in singapore ? WTF ,,,,thats crazy !!!!!

It's Singapore. Most likely NEL as what Ramseth mentioned. I hate to think of the day when a train catches fire and the ultra packed train is stuck in the tunnel. It will cost the life of many people. I ever watched a documentary on fires happening in tunnels and the speed of spreading was really fast.
I also have this niggering question I wanted to ask. How safe is the joint between carriages? Will the joint one day because of wear and tear, give way while the train is moving? Imagine what's going to happen those people who loves to stand on those joints.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's Singapore. Most likely NEL as what Ramseth mentioned. I hate to think of the day when a train catches fire and the ultra packed train is stuck in the tunnel. It will cost the life of many people. I ever watched a documentary on fires happening in tunnels and the speed of spreading was really fast.
I also have this niggering question I wanted to ask. How safe is the joint between carriages? Will the joint one day because of wear and tear, give way while the train is moving? Imagine what's going to happen those people who loves to stand on those joints.

bro, like that very scary leh ...its like a time bomb !!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 25% of 2001 has become the 33% of 2006 and now the 40% of 2011. There's good hope for a greater swing next GE. The best is whatever's the percentage whichever party's government, work from home or be globally mobile. This is natural selection in human society. If this place gets too crowded and feeling unliveable, find another place and move on. In this respect, PAP government has always provided freedom of exit (except NSman requiring exit permit).

yeah i'm sure we can tolerate a few more GEs don't worry the PAP won't do a damn thing they'll wait for the oppo to slowly increase.

evian

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is going to be the norm from now on.

The 40%, what are you waiting for ?

smrt1.jpg

This looks photo-shopped. The crowding on the left hand side of the picture nearest the exits looks fake and as incompetent as SMRT staff are, I don't think their crowd controlling skills are this poor.
But I'm happy to be proved wrong if it is indeed genuine but there would be serious Health & Safety issues to answer for.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro pointless thinking of such scenerios. In fact i find sinkies kind of how should i put it rather hardened or used to tragedies. How many ppl have committed suicides due to gambling, loan sharking in various locations? How about the grusome murder where the girl's eyes were even cut out. Sure there were posts on it then in just days ppl forgot about it.

Anyway those were incidents involving a few ppl your scenerio would be a national tragedy.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
do you think the photo was taken in singapore ?

not familiar with NEL, more familiar with EW line :smile::smile::smile:
but the purple color of the boards above the train gates do suggest this is an authentic picture of our NEL, which station exactly, me can't confirm :o:o:o

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This looks photo-shopped. The crowding on the left hand side of the picture nearest the exits looks fake and as incompetent as SMRT staff are, I don't think their crowd controlling skills are this poor.
But I'm happy to be proved wrong if it is indeed genuine.

Do you detect any sort of doctoring done to the picture or were you just merely speculating that the smrt staff were not this incompetent. In cases where the person that wants to PS a picture wants to make a crowd more crowded than it is would usually clone the ppl in the crowd. That's the easiest way to make it even more crowded than it really is. Make more copies of the same ppl so do you see any ppl in the picture that perhaps have the same postures or wear the same clothing?

You should not give smrt the benefit of the doubt. The sg in the past isn't like the sg of today.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
But I'm happy to be proved wrong if it is indeed genuine but there would be serious Health & Safety issues to answer for.

my friend, have a look at the CCTV footage of the Jurong East station platform during peak hours :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serious health and safety issues to answer for? Pray tell who would be responsible for that? Tuck lui? What sort of punishment would he be getting? He'll just come out with some tok cock explaination and it's back to business as usual and you cannot do anything about it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, like that very scary leh ...its like a time bomb !!!

There's a station along North-East Line near my place. Sometimes I use it to go to Hougang or Dhoby Ghaut. Towards Dhoby Ghaut, there're two stations heavily used by Indians, Farrer Park and Little India stations. I've never encountered such a crazy big crowd. I think the picture was taken during peak rush hours.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
not familiar with NEL, more familiar with EW line :smile::smile::smile:
but the purple color of the boards above the train gates do suggest this is an authentic picture of our NEL, which station exactly, me can't confirm :o:o:o

bro if the photo is real ...then good luck to all singaporean liao .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There's a station along North-East Line near my place. Sometimes I use it to go to Hougang or Dhoby Ghaut. Towards Dhoby Ghaut, there're two stations heavily used by Indians, Farrer Park and Little India stations. I've never encountered such a crazy big crowd. I think the picture was taken during peak rush hours.

even if its peak hours ....thats crazy .