• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The full account of how the old man insulted the PhD student

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I felt some of those symptoms but two things were in my favour. First I wasn't new to public speaking, and second, the 'official' spoke for two long when trying to intimidate me, thus giving me time to compose myself. This was what convinced me that we need to rehearse our exchanges with people like LKY. We can beat him but need preparation.

.... does your feet ... feel like jelly ....? and ... your .... breathing .... heavy ....?
totally ... blanked out ..... ?
when it happened to me once, I said "Fuck you" in my mind, did not answer him and left. I still remember a nearby policeman scaring at me (I stare back at with a "kiam pa" look at him)

If Harry Lee do that to me now, I will stare at him and tell him nicely - "You have not answered my question", "Did you listen to what I just asked", " I asked a question first", "If you have no wish to answer that question, I have no wish to listen to you" and "You are wasting my time" :biggrin:.

His weakness is that he thinks he is God. Singaporeans' problem is that they think he is REALLY God.

My weakness is in annoying people like him. I may not be sharp, but I can stay focus on my point and not let him interrupt my thoughts :biggrin:

How many policy mistakes have he made, because no one - I repeat - NO ONE, dare to criticise.

kepala butoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I pity Lee Kuan Yew - or more to the point - I seriously sympathise with him. If this fucking with PhD potential can't expect to ask a simple question and answer simple questions, then she's obviously a simpleton.

If your enquiring mind asks questions but is so devoid of any form of Soctratic thought or banter, then what sort of cognitive process exists between your ears? Obviously you come from the school (sic) of textbook learning.

You tried to ingratiate and do the old ball carry - face it guys, the question was pretty dumb to begin with and the Old Man asked questions to highlight the gravity of the situation.

And to all you guys out there who thought it was insulting, you must be a bunch of gutless, brainless WIMPS!!!:oIo:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kepala butoh said:
Sometimes I pity Lee Kuan Yew - or more to the point - I seriously sympathise with him. If this fucking with PhD potential can't expect to ask a simple question and answer simple questions, then she's obviously a simpleton.

If your enquiring mind asks questions but is so devoid of any form of Soctratic thought or banter, then what sort of cognitive process exists between your ears? Obviously you come from the school (sic) of textbook learning.

You tried to ingratiate and do the old ball carry - face it guys, the question was pretty dumb to begin with and the Old Man asked questions to highlight the gravity of the situation.

And to all you guys out there who thought it was insulting, you must be a bunch of gutless, brainless WIMPS!!!:oIo:

It was a simple question but she did not get a simple answer.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
u did well bro...same as that chap at NUS quite afew yrs ago who politely yet firmly stood his grd..

another one that comes to mind is when a local bloomberg journalist asked harry a Q in which he replied by asking her which school did she come fm n was she a singaporean...she politely replied n added that these facts had nothing to do wif her Q...left harry quite stunned..

Here's what I've done in the past, albeit to a lesser light. I asked a question and got a response in the form of a question designed to diminish my credibility. I was quite intimidated but managed to compose myself. When he stopped talking, I ignored his question and repeated mine. I got a rant about something or the other, but mainly suggestions that I should not be asking the question. I waited until there was a pause, and repeated my question. Same rubbish from him. When I could, I said, 'it's obvious you do not have an answer to my simple question.'

I then returned to my seat. He was quite stunned.

As I've said, this is not easy under the pressure of public speaking, it has to be rehearsed.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is just addicted to law and bully techniques.

Q. How come you say one but actually there're two?
A. What's your NRIC number and father's name?

Q. That's irrelevant, answer my question first please.
A. That's very relevant. I must have your background to form an informed opinion.

Q. What has that got to do with it? It's a general question.
A. It has everything to do with it. If you can't understand it, how can you say it's irrelevant?

Q. I'm asking it exactly because I don't understand it.
A. There you have it. You don't understand what you're asking.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well put. It's not easy to deal with bullies like LKY. And you have to decide right from the beginning whether or not to even refer to his questions. The moment you do, he can spin you around. I've come to decide NOT to even acknowledge such questions if they are asked.

LKY is just addicted to law and bully techniques.

Q. How come you say one but actually there're two?
A. What's your NRIC number and father's name?

Q. That's irrelevant, answer my question first please.
A. That's very relevant. I must have your background to form an informed opinion.

Q. What has that got to do with it? It's a general question.
A. It has everything to do with it. If you can't understand it, how can you say it's irrelevant?

Q. I'm asking it exactly because I don't understand it.
A. There you have it. You don't understand what you're asking.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spare the old man. He was trying to emphasize the point that "suitable baby bearing" girl like her is not considering marriage and thus giving birth to Singaporean babies NOW before it is "too late". Hence, the reason for big influx of immigrants.

As one said, MM is MM. Don't think he is trying to insult that girl.

LKY should be REMINDED that HE, as the then PM, was the ARCHITECT of the 'Stop at 2 Policy' and HE was AGAIN the ARCHITECT of the "ABORTION ACT" which accounted for 12200 abortions in 2008 and the abortion figures are not abating either.

The very same person is now shedding 'CROCODILE TEARS' again over the lack of babies in Singapore necessitating taking in immigrants!

Last edited:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people expect LKY to be rational and intelligent when faced with reasonable question. As such, we do not prepare ourselves for a polemic exchange. It was not the fault of the PhD student who probably just wanted to hear that logical answer.

LKY has done this before, so it is no excuse that you do not expect it.

Notwistanding that, a PhD student doesn't possess the brain to think on her toes and give a proper retort ... this is sad. Does this mean that our elite cannot think out of the box, outside the syllabus?

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen other world leaders openly apologizing for their mistakes in policies but I have never seen our leaders doing the same. In return, we the citizens are now being blamed for the low birthrate and fast ageing population and forced to swallow this bitter pill and accept the mass influx of immigrants to boosting our population.

this girl may want to consider joining opposition parties to stand against PAP.