• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The fallen myth of the super talented ministers

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given their performances that often were pedestrian, given the fact that many a times they were lost as to what to do and needing the aunties and uncles and even school children to give them ideas, the phrase super talents takes on a strange meaning. It may be super talents in the sense that they know how to get solutions from the people, not necessary from their heads. Now this is a rare skill I am sure many will agree, getting paid in millions and asking the people for solutions.

The other point is that many Sinkies are having second thoughts that they are over paying super talents that are not super in their expectation, imagination and liking. The super talents are not seen as super talents anymore. The people do not believe so and many are questioning their abilities as super talents. One thing for sure, over the last twenty years, there were hardly anything that could make the super talents stand out as exceptional, in policies and decision making. They were very ordinary, like the ordinary Sinkies.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is fallen myth?

Myth by itself is good enough. No need to say fallen.

Not the same as fallen angels, because myth by itself means 'false'; 'fallacy'.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just saw Kevin Rudd election Q&A by it's people.
I don't think any SG minister & PM can handle it.
The only answer they can think of without preparation are:
1. I don't know what to say
2. What do you think?
3. I'll sue you.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given their performances that often were pedestrian, given the fact that many a times they were lost as to what to do and needing the aunties and uncles and even school children to give them ideas, the phrase super talents takes on a strange meaning. It may be super talents in the sense that they know how to get solutions from the people, not necessary from their heads. Now this is a rare skill I am sure many will agree, getting paid in millions and asking the people for solutions.

The other point is that many Sinkies are having second thoughts that they are over paying super talents that are not super in their expectation, imagination and liking. The super talents are not seen as super talents anymore. The people do not believe so and many are questioning their abilities as super talents. One thing for sure, over the last twenty years, there were hardly anything that could make the super talents stand out as exceptional, in policies and decision making. They were very ordinary, like the ordinary Sinkies.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

They were not "super" ministers...they were just pushing the Washington consensus.

jw5

Loyal
There used to be this clownish term - "heavyweight ministars".

Nowadays nobody seems to use it anymore. :rolleyes: