• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Empress' New Clothes?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I keep reading this over and over again these few days-- that Mrs Lee's death is a great loss to Singapore. Exactly how is her death a great loss to Singapore?

I have tried very hard to think of one reason, but I can't. Can anyone who is smart come up with a reason as to why her death is a great loss to Singapore?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I keep reading this over and over again these few days-- that Mrs Lee's death is a great loss to Singapore. Exactly how is her death a great loss to Singapore?

I have tried very hard to think of one reason, but I can't. Can anyone who is smart come up with a reason as to why her death is a great loss to Singapore?

These days the success of SG depends greatly not only the politicians, also their wives.. parents etc..

Running a country is no longer an individual's efforts. It is the entire family thingy.. get it ? Hence, her death is a great loss to Singapore...

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
true, imagine having to take care of so many kids by yourself...and have to juggle between family and work...

beri tough for woman like her...without her support, SGP will not be like it is today...

i wonder if lky will be busy thinking of strategies to arrest people under ISA, if he has to change the diapers and carry babies all the time...

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Correction. Should be a great relief to ordinary Singaporeans.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Singapore will be a better place with her alive than dead?

Errr.. All I can say is.. without LEE & LEE, HDB will be heading nowhere with their conveyancing works. 2 great teams in partnership will prosper together. Errr, I have no comment on the peasants.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are these some of the reasons that she was a great loss to Singapore??

--------------------------

Oct 5, 2010
REMEMBERING MRS LEE 1920 - 2010
Foreign students at Mrs Lee's wake
By Vanessa Jalleh & Hannah Koh

Ms Marie Pereira (in black) who had been updating the students on news reports about Mrs Lee Kuan Yew since she died last Saturday, had brought more than 20 of her foreign students to the wake on Tuesday. -- PHOTO: KEE YA TING

MS MARIE Pereira, a teacher at Informatics, brought more than 20 of her foreign students to Mrs Lee Kuan Yew's wake on Tuesday to pay their respects as she feels that this is a meaningful way for them to be involved in an occasion that has drawn Singaporeans together for the last few days.

She has also been updating the students on news reports about Minister Mentor's wife since she died last Saturday after a long illness. On Monday and Tuesday, some 10,000 people have gone to the Istana to pay their respects to her.

Interested to know more about the woman who has been acknowledged as 'the mother of the country,' the students told Ms Pereira that they too would like to pay their last respects to Mrs Lee, even though some of them have only been in Singapore for a year and had just heard of her over the weekend.

One of them was Yan Jia Jia, 20, from Anhui province in China. She came to Singapore this year, but went with her schoolmates to give tribute to Mrs Lee, whom she said must be 'a great lady'.

'I saw a report on TV about how both Mr and Mrs Lee worked hard for the prosperity of Singapore. I was very touched,' she told straitstimes.com after pay her respects on Tuesday.

Ms Pereira recalled attending a Hong Kong Bank event at the Fullerton Building in 1984, at which MM Lee, then Prime Minister, gave a speech.

She said that as Mr Lee delivered his speech, Mrs Lee, who was also present, gave him her full attention, which Ms Pereira said was an act of true 'dedication'.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

U are correct, there is no loss and there isn't any unless LKY was sacked by his party once and then return to power again then she has a role in it.

Only if CSJ wife die there is a great loss to Singapore. Why? Simple CSJ wife doesn't get free big gov housing, free cooks, free meals, free maids, free gardeners, free drivers and cleaners unlike LKY wife got it all.

CSJ wife have to work to support her husband (CJS kena kickout no work and get pittance $$ from his party) and have to juggle works and care for her children and family. CJS went to jail she lose everything and have to support her children all by herself. A price she has to pay for marrying a politician.

Compare Kwa and CSJ wife you find a huge difference in life style and in conclusion Kwa death was no loss to Singapore.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>One of them was Yan Jia Jia, 20, from Anhui province in China. She came to Singapore this year, but went with her schoolmates to give tribute to Mrs Lee, whom she said must be 'a great lady'.<<

What a cocksucker. The PRCs are known for being heartless and look up to money only. I can guess that someone paid her to go.

R

redlightmeansgo

i wonder how many FTs and PRs have turned up in the past days by their own volition

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wife and children dies great loss to the country. Brothers and in laws dies great loss to the business community.
Welcome to the Lee country.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, they abolish estate duty before her death, the state cannot tax her estate hence the loss is indeed great.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are these some of the reasons that she was a great loss to Singapore??

--------------------------

Oct 5, 2010
REMEMBERING MRS LEE 1920 - 2010

On Monday and Tuesday, some 10,000 people have gone to the Istana to pay their respects to her.

Only 10,000 have so far gone to pay their respect?

When the S'pore chief Buddhist abbot, Venerable Seck Hong Choon of Kong Meng San passed away on the
25th Dec 1990, more than 250,000 went to pay him their respects without any spin from the Straits Times.

Mind you, in 1990 we had a much smaller population; at most 2.5m.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Thanks to my great MIW propaganda, my wife has turned from ZERO to HERO.
That's a really good deal indeed.:biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the work of por-lampars working in the state controlled mass media, been headline news in every major papers since last weekend morning, the outpour of grief is irrational as the mass media mourns.

For every box office bomb they will always be idoits who pays to watch the movie at the cinema. Can live until 90 is very good life already, really must celebrate instead the 154th keep spinning out crap.

Tomolo's the cremation, I think some people in SPH will mourn for a month!

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the work of por-lampars working in the state controlled mass media, been headline news in every major papers since last weekend morning, the outpour of grief is irrational as the mass media mourns.

For every box office bomb they will always be idoits who pays to watch the movie at the cinema. Can live until 90 is very good life already, really must celebrate instead the 154th keep spinning out crap.

Tomolo's the cremation, I think some people in SPH will mourn for a month!

This begs the inevitable question, when the Old Man kicks the bucket, won't Singaporeans have to whip themselves to frenzy and cry till their eyes bloat, or worse? I mean if we can be so hysterical over the death of a woman who has not done any public service whatsoever in the past 50 years, surely the only way to honor LKY is to kill ourselves and die with him.