• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Bizarre Case Of Sodomy 2

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raja Petra Kamarrudin

But this is old news, you might say, you want to hear something new.

Okay, how about this then?

Farah Azlina Binti Latif, one of the Federal Counsels of the Trial Unit of the Attorney-General’s Chambers who is on the prosecution team in the Anwar Ibrahim Sodomy 2 trial, is having an affair with Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

Yes, that’s right, Farah Azlina is bonking Saiful Bukhari. Have you ever heard of any other case anywhere else in the world where one of the prosecutors in bonking the key witness in what can be considered the most important trial in Malaysian political history?

Just when you thought Sodomy 2 is a most bizarre case it gets even more bizarre. I suppose, to save face, they might now have to say that Farah Azlina, Saiful Bukhari and Anwar Ibrahim were all in it together and that they indulged in group sex or orgies.

Saiful-Janna.jpg

Saiful Bukhari and his fiancé, Janna Mohd Zaki

Let’s see what happens from hereon. Will Farah Azlina still be retained in the prosecution team? Who she bonks is her business. But since Saiful Bukhari is the man who is going to testify against Anwar, then this would be conflict of interest of the first degree.

READ MORE HERE...

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saiful's 'zina' with prosecutor makes judiciary a laughing stock

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

Many-faces-of-Mohd-Saiful-Bukhari-Azlan-and-UMNO-ministers.jpg

The latest revelation by top blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin that one of the Federal Counsel in the prosecuting team was having an affair with sodomy complainant Saiful Bukhari Azlan only adds to the lack of credibility and integrity surrounding the trial against Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim.

“If true, it makes a laughing stock of our judiciary system and shows how little respect for form and ethics our prosecutors have,” PAS legal advisor Hanipa Maidin told Malaysia Chronicle.

“Technically, there is nothing illegal for the lady to have a sexual relationship with Saiful, but ethically, there is a serious conflict of interest. Just like a doctor having sex with his patient or a teacher with a student.”

Who she bonks is her business, but ...

Indeed, legal pundits were shocked by RPK’s bombshell. While none of them believed the incident would make the Attorney-General drop the case against Anwar, they reiterated that based on the glaring lack of evidence produced so far, the case should have already been dropped on that basis alone.

Anwar was accused of sodomizing Saiful just as he was about to contest the Permatang Pauh by-election, which was held in August 2008. He won by a landslide despite the attempts to smear his name. Anwar has accused Prime Minister Najib Razak and his wife Rosmah Mansor of having schemed and fabricated the case so as to derail his political comeback.

“It doesn’t require this new development for us all to know that something is not right about the whole case. It smells and everybody knows it. It is a clear cut example of political persecution,” Hanipa said.

On Thursday, RPK also questioned whether it was proper for the lady to remain on the prosecution team.

“Who she bonks is her business. But since Saiful Bukhari is the man who is going to testify against Anwar, then this would be conflict of interest of the first degree,” wrote RPK in his Malaysia Today blog.

“Have you ever heard of any other case anywhere else in the world where one of the prosecutors in bonking the key witness in what can be considered the most important trial in Malaysian political history?”

If true, it would be zina

Meanwhile, according to Malaysian Insider Solicitor-General 2 Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden said a decision whether to drop her or not would only be made on August 2, when the trial resumes. However, he took pains to point out that she was never really a part of his team.

“To begin with, she was not in my team. She is not a permanent member of the team… she was only brought in to help with taking notes, compiling data, evidence,” he said.

Mohd Yusof also suggested that Raja Petra was lying. “Can you trust Raja Petra in the first place? He’s always spreading rumors,” he said.

But Mohd Yusof may have been banking on both Saiful and the lady denying the accusations. Both are Muslims and adultery or zina is punishable under Syariah law.

RPK – one of the country’s most respected political writers - has seldom been wrong. His contacts are impeccable and in this particular instance, he named the lady - which he is unlikely to have done unless he was sure and had evidence to support his claims.

http://malaysia-today.net/index.php...stock&catid=19:newscommentaries&Itemid=100131
http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/saifuls-affair-with-prosecutor-adds-to.html

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay waat ! they are on the same side
no conflick of interest

Great team work !!! Getting really close into each other.

Coitus interruptus, now that RPK decided to be a religious police. Hahaha.:biggrin:

See what those sanctimonious bastards from the religious dept are going to do is half the fun.

Maybe can get krafty involve because he is slighty bi....:p:biggrin::smile::o

ps sorry krafty, joking only. :biggrin:

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sodomy II prosecutor faces chop amid ‘affair’ allegation

“What my team does in their own personal time is not my business. Usually, I don’t check on their personal lives. So I don’t know. I cannot comment. Can you trust Raja Petra in the first place? He’s always spreading rumours."
But rumour in Malaysia always turned out to be true, hahhaa....:o:o

By Shazwan Mustafa Kamal

Allegations that a member of the prosecution team in Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s Sodomy II trial is romantically involved with lead witness Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan has rocked prosecutors who say they are still undecided if she would be dropped when the case resumes next month.

Fugitive blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin had earlier today alleged that a female deputy public prosecutor, who is a junior member of the prosecution team in Anwar’s trial, is having an “affair” with Saiful.

But lead prosecutor for the case, Solicitor-General 2 Datuk Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden, stressed that any decisions on whether she would still be on the team would only be made on August 2, when the trial resumes.

Mohd Yusof refused say whether she had been dropped following Raja Petra’s allegations.

“I cannot tell you for now, I have not heard about these claims or allegations. But I will have to consult my team, and we will see on August 2 whether she will still be on the team,” Mohd Yusof told The Malaysian Insider.

But the senior prosecutor insisted that her role in the case was minimal, as she was “not officially” part of the team when the trial first started.

Mohd Yusof was also at great pains to explain that she had only been brought in to assist with compiling data and taking notes of trial proceedings because another prosecutor left the team.

“To begin with, she was not in my team. She is not a permanent member of the team… she was only brought in to help with taking notes, compiling data, evidence."(excuses, excuses....)

“So I cannot say that she’s been dropped from the team, because she was well, not really part of the team, not like (DPPs) Noorin (Badaruddin), or Wong (Chiang Kiat), or myself. She was brought in to help out, but now we have at least three lawyers who can do the compiling, and sometimes Noorin also takes down notes."

“Besides this she (the implicated DPP) is a prosecutor, a lawyer. She also has other cases to handle. If we decide not to include her on the team next month, it’s because we can handle it without her… it’s because she too has other cases to manage,” said Mohd Yusof.

But the solicitor-general was mum when asked whether there was any truth to Raja Petra’s claims, and whether it would mean that she needs to be dropped from the team in the event that the allegations are true.

“I do not know.I cannot comment because I have not spoken to my team yet. Not to my knowledge, I do not know of this."

“What my team does in their own personal time is not my business. Usually, I don’t check on their personal lives. So I don’t know. I cannot comment. Can you trust Raja Petra in the first place? He’s always spreading rumours."

“I’m saying this, I have to meet my team, and I’ll get back to you. But she is not an important part of the team. She will only help if we need it,” insisted Mohd Yusof.

Read More Here...

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saiful's alleged affair:
Possibility of Sodomy II mistrial

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

As public misgivings grow, there are calls for the sodomy trial against Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim to be suspended until a probe has been completed on allegations that Saiful Bukhari Azlan's neutrality as the key witness has been compromised because of a sexual affair with a member of the prosecuting team.

“We are looking at a possible mistrial if the allegations are true. I think everyone was shocked when the news came out, but let’s get it right. From the beginning, by the fact of their status in the case, this was never a personal affair between two people,” Anwar’s lawyer Sivarasa Rasiah told Malaysia Chronicle.

“If true, there is a fundamental and serious conflict of interest. And this is why it is important that the court orders a probe as soon as possible.”

Investigation papers

He was not sure if the defense would make an application to the court or wait until August 2, when the trial, popularly known as Sodomy II, is due to resume. According to Siva, his team would discuss the matter and try to gather as much information as possible.

Anwar, the 62-year-old PKR adviser, was accused of sodomizing Saiful at Unit 11-5-1 of the Desa Damansara Condominium in Jalan Setiakasih, Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, between 3.01pm and 4.30pm on June 26, 2008.

He has denied the charges and accused Prime Minister Najib Razak and his wife Rosmah Mansor of collaborating with Saiful to frame him and derail his political comeback.

“Details like when did Saiful start his relationship with the lady prosecutor are important as they indicate how much access he had to the prosecution’s Investigation Papers. Remember, he is the complainant against Anwar and his reason for the trial is to punish Anwar,” Siva said.

“So, if he has privy to the information in the Investigation Papers because of this relationship, then he would have unfair knowledge of what is likely to be asked in court and how to plan his answers accordingly. So if true, the trial which is already questionable and should never have begun in the first place would be even more of a mistrial.”

Gag order

Indeed, the Najib administration has been sharply rebuked for pushing through the case against Anwar although two government hospital reports have stated there was no evidence of penetration in Saiful’s anus. The prosecution has also refused to allow the defense to access key information including chemists’ reports, sparking speculation that Najib might use DNA samples obtained from Anwar in 1998.

Then, Anwar - the deputy prime minister - had been similarly incarcerated by former premier Mahathir Mohamad. It was only after Mahathir resigned that Anwar was acquitted in 2004 after spending 6 years in jail on what he has always maintained were trumped-up charges. Hence, the tag Sodomy II for the current trial.

Apart from Siva, there are other leaders who have urged for a thorough investigation, including by the Islamic religious authorities. as both Saiful and the lady are Muslims.

“Out of fairness, the court should immediately suspend the case and do a thorough probe. The religious authorities should also investigate whether Saiful and his friend have breached boundaries acceptable in Islam,” PAS vice president told Malaysia Chronicle.

So far, neither Saiful nor his alleged lover have responded to the accusations although Solicitor-General 2 Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden, has tried to downplay the news, which could potentially upset his case against Anwar. “Can you trust Raja Petra in the first place? He’s always spreading rumors,” Yusof said.

He was referring to top blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin, who first broke the news on his Malaysia Today blog. Raja Petra has also named the lady and there is speculation that he may possess further details including photos or even a video.

“We hope that the government will not exert any political pressure to gag or stop any authority – whether civil or Islamic – from probing the allegations for the sake of transparency and justice,” PKR strategic director Tian Chua told Malaysia Chronicle.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/saifuls-alleged-affair-possibility-of.html

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saiful's alleged 'zina': Islamic authorities urged to probe

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

Pakatan Rakyat leaders have called on the authorities to investigate allegations that sodomy complainant Saiful Bukhari Azlan was having an affair with a member of the prosecuting team - a lady Federal Counsel - acting against Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim.

“It is not really a private issue between two consenting adults. Saiful is the key witness in the government’s prosecution and if his lover is really a member of that team, then we have to ask, doesn't that make Saiful tainted as a witness. Wouldn't his testimony be biased to the prosecution?” PAS vice president Mahfuz Omar told Malaysia Chronicle.

“Out of fairness, the court should immediately suspend the case and do a thorough probe. The religious authorities should also investigate whether Saiful and his friend have breached boundaries acceptable in Islam. This case is followed not just in the West but also in the Middle East. Our Islamic reputation is on the line, we cannot be seen to have double standards in justice or morality."

More to come from Raja Petra?

On Thursday, top blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin dropped a bombshell. He reported on his Malaysia Today portal that Saiful and the lady lawyer – whom he also named - were having a sexual relationship. So far, neither of the pair has denied the accusations or made any comments.

The lady’s boss, Solicitor-General 2 Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden, has tried to downplay the news, which could potentially upset his case against Anwar. He even suggested that Raja Petra lied. “Can you trust Raja Petra in the first place? He’s always spreading rumors,” Yusof said.

Yet public misgivings have grown and the rumblings, especially within the legal and the Islamic fraternities, are gaining volume. The main concern is that Saiful’s neutrality may have been compromised due to his closeness with his alleged prosecutor lover.

The other very sensitive area is that both Saiful and the lady are Muslims, and based on Syariah law, zina or adultlery is punishable.

Many Malaysians also waiting with bated breath the possibility of further revelations from Raja Petra - will he furnish photos or even a video to back his claims?

“We hope that the government will not exert any political pressure to gag or stop any authority – whether civil or Islamic – from probing the allegations for the sake of transparency and justice,” PKR strategic director Tian Chua told Malaysia Chronicle.

Political skullduggery

Saiful had accused Anwar of sodomizing him at a posh condominium in Kuala Lumpur in July 2008, soon after Anwar declared his intention to run for the Permatang Pauh by-election. Despite concerted efforts to smear his image, the former deputy prime minister won the parliamentary seat by a landslide.

Anwar has accused Prime Minister Najib Razak and his wife Rosmah Mansor of plotting his downfall and fabricating the charges together with Saiful, who was a former PKR aide.

The trial popularly known as Sodomy II is widely followed by the international press and Najib’s government has suffered huge criticism for not adhering to U.N. guidelines for fair trial.

The prosecution has refused to allow the defense access to key documents, counter-accusing it of trying to fish for information, even though trial has already begun.

Medical reports from two government hospitals have shown no signs of anal penetration in Saiful, but the government has insisted on pushing the case through.

“From day one, the case has been viewed as politically motivated to derail Anwar's career. There has been so much mala fide involved, the authorities should immediately probe the latest allegations. That way, the truth can be known and the innocent can be cleared,” Tian said.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/saifuls-alleged-zina-islamic.html

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
PUTRAJAYA, July 27 – Deputy Public Prosecutor Farah Azlina Latif was dropped today from the team prosecuting Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for sodomy after allegations surfaced last week that she was romantically involved with complainant and chief witness Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

saiful+bukhari+azlan.jpg

Rambut panjang terurai, bagai sutera
Hias bunga sekumtum, tambah jelita
Bibir merah delima, merdun alun suara
Asyik main belakang aja, tersingkir jua

Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail told reporters today that the junior prosecutor was removed to prevent negative public perception of the Sodomy II prosecution team.

“The Attorney-General’s Chambers cannot compromise on any issue that can tarnish the image or credibility of the department and we are looking at such matters very seriously.

“This can be very difficult for us but any personal matter, if it can have any implication in whatever form on the department, will be handled very seriously,” he told reporters at a press conference at his office, here.

Abdul Gani said Farah Azlina had to be dropped not because she was found guilty, but to avoid any negative public perception on the prosecution team.

“This move is also to ensure that the smooth running of the case is not affected,” he said.

However, he said Farah Azlina had very limited involvement in the case, pointing out that she only assisted in recording all notes on the proceedings.

“She had no access at all to the investigation papers or any confidential information that the prosecution has,” he said.

Abdul Gani also said that an internal investigation will be held to look into Raja Petra’s claims and action will be taken accordingly.

“We will make sure there will be an internal investigation into the matter and if there is something wrong, action will be taken,” said the A-G but he did not elaborate on what action would be taken if the allegations were true.

The Malaysian Insider reported the allegations last week after fugitive blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin alleged that Farah was having an “affair” with Saiful.

Yesterday, Anwar’s lawyers demanded that the Attorney-General respond to Raja Petra’s claims.

Lead counsel for Anwar’s defence team Sankara Nair had said that if the matter was left unaddressed, it could affect the on-going trial proceedings which is set to continue on August 2.

Anwar is being prosecuted by an eight men prosecution team comprising Mohd Yusof, Datuk Nordin Hassan, Mohamed Hanafiah Zakaria, Wong, Noorin, Mira Mirna Musa, Naidatul Athirah Azmad and Farah Azlina Latif.

Saiful and Farah have not made any comments on the allegations.

Anwar, the 62-year-old PKR de facto leader, is charged with sodomising Saiful at Unit 11-5-1 of the Desa Damansara Condominium in Jalan Setiakasih, Bukit Damansara here between 3.01pm and 4.30pm on June 26, 2008.

The former deputy prime minister has denied the charge, describing it as “evil, frivolous lies by those in power” when the charge was read out to him. He is charged under section 377B of the Penal Code and can be sentenced to a maximum of 20 years’ jail and whipping upon conviction. The trial is taking place 18 months after Anwar was charged in court in August 2008.

Anwar was charged with sodomy and corruption in 1998 after he was sacked from the Cabinet and was later convicted and jailed for both offences. He was freed in September 2004 and later resurrected his political career by winning back his Permatang Pauh parliamentary seat in a by-election in 2008, which had been held in the interim by his wife.

He had earlier led the opposition coalition, Pakatan Rakyat, to a historic sweep of five states and 82 parliamentary seats in Election 2008.

http://www.malaysia-today.net/index...aiful&catid=19:newscommentaries&Itemid=100131

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN ,,,, a fugitive blogger has moe insider info,,,,,,,, 1st class blogger,,,,, salute that guy

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
pinociosaiful-1.jpg

The Fairy and the Witness!!!

saiful-1.jpg

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

A lady deputy public prosecutor in the sodomy trial against Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim, who allegedly broke off her engagement to have a sexual affair with the complainant Saiful Bukhari Azlan, has been dropped from the case.

But Anwar’s lawyers warn that this does not mean there has not been a mistrial.

They told Malaysia Chronicle that instead the latest decision by Attorney-General Gani Patail actually bolstered concerns that Saiful had obtained access to confidential information as well as to the prosecution's Investigation Papers. This would give him an unfair advantage over Anwar.

“Dropping her from the team is not sufficient and it will not stop the defense from applying to the court to get directions to investigate further,” Anwar’s lawyer Sivarasa Rasiah told Malaysia Chronicle.

“The court records will show that she was part of the prosecuting team from day one of the trial. Now, this makes the risks of a mistrial very real.”

Removed to prevent negative public perception of the prosecution

On Monday, Anwar’s defense team had handed a letter to Gani demanding that action be taken to verify the allegations swirling around town of the affair between DPP Farah Azlina Latiff and Saiful.

The next day, Gani told reporters that she had been removed to prevent a negative public perception of the prosecution in the trial that become known as Sodomy II. The trial, which began early this year, is due to resume on Augut 2.

The AG’s chambers has also tried to downplay the affair by insisting that she only played a small role, while the media has tried to imply she did not have a sexual relationship with Saiful but merely a “romantic” fling.

Yet in the past few days since top blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin first broke the news on his Malaysia Today news portal that she was “bonking” Saiful, word has spread in the legal fraternity that she had broken off her engagement with her fiancé to be with Saiful.

“All this indicates that the relationship was very serious. The fundamental issue is that of a serious conflict of interest and this cannot be resolved by removing her,” Sivarasa said.

“We can understand that this must be a terrible time for her and Saiful but imagine how Anwar and his family must have felt each time the government trumps up these charges against him.”

Imagine what Anwar must have gone through

Anwar, the 62-year-old PKR adviser, was accused of sodomizing Saiful at Unit 11-5-1 of the Desa Damansara Condominium in Jalan Setiakasih, Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, between 3.01pm and 4.30pm on June 26, 2008.

He has denied the charges and accused Najib Razak and his wife Rosmah Mansor of collaborating with Saiful to frame him and derail his political comeback.

“We have always questioned the mala fide of the government in pursuing this trial. Even without evidence of penetration, Najib has insisted on pushing the case through. Why? And why has the mainstream media been working overtime to paint Anwar as the guilty party,” Sivarasa said.”

“Now, with this latest development, Malaysians can see for themselves how sadly lacking in both credibility and morals is the government's prosecution. It is not Anwar but them. Who can believe them?”

A former star Finance Minister, Anwar was riding high when ex-premier Mahathir Mohamad slapped sodomy charges against him in 1998. Despite fighting the case and saying the accusations were trumped-up charges to stop his political rise, Anwar was sacked and jailed.

It was only in 2004, after Mahathir had retired, that he was acquitted and freed. In 2008, soon after Anwar announced he would contest the Permatang Pauh by-election, he found himself accused of sodomy again. Despite the negative publicity, he won by a landslide and returned to Parliament as Opposition Leader.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/dpp-dropped-from-sodomy-ii-after.html

So, there you have it, people! The DPP who posseses the following traits:
High potential, meticulous, ability to produce quality work, proactive and innovative attitude.
In other words, she's a HIGH PERFORMER!

f2.jpg

Last edited:

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Farah Azlina Binti Latif, one of the Federal Counsels of the Trial Unit of the Attorney-General’s Chambers who is on the prosecution team in the Anwar Ibrahim Sodomy 2 trial, is having an affair with Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

Since they are not married, shouldn't they be charged with adultery under islamic law?

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
sham+trial.gif

Lawyer has affair with Saiful

(AFP) - In a sensational twist in Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim's sodomy trial, a prosecutor has been dropped after being accused of having an affair with the star witness.

farah.jpg

Defence lawyers said the surprise move bolstered its claim that Anwar, a former deputy premier who was sacked and jailed on separate sex and corruption counts a decade ago, is the victim of a political conspiracy. The prosecution said it was dropping Farah Azlina Latif from its team in the ongoing trial, following claims she was romantically involved with Mohamad Saiful Bukhari Azlan, 25, who has accused Anwar of sodomising him.

'This can be very difficult for us but any personal matter, if it can have any implication in whatever form... will be handled very seriously,' attorney-general Abdul Gani Patail told state media late on Tuesday. 'This move is also to ensure that the smooth running of the case is not affected,' the government's top lawyer said, without specifying whether or not the claims were true.

An official at the attorney-general's office confirmed his comments to AFP, and said that Farah Azlina would also be transferred to another department. The defence said it had sought an official explanation from the prosecution after a leading Malaysian political blogger said on his website that the lawyer was in a sexual relationship with Saiful, who has a fiancee.

'The implications are serious,' Anwar's lawyer Sankara Nair told AFP on Wednesday. 'There is a perception that Saiful could have been given access to confidential information of the trial and that would compromise the integrity of the prosecution,' he said.

anwar+ibrahim.jpg

Mr Sankara said the development strengthened claims that there was a conspiracy against Anwar, after Saiful testified that he met with high-profile individuals including Prime Minister Najib Razak before lodging his complaint. The attorney-general however said that Farah Azlina, one of eight prosecutors in the Anwar case, had no access to confidential information. The sodomy trial, which began in February and has been punctuated by lengthy delays, is set to resume on August 2 for a one-month session.

------------------

'Sex with Saiful': Did DPP do it or not?

By Syed Jaymal Zahiid

KUALA LUMPUR: Anwar Ibrahim's lawyers want a definite answer from the prosecution team of the sodomy II trial -- a yes or no if deputy public prosecutor Farah Azlina Latif has an affair with the hearing's key witness and alleged sodomy victim, Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

In a letter submitted to lead prosecutor, Solicitor-General II Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden, lawyer Sankara Nair listed down three reasons for the demand.

First is that the allegation, which was reported by an online news portal on July 22, "has been published pervasively for national and worldwide viewing".

Second, said Sankara, is that there is serious implication in the integrity of the prosecution team.

"This is because the DPP involved is part of the prosecution team and has access to sensitive and confidential information that cannot be disclosed to Saiful," read the letter dated July 26.

Third is the reply given by Mohd Yusof, which was published in the same July 22 article, that had invited much speculation "particularly because the reply was vague and not firm".

"Therefore, your confirmation or denial will be much appreciated," concluded the letter.

Trial may be marred

The allegation was the latest scandal to rock the controversial sodomy trial, Anwar's second in 10 years, and is likely to further erode public confidence in the integrity of the trial.

The move by Attorney-General Abdul Ghani Pattail to drop Farah Azlina yesterday only strengthen this perception.

"The Attorney-General’s Chambers cannot compromise on any issue that can tarnish the image or credibility of the department and we are looking at such matters very seriously.

“This can be very difficult for us but any personal matter, if it can have any implication in whatever form on the department, will be handled very seriously,” he told a press conference at his office in Putrajaya yesterday.

8d3a7ad532d00878ff277027cb5e53f9.jpg

He added that Farah Azlina had to be dropped not because she was found guilty, but to avoid any negative public perception on the prosecution team. He neither confirmed nor denied the alleged affair between the DPP and Saiful.

Anwar, who is the PKR de facto leader, is charged with sodomising Saiful at Unit 11-5-1 of the Desa Damansara Condominium in Jalan Setiakasih, Bukit Damansara, here between 3.01pm and 4.30pm on June 26, 2008.

The 62-year-old has denounced the charge as “evil, frivolous lies by those in power” and had openly accused Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and his wife, Rosmah Mansor, of being the architects behind the sodomy II trial.

The former deputy prime minister is charged under section 377B of the Penal Code and can be sentenced to a maximum of 20 years in jail and whipping upon conviction. The case resumes on Aug 3.

--------------------------

Hello, Hello, IGP... Where's The Matress ???

--------------------------

mob1900_sodomyII.jpg

SINI LAH...

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Between liwat and zina:
Did DPP dump fiance for Saiful?

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

As Malaysians digest the latest sexual scandal in town, a debate has swept in over which is worse – liwat or zina (sodomy or adultery).

"If Saiful's sexual affair with the girl is his personal business, then why not the sodomy trial," wrote one commentator.

"It is the same (in that both are considered sins in some cultures) isn't it - zina and liwat. You can say under civil law there is specific provision to (nail) anwar but under Syariah law there is also punishment for zina."

Unfair advantage

Late on Tuesday, news broke that Farah Azlina Latiff, a deputy public prosecutor, was dropped from the sodomy trial against Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim because of an alleged sexual affair with the complainant in the case – Saiful Bukhair Azlan.

The Attorney-General would only say Farah was being dropped to prevent negative public perception of the prosecution, but Anwar’s lawyers are calling a mistrial.

Citing fundamental conflict of interest, they fear Saiful’s closeness to the DPP has armed him with unfair knowledge and advantage over Anwar.

Indeed the latest speculation making the rounds is that Farah even broke off her engagement to her fiancé just to be with Saiful.

“If true, all this indicates that the relationship was very serious. The fundamental issue is that of a serious conflict of interest and this cannot be resolved by removing her,” Sivarasa said.

“We can understand that this must be a terrible time for her and Saiful but imagine how Anwar and his family must have felt each time the government trumps up these charges against him.”

Muslims shocked

Meanwhile, Muslims leaders – shocked at how the scandal has been unfolding – are starting to call for a thorough probe. Under Syariah law, sex outside marriage is a punishable offence.

“With the current liberal outlook, it is hard to be the bad guy to push for punishment because we also have compassion in our hearts,” PAS vice president Mahfuz Omar told Malaysia Chronicle.

“But there is a convention we have subscribed to and we cannot avoid, especially now, when the incident has become so public. We would be failing in our duty to all concerned – including Anwar – if we do not urge the religious authorities to investigate and they would not be doing their duty by the ummat if they did not do so.”

Other pundits also slammed the entire episode which has shamed the country, pinning the blame on Prime Minister Najib Razak and his wife Rosmah Mansor. Anwar had accused the first couple of plotting the charges to derail his political comeback.

"The only one I feel sorry for is the girl for falling for Saiful," wrote the commentator. "It is enough. Najib should stop the farce once and for all and start repairing the country."

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/of-liwat-and-zina-did-dpp-break-off.html

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allegations against DPP are serious ethical concerns

PETALING JAYA (July 28, 2010): The allegations against Deputy Public Prosecutor Farah Azlina Latif are serious enough to warrant disciplinary action and should be investigated.

Speaking to theSun in a phone interview today, Malaysian Bar Council president Ragunath Kesavan said actions such as being romantically linked to a key witness in a prosecution are "ethical matters".

"It is definitely is an ethical matter, as prosecutions are done in the interest of justice. You are there to put your case before the court in the interest of justice. As there is no client here, there should be no relationship between prosecutor and complainant," he said.

Farah, who has been dropped from the prosecution team in the sodomy trial of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was allegedly romantically involved with the complainant in the trial, Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

"Even in a private solicitor-client relationship, it is unethical as the issue of objectivity would be questioned. Will the solicitor be fair to the client. It is even more onerous in the case of a prosecutor," added Ragunath.

He said he supported her removal from the team and an investigation to determine whether the prosecution has been compromised and whether she had access to any information that would compromise the prosecution of the accused.

He added that a lawyer could be disbarred for such a relationship, but cautioned that certain factors have to be considered.

"Many factors have to be considered such as the extent of the relationship and the time it occurred- was it before, during or after the time the lawyer was handling the case.

The test when it comes to punishment is whether it affected his or her objectivity in handling the case," said Ragunath.

Anwar's counsel Sankara Nair accused Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail of skirting the issue when he announced that Farah had been dropped from the prosecution team and the division.

"He didn't confirm...I think the AG is skirting the issue as he has yet to reply to me formally. By taking this action, he is only fueling suspicions with regards to this matter," he said.

He had sent a letter to Solicitor-General II Datuk Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden on Monday to seek a confirmation of the information which first appeared on the Malaysia Today blog.

When asked if Anwar's defence team would move for a mistrial, Sankara declined to comment, but said it was an option.

"Under the law, Saiful cannot be given any advantage, and he should be treated like any other witness, because it is the public prosecutor who is prosecuting Anwar. He cannot access any information he is not allowed to have," he said.

http://www.malaysia-today.net/index...cerns&catid=19:newscommentaries&Itemid=100131

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sodomy II: Saiful, Farah may be called to the stand over affair

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

All eyes are on Monday's resumption of the Sodomy II trial, where defense lawyers acting for Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim are likely to ask the court to call on both DPP Farah Azlina Latif and complainant Saiful Bukhari Azlan to take to the stand over allegations they had an affair - which could jeopardize the fairness of the trial.

“I believe the defense team is still weighing the best way to move forward. But an application to probe the extent of Saiful’s relationship with the DPP may be the first step,” PKR vice president Sivarasa Rasiah told Malaysia Chronicle.

“The Attorney-General cannot expect us and the world at large to take his word as good that she had no access to the Investigation Papers or any information that could help Saiful.”

cheapsaipool.jpg

Case also hinges on Saiful's credibility

Apart from possible unfair advantage, the sex scandal also casts a question mark on Saiful’s credibility as a key witness. This is an important point because the government's case against Anwar hinges on Saiful's testimony.

If the allegations are true, then Saiful would have cheated on his fiancee. Experts said such unreliability of character not only adds to the doubt already surrounding his testimony, but should render it void in the interests of justice and fair play to the person he has accused - Anwar.

"Saiful is accusing Anwar of having sodomized him. No one saw them - we only have Saiful’s word for it. And despite his having taken an oath in the mosque, Saiful has been found lying before. It is not the first time,” Siva said.

“So the question of morality cannot be evaded. There are serious questions about his character and his credibility as a witness especially with this latest affair. Before that, he denied meeting Prime Minister Najib Razak prior to lodging the police report against Anwar. Najib also denied meeting him, but when photos started to appear, both he and Saiful admitted to meeting in Putrajaya.”

Did Saiful cheat on his fiancee?

Both Saiful and Farah were already engaged to be married to respective partners. News has emerged that Farah broke off her engagement and allegations are rife it was because of Saiful.

Nonetheless, despite the possibility of gross misconduct, Anwar’s defense team led by Sankara Nair can expect to face tough resistance from both the court and the Najib administration.

In fact, many prominent civil society leaders, including lawmakers from United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, have already labeled the case a sham trial.Their criticism splashed all over cyberspace and the international press has shamed the country.

“The Najib administration will surely fight Anwar all the way. It is clear they want Anwar to lose. They want to lock him up and throw away the key,” PKR strategic director Tian Chua told Malaysia Chronicle.

“From day one, there was mala fide. They insisted on the trial even though there was no evidence of anal penetration, and till now, they are denying the defense access to key information in the case.”

Will there be justice for Anwar?

At a late press conference on Monday, AG Gani Patail had dropped Farah from the prosecution team but denied any conflict of interest.

“This can be very difficult for us, but any personal matter, if it can have any implication in whatever form on the department, will be handled very seriously," Gani said.

Nonetheless, his insistence that Farah was only tasked to take notes and did not have access to sensitive information has sparked concerns his chambers would try to cover up the matter and resist any calls for an inquiry.

Meanwhile, Bar Council president Ragunath Kesavan has also called for an investigation and disciplinary action against Farah if she did have an affair.

"It is definitely is an ethical matter, as prosecutions are done in the interest of justice.You are there to put your case before the court in the interest of justice. As there is no client here, there should be no relationship between prosecutor and complainant," the Sun reported Ragunath as saying.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/sodomy-ii-saiful-farah-may-be-called-to.html

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal

Farah-Saiful: Deafening silence from the religious authorities

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

PAS vice president Mahfuz Omar is puzzled why the religious authorities have been keeping so quiet despite the very public allegations swirling around town that DPP Farah Azlina Latiff had an affair with sodomy complainant Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

“Their silence is deafening. I wonder is it because it is Anwar?” Mahfuz told Malaysia Chronicle.

He was referring to Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim, who was accused of sodomizing Saiful at Unit 11-5-1 in Desa Damansara Condominium, Jalan Setiakasih, Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, between 3.01pm and 4.30pm on June 26, 2008.

Qazaf rejected

Anwar has denied the charges and accused Prime Minister Najib Razak of collaborating with Saiful to frame him and derail his political comeback.

The Opposition Leader has also attempted to have his case tried at the Islamic courts but his application was rejected by the Federal Territory Syarie chief prosecutor Shamsuddin Hussain, Islamic Religious department director Che Mat Che Ali and Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Jamil Khir Baharom.

“Any intervention to his (the Syarie chief prosecutor’s) role by any party, be it by the rulers or a judge, tantamounts to a sin (maksiat). According to the syarak law, a person cannot be forced to prosecute,” ruled Justice Mohd Shukor Sabudin in April this year.

Different rules for different people?

The decision sparked accusations of political interference and that the Najib administration wanted to have Anwar tried under civil law, because under qazaf, Saiful would have to produce four witnesses - which he can not.

Meanwhile, the Muslim community has expressed shock at the alleged affair. Sex outside of marriage is punishable under Islamic law.

“It is time for the religious authorities to say something. They should not pretend it did not happen because this is a very public case,” asked Mahfuz
“Some of these authorities keep telling us they are the guardians of our morals, but where are they now? They should not give the impression that there are different rules for different people.”

Will they take the stand?

Last week, Farah was dropped from the prosecution team in the Sodomy II trial against Anwar following news of her alleged affair with Saiful.

Neither she nor Saiful has offered any comment so far, but Anwar’s lawyers say the pair may have to take stand and answer questions about their relationship.

All eyes are now on the trial due to resume on Monday, when the defense team led by Sankara Nair is expected to apply for an investigation.

“For sure, we will need to probe the extent and length of their relationship. It will have a serious impact on the fairness of the trial,” Anwar’s lawyer Sivarasa Rasiah told Malaysia Chronicle.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/blog-post_2088.html
http://www.malaysia-today.net/index...ffair&catid=19:newscommentaries&Itemid=100131

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sodomy II: Saiful, Farah may be called to the stand over affair

Wong Choon Mei
Malaysia Chronicle

All eyes are on Monday's resumption of the Sodomy II trial, where defense lawyers acting for Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim are likely to ask the court to call on both DPP Farah Azlina Latif and complainant Saiful Bukhari Azlan to take to the stand over allegations they had an affair - which could jeopardize the fairness of the trial.

“I believe the defense team is still weighing the best way to move forward. But an application to probe the extent of Saiful’s relationship with the DPP may be the first step,” PKR vice president Sivarasa Rasiah told Malaysia Chronicle.

“The Attorney-General cannot expect us and the world at large to take his word as good that she had no access to the Investigation Papers or any information that could help Saiful.”

Case also hinges on Saiful's credibility

Apart from possible unfair advantage, the sex scandal also casts a question mark on Saiful’s credibility as a key witness. This is an important point because the government's case against Anwar hinges on Saiful's testimony.

If the allegations are true, then Saiful would have cheated on his fiancee. Experts said such unreliability of character not only adds to the doubt already surrounding his testimony, but should render it void in the interests of justice and fair play to the person he has accused - Anwar.

"Saiful is accusing Anwar of having sodomized him. No one saw them - we only have Saiful’s word for it. And despite his having taken an oath in the mosque, Saiful has been found lying before. It is not the first time,” Siva said.

“So the question of morality cannot be evaded. There are serious questions about his character and his credibility as a witness especially with this latest affair. Before that, he denied meeting Prime Minister Najib Razak prior to lodging the police report against Anwar. Najib also denied meeting him, but when photos started to appear, both he and Saiful admitted to meeting in Putrajaya.”

Did Saiful cheat on his fiancee?

Both Saiful and Farah were already engaged to be married to respective partners. News has emerged that Farah broke off her engagement and allegations are rife it was because of Saiful.

Nonetheless, despite the possibility of gross misconduct, Anwar’s defense team led by Sankara Nair can expect to face tough resistance from both the court and the Najib administration.

In fact, many prominent civil society leaders, including lawmakers from United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, have already labeled the case a sham trial.Their criticism splashed all over cyberspace and the international press has shamed the country.

“The Najib administration will surely fight Anwar all the way. It is clear they want Anwar to lose. They want to lock him up and throw away the key,” PKR strategic director Tian Chua told Malaysia Chronicle.

“From day one, there was mala fide. They insisted on the trial even though there was no evidence of anal penetration, and till now, they are denying the defense access to key information in the case.”

Will there be justice for Anwar?

At a late press conference on Monday, AG Gani Patail had dropped Farah from the prosecution team but denied any conflict of interest.

“This can be very difficult for us, but any personal matter, if it can have any implication in whatever form on the department, will be handled very seriously," Gani said.

Nonetheless, his insistence that Farah was only tasked to take notes and did not have access to sensitive information has sparked concerns his chambers would try to cover up the matter and resist any calls for an inquiry.

Meanwhile, Bar Council president Ragunath Kesavan has also called for an investigation and disciplinary action against Farah if she did have an affair.

"It is definitely is an ethical matter, as prosecutions are done in the interest of justice.You are there to put your case before the court in the interest of justice. As there is no client here, there should be no relationship between prosecutor and complainant," the Sun reported Ragunath as saying.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/sodomy-ii-saiful-farah-may-be-called-to.html
http://www.malaysia-today.net/index...ffair&catid=19:newscommentaries&Itemid=100131

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sodomy II resumes Mon, no deferment despite appeal on notes

Malaysia Chronicle

The sodomy trial against Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim will resume as scheduled on Monday after the High Court rejected his application for a postponement pending a Court of Appeal decision on whether he was entitled to access to key medical information on complainant Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

Anwar was not given copies of the notes written by the three Kuala Lumpur Hospital physicians, when they examined Saiful. That forced the defense into filing an appeal and pending the outcome from the Appellate Court, they had sought to defer the trial at the High Court.

Without the documents, the defense lawyers have said they would be severely handicapped against the prosecution. Lead counsel Sankara Nair said in a statement on Friday that he had received the letter of refusal from High Court Judge Mohammad Zabidin Mohd Diah. - Malaysia Chronicle

The following excerpts from Malaysiakini:

Meanwhile, according to Malaysiakini Sankara has asked lead prosecutor solicitor-general II Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden to either confirm or deny the so-called "affair" between Farah and Saiful.

"As such we have sent a reminder to him yesterday, and this time by adding that if we do not get his reply by (4pm) today July 30, 2010. We shall then proceed to assume that the allegations are deemed to be true," Sankara said.

Lawyers debate DPP's alleged affair with Saiful

Some lawyers hold the view the Attorney-General's Chambers' reputation had been badly tarnished by the allegation that one of its prosecutors had been involved in a romantic affair with star witness Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

However, others feel that the damage is minor as the DPP's role in the case was limited to just taking down notes during the trial.

Lawyer Baljit Singh Sidhu, when met, said the alleged affair will certainly have serious repercussion for the AG's Chambers.

"This allegation is serious and it does not look good for the prosecution. It leads to the issue of the prosecution team's integrity. People view the case as being politically trumped-up.

"If the allegation is true, it shows the DPP was acting unethically and unprofessionally in having an affair with the complainant," he said, adding that he did not want to be judgmental on this issue.

Baljit, who is also a lecturer, said DPP Farah Azlina Latif's role being minor was not the issue.

"The fact remains that she is part of the prosecution's team and this should not have happened," he added.

Baljit, (right) however, commended the swift action taken by attorney-general Abdul Gani Patail to remove her from Anwar's prosecution team as something proper to dispel negative perceptions.

Another senior lawyer who wanted to remain anonymous when asked laughed, saying this can only happen in Malaysia.

Prosecution's image tainted

Another senior lawyer who requested anonymity said where the bigger picture was concerned people would question the ethics and conduct of the prosecution, especially with the involvement of a DPP, if the allegations proved to be true.

"She should have known better than engaging in a relationship with the complainant and star witness as she is also a lawyer. But people sometimes do not look at this bigger picture," he said.

He added on the other hand, if her role is limited to taking notes, than it should not affect the prosecution team that much.

As long as, he said, she was not involved in the prosecution or handling exhibits it would be all right.

However, he noted that for a lawyer to have a relationship with a witness is not ethical.

David Matthews said it was improper and will cast a doubt on the transparency of the prosecution team as this is a politically charged case.

"Most importantly, the public expects a very high level of ethics and prosecutarial conduct. Anything wrong done will certainly taint the prosecution's image," the young laywer said.

Following her alleged affair, it is learnt that Farah has been laterally transferred from the Commercial Crime unit of the Prosecution Division to the Law Revision and Reform Division.

She has been in the spotlight following allegations made by blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin about her affair with Saiful.

On Wednesday, it was also reported that before the matter became public, she had cancelled her wedding plans to her fiance about a week before the scheduled date.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/2010/07/blog-post_3406.html