• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Authentic Forummer

jw5

Loyal
It's called "disinformation" and it's one of the most important tools in espionage. Many battles have been won by deploying disinformation to gain a tactical advantage.

You really need to decide whether this is just a place for as many people to tcss as possible which you claim time and again, or whether there is some insidious espionage going on, which I claim time and again, and which you are claiming now.

fuksin shinnafux

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many interesting things I don't want to reveal on line cos it might expose my id.

but some have a boastful ways of posting, what car they drive, where they live, what business they are in, their traveling pattern even hospital bill detail

if the time has come to identify them it won't be difficult

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You really need to decide whether this is just a place for as many people to tcss as possible which you claim time and again, or whether there is some insidious espionage going on, which I claim time and again, and which you are claiming now.

Some use it for TCSS while some take this place far too seriously.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are people who are decent and wise they've nothing to hide.
There are people like our dearest TonyChat .....
There are people like Kopiuncle.....
There are Jokers..
There are @$$ holes......
Everyone got their own style....

It takes a real man to be Authentic. But if a man has a "Twisted mind" would his authenticity matters ? lol ..

jw5

Loyal
Some use it for TCSS while some take this place far too seriously.

You may not mind whatever goes on, but at least take a position and have an opinion mah...........................

One moment you claim that it's never serious, it's all TCSS anyway, the next you are saying there is disinformation to aid espionage.
Make up your mind will you.............

jw5

Loyal
It takes a real man to be Authentic. But if a man has a "Twisted mind" would his authenticity matters ? lol ..

You can have a twisted mind, and yet still be authentic you know......................

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are people who are decent and wise they've nothing to hide.
There are people like our dearest TonyChat .....
There are people like Kopiuncle.....
There are Jokers..
There are @$$ holes......
Everyone got their own style....

err... mine is what style?

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is a repost of what I said earlier.

By now you have read the rubbish post by FTalent, claiming to be a Shanghai babe by the name of Jane who has lived in SG for 5 years and worked extensively overseas, well liked by her boss, doesn't want to take up permanent residency in SG because of xenophobic attitudes, seems to know everything about SG and our political structure, writes excellent English, fully cosmopolitan, globalized in every sense, etc etc etc.

Some of you caught her out right away, some took one of two pages of drivel before realizing, and some still clueless. To those who are clueless, well wake up this is the internet and you've been pranked. Not the first, and neither will it be the last. These janes will appear when we least expect it and elicit a wide array of emotions from us including guilt, fear, anger, envy, jealousy, etc. The bolder ones will try to get us to part with our doe, rent them rooms, or make some personal sacrifice we later regret. You either wise up to these pranksters, or one day you will get hurt. I assure you, you will be hurt, and it will hurt very bad.

Creating online personas is nothing wrong in itself. I am hiding behind a nick. So are 99% of you. Once you are anonymous you have basically created a persona. How you develop it is up to you. You can either be a constructive poster or a destructive one. The choice is yours. You can enlighten and educate others, or you can drive people away. Again, choice is yours.

So where to draw the line in creating online personalities? I feel these are appropriate guidelines; pple here may agree or disagree if so I'd like to hear your views.

(A) If you use a false persona to fraudulently elicit feelings of envy, regret, guilt, anger, or sorrow, you are causing harm to others. you must stop right away.

(B) If you create a false persona to fraudulently get people to react to you in a way that suits your agenda, to get them to start thinking or imagining things that aren't there at all, or to get them down a false line or argument that wastes everyone's time, you are basically the Jane Doe who started the FTalent thread. Shame on you, whoever you are.

(C) If you use a false persona to cheat people of their time, money, or physical resources, again you are doing harm and possibly engaging in a criminal act. Need I even spell this out? The late JBJ was cheated in this manner by a false persona.

(D) If you use a false persona, especially multiple forum accounts, to create strife, quarrels, conflicts between forummers, you are disrupting the forum and you are betraying the trust in you that was automatically placed when LEONGSAM or one of his mods got you cleared from moderation. You, by your actions, prevent others from participating in a civil and constructive fashion.

you can spread all the PAP propaganda and opposition propaganda even religious propaganda, no problem in my book. By (A)-(D) above is where I think we should draw the line. I invite comments.

jw5

Loyal
This is a repost of what I said earlier.

Thanks Hawkeye, but it's not only false or non-authentic persona.

There's another phenomenon. Real persona, but false purpose and/or false posts.

Or various combinations of the 3 Ps.

There will be those including Leongsam who say don't take internet or this forum too seriously. Ok fair point, but ask all of you this question.

If you were a member of an organisation/club/community, do you appreciate someone in that same community giving you a bullshit persona or background/purpose for being there/stories or accounts?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A better way is to address issues as they are raised each day by forummers. Give your point of view. Over time, your principles and your line of thought will begin to appear consistent. A track record is established. The issue of persona is therefore eventually resolved. The notion of anonymity is no longer an issue either as good arguments and clarity of thought is more important than people behind it. Persuasive arguments rule the day and not persuasive personae.

The problem is most people want to be accepted and recognised and therefore popularity is the operating word. They begin to avoid or skirt around issues when those who worship them or friendly to them are involved. After a while a track record is also established.

One interesting trait is writing wonderful prose but never committing to a stand over an issue. Either they have a past and any association is painful or they do not want to be on the losing side. This is seldom seen but it does occur every now and then. The typically present both sides of the argument, raise rhetorical questions and then leave the judgement to others giving the impression of being wise and neutral. When an argument is essentially slam dunk - they will immediately endorse it.

As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding.

The fact that this forum comes alive every now and then with quality stuff and has considerable tenure is a reflection of the presence of wide variety of quality members and an erudite individual whose persona has yet to be nailed down.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone is here for a reason.

It's fair game so long as the forummer is not out to 骗财骗色 can liao. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
A better way is to address issues as they are raised each day by forummers. Give your point of view. Over time, your principles and your line of thought will begin to appear consistent. A track record is established. The issue of persona is therefore eventually resolved. The notion of anonymity is no longer an issue either as good arguments and clarity of thought is more important than people behind it. Persuasive arguments rule the day and not persuasive personae.

That's why it's not only the authenticity of the persona that's a problem, there's also an issue with the purpose and the posts.

Just take an example that is obvious to many of us (but shockingly not to some, who continue happily bantering with him) - kopiuncle.
If anyone can spare the time, go to his profile and read his last 30 or 40 posts.
You will discover he is by no means a retard or a moron, but a very cunning individual.

Unfortunately, he is one of the more obvious ones and there are others who are just as unauthentic but better at disguising it.

The forum is going downhill and it's fine with Leongsam because to him, the trolls are just as important customers as the regular authentic forummers.