• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Tharman: the Language of Politics

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CPF acts as an escrow account for the Govt to cover housing costs plus a premium and medical costs plus premium. It role as a provident fund to look after its account holder ended some in the 1980s. This has been mentioned in this forum a few times. So HDB mortgages are seldom in arrears unlike the Banks.

An escrow account not to meet the mortgage payments of citizens,but a escrow account to inflate housing and property prices in sg.sinkies are pawning their future wealth away in order to keep the housing bubble going.at the end of the day all they have is a lousy pigeon hole,material wise sinkies are no richer than the sinkies from 70s and 80s.and their biggest asset is their hdb,if the housing bubble were to collapse,sinkies will be left with nothing.trillions of wealth will disappear overnight into the pockets of those who are well invested and diversified.I rather own sstocks and bonds and reits than to ever own a hdb in my life.what we need is a japan like housing bubble and boom stagflation for twenty years.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP knows full well that many do not understand economics and have taken advantage of it. Just look at this thread and the views. Chan Chun Sing was banging on this. Nobody wondered why the guy who is the actual economist, former foreign minister, former head of MAS who was at the same rally and seated nearby, who also spoke did not say it. Tharman was not prepared to compromise his professional standing.

Chris Kuan did some work on the CPF which he presented at a panel discussion. He revealed the performance and the disparity in return between EPF and CPF which was already mentioned in this forum years ago. So nothing new. He also struck me as non-independent. It eventually turned out that he was with Tan Jee Say's SingFirst Party. Their performance in GE2015 was dismal. They had to thank KJ's Reform Party who were Indian centric candidates of the rough sort with press meeting held at coffeeshops did not go unnoticed and who came in last. The difference between last and second last was a razor thin 0.9 percentage points.

This is no different to Khaw claiming he paid only $8 for his heart bypass surgery and hospitalisation. I am sure it was absolutely true. But most Singaporeans having undergone or know of family members, friends and colleagues who have undergone similar or even minor procedures know that the cost would have been very high. His claim was a joke despite it being true for him. It was also a red herring but it fell flat.

Chan was smarter than Khaw but Chris Kuan was not politically sharp and fell for it.

A little hazy about the sequence of response. Regardless, Chan likely did not expect Chris to have revealed SG's triple-A ratings secret recipe. The PAP government has earned a reputation for being tight-fisted on social spending and downright avaricious for revenue, so the message did stick to those following the exchange. I can accept the land sales proceeds for reasons that are better left unsaid, but for healthcare it is contentious as it needs to be addressed but there are more medical procedures and conditions than smartphone models in the market. Furthermore not hopeful with Gan at the helm. Have I mentioned how much he annoys me? But such is life. Khaw, Gan and previously Lui are the saikang warriors, stained and destined to do the dirty deeds of the mighty PAP. Hope we get another willing thrall soon.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing secret about the recipe. Thus the constant criticism of how we operate our economy and hoarding reserves at the expense of neglecting the vulnerable and the needy. TT Durai followed the same recipe - surplus, high reserves from donations received and kidney patients received less than 10cents to the dollar. And many donated thinking it will reach the ones that were suffering. Looks like the govt did not learn from TT Durai.

Agree on Gan and Chan. Chan annoys everyone and till this day no one can explain how he ended up as an MP let alone a Minister.

A little hazy about the sequence of response. Regardless, Chan likely did not expect Chris to have revealed SG's triple-A ratings secret recipe. The PAP government has earned a reputation for being tight-fisted on social spending and downright avaricious for revenue, so the message did stick to those following the exchange. I can accept the land sales proceeds for reasons that are better left unsaid, but for healthcare it is contentious as it needs to be addressed but there are more medical procedures and conditions than smartphone models in the market. Furthermore not hopeful with Gan at the helm. Have I mentioned how much he annoys me? But such is life. Khaw, Gan and previously Lui are the saikang warriors, stained and destined to do the dirty deeds of the mighty PAP. Hope we get another willing thrall soon.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So PAP are no better than insurance companies,we are run as a business first and a nation last,and our leaders dont see themselves as any different from businessmen.what irks me is not how we accumulate such a huge surplus every year but how so little are spent on welfare and how much is spent on approving white elephants and bloating budgets of already bloated ministries.this is tantamount to corruption and robbing the nations coffers.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal is a PAP mole. Most of the time, he pretends to be pro oppo, then look at all his comments whacking CSJ during the BB by elections. He is nothing more then a PAP asshole, but a devious one. At least johnTan is upfront and you know where he is coming from, Scroobal pretends to be something he is not. He must be Indian.

Not surprising at all if true, isn't he a SG police scholar?

jw5

Loyal

Do more, talk less. Most important thing is to have more courage. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
It kills 2 birds with 1 stone. The Government gets rich from the land sales, development charges, stamp duties etc, and while the people get bogged down by mortgage payments they become compliant to their employers and the powers that be. So in a weird way its peace and prosperity but mainly for them.

They can do this because many sinkies are impressionable and easily manipulated, and some suffer from delusions of grandeur while others lack courage. :wink: