• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Tharman 'categorically' rules himself out as next PM

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 2 other outstanding points on Tharman, where he appears to outshine everyone in the local political scene, including LHL:

1) His role in the IMF

2) His tour de force performance at the St Gallen Symposium

Imf is a negative point for him actually,it just makes him more of a snake than he already is,we all know why imf supports singapore,singapore is the epitome of everything right wing and keynesian economics.extremely low taxes,tax haven for rich and corporations,zero estate tax,zero capital gains tax,zero welfare,singapore spends less than 1 percent gdp on welfare,zero unions,lax labour laws,open and free immigration.fuck the imf.....we are a elitist,rich man,Keynesian wetdream.

honestly this black dog is too slick for his own good,he works for the imf and the PAP,that should be two huge red flags against him.no matter how slick willy and smooth operator and smart he is,its best to keep an eye on the snake at all times with a crowbar behind ur back in case u need to do some snake bashing.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
LoL, that is an interesting and insightful question!

Yes he was.

Curiously though, I recall Tharman telling private banking queen Tan Shu Shan on a post budget tv show a year or two before he abolished estate duty that this was not on the cards.

Think that was before mama Lee had her massive stroke in London?!

Was tarma the Finance Minister the year estate duty was abolished in S'pore?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am for changing the consituition to have an Indian PM, a Malay PM & chinese PM concurrently besides on rotation basis Peenoise, Myanmarese n Euransian... to reflect multi racial nature of our population!
!!
AMeN

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, I missed this.

It probably explain one particular trivia that has emerged recently - Ho Ching seeking attention in the National space with handbags as the excuse. Old Man's wife did nothing of that sort and never had to. Neither did GCT's wife.

Handbag diplomacy at it again - this time with poetry: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...hing-story-behind-the-bag-she-carried-to-meet

Mrs Lee Hsien Loong pens poem sharing touching story behind the bag she carried to meet Japan's royal couple

SINGAPORE - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's wife Ho Ching made international headlines in August when she showed up at the White House toting a $14.90 dinosaur-print pouch designed by an autistic student artist.

Her accessory choice during PM Lee's recent official visit to Japan is once again a talking point, after she wrote a poem sharing the heartwarming story behind the bag she carried to a private lunch at the Imperial Palace with Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko on Tuesday (Sept 27).

In a Facebook post on Sunday (Oct 2) morning, Mrs Lee explained that the bag had been at a previous meeting with the Japanese royal couple - carried by another woman, who died a couple of years ago.

"This elegant bag / also went with Yoko / to meet the kind and gracious / Emperor and Empress of Japan," Mrs Lee wrote.

"It has waited years since, / lying safe in its paulownia wooden box, / filled with memories of happy times and / a loving lifetime with Masamoto."

She wrote that she had been given the bag, which had been "used only once", by a man named Masamoto after he read of "the news of you / and your dino pouch".

Mrs Lee said that she was unsure of accepting the bag initially because it seemed "so precious, / so full of memories". However, her friend insisted and she eventually promised that she would bring it with her on all visits to the Japanese royal couple.

Mrs Lee did not provide the family names of Masamoto and Yoko.

"Rest in peace, dear Yoko / And keep well, Masamoto," Mrs Lee wrote. "I will safekeep this special gift / of love and friendship."

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am for changing the consituition to have an Indian PM, a Malay PM & chinese PM concurrently besides on rotation basis Peenoise, Myanmarese n Euransian... to reflect multi racial nature of our population!
!!
AMeN

Yes ,I agree with you.I am for changing our current high standard of living ( first world) to a 3rd world standards like Mumbai,Dhaka ,Jakarta ,Yangon instead of pegging ourselves to the high standards of Shanghai ,Tokyo,Seoul or Taipei.By then we can all sit together under the coconut trees playing guitar and day dreaming...... ..

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is Indian stays in India.

never let a snake lead you into its shithole. They are good in power grab abuse.

Look at JBJ and D Nair that turned Singapore politic upside down.

Yes ,I agree with you.I am for changing our current high standard of living ( first world) to a 3rd world standards like Mumbai,Dhaka ,Jakarta ,Yangon instead of pegging ourselves to the high standards of Shanghai ,Tokyo,Seoul or Taipei.By then we can all sit together under the coconut trees playing guitar and day dreaming...... ..

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
didn't he did not know they poked fun at him.

Handbag diplomacy at it again - this time with poetry: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...hing-story-behind-the-bag-she-carried-to-meet

Mrs Lee Hsien Loong pens poem sharing touching story behind the bag she carried to meet Japan's royal couple

SINGAPORE - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's wife Ho Ching made international headlines in August when she showed up at the White House toting a $14.90 dinosaur-print pouch designed by an autistic student artist.

Her accessory choice during PM Lee's recent official visit to Japan is once again a talking point, after she wrote a poem sharing the heartwarming story behind the bag she carried to a private lunch at the Imperial Palace with Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko on Tuesday (Sept 27).

In a Facebook post on Sunday (Oct 2) morning, Mrs Lee explained that the bag had been at a previous meeting with the Japanese royal couple - carried by another woman, who died a couple of years ago.

"This elegant bag / also went with Yoko / to meet the kind and gracious / Emperor and Empress of Japan," Mrs Lee wrote.

"It has waited years since, / lying safe in its paulownia wooden box, / filled with memories of happy times and / a loving lifetime with Masamoto."

She wrote that she had been given the bag, which had been "used only once", by a man named Masamoto after he read of "the news of you / and your dino pouch".

Mrs Lee said that she was unsure of accepting the bag initially because it seemed "so precious, / so full of memories". However, her friend insisted and she eventually promised that she would bring it with her on all visits to the Japanese royal couple.

Mrs Lee did not provide the family names of Masamoto and Yoko.

"Rest in peace, dear Yoko / And keep well, Masamoto," Mrs Lee wrote. "I will safekeep this special gift / of love and friendship."