• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thank You, Heng Swee Keat

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HSK has the full backing of LKY. As long as the latter is alive, HSK is untouchable. Not sure what happens when the old man is gone.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCH was ranked poorly by MOE chaps when he headed the ministry. He was very ordinary. People there spoke highly of Tharman.

TCH was indeed rated as ordinary. Tharman, after TCH, appeared good. But he too was found lacking at MOE.

Let's see whether HSK can continue with his good form. It he does, it's good for Singapore.

I shudder to think that TCH or Tharman may one day be PM. LHL is bad enough. Two bad PMs in a row after GCT would be disastrous

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP knows which policies are bad, it is only selfish political interest that prevents them from doing what's right for singapore.

Whenever they have a bad policy that they want to get rid off, LHL will wait patiently until he can task one of his favoured men to do the job, so that the public -- which is you -- will view him in a good light. That is how LHL retains and even increases his power base within his own party.

It is nothing but a political game. I've seen thru this long ago and am jaded.

Exactly! DING DING DING!!! You get full marks. Hit the nail on the head! It's amazing how many Singaporeans still don't realize this.

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
a born leader will do what is right . no need to fear useless leeders.

if HSK fears LHL, then he is not PM material. better for him to step aside and let the real potential PM step forward

A born leader with honour would not have joined the PAP in its present form!

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. HSH dares to do and say the right thing and I am impressed too.
It's good to have people like you who don't just lump all MIWs together and criticise or praise them as a group. It's about time we identify the good from the bad in the ruling party. This would be a good way to move the country forward as a whole. Same with the oppositions. We criticise or praise the individuals according to their performance, conduct, care for the peoples and country, sincerity and the dare to change or be different; instead of just be pro or anti the whole party, ruling or otherwise.
Cheers to you Tracy!

You actually believe that a guy who just joined the Cabinet would dare to make such major policy shifts without being told to do so by his seniors?!? Talk about gullibility! Exercise your grey cells a little more and you should be able to understand why the Establishment is making such shifts now. Jeez!!

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCH was ranked poorly by MOE chaps when he headed the ministry. He was very ordinary. People there spoke highly of Tharman.

That's simply because Tharman is more intelligent then TCH. Note that I am only commenting on a pure comparison of grey matter and not other factors.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You actually believe that a guy who just joined the Cabinet would dare to make such major policy shifts without being told to do so by his seniors?!? Talk about gullibility! Exercise your grey cells a little more and you should be able to understand why the Establishment is making such shifts now. Jeez!!

After GE 2011, LHL wants to be seen as doing something. He knows the older ministers are useless, so he rather try out HSK, CCS and TJC.

What has LHL got to lose? Stick with TCH, Tharman, LSS, KBW and the pap will get globbered at the next GE.

Desperate times for the pap

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
a class size of 40, how to keep all the students engaged? reduced the class size to no more than 25. learn from Finland :o:o:o

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly! DING DING DING!!! You get full marks. Hit the nail on the head! It's amazing how many Singaporeans still don't realize this.

Yes. I suspect that is what is going to happen for National Conversation. They have already decided which are the ones to let go. Then astroturf it to show engagement. Will wait and see.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
a class size of 40, how to keep all the students engaged? reduced the class size to no more than 25. learn from Finland :o:o:o

Not only that.
It is also the curriculum.
A simple comparison with the curriculum (and grading) of schools in the West will show how different the priorities are.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree. My hope is that HSK has the courage to openly admit that class size matters and work towards a smaller class size.

Increasing teacher's alone pay does not remove the dissatisfaction of teachers. Giving teacher's support in dealing with unreasonable parents is a right move. Cutting down on non teaching admin work is also important. Reducing class size is important too.

It's a chicken and egg situation. Many capable singaporeans dont want to join tecahing because of huge dissatisfaction with MOE.

So let's see how HSK deals with this sticky situation which he inherited from TCH, Tharman and NEH's mismanagement

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. I suspect that is what is going to happen for National Conversation. They have already decided which are the ones to let go. Then astroturf it to show engagement. Will wait and see.

I agree with you.

let's see how the pap proceed with this

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only that.
It is also the curriculum.
A simple comparison with the curriculum (and grading) of schools in the West will show how different the priorities are.

Spot on !! HSK has his hands full. Let's see whether his Director General of education, Ho Ping, is worth her salt

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Cabinet is really committed to doing away with many things that LKY and GCT had laid down. After George Yeo's public call to 'shake the box', PAP leaders know the ground has shifted. what needs to be changed is clear. its how to sell the changes without embarassing the previous PAP Ministers is the challenge...hence, 'singapore conversation'...

Whatever the PAP leaders can come up with is pure 'damage control'...they can see the writing on the wall: 2016, half of Parliament may be in opposition hands!

And one main contributor of this will be the middle level civil servants will drag their feet in the hope that the Ministers who are 'revolutionary' get posted out and things go back to the good old ways!