• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Thank this, thank that.

MarcusTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
New campaign launched to encourage people to greet and thank public transport workers

SINGAPORE - A new campaign encouraging people to greet and thank public transport workers, such as bus captains and rail engineers, was unveiled on Sunday morning (Oct 21).

Called the Public Transport Workers' Appreciation Campaign, it features outdoor posters, walkway banners, bus advertisements and digital engagement efforts, encouraging the public to show appreciation to these unsung heroes who work tirelessly round the clock and behind the scenes to get Singaporeans to their destinations quickly and comfortably.

MP for Tampines GRC Baey Yam Keng, who is Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Culture, Community and Youth, launched the campaign on Sunday morning.

Mr Baey, who visited public transport workers at Tampines MRT station and bus interchange, said: "These workers work very hard, rain or shine, to provide efficient, reliable service, whether through bus or the MRT.

"If you can spare a thought, give them a smile. Greet them. When the bus captain waits for you, just say 'thank you' as you board the bus. It will really make their day, and these gestures will motivate them to deliver better service to the public."

He hopes people will make it a habit to express their appreciation all year round, and not just for the campaign's one-month duration.

"The most direct result to see is that our public transport workers feel appreciated."

Commuters can also show their appreciation by sharing their messages online with the hashtag #ThankYouPTWorkers.

The campaign is jointly organised by the Land Transport Authority and Ministry of Transport.

It is supported by the National Transport Workers' Union, Singapore Kindness Movement, as well as public transport operators SBS Transit, SMRT, Tower Transit and Go-Ahead Singapore.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
So we the citizens of Singapore have to thank the PAP ministers for their "hard work " ??? This is really going from Uniquely Singapore to Ridiculously Singapore !

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN by right pap should go around thanking sinkie for voting them they should be considered unsung hero to pap without them they won't draw so much salary KNN

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
100 likes = $10? With this incentive I can guarantee every bus captain greets the passengers and the latter will response in kind. No money no talk. No wonder Baey bin can only be stuck as MP. How to be multimillionaire minister like that? Long live PAP. Huat ahhhhhhhhhh

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah I need to thank them to jack up the fares and shoddy service level. It’s like thanking someone who have raped your Wife.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank God for PAP...each time you see a minister or PAP MP...say thank you, kowtow & prostrate on the floor, touch the toe ( don't suck). THANK YOU PAP! Why don't the transport workers thank us for paying their salaries...or did these transport workers volunteered too?, then, THANK YOU, xia, xia, Terimah Kasih...Nanri, dhayavaad ...Salamat!, kyay zutin bar dae!, cam on ban, khaawp-khun...& these are the official languages of Stinkerpore..

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
New campaign launched to encourage people to greet and thank public transport workers

SINGAPORE - A new campaign encouraging people to greet and thank public transport workers, such as bus captains and rail engineers, was unveiled on Sunday morning (Oct 21).

Called the Public Transport Workers' Appreciation Campaign, it features outdoor posters, walkway banners, bus advertisements and digital engagement efforts, encouraging the public to show appreciation to these unsung heroes who work tirelessly round the clock and behind the scenes to get Singaporeans to their destinations quickly and comfortably.

MP for Tampines GRC Baey Yam Keng, who is Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Culture, Community and Youth, launched the campaign on Sunday morning.

Mr Baey, who visited public transport workers at Tampines MRT station and bus interchange, said: "These workers work very hard, rain or shine, to provide efficient, reliable service, whether through bus or the MRT.

"If you can spare a thought, give them a smile. Greet them. When the bus captain waits for you, just say 'thank you' as you board the bus. It will really make their day, and these gestures will motivate them to deliver better service to the public."

He hopes people will make it a habit to express their appreciation all year round, and not just for the campaign's one-month duration.

"The most direct result to see is that our public transport workers feel appreciated."

Commuters can also show their appreciation by sharing their messages online with the hashtag #ThankYouPTWorkers.

The campaign is jointly organised by the Land Transport Authority and Ministry of Transport.

It is supported by the National Transport Workers' Union, Singapore Kindness Movement, as well as public transport operators SBS Transit, SMRT, Tower Transit and Go-Ahead Singapore.
Next they will be asking the people to thank pinky n the pap for a job well done..must pay them millions to show gratitude n must vote for them to show even more gratitude.. pap has made alot of sacrifices..so singkies must be forever grateful n indebted etc to the pap

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But instead majority sinkies went to thank MIW. So dont blame the garment for all the wrong policies.

I am so thankful for the PAP...each day I pray to God & thank the PAP...God first, than PAP...I step out of the house, I thank God & then the PAP...I go to the toilet I relive myself I thank God & then the PAP. I thank the PAP for the air that I breathe, the water I drink, the path on which I walk in...

I am so THANKFUL..thank you PAP, I don't blame their policies, it is me, who is confused over them...thank you PAP.