• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thaksin Shinawatra

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did some research on origin of the curse.
Apparently the curse was made by King Taksin...supposedly directed at his then General Chakri.....that whoever desposed him (Taksin) from throne would be finished in 9 generations.
There are those who believe that PM Thaksin is reincarnation of King Tak back to regain his throne.

ah yes that makes sense I recall having heard about this last time thanks for refreshing my mind.

Also notice how similar thaksins name is to king taksin. The prophecy skins like it's coming true but king taksin is rather benevolent. I mean letting someone's descendants live for nine generations that's a damn long time. He should have cursed him not to have any descendants at all.

E69 I'm impressed by your understanding of the situation....you must be a Thai lover like me.

Yes you are 100% spot on.
Those who want to understand more in depth can read up on the thai sakdina system....this machiam the ah neh caste system.
Know all the facts before deciding if Khun Thaksin is a devil or a godsend.

I don't know why over in the ang moh Thai visa forum the ang mohs are so pro yellow. the forum has rules that you cannot talk about the monarchy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
E69 I'm impressed by your understanding of the situation....you must be a Thai lover like me.

Yes you are 100% spot on.
Those who want to understand more in depth can read up on the thai sakdina system....this machiam the ah neh caste system.
Know all the facts before deciding if Khun Thaksin is a devil or a godsend.

They have quite a good discussion on the sakdina system here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/338025-sakdina-the-curse-of-modern-thailand/page-2

It's not really like the keling one where you are born into it and you are forever at that position it's more a socio political type of system where you can elavate your status with wealth and land unlike the shit skin one where if you a born an untouchable pariah you and your desecendants are forever one.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know why over in the ang moh Thai visa forum the ang mohs are so pro yellow. the forum has rules that you cannot talk about the monarchy.

I suspect it has to do with some policies set by thaksin then that discriminate and impacted those Angmos 'expats'...
Like the max 180 days stay visa, war against drugs, against pedophiles, early closure of bars....

I've been to a few gatherings organized by some of the TV forum people....in real life many are red neck trailer trash old geezers stretching their pension in Los.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect it has to do with some policies set by thaksin then that discriminate and impacted those Angmos 'expats'...
Like the max 180 days stay visa, war against drugs, against pedophiles, early closure of bars....

I've been to a few gatherings organized by some of the TV forum people....in real life many are red neck trailer trash old geezers stretching their pension in Los.

Yup many of them seem to be damn old. 70 yr old are quite common and married to some 55 yr old thai woman.

Actually didn't you stick out among them since most of them should be ang moh and old.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup many of them seem to be damn old. 70 yr old are quite common and married to some 55 yr old thai woman.

Actually didn't you stick out among them since most of them should be ang moh and old.

I was active in that forum back when I was staying in Los.
They used to organize gatherings....I was free so I joined in. I dun feel out of place as with these Internet meet up....we already got to know each other in a way. It was fun in the beginning then I lost interest. Some of them been there for decades and save for their white appearance....they are all thai....amazing really.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was active in that forum back when I was staying in Los.
They used to organize gatherings....I was free so I joined in. I dun feel out of place as with these Internet meet up....we already got to know each other in a way. It was fun in the beginning then I lost interest. Some of them been there for decades and save for their white appearance....they are all thai....amazing really.

i don't get what u mean save for white appearance and all thai how long ago was that?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Narong, in your opinion how do you think the present saga will end?

The present situation looks like Deja Vu 2006, where there were demonstrations and the Democrats not participating in elections. Of course now is a bit different like more Parties participating and the Police do not use force. But the election is to take place on 02 Feb 14 and the demonstration is set to continue.

What's the talk at Thaivisa?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honestly if you are a foreigner why would you side the yellows? how would it benefit you?

Are some pro yellow foreigners thinking that somehow the wealth of the elites would somehow flow over to them or wait perhaps they hope the elites keep the poor in their place so that they will always have a steady supply of cheap hookers. think about this rural people are kept poor so they are forced to end up as bar girls or hookers to earn more money. If they got more education or were suddenly empowered they and would probably choose some other profession and the hooker supply would dwindle and cost more and not only that the taxi fares and house maids would cost more since most of them are rural issan folks. Can bet that's why some foreigners support the dems and the king

fuksin shinnafux

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rice farmers threaten 'final showdown' if demands not met
The Sunday Nation http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697684-rice-farmers-threaten-final-showdown-if-demands-not-met/

"Payments were due starting 5 months ago. Why were funds not been arranged since then?
Ah...perhaps the fact that this scheme has ran out of money could have been hidden from view by using those monies earmarked for water management (Bt350b) and mega-infrastructure (Bt2.2t), since the latter two budgets were arranged to be beyond the scrutiny of the Parliament and the Opposition.
Now such budgets are denied them, and the truth about the rice scam is being exposed. So excuses have to be made and fingers pointing at someone else."

"If only the TVF threads from the beginning of Yingluck's reign could be translated into Lao and Kamen languages and distributed throughout the rice growing areas. Threads when myself and other serious observers were accurately forecasting the impending top down corruption frenzy and farmers dis-satisfaction at being shafted by the crooks they elected were being posted on a regular basis(to be met by the belligerent, outraged chortles of Thaksin's followers who told us that the scheme was genius thought up by a genius).

I told you so. We told you so. Now wisen up, and move on. Oh, and might be worth changing your crop as Thai rice will be virtually unsaleable for the next decade or so thanks to your greed and gullibility."

"PT has been found out. Their supporters now realise they are full of BS and do not give a toss about the farmers. Don't try to create some sort of conspiracy theory out of this. The truth is PT has betrayed their core support through their economic ineptitude."

" .... That's why they feel so betrayed by the government promises of payment they believed were true.
It's not "just politics" to them .... it's life or death for their families.
The Rice scheme was always a money loser, because the pledge price was always intended to be higher than any fair market price the government could expect to receive from the sales of it's pledged Rice stocks.
That is how the red shirt government baited the hook to reel in the farmers and their votes.

Now he government has danced it's merry dance to the fiddler's tune, but they haven't yet paid the fiddler's fee."

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rice farmers threaten 'final showdown' if demands not met
The Sunday Nation http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697684-rice-farmers-threaten-final-showdown-if-demands-not-met/

"Payments were due starting 5 months ago. Why were funds not been arranged since then?
Ah...perhaps the fact that this scheme has ran out of money could have been hidden from view by using those monies earmarked for water management (Bt350b) and mega-infrastructure (Bt2.2t), since the latter two budgets were arranged to be beyond the scrutiny of the Parliament and the Opposition.
Now such budgets are denied them, and the truth about the rice scam is being exposed. So excuses have to be made and fingers pointing at someone else."

"If only the TVF threads from the beginning of Yingluck's reign could be translated into Lao and Kamen languages and distributed throughout the rice growing areas. Threads when myself and other serious observers were accurately forecasting the impending top down corruption frenzy and farmers dis-satisfaction at being shafted by the crooks they elected were being posted on a regular basis(to be met by the belligerent, outraged chortles of Thaksin's followers who told us that the scheme was genius thought up by a genius).

I told you so. We told you so. Now wisen up, and move on. Oh, and might be worth changing your crop as Thai rice will be virtually unsaleable for the next decade or so thanks to your greed and gullibility."

"PT has been found out. Their supporters now realise they are full of BS and do not give a toss about the farmers. Don't try to create some sort of conspiracy theory out of this. The truth is PT has betrayed their core support through their economic ineptitude."

" .... That's why they feel so betrayed by the government promises of payment they believed were true.
It's not "just politics" to them .... it's life or death for their families.
The Rice scheme was always a money loser, because the pledge price was always intended to be higher than any fair market price the government could expect to receive from the sales of it's pledged Rice stocks.
That is how the red shirt government baited the hook to reel in the farmers and their votes.

Now he government has danced it's merry dance to the fiddler's tune, but they haven't yet paid the fiddler's fee."
If this is true and the rice farmers feels cheated then let them show their frustrations thru the ballot box in the coming elections.
Democrats and their yellow shit fans should welcome this election then instead of boycotting it.

Why? Simple...because the democrats themselves know they can't win because only their fellow elites vote for them...

fuksin shinnafux

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nepotism, corruption and negligence by Shinawatra's government are the root causes of the demonstrations.

The protest movement in Thailand is not triggered by class differences as described by many foreign journalists. It is, in fact, inspired by the discontentment towards the unprecedented levels of governmental corruption, the elective dictatorship in parliament, and doubts about the Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's expertise and competence to lead the country based on good governance and respect for the rule of law.

In 2001, many middle class Thais voted for Thaksin Shinawatra believing that he entered politics to contribute to the development of Thailand. However, it turned out that he came to power to exploit the country for his personal business interests. Thaksin’s era can best be described as the era of unprecedented nepotism and corruption. The self-exiled former prime minister has many corruption and political malpractice charges currently pending in the Thai courts, charges from which he has intentionally fled.

All cases were investigated by a special task force set up to perform as an ad hoc attorney general, and by the Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission. All legal grounds and juridical procedures were based on Thailand’s criminal laws, and not by any special law.

It is a well-known fact that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, Thaksin's sister, who has no background in politics whatsoever, acts as his proxy. The majority party in parliament - the Puea Thai Party - is still under total control of Thaksin, given the fact that many Puea Thai members of parliament, as well as cabinet members, still travel abroad to pay homage to Thaksin as a symbol of "the Big Boss", and in order to receive instructions from him. Yingluch, herself, does not have any leading position in the party. She is neither the leader of the party nor a member of its executive committee.

Governmental negligence

At present, governmentally-enabled nepotism is widespread in Thai society and has crept into the civil service and law enforcement agencies. The fact that this government has shown its "true colour", contrary to their promised manifestos, has brought the people to the street.

Additionally, the peaceful demonstration is triggered by the rampant corruption of Yingluck's government. To name a few, the Rice Mortgage scheme, which Thaksin explicitly and publicly claimed as his program, and the current government has wholeheartedly implemented as policy, has caused the country to lose not just $13bn, but also Thailand’s competitiveness in the rice export market. The scheme has many loopholes which allow people with government connections to embezzle money.

This government has also tried to circumvent the budgetary practice by submitting a bill to allow them to get $70bn for infrastructure megaprojects - projects that are, at best, vague and in embryonic stage. The bill is only four pages long, lacks any details, and will subject the country to a 50-year loan.

The final straw?

The main cause that has united the demonstrators, is that the government has circumvented the rule of law by submitting the Amnesty Bill to exonerate Thaksin from all the corruption charges. Moreover, the Amnesty Bill, which is now pending for confirmation by the House of Representatives, will prohibit any investigation into Thaksin’s involvement in the governmentally-ordered extrajudicial killings and abuse of human rights in the restive southern border provinces, as well as the criminal crime cases in the war on drugs, while he was prime minister.

This bill also aims to reimburse Thaksin from approximately $1.5bn which was seized by the verdict of the Supreme Court in 2010, when he was found guilty on five counts of corruption, deliberately hiding his wealth, and masking ownership of shares in his family-controlled telecommunications company, Shin Corp. The court also found that Thaksin's government pursued policies that enriched his family's companies, including through loans to countries like Myanmar.

Additionally, the demonstrators find the government’s populist policies intolerable. Examples of such policies are, in addition to the rice mortgage scheme, reduction of excise tax for first-time car buyers, credit card for farmers, revolving credit, and free electricity and water for villages. These policies are enacted solely to gain votes while, in turn, bring the country deeper into debt.

Responsible politicians do not consciously and morally introduce such policies knowing that they will cause irreparable damage to the country's fiscal situation, as well as imbuing a "culture of beggars" among the people. These policies are not only contrary to fundamental economic principles, but also shake the core of universally accepted democratic values. Populist policies may buy votes, but, they take away the determination for self-improvement and the value and ethics of hard work.

Finally and significantly, this government has destroyed the "true democratic value" the Thai hold dear. We value transparent and accountable government, and politicians who respect the rule of law. While the government keeps on insisting that they are lawfully elected within the democratic process, they have intentionally forgotten to mention that the last election was full of electoral fraud and vote rigging.

Checks and balances no longer function as Prime Minster Yingluck, her cabinet members and the Puea Thai members of the House of Representative, continuously feign ignorance of the parliamentary system. Censure motions are treated by the government as a joke. The Prime Minister does not answer questions posed by the opposition and rarely attends parliamentary debates.

The Principle of the Rule of Law, checks and balances and separation of powers eroded further, when recently, some Puea Thai members of the House of Representative filed rebellion charges against the Constitutional Court judges over their ruling on an amendment to the constitution regarding the composition of the Senate. The Court ruled that the charter the government wanted to amend, violates the constitution, and that the procedure was improperly implemented.

Moreover, some Puea Thai parliamentarians committed fraud by voting by proxy. The question is how can we, the Thai people, place our faith and trust in the government when they are the ones abusing, by every means possible, their executive and legislative powers for personal gain and not for the interest of the nation?

The Thais have a legitimate right to protest against a corrupt and unlawful government. It has done enough damage to our beloved country. We cannot allow them more time in power to cause more damage.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

When Yingluck stood for Election in 2011, everybody knows that she has zero political background and that she would be the next PM (as Pheu Thai Number 1 Party List candidate). The majority voted for her and her party. So to say that she is new to politics and being put as PM by Thaksin is crap. She was voted in by the Thai people with their eyes wide open!!!

Secondly, this crap about corruption, nepotism etc is nothing new to Thailand and it existing many years before Thaksin was born. The fact is, it is ok for the elite to do it, but once the power shifted away from the elites, they will use this as pretext to destroy those who block their path to wealth and power.

That 2010 court verdict was by whom? A judge appointed by the Military Junta who overthrew Thaksin in a coup. Need we say more?

So much crap in the article, well if all are true, then let's vote Yingluck and Phue Thai out via a election and not a coup or some judgement by some Junta appointed court.

Last edited:

fuksin shinnafux

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of countries officially visited by Yingluck during her 2 years as Prime Minister

During Yingluck Shinawatra's tenure as Prime Minister, she has traveled to more than 40 countries in an effort to strengthen the relationship between them. Her goals include improvement of trade relations and increased export business investments, and studying water resources management.

ASIA

Num Country/Territory Note
1 India Visit as a guest of the government. and attend the ASEAN-India Car Rally at Vigyan Bhawan.
2 Cambodia Help support the Cambodian to buy products of Thailand, and Meet Hun Sen
3 South Korea Swearing in ceremony was attended by the President Park Geun-hye, Republic of Korea.
4 China Help support the Chinese to buy products of Thailand and High-speed rail discussions to develop joint projects.
5 Bangladesh Discuss with the private sector and businessmen. During a dinner party. Organized by the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI) and the Association of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) at the Radisson Hotel.
6 Mongolia Attend the Community of Democracies - CD 7th at Mongolia.
7 Sri Lanka Visit as a guest of the government. and Join the celebration of 260 years of the founding families Siam Nikaya in Sri Lanka.
8 Tajikistan The water management of Tajikistan in cooperation with the United Nations.
9 Pakistan Visit as a guest of the government. and relations with Pakistan in a strong economic partnership.
10 Maldives Visit the Smart City Education Chancellor and the transition to salt water.
11 Bahrain Meet Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa and MOU Memorandum of Understanding signed between the two countries aimed at developing relations in education. Health and travel around Thailand and Bahrain.
12 Qatar Meet Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
13 Kuwait Chaired the opening reception to strengthen the confidence of the Kuwaiti political and economic stability of the country.
14 Turkey Both sides agreed to free trade agreements (FTA) Thailand - Turkey trade value to increase substantially within the next 5 years.
15 Hong Kong Signed a cooperation agreement on the trade and economic relations between Thailand - Hong Kong

EUROPE

1 Germany Visit as a guest of the government and tight binding partners. The economic crisis, European added value of trade and investment in Thailand.
2 France Exchange opinions on the economic crisis and the trend of French policy towards solving the problems and reinforce bilateral cooperation between them.
3 United Kingdom The bilateral relationship between the Secretary of State; Meets Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms
4 Sweden Meet King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden
5 Belgium Visited Belgium in the 130 years anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between them.
6 Poland Student academic cooperation. Especially medical science, renewable energy, food processing and agricultural privatization of Poland.
7 Switzerland Meeting 42nd World Economic Forum And Attend a meeting of the UN Human Rights Council's 24th session.
8 Italy Seeks Italy's partnership in strengthening South East Asian & South European cooperation[65]
9 Vatican City Homage to Pope Francis
10 Montenegro Open a new relationship and Special visit as a guest of the government.

AFRICA

1 Mozambique Technologies into the private sector. Mozambique is a country in Africa with a high growth rate.
2 Tanzania Knowledge about natural gas. The mining. And wildlife conservation.
3 Uganda Exchange of academic knowledge, both agriculture and fisheries.

ASIA-PACIFIC

1 Australia Visit as a guest of the government.
2 New Zealand Visit as a guest of the government.
3 Papua New Guinea Visit as a guest of the government.

ASEAN

1 Brunei Visit as a guest of the government.
2 Indonesia Visit as a guest of the government.
4 Laos Visit as a guest of the government.
5 Burma Visit as a guest of the government.
6 Vietnam Visit as a guest of the government.
7 Singapore Visit as a guest of the government.
8 Philippines Visit as a guest of the government.
9 Malaysia Visit as a guest of the government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rice is a big biz and will always be. fortunately or unfortunately, everyone need to eat rice. dio boh? yeah, it's definitely not so straight forward.

if someday, and i sincerely hope, that day will never come. what happen if stinking land no rice to import?

fuksin shinnafux

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cambodia: A Warning of What Thaksin’s Thailand Will Become

http://www.globalresearch.ca/thailands-thaksin-regime-and-the-cambodian-connection/5360470

Cambodia has provided sanctuary for Thaksin’s most extreme political allies, and served as a base of operations form which to destabilize neighboring Thailand. Hun Sen even went as far as officially appointing Thaksin as Cambodia’s “adviser on economics” to bolster his sagging legitimacy. While Thaksin is widely believed to be in exile in Dubai, he divides at least part of his time staying in Cambodia. With militants and thugs from Cambodia turning up behind violence targeting anti-regime protesters, the trail of slime leads to Hun Sen and Thaksin’s door.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Elites appoint themselves. Do you think they will appoint the rural poor into their puppet council? Even if they do, probably a token number. In summary, they Yellow shIT are still into modern feudalism.

The Elites never dare to say openly, but inside them, they still believe that they are the “Amart” (อำมาตย์) meaning “elite, lord”; while those rural poor and red shirts are “Prai” (ไพร่) meaning “serf”.

Thaksin came and changed that equation and let the rural poor knows that their one-vote is as good as the one-vote of any Amarts. This anger the Amarts and therefore they try to get rid of Thaksin.

Many respects for you KRUP!