• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Terrex AFV confiscation in HKG: The Implications and Revelations

jw5

Loyal
Let me see now, its all about the missing or incorrect documentation or paperwork, right?

HKG Customs: "APL, we seem to be missing such and such documents for this shipment of armour vehicles. You have it or not"
APL: "Sorry, yes, we have all the missing paperwork, will get it from our office and deliver to you tomorrow, ok?"

Like that takes 2 months?

HKG Customs: "APL, we seem to be missing such and such documents for this shipment of armour vehicles. You have it or not"
APL: "Sorry, yes, we have all the missing paperwork, will get it from our office and deliver to you in 60 days, ok?"

Like that takes 2 months. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....because-they-had-working-7-62mm-GPMG-on-board

So, now that it seems like there was Live GPMG machine guns in the shipment that was confiscated, and it might have in fact be the item that violated HKG Customs importation laws, this makes the whole cock up even worse.

As mentioned earlier, the Terrex were training in Hukou camp in North East Taiwan. the camp itself has a SAF armour camp within a camp, complete with its own armskote and ammo dump. Its unfathomable to me why they did not simply draw the GPG from the Hukou armskote when they arrived for the training. We used to do that in the days of AMX-13 and M-113 training. To ship live weapons unprotected and unguarded on a APL container ship is ridiculous. There was no need for that at all. Simply clean and return the GPMG at the conclusion of training and that is the end of that. No need to risk losing them to theft, piracy, and in this case customs interception.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Well, as expected, we can write the final footnote for this sordid affair. ST has indeed lost the US MArines new amphibious assault vehicle contest to a BAE entry. BAE has now been awarded a contract for potentially 200 vehicles that would have been worth $1.2 billion USD. Good job, u dumb fucks at ST and MINDEF.

Donch say u cannot get prescience threads in Sammyboy, hor. This is what I wrote from the original post 2 years ago:

This incident in my opinion will torpedo the ST Engineering bid to supply a version of Terrex to the US Marine Corp in their Amphibious Combat Vehicle competition. ST Engineering and its American partner were one of 2 finalists for the competition. The winner will supply the USMC with its next generation amphibious assault vehicle and initial order of over 200 units with follow on orders for potentially much more. This could be a multibillion dollar contract with ST wins it. The version of the Terrex being marketed to the USMC and under trials now for the competition is an improved version. It has the same basic Caterpillar C9 engine but puts out about 200HP more. And it is heavier at 29-30 tons versus 24 tons for the Terrex in SAF service. Nontheless, there are still many similarities with the version that the USMC is trialing. This confiscation will allow the PLA to completely analyze and evaluate the Terrex. THere is nothing to stop them from stripping the entire Terrex down and examining their hydropneumatic suspension, and water jet propulsion engines, these are 2 areas that the Chinese would like to see improvement in their own AFVs. Heck, they could drive one around to evaluate the mobility, fording, open water performance of the Terrex, and drive it to the ground, then set it up as a target fire all sorts of weapons at it to see how strong its armour protection is and where the vulnerable parts of the AFV are. The modular MEXAS armour would be of prime interest to the Chinese as they can reverse engineer it and find out its performance. Not to mention too that the Terrex has some other unique systems like an all round camera system for closed hatch driving, such goodies like GPS and a surveillance system that shows the driver where the vehicle is on a display screen. The vehicle also has a weapons detection system which is an acoustic system that allows the vehicle commander to see where enemy fire is coming from. The Terrex NBC suite (its defence against Nuclear, Bio and Chemical weapons) is almost certainly more sophisticated then anything the PLA has. The remote control weapons system (RCWS) is also unique to the Terrex and the Chinese would love to see how it works and it it can be used in their own AFVs. Finally, the brains of the Terrex, the Battlefield Management System is now fallen into the hands of the PLA. If I were the US Marine Corp, I would be feeling pretty naked now, knowing that the Chinese have their hands on my potential future AFV and knowing it intimately. Would the Chinese pass up this chance to dissect the Terrex, knowing that it is a potential buy for the USMC, I would think not. So, ST is pretty much screwed on this.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, as expected, we can write the final footnote for this sordid affair. ST has indeed lost the US MArines new amphibious assault vehicle contest to a BAE entry. BAE has now been awarded a contract for potentially 200 vehicles that would have been worth $1.2 billion USD. Good job, u dumb fucks at ST and MINDEF.

Donch say u cannot get prescience threads in Sammyboy, hor. This is what I wrote from the original post 2 years ago:

This incident in my opinion will torpedo the ST Engineering bid to supply a version of Terrex to the US Marine Corp in their Amphibious Combat Vehicle competition. ST Engineering and its American partner were one of 2 finalists for the competition. The winner will supply the USMC with its next generation amphibious assault vehicle and initial order of over 200 units with follow on orders for potentially much more. This could be a multibillion dollar contract with ST wins it. The version of the Terrex being marketed to the USMC and under trials now for the competition is an improved version. It has the same basic Caterpillar C9 engine but puts out about 200HP more. And it is heavier at 29-30 tons versus 24 tons for the Terrex in SAF service. Nontheless, there are still many similarities with the version that the USMC is trialing. This confiscation will allow the PLA to completely analyze and evaluate the Terrex. THere is nothing to stop them from stripping the entire Terrex down and examining their hydropneumatic suspension, and water jet propulsion engines, these are 2 areas that the Chinese would like to see improvement in their own AFVs. Heck, they could drive one around to evaluate the mobility, fording, open water performance of the Terrex, and drive it to the ground, then set it up as a target fire all sorts of weapons at it to see how strong its armour protection is and where the vulnerable parts of the AFV are. The modular MEXAS armour would be of prime interest to the Chinese as they can reverse engineer it and find out its performance. Not to mention too that the Terrex has some other unique systems like an all round camera system for closed hatch driving, such goodies like GPS and a surveillance system that shows the driver where the vehicle is on a display screen. The vehicle also has a weapons detection system which is an acoustic system that allows the vehicle commander to see where enemy fire is coming from. The Terrex NBC suite (its defence against Nuclear, Bio and Chemical weapons) is almost certainly more sophisticated then anything the PLA has. The remote control weapons system (RCWS) is also unique to the Terrex and the Chinese would love to see how it works and it it can be used in their own AFVs. Finally, the brains of the Terrex, the Battlefield Management System is now fallen into the hands of the PLA. If I were the US Marine Corp, I would be feeling pretty naked now, knowing that the Chinese have their hands on my potential future AFV and knowing it intimately. Would the Chinese pass up this chance to dissect the Terrex, knowing that it is a potential buy for the USMC, I would think not. So, ST is pretty much screwed on this.
decision is also affected by new admin looking into purchases of systems that have substantial domestic u.s. components, ipr contribution, manufacturing capacity, and 1st tier support. since bae comprises former units of fmc and harsco (united defense industries) which were u.s. corporations and military contractors since ww2, there are u.s. jobs and ipr at stake. it will be politically ironic if the gop and current admin egg the dod to award the contract to a foreign supplier when the message to voter base is “buy american and keep american jobs”. dod so far has been buying duds, flawed and substandard systems based not on the best of breed but best of greed and inbreed. when push cums to shove it’s not dod that makes the final call.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
decision is also affected by new admin looking into purchases of systems that have substantial domestic u.s. components, ipr contribution, manufacturing capacity, and 1st tier support. since bae comprises former units of fmc and harsco (united defense industries) which were u.s. corporations and military contractors since ww2, there are u.s. jobs and ipr at stake. it will be politically ironic if the gop and current admin egg the dod to award the contract to a foreign supplier when the message to voter base is “buy american and keep american jobs”. dod so far has been buying duds, flawed and substandard systems based not on the best of breed but best of greed and inbreed. when push cums to shove it’s not dod that makes the final call.
SAIC was going to set up a joint assembly line in South Carolina with ST Kinetics, so american jobs would be available.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAIC was going to set up a joint assembly line in South Carolina with ST Kinetics, so american jobs would be available.
no doubt saic would have to sweeten the proposal with manufacturing presence in the u.s. the jeopardy of parts and sub-systems of an earlier terrex model being compromised by the hk episode is a contributor to the lost bid. a significant reason but not the main reason. bae thru’ fmc and harsco has already had substantial presence all over the u.s. plus decades of lobbying in and around the pentagon and congressional offices in washington. the crappy bradley vehicle is a testament to the way the pentagon works. like the osprey and f-35 they know it’s flawed but decision is made with old boys network and politics in the background. and they can’t risk the tech being compromised and stolen with so many prc agents in sg. these tiongs are already embedded as “shitizens” in several r&d labs in sg. they can hide in sg but not in the u.s.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old boys network or not, since your new terrex which has been taken by your customer's enemy. This episode already put ST on back foot when competing for contract. Of course old boy network is a added disadvantage to ST.

White will always stick out with White no Matter how you put it. Racist or not is another matter.

The terrex is all done and dusted.
ST has to go back and redraw the whole terrex and their strategy.

Last but not least, i hate to see this spin doctors spinning rubbish in ST.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
no doubt saic would have to sweeten the proposal with manufacturing presence in the u.s. the jeopardy of parts and sub-systems of an earlier terrex model being compromised by the hk episode is a contributor to the lost bid. a significant reason but not the main reason. bae thru’ fmc and harsco has already had substantial presence all over the u.s. plus decades of lobbying in and around the pentagon and congressional offices in washington. the crappy bradley vehicle is a testament to the way the pentagon works. like the osprey and f-35 they know it’s flawed but decision is made with old boys network and politics in the background. and they can’t risk the tech being compromised and stolen with so many prc agents in sg. these tiongs are already embedded as “shitizens” in several r&d labs in sg. they can hide in sg but not in the u.s.

Isn't that what I said? The Terrex was compromised by the PRC theft. SAIC also has substantial contracts with the DOD. In fact, they are slick washington insider, which is why the STK partnered them in the first place. They almost won. That is why they are teaming up again in the uS army light tank program.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont forget they are trying to sell another light tank too. Thats finished also according to industry experts. They want 13 seater our terrax II only sits 11. Sheer genius. And BAE has been with america since wwII. The idea that you can beat them is laughable. The most jmpotant part is , its a compromised tank. China has done great even by just holding the tank in custody. Because no one will believe that tech wasnt reverse engineered

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...............….with so many prc agents in sg. these tiongs are already embedded as “shitizens” in several r&d labs in sg. they can hide in sg but not in the u.s.
May I also add that with so many Indian nationals and x-indian nationals/Pinoys in the red dot, the possibility of the same may happening esp in IT and finance s a possibility that cannot be discounted. No country in the world has as many foreigners working in its govt services as this place and in times of crisis, this will be fatal.
Were foreigners or x-foreigners running the IT system of the hospials that were hacked and our data stolen- the govt is not telling

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, this time the PAP and MINDEF has really screwed the pooch on this one. I really don’t know what to say on how badly this was handled and the level of incompetence shown at all levels. The whole situation opens up many more questions. I want to put my 2 cents worth in, as usual, and just share my thoughts and observations.

1) There has been some reports that the cargo vessel used to transport the Terrex transited in HKG to offload other cargo and accidentally offloaded the 9 Terrex. This was no accident. Because the Terrex does not fit in a standard shipping container, and the way that the Terrex was packaged, it was obvious to anyone that the silhouette under the tarpaulin could only be that of a tank or an Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV). Any dockyard workers or even PLA personnel and customs and police personnel can see that. Once this was reported to the higher authorities, likely, the ship was order to unload the Terrexes. The Chinese will never allow AFVs to be shipped through one of their ports without finding out what it is. So, this part was not a accident but a deliberate act by the Chinese, which escalates the situation immeasurably.

fw-armoured-carriers-inspection2.jpg

2)
What the heck were the AFVs doing, transiting through HKG in the first place? That is ridiculous. The reports indicate that they were shipped from the Taiwan port of Kaohsiung to Singapore. Which by itself is another ridiculous comment. It was mentioned by MINDEF that the Terrexes were:

The Straits Times said, “the armoured vehicles were being used by infantry troops who were undergoing their annual combat proficiency test, which is conducted by the Army Training Evaluation Centre, or Atec, in Hukou Camp in Hsinchu county, south-west of Taiwan.”

I know the Hukou camp very well, having been there many times. The Hukou camp is nowhere near the South West of Taiwan. In fact, it’s in the north East, close to the Port of Taipei and the Port of Keelung. If you have to ship sensitive cargo like AFVs out of Taiwan from Hukou, you would do it at one of those ports and not ship them all the way south to Kaohsiung. Kaohsiung is primarily an infantry training area for the SAF while Hukou is the one for SAF Armour. So this is an outright lie. Cargoes such as these Terrexes should be shipped directly to Singapore and not transit anywhere. Better still, a RSN vessel like an Endurance class Landing Platform Dock Ship (LPD) should have been used to transport these AFVs back to Singapore. The Endurance class can easily accommodate all the AFVS and more. Why was the RSN not tasked with the transportation of these AFVS, this is a role that they are familiar with and have done in the past? MINDEF needs to stop stretching the LPD resource by sending them to the Middle East as part of this useless task force or that useless support mission. They need to stop scoring brownie points with the US and other countries and take care of our own business.

You can also see here the effect that the loss of NOL has on this situation. Now that NOL is not a GLC , some idiot at MINDEF decided to use the cheapest shipper not knowing that they stopped off in HKG. If NOL was used, hopefully, some reservist or experienced person would have noticed that this is not a direct journey and notified some idiot in SAF to take care of it. In a worst case scenario, the ship can be diverted and re-routed away from HKG after the mistake was discouvered, but guess what, we don’t own the frigging shipping company anymore.

MINDEF has been shipping AFVs all over the world for decades. We shipped KP and AMX-13 tanks to Taiwan, and also M113s. We ship AMX-13s to Brunei, and Bionix, Leo 2 and AMX-13 and M113 to Australia. There has never before been an incident like this. Something has changed with the mindset and intelligence level at MINDEF and the SAF. How do you expect to successfully propagate a war or defend the island when you cannot get a simple thing like this straight any more? A scarier thought is that the shipment was hijacked instead of discovered during transit in HKG. Its possible that the Terrexes were placed on a direct ship to Singapore, but the ship was a China national flag and owned vessel. The Chinese could have ordered their own shipping company to order the ship captain to divert to HKG. That way, they are sending a message to the Taiwanese and to Singapore not to have this sort of co-operation again.

3) This is a political escalation by the Chinese. 3 days ago, Lee Hsien Loong told China that they are not the Middle Kingdom anymore, and telling China they will have to fit into a global network. The Chinese decide to repay him by confiscating the AFVs. Now, MINDEF says that “they expect the shipment to be returned expeditiously”, which is basically telling the Chinese to return our crap ASAP. I would think that the PAP are the only idiots in the room that do not realize the Chinese hold all the cards. I mean they have possession of our property, the property is illegal in China, and it was shipped on board a vessel without any approval or paperwork and docked in China. If I were the PAP, I would stop making public demands from the Chinese to “expeditiously return” the AFVs and work behind the scenes to get this done. Is this too hard for the SAF Ex scholar generals to comprehend? This is why you do not put ex Eye Doctors to become your Minister for Foreign Affairs, for the simple reason that they can’t tell foreign policy from a puddle of dog excrement. This whole affair should have been handled through the back channels and never even made the light of day, even if Factwire broke the news.

4)
Why has our relation with Taiwan deteriorated to this level? We have a substantial investment in the Hukou camp in Taiwan. We paid them a lot of money to build a camp within a camp for our SAF Starlight deployments for armour units. We used to have KP tanks and AMX-13s in tank sheds in Hukou, with the maintenance perm staff and other supplies there. Why aren’t we stationing the Terrex there instead of shipping them back? Did the Taiwanese tell us to remove them immediately, and hence there was a rush to get them out and ended using an inappropriate shipper? We have been doing ATEC training in Australia under Exercise MAthilda for a long time now why switch back to Taiwan? We used to station our tanks in Taiwan for months and years, so I am just wondering why we are shipping these back.

5)

6) There has been some speculation that the Terrexes were being trialled in Taiwan for potential sale to the Taiwanese. I don't think this is the case as it would create a shit storm from the Chinese and as well, many components of the Terrex are US made and hence needs an approval or licence from the US.

In any case, I think this is a huge mess and not only is it scary to the PAP and MINDEF, it is scary to Taiwan and all potential countries that Singapore ships equipment to, as well as to the US in that the vehicle is potentially compromised for their USMC trials.

Just my 2 cents.

*Author allows this article to be re-produced.
Well, this time the PAP and MINDEF has really screwed the pooch on this one. I really don’t know what to say on how badly this was handled and the level of incompetence shown at all levels. The whole situation opens up many more questions. I want to put my 2 cents worth in, as usual, and just share my thoughts and observations.

1) There has been some reports that the cargo vessel used to transport the Terrex transited in HKG to offload other cargo and accidentally offloaded the 9 Terrex. This was no accident. Because the Terrex does not fit in a standard shipping container, and the way that the Terrex was packaged, it was obvious to anyone that the silhouette under the tarpaulin could only be that of a tank or an Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV). Any dockyard workers or even PLA personnel and customs and police personnel can see that. Once this was reported to the higher authorities, likely, the ship was order to unload the Terrexes. The Chinese will never allow AFVs to be shipped through one of their ports without finding out what it is. So, this part was not a accident but a deliberate act by the Chinese, which escalates the situation immeasurably.

fw-armoured-carriers-inspection2.jpg

2)
What the heck were the AFVs doing, transiting through HKG in the first place? That is ridiculous. The reports indicate that they were shipped from the Taiwan port of Kaohsiung to Singapore. Which by itself is another ridiculous comment. It was mentioned by MINDEF that the Terrexes were:

The Straits Times said, “the armoured vehicles were being used by infantry troops who were undergoing their annual combat proficiency test, which is conducted by the Army Training Evaluation Centre, or Atec, in Hukou Camp in Hsinchu county, south-west of Taiwan.”

I know the Hukou camp very well, having been there many times. The Hukou camp is nowhere near the South West of Taiwan. In fact, it’s in the north East, close to the Port of Taipei and the Port of Keelung. If you have to ship sensitive cargo like AFVs out of Taiwan from Hukou, you would do it at one of those ports and not ship them all the way south to Kaohsiung. Kaohsiung is primarily an infantry training area for the SAF while Hukou is the one for SAF Armour. So this is an outright lie. Cargoes such as these Terrexes should be shipped directly to Singapore and not transit anywhere. Better still, a RSN vessel like an Endurance class Landing Platform Dock Ship (LPD) should have been used to transport these AFVs back to Singapore. The Endurance class can easily accommodate all the AFVS and more. Why was the RSN not tasked with the transportation of these AFVS, this is a role that they are familiar with and have done in the past? MINDEF needs to stop stretching the LPD resource by sending them to the Middle East as part of this useless task force or that useless support mission. They need to stop scoring brownie points with the US and other countries and take care of our own business.

You can also see here the effect that the loss of NOL has on this situation. Now that NOL is not a GLC , some idiot at MINDEF decided to use the cheapest shipper not knowing that they stopped off in HKG. If NOL was used, hopefully, some reservist or experienced person would have noticed that this is not a direct journey and notified some idiot in SAF to take care of it. In a worst case scenario, the ship can be diverted and re-routed away from HKG after the mistake was discouvered, but guess what, we don’t own the frigging shipping company anymore.

MINDEF has been shipping AFVs all over the world for decades. We shipped KP and AMX-13 tanks to Taiwan, and also M113s. We ship AMX-13s to Brunei, and Bionix, Leo 2 and AMX-13 and M113 to Australia. There has never before been an incident like this. Something has changed with the mindset and intelligence level at MINDEF and the SAF. How do you expect to successfully propagate a war or defend the island when you cannot get a simple thing like this straight any more? A scarier thought is that the shipment was hijacked instead of discovered during transit in HKG. Its possible that the Terrexes were placed on a direct ship to Singapore, but the ship was a China national flag and owned vessel. The Chinese could have ordered their own shipping company to order the ship captain to divert to HKG. That way, they are sending a message to the Taiwanese and to Singapore not to have this sort of co-operation again.

3) This is a political escalation by the Chinese. 3 days ago, Lee Hsien Loong told China that they are not the Middle Kingdom anymore, and telling China they will have to fit into a global network. The Chinese decide to repay him by confiscating the AFVs. Now, MINDEF says that “they expect the shipment to be returned expeditiously”, which is basically telling the Chinese to return our crap ASAP. I would think that the PAP are the only idiots in the room that do not realize the Chinese hold all the cards. I mean they have possession of our property, the property is illegal in China, and it was shipped on board a vessel without any approval or paperwork and docked in China. If I were the PAP, I would stop making public demands from the Chinese to “expeditiously return” the AFVs and work behind the scenes to get this done. Is this too hard for the SAF Ex scholar generals to comprehend? This is why you do not put ex Eye Doctors to become your Minister for Foreign Affairs, for the simple reason that they can’t tell foreign policy from a puddle of dog excrement. This whole affair should have been handled through the back channels and never even made the light of day, even if Factwire broke the news.

4)
Why has our relation with Taiwan deteriorated to this level? We have a substantial investment in the Hukou camp in Taiwan. We paid them a lot of money to build a camp within a camp for our SAF Starlight deployments for armour units. We used to have KP tanks and AMX-13s in tank sheds in Hukou, with the maintenance perm staff and other supplies there. Why aren’t we stationing the Terrex there instead of shipping them back? Did the Taiwanese tell us to remove them immediately, and hence there was a rush to get them out and ended using an inappropriate shipper? We have been doing ATEC training in Australia under Exercise MAthilda for a long time now why switch back to Taiwan? We used to station our tanks in Taiwan for months and years, so I am just wondering why we are shipping these back.

5)

6) There has been some speculation that the Terrexes were being trialled in Taiwan for potential sale to the Taiwanese. I don't think this is the case as it would create a shit storm from the Chinese and as well, many components of the Terrex are US made and hence needs an approval or licence from the US.

In any case, I think this is a huge mess and not only is it scary to the PAP and MINDEF, it is scary to Taiwan and all potential countries that Singapore ships equipment to, as well as to the US in that the vehicle is potentially compromised for their USMC trials.

Just my 2 cents.

*Author allows this article to be re-produced.

Welcome back.

Hey, how do you know maybe a conspiracy to send Terrex to China to copy.

In return Chinese can make it cheap and instead of pay for 10 units can buy 100 units if made in China for the same price.

Most CAQ genes hv wicked mind double headed snake. This is to screw up UArseA.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I also add that with so many Indian nationals and x-indian nationals/Pinoys in the red dot, the possibility of the same may happening esp in IT and finance s a possibility that cannot be discounted. No country in the world has as many foreigners working in its govt services as this place and in times of crisis, this will be fatal.
Were foreigners or x-foreigners running the IT system of the hospials that were hacked and our data stolen- the govt is not telling

If I am a senior individual in the SG civil service, I would not have allowed any FT whether or not a PR or eventually became a SG citizen, to work in any sensitive or non sensitive govt positions.
No reasonable govt will allow so many foreigners to be in SG and compete with SG citizens for jobs.
Citizens must be treated and given priority.
During my last visit to SG, four years ago, it was no longer the SG that I was born and raised.
Nowadays, SG appear to have numerous Mandarin speaking immigrants and darker skin individuals (whom you wish not to be near you).

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't that what I said? The Terrex was compromised by the PRC theft. SAIC also has substantial contracts with the DOD. In fact, they are slick washington insider, which is why the STK partnered them in the first place. They almost won. That is why they are teaming up again in the uS army light tank program.
there are not many u.s. military contractors left standing on their own that can do tanks, afv's and ifv's. besides the american units of bae systems, there's general dynamics land systems (gdls) which design and produce the abrams tank. saic is more into i.t., ccci engineering, and surveillance tech geared towards the intell community in and around reston, va. this is why they need a hardware partner like stk. but stk is considered an outlier or a (foreign) partner of convenience just to allow saic to bid in the tank/armored segment. unless they team up with general dynamics land systems, don't see how they can truly compete in the mostly hardware arena. of course, next gen tanks require i.t. and battlefield firmware to be successful with so much data to process and exploit - almost akin to drone or droid tanks. this is where saic plays a serious role. gdls has r&d presence in sillycon valley, and they are also into next gen i.t. and a.i. systems for land vehicles. stk will be used (again) for leverage in the light tank bid to keep bae and gdls at bay in terms of pricing and t's & c's. we can revisit this topic again when the light tank bid is out with a shortlist.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

why fatal. it will be gone in under 4 hours flat, there's more willing traitors taking after the old fart's foot step courtesy of the FAP. all the rail generals will fled with the paper generals. you will be left to feed the wolves.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"tech transfer", "intellectual property theft", and "industrial espionage" are front and center issues in the trade war between the trump admin and prc. he has so much data and evidence on prc's thievery plus hacking of weapon systems data that "trade" and "tariffs" are used as facade for the real deal. not to stir the hornet's nest inadvertently the u.s intell and counter espionage communities are watching naturalized phd shitizens (in sg, canada, arsetralia, u.s.) involved in sensitive r&d like hawks. 1 bad move and......

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel so shiok when I see things that screw up Stinkapore, in business or sports or any fucking thing.
If they win, they thump their own chests and award big big bonuses to themselves and say it is all due to them.
So winning meant nothing for Singaporeans and everything for those bastards.

I RATHER SEE SHIT ON THEIR FUCKING FACES EVERY TIME AND EACH TIME.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
there are not many u.s. military contractors left standing on their own that can do tanks, afv's and ifv's. besides the american units of bae systems, there's general dynamics land systems (gdls) which design and produce the abrams tank. saic is more into i.t., ccci engineering, and surveillance tech geared towards the intell community in and around reston, va. this is why they need a hardware partner like stk. but stk is considered an outlier or a (foreign) partner of convenience just to allow saic to bid in the tank/armored segment. unless they team up with general dynamics land systems, don't see how they can truly compete in the mostly hardware arena. of course, next gen tanks require i.t. and battlefield firmware to be successful with so much data to process and exploit - almost akin to drone or droid tanks. this is where saic plays a serious role. gdls has r&d presence in sillycon valley, and they are also into next gen i.t. and a.i. systems for land vehicles. stk will be used (again) for leverage in the light tank bid to keep bae and gdls at bay in terms of pricing and t's & c's. we can revisit this topic again when the light tank bid is out with a shortlist.

Please lah, u don't know shit about what u are talking about. SAIC is very much a hardware player too. They got the contract from the USMC to upgrade and uparmour hundreds of AAVs. Its thru their relation with the USMC that they had hope to win the new AAV contest. In fact, the winner BAE, does not have any AAV design at all, like SAIC. BAE had to team up with Ivesco which provided the entire vehicle, much like what STK did for SAIC. STK played their cards wrong. They did not leverage their relationship with MINDEF to squeeze the americans. We buy billions of useless shit from the americans. Time for them to buy some shit from us. Even that card also STK don't know how to play?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dont forget they are trying to sell another light tank too. Thats finished also according to industry experts. They want 13 seater our terrax II only sits 11. Sheer genius. And BAE has been with america since wwII. The idea that you can beat them is laughable. The most jmpotant part is , its a compromised tank. China has done great even by just holding the tank in custody. Because no one will believe that tech wasnt reverse engineered

U don't know the whole story. Currently, SAIC is upgrading and uparmouring hundreds of USMC's older AAV-7. They beat BAE to win this contract. Therefore, there is every reason to believe that they can win the new AAV contract because of their experience with USMC AAV and their relationship with the USMC brass. Regarding the carrying capacity of the Terrex, they did screw up there but not in the way that u think. First, they went with a 2 man turret, whereas the Terrex in SAF service is a one man turret, for a total crew of 2. the AAV they are trying to sell to the USMC has a crew of 3, hence reducing the troop carrying capacity. But the USMC was planning to go to a 12 man squad anyway. If STK had stuck with a 2 man crew, they would have bee able to put 12 troopers in there. I think its not beyond the realm of possibility for them to tell the marines they can fit 12. But as I said, the compromised Terrex by the chinese was a big deal killer. The dumb fuck S4 in MINDEF still not fired. All covered up. Cost us a 1.2 billion contract.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please lah, u don't know shit about what u are talking about. SAIC is very much a hardware player too. They got the contract from the USMC to upgrade and uparmour hundreds of AAVs. Its thru their relation with the USMC that they had hope to win the new AAV contest. In fact, the winner BAE, does not have any AAV design at all, like SAIC. BAE had to team up with Ivesco which provided the entire vehicle, much like what STK did for SAIC. STK played their cards wrong. They did not leverage their relationship with MINDEF to squeeze the americans. We buy billions of useless shit from the americans. Time for them to buy some shit from us. Even that card also STK don't know how to play?
mindef not biting on dod f-35 push. that will be a big ticket buy that can have leverage. but many new cheebuys are not going u.s. dod way, so that leverage is not as strong as you think. good to see you post here more. my duty of baiting you to reply more is working.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If I am a senior individual in the SG civil service, I would not have allowed any FT whether or not a PR or eventually became a SG citizen, to work in any sensitive or non sensitive govt positions.
No reasonable govt will allow so many foreigners to be in SG and compete with SG citizens for jobs.
Citizens must be treated and given priority.
During my last visit to SG, four years ago, it was no longer the SG that I was born and raised.
Nowadays, SG appear to have numerous Mandarin speaking immigrants and darker skin individuals (whom you wish not to be near you).

Father was a traitor working for the Japs. Gay Loong is a traitor for letting in FTs. All runs in the families. Ministers take their traitorous cues from these 2 assholes.