• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teresa Teng reincarnated?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe she is the rebirth of Teresa Teng. I personally think she is the best singer in Voice of China 4. She currently has 92,000 fans on weibo.com and the figure is increasing everyday. She was also invited as a guest last Sunday at a singing competition held at Kallang Theatre. One of the local Chinese tabloids also reported on her visit. Apparently, she will be releasing an album next year which will include a new song written by her mentor 左宏元 (same mentor as Teresa Teng). Not only that, Teresa Teng's third elder brother has also personally visited her in Beijing. You can get a sense of how popular she might be.

[video=youtube;Voytb_75FWI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voytb_75FWI[/video]
Wow! I didn't know that; thanks for sharing! :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe she is the rebirth of Teresa Teng. I personally think she is the best singer in Voice of China 4. She currently has 92,000 fans on weibo.com and the figure is increasing everyday. She was also invited as a guest last Sunday at a singing competition held at Kallang Theatre. One of the local Chinese tabloids also reported on her visit. Apparently, she will be releasing an album next year which will include a new song written by her mentor 左宏元 (same mentor as Teresa Teng). Not only that, Teresa Teng's third elder brother has also personally visited her in Beijing. You can get a sense of how popular she might be.

Kryon, I agree she is probably the best Teresa's copycat singer. My problem with her is that she cannot "get out" of this style and develop a style of her own, hence that's my reason for saying she is not as good as other contestants in Voice of China who have their own "voice" instead of copying past singers. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kryon, I agree she is probably the best Teresa's copycat singer. My problem with her is that she cannot "get out" of this style and develop a style of her own, hence that's my reason for saying she is not as good as other contestants in Voice of China who have their own "voice" instead of copying past singers. :smile:

What makes you think she wants to get out?
She herself said as a baby she formed a bond with Teresa's song.
I think she's happy just to perform as a Teresa tribute singer.
She said she join just to know her own strength.....the judges rightly so did not pass her

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes you think she wants to get out?
She herself said as a baby she formed a bond with Teresa's song.
I think she's happy just to perform as a Teresa tribute singer.
She said she join just to know her own strength.....the judges rightly so did not pass her

I agree with the judges. However, had Naying's team have better contestants this year, she would not have made it to the top 5. Just my personal view. :smile:

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't care about styles. All I care about is a nice sweet voice that you can listen repeatedly to and not get tired of it.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow! I didn't know that; thanks for sharing! :smile:

Did you also know that a Chinese author who had been living in Thailand published a book that mentioned about her way back in 2013? She mentioned a 13 year old Thai girl who couldn't speak Mandarin but could sing Teresa Teng's Mandarin songs so well, and when shown a movie starring Jackie Chan, she would frown her face because "he didn't treat her nicely". It's on a thread in Baidu with 2 screen shots of the pages of the book.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't care about styles. All I care about is a nice sweet voice that you can listen repeatedly to and not get tired of it.
Oh my! I was about to say the same thing, but you beat me to it!
icon14.gif

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you also know that a Chinese author who had been living in Thailand published a book that mentioned about her way back in 2013? She mentioned a 13 year old Thai girl who couldn't speak Mandarin but could sing Teresa Teng's Mandarin songs so well, and when shown a movie starring Jackie Chan, she would frown her face because "he didn't treat her nicely". It's on a thread in Baidu with 2 screen shots of the pages of the book.
No, I didn't know that too! :o
Thanks for sharing again! :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, I didn't know that too! :o
Thanks for sharing again! :smile:

when i was very young i drew stories of the battles of the coral sea, midway, and leyte gulf with very accurate depictions of carriers, aircraft, battleships, cruisers, subs, and destroyers on every wall in the home that it drove my dad nuts. my mom was fascinated by the artwork, especially from a child who had not started school yet. all these battles have gotten a little foggy in my memory today. :wink:

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i was very young i drew stories of the battles of the coral sea, midway, and leyte gulf with very accurate depictions of carriers, aircraft, battleships, cruisers, subs, and destroyers on every wall in the home that it drove my dad nuts. my mom was fascinated by the artwork, especially from a child who had not started school yet. all these battles have gotten a little foggy in my memory today. :wink:
I don't know how that is related to this thread, but if possible, may I ask you to post some photos of those drawings, please? :smile:

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how that is related to this thread, but if possible, may I ask you to post some photos of those drawings, please? :smile:
okay, I get it now! haha
You are the reincarnation of one of those dead soldiers? :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that was so long ago the walls had been painted over, home sold, and nobody cared about taking photos of graffiti at that time. moreover, my dad didn't have a camera until years later during his first trip overseas.

LionJah

Alfrescian
Loyal
suh why dem nuh play di reggae music? Di sweet sweet reggae music a gwaan good yuzimi?

the rest of the music dem gwan suck out unnu momma. Seen?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
that was so long ago the walls had been painted over, home sold, and nobody cared about taking photos of graffiti at that time. moreover, my dad didn't have a camera until years later during his first trip overseas.
okay, that does it! haha
I'm now determined to meet you in real life one day! :p
Simply because I think you're a GENIUS or PRODIGY, like Bobby Fischer (the 1972 world chess champion)!
attachment.php

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okay, I get it now! haha
You are the reincarnation of one of those dead soldiers? :p

don't know as i've not been through a regression hypnosis to find out. i'm born with a large red birthmark on my buttocks and a hole in my scrotum. looked like i got shot in the groin. :eek: :p

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Stylers, one of Singapore's best bands ever IMO. Teresa Teng copied one of their songs and it became one of her hit songs.