• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tempeh Starter - Where to buy in Singapore?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

This is "Rhizopus oligosporus" for fermenting Tempeh. Thought of making some Tempeh for myself.

Any of you know where to buy this in Singapore? And what is the local name for it? Any business address?

Thanks in advance.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The person is looking for fungus... Rhizopus oligosporus, the other ingredients would be soy beans..have you eaten Tempeh??

yes, they sell it there but whether they make it here insingapore, i don't know. maybe a stall holder will know

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, they sell it there but whether they make it here insingapore, i don't know. maybe a stall holder will know

Have you tried making?? maybe next time I go Geylang Serai market I ask...hope they don't scold me "gila"..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why go through aLL the hassLe when a pc of niceLy fermented one onLy cost 30cts; unLess you are going to
mass produce them in the thousands on a commerciaL scaLe..:cool:
InterestingLy; Wendy might want to know that some Mats' caLL piece of CB as tempeh in MeLayu.. :smile::eek:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Looking for a cheap and safe source of protein and burn belly fat.

2. Because I am not in Singapore. Tempeh not available where i live.

3. I can get raw soy beans where I am located.

4. Buy the starter when I come back to Sinkieland.

5. I want to make tempeh, then bake it as a snack.:(

Why go through aLL the hassLe when a pc of niceLy fermented one onLy cost 30cts; unLess you are going to
mass produce them in the thousands on a commerciaL scaLe..:cool:
InterestingLy; Wendy might want to know that some Mats' caLL piece of CB as tempeh in MeLayu.. :smile::eek:

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tot got to got serangoon...... time I spend in sinkieland is short, so can't spend too much time hunting in geyland serai. Rather spend more time searching in geyland lor 8, spend more time hunting there:(

just tell them u want to make your own tmpeh, they know how or not...?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Looking for a cheap and safe source of protein and burn belly fat.

2. Because I am not in Singapore. Tempeh not available where i live.

3. I can get raw soy beans where I am located.

4. Buy the starter when I come back to Sinkieland.

5. I want to make tempeh, then bake it as a snack.:(

Snack on pieces of siang rou
More delicious and tasty, much better than tempeh