• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek has got 34 managing directors

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore,,,title is everything,,the job scope and duties and capabilities seems to be secondary,,,some companies like to call their sales man,,Account Managers,,,no manager duties and responsibilities,,,meeting only present sales figures,,,and only thing that matters is sales figures,,,they manage wat ah?

VP in banks are just as good as any assistant manager!
Glamourise title little thing else!
Salesman as Account Manager!
Sales Supervisor as Director of Sales!
Been there done that!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Temasek’s assets rose 2.6 percent to a record S$198 billion ($160 billion) in the fiscal year to March 31, 2012.

2.6 percent!!!!!!!!!! That's below sinkapore inflation rate!

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Temasek’s assets rose 2.6 percent to a record S$198 billion ($160 billion) in the fiscal year to March 31, 2012.

2.6 percent!!!!!!!!!! That's below sinkapore inflation rate!

Bro winnipegjets,

Could this 2.6% rise in asset be attributed to the injection of Changi Airport into Temasek Holdings. :confused: :*:

If so, then their management of funds could well be negative or much lower, only masked by the massive injection of the Changi Airport. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Have they come clean on that? I wonder. :rolleyes: :eek:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just some info from LeongSzeHian.com. I am not sure how much of the issues he raised have been addressed. Perhaps none. :mad: :mad:

http://leongszehian.com/?p=551

Temasek Holdings – “not required” to disclose?

Posted on May 21st, 2011

I refer to Temasek Holding’s letter “Protection of Temasek’s past reserves” (Today, May 20).

It states that “Although not required to do so, Temasek publishes an annual Temasek Review, providing a summary of key financials as well as the relevant investment performance over different time periods from one year to over three decades”.

Not required to disclose?

I am rather perturbed by this statement, because Temasek is managing our country’s assets – so, why should it not be required to disclose what it is voluntarily giving in its annual Temasek Review?

Since it is a voluntary disclosure, may I ask to what governance, transparency and reporting standards is it adhering to?

Allow me to illustrate the point with a story. A large family gives their money to a person to look after and manage for them.

This person then tells the family members that although he is not required to do so, he is voluntarily giving them information.

Does this make sense to you?

As a matter of good corporate governance, listed companies make disclosures on the remuneration of its board and corporate officers.

I don’t seem to be able to find the remuneration information break-down in the annual Temasek Review. How much of its $8.7 billion Administrative Expenses for the last financial year was for remuneration related expenses?

Do other countries’ Sovereign Wealth Funds (SWF) give this information?

As to its 17 per cent per annum Total Shareholder Return (TSR) by market value, what is the return after adjusting for periodic cash injections from the Government and valuation gains from state assets transferred to Temasek?

For example, in the recent Parliamentary debate announcing the transfer of Changi Airport by corporatisation to Temasek, I do not recall any mention of the valuation of Changi Airport?

With regards to the statement: “Temasek does not manage or invest any CPF money. Nor does it manage the foreign reserves of Singapore”, the fact is that Temasek manages a large portion of Singapore’s assets.

Over the last 34 years or so, CPF moneys may arguably have been used by the Government to manage through the Government Investment Corporation (GIC), helped to develop state entities and assets, etc.

Thus, although Temasek does not manage CPF moneys, in a sense, it may have indirectly benefited by way of cash injections from the Government, asset transfers, etc.

Whilst repeated questioning in Parliament by Members of Parliament (MPs) failed to find out how much Temasek lost during the last financial crisis, its report now indicates a negative Annual Wealth Added of $68.1 billion in 2009.

In this connection, its Portfolio market Value for the financial year ended 2008 was $185 billion.

If this is the foreplay of “transformation”, I think we may yet have a long way to go, to attain the highest standards of disclosure, transparency and accountability that Singaporeans may now expect from a Government that keeps saying that it wants to ‘transform’ itself

Leong Sze Hian

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
LBH was never with Keppel. Keppel guy was LCO. Supposedly PM material but did not make it. Official reason was he could not get along with NTUC chaps. REAL reason? He was investigated by the CPIB and had to step down. Funny leh. How come our leaders never come clean on these matters? Integrity? My lan jiao!

Bro GD, just to clarify: LBH is Lim Boon Heng?

The ex-minister with a degree in Theology from Australian National University?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We don't know how much reserves the country has while every developed country has its reserves made public information. We have the CPF not revealing how the money is invested while every pension fund has its investment information easily available. We have our investment agencies - supposedly managing hundreds of billions of the country's assets - not saying anything substantial about the investment and the returns.

One day, sinkees could wake up to find out that sinkapore is bankrupt!

BlueBrother

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder this is paper value or real value ? They may have bought a share at US$50 and continue to state US$50 as value but the real market price may have already dropped to US$2 ??? Wonder what will be the real S$ value if they were to liquidate everything ? Will it still be US$198 billion ??? Doubt we common people will ever know.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't call a spade a spade? Why the need for all the fanciful titles?

Nothing unusual..A PM job, assisted by 4 very distinguished ministers...Deputy PM, Minister Mentor, 2 Senior Ministers....and the country under his leadership still trying to find its course..

The population still looking for the illusive Swiss Standards...l