• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek And GIC's Long Term Investment In Banks Will Be Profitable By 2010

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all you retards :oIo: who can't spell 'Long Term Investment', shame on you for your myopic vision. I bought Citi for a buck and made a 100% return in double quick time. Citi is trading at 2.33 now. The reasoning was simple, Citi is a viable, going concern with tremendous potential. And if Citi goes under a buck, it will be taken off from Dow Jones Industrial Index and off the radar of funds.

Although Temasek's timing is not as impeccable as mine, I have no doubt their strategic long term investments in Citi, UBS, Barclays will turn profitable by 2010. And when it does, I hope all your morons will have the moral fibre in you to apologise to Mdm Ho for her visionary leadership during her term at Temasek.

US has averted new depression, recovery next year: Fed Chairman BernankePosted: 16 March 2009 0729 hrs

WASHINGTON - In his first television interview, Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke predicted that America's worst recession in decades likely will end this year, and that the economic recovery would gather steam next year.

In the "60 Minutes" interview broadcast by CBS late Sunday, which the network said was the first by a sitting Fed chairman in 20 years, Bernanke said the "green shoots" of economic revival were already evident.

Predicting that no more big banks will fail, Bernanke also called on Washington's squabbling politicians to show the will needed for recovery as he spelled out just how close the world came to financial meltdown last autumn.

The US central bank chief, whose decision to sit down last Wednesday for the rare interview underscored the gravity of the crisis, said much depends on fixing the crisis-hit US banking system.

"We're working on it. And I do think that we will get it stabilized, and we'll see the recession coming to an end probably this year," Bernanke said.

"We'll see recovery beginning next year. And it will pick up steam over time," he said.

Asked if the United States had avoided a repeat of the 1930s Great Depression, Bernanke said: "I think we've averted that risk.

"I think we've gotten past that and now the problem is to get the thing working properly again."

Bernanke called for tougher regulatory reform to address systemic risks posed by an institution that becomes too big to fail, blasting the "unconscionable bets" taken by giant insurer American International Group.

"It makes me angry. I slammed the phone more than a few times on discussing AIG," he said, as the bailed-out insurance group was embroiled in a new political row over hefty bonuses planned for some of its top executives.

The government is now forcing AIG to jettison subsidiaries and use the profits to pay it back -- a model that Bernanke said also would apply to the major banks that have received taxpayer aid.

The banks now are being subjected to a "stress test" by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and his team to ensure they have enough money put aside to ward off new crises, the Fed chairman noted.

"They are not going to fail," he said.

"But what we can do, should it be necessary, is try to wind it down in a safe way," Bernanke added, explaining efforts to augment banks' capital ratios and dispose of toxic assets with government help.

Government bailout money for the banking industry so far worth 700 billion dollars has proven politically toxic, especially given corporate perks and bonuses still being handed out by rescued lenders.

But in remarks that could rile critics of President Barack Obama's economic revival plans, Bernanke said "the biggest risk is that we don't have the political will.

"There's a danger, he said, that "we don't have the commitment to solve this problem, and that we let it just continue. In which case, we can't count on recovery," he said.

The political will for action had to be fomented by Bernanke and Geithner's predecessor Henry Paulson last September, in an urgent intervention with lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

Commenting for the first time on his actions back then, as global financial markets reeled, Bernanke said: "I felt we were pretty close to a global financial meltdown."

"It was very close," he said, arguing that without emergency powers given to the Treasury Department and Fed, "we could have had a much, much worse outcome."

CBS interviewer Scott Pelley said that when he approached the Fed for an interview a year ago, Bernanke's representative laughed and said the publicity-shy chairman "never" does interviews.

"Well, it's an extraordinary time," Bernanke told Pelley.

"This is a chance for me, I think, to talk to America directly." - CNA/vm

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
we don't need to pay millions in bonus to a CEO to adopt a long term strategy. we could even get clinton666 to do it for 100k since his timing is even better than mdm HO!

Clinton666 for CEO of Temasek. save us millions in bonus payouts.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun like that say Mad Ho lah. She was just "unlucky" everytime she do something big. But what to do, just move on lor...

lonari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure. Picking tops and bottoms can be lucrative. Why don't you show us your trade sheets of CONSISTENTLY picking the right tops and bottoms?

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Citi is a viable, going concern with tremendous potential"

Then you should BUY more and more and more at these prices
interest rates are low and getting lower, so you should borrow as much as you can now and BUY more Citi
Sell your property and BUY more Citi (you can rent meanwhile and buy a nicer place after your 1000%+++ return in 2010)
get your family and friends to pool their money (and borrow more) and BUY more Citi
I wish I had more customers like you ie. the kind with the confidence to BUY BUY BUY
good for you!

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
clinton888
just answer a few question andsee who is the moroon
1]what is the cash position of citi..since they need huge bail out
2]what is citi NAV now?
3]what is their credit rating now??
4]what is the total amount of toxic debt citi is holdings

we are talking about the PRESENT state of citi...no implication non other persons or organisation///just like to have your answer..since you called others moroon and retards...can we have answer to those question...........

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
clinton888
just answer a few question andsee who is the moroon
1]what is the cash position of citi..since they need huge bail out
2]what is citi NAV now?
3]what is their credit rating now??
4]what is the total amount of toxic debt citi is holdings

we are talking about the PRESENT state of citi...no implication non other persons or organisation///just like to have your answer..since you called others moroon and retards...can we have answer to those question...........

You retarded dog :oIo:

You can train any old spastic monkey how to read financial report.

Shrewd and savvy investors like me and Oei Hong Leong have no need for financial data. We depend on our ultra-keen internal financial sense to make our million dollar investment decisions.

Those who follow the advice of those CPS,PHD type are jumping off buildings by the dozen.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
we don't need to pay millions in bonus to a CEO to adopt a long term strategy. we could even get clinton666 to do it for 100k since his timing is even better than mdm HO!

Clinton666 for CEO of Temasek. save us millions in bonus payouts.

You spastic maggot :oIo:

$100,000 will not even get me out of bed nowadays.

Kachiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg...more money coming in.
Citi now are 2.51

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun like that say Mad Ho lah. She was just "unlucky" everytime she do something big. But what to do, just move on lor...

You moronic dumbass :oIo:

Mdm Ho's visionary long term strategic investments will proved to be the best investments Singapore has ever seen.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mdm Ho's visionary long term strategic investments will proved to be the best investments Singapore has ever seen.

I would have accepted her point of view if she was using her own private money. So if she knew the risks, and still put in her money, win or lose, its her money, and its her business.

Its self-responsibility.

But then the money she was entrusted with wasn't hers to spend as she liked. It was taxpayers money, no matter was it part of the foreign reserves or not. And as long as its taxpayers money and CPF funds, there should be strong, binding guidelines, reinforced by laws, that disallows government people from abusing their power. Using such taxpayers money, like their own pocket money is a form of government abuse of authority and power and in other countries, that's almost criminal abuse, and liable for charge, and their day in court if they get caught.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have accepted her point of view if she was using her own private money. So if she knew the risks, and still put in her money, win or lose, its her money, and its her business.

Its self-responsibility.

But then the money she was entrusted with wasn't hers to spend as she liked. It was taxpayers money, no matter was it part of the foreign reserves or not. And as long as its taxpayers money and CPF funds, there should be strong, binding guidelines, reinforced by laws, that disallows government people from abusing their power. Using such taxpayers money, like their own pocket money is a form of government abuse of authority and power and in other countries, that's almost criminal abuse, and liable for charge, and their day in court if they get caught.

Precisely the point! :smile:

On the sidenote, clinton666 is back in action? The dog starts to bark!

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its self-responsibility.

The days of keeping your money under your bed is over by at least 500 years.
Mdm Ho has grown our reserves from next to nothing to the hundreds of billlions we have today.

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal

$100,000 will not even get me out of bed nowadays.

Kachiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg...more money coming in.
Citi now are 2.51

hahahahahhahahah

yes i love you too, because you just told the world that Ho Ching is INFERIOR to you! you have better market sense than her! Clinton666 for CEO! who needs Ho Ching???
:oIo::rolleyes::biggrin::confused::o:mad::smile::(:p:eek::oIo:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

The days of keeping your money under your bed is over by at least 500 years.
Mdm Ho has grown our reserves from next to nothing to the hundreds of billlions we have today.

The point here isn't investments in Citibank; its about the criminal abuse of trust and authority that was given by the people to the government in the management of taxpayers funds.

In other countries, such abuse would have invited the independent judiciary to invite prosecutors to find such evidence of abuse and to press criminal charges.

As far as I'm concerned, when you do that, such mismanagement of money that doesn't belong to you, there's something that has to be questioned.

So your abuse is unwarranted. And besides, I'm not against all investments; just SWFs attempts in investing in the first place, investing wrongly, not admitting mistakes and not guaranteeing transparency and accountability. If we were saying that the government had a system in place, that ensures that they are accountable and transparency, I wouldn't have mind a limited insertion into the market of government bonds.

Because if its the ministry and not the grey area of SWFs doing the job, then the government has to report every single activity. And bonds, government, not company, have had a stable, steady rate of returns. Most governments won't default, especially the big ones, because if they did, they would become a financial wasteland.

And none of the major countries would wanna become a wasteland.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point here isn't investments in Citibank; its about the criminal abuse of trust and authority that was given by the people to the government in the management of taxpayers funds.

In other countries, such abuse would have invited the independent judiciary to invite prosecutors to find such evidence of abuse and to press criminal charges.

As far as I'm concerned, when you do that, such mismanagement of money that doesn't belong to you, there's something that has to be questioned.

So your abuse is unwarranted. And besides, I'm not against all investments; just SWFs attempts in investing in the first place, investing wrongly, not admitting mistakes and not guaranteeing transparency and accountability. If we were saying that the government had a system in place, that ensures that they are accountable and transparency, I wouldn't have mind a limited insertion into the market of government bonds.

Because if its the ministry and not the grey area of SWFs doing the job, then the government has to report every single activity. And bonds, government, not company, have had a stable, steady rate of returns. Most governments won't default, especially the big ones, because if they did, they would become a financial wasteland.

And none of the major countries would wanna become a wasteland.

Everyone knows that stocks have outperformed bonds (and most other asset classes) over long historical time periods.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all you retards :oIo: who can't spell 'Long Term Investment', shame on you for your myopic vision. I bought Citi for a buck and made a 100% return in double quick time. Citi is trading at 2.33 now. The reasoning was simple, Citi is a viable, going concern with tremendous potential. And if Citi goes under a buck, it will be taken off from Dow Jones Industrial Index and off the radar of funds.

Although Temasek's timing is not as impeccable as mine, I have no doubt their strategic long term investments in Citi, UBS, Barclays will turn profitable by 2010. And when it does, I hope all your morons will have the moral fibre in you to apologise to Mdm Ho for her visionary leadership during her term at Temasek.

US has averted new depression, recovery next year: Fed Chairman BernankePosted: 16 March 2009 0729 hrs

WASHINGTON - In his first television interview, Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke predicted that America's worst recession in decades likely will end this year, and that the economic recovery would gather steam next year.

In the "60 Minutes" interview broadcast by CBS late Sunday, which the network said was the first by a sitting Fed chairman in 20 years, Bernanke said the "green shoots" of economic revival were already evident.

Predicting that no more big banks will fail, Bernanke also called on Washington's squabbling politicians to show the will needed for recovery as he spelled out just how close the world came to financial meltdown last autumn.

The US central bank chief, whose decision to sit down last Wednesday for the rare interview underscored the gravity of the crisis, said much depends on fixing the crisis-hit US banking system.

"We're working on it. And I do think that we will get it stabilized, and we'll see the recession coming to an end probably this year," Bernanke said.

"We'll see recovery beginning next year. And it will pick up steam over time," he said.

Asked if the United States had avoided a repeat of the 1930s Great Depression, Bernanke said: "I think we've averted that risk.

"I think we've gotten past that and now the problem is to get the thing working properly again."

Bernanke called for tougher regulatory reform to address systemic risks posed by an institution that becomes too big to fail, blasting the "unconscionable bets" taken by giant insurer American International Group.

"It makes me angry. I slammed the phone more than a few times on discussing AIG," he said, as the bailed-out insurance group was embroiled in a new political row over hefty bonuses planned for some of its top executives.

The government is now forcing AIG to jettison subsidiaries and use the profits to pay it back -- a model that Bernanke said also would apply to the major banks that have received taxpayer aid.

The banks now are being subjected to a "stress test" by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and his team to ensure they have enough money put aside to ward off new crises, the Fed chairman noted.

"They are not going to fail," he said.

"But what we can do, should it be necessary, is try to wind it down in a safe way," Bernanke added, explaining efforts to augment banks' capital ratios and dispose of toxic assets with government help.

Government bailout money for the banking industry so far worth 700 billion dollars has proven politically toxic, especially given corporate perks and bonuses still being handed out by rescued lenders.

But in remarks that could rile critics of President Barack Obama's economic revival plans, Bernanke said "the biggest risk is that we don't have the political will.

"There's a danger, he said, that "we don't have the commitment to solve this problem, and that we let it just continue. In which case, we can't count on recovery," he said.

The political will for action had to be fomented by Bernanke and Geithner's predecessor Henry Paulson last September, in an urgent intervention with lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

Commenting for the first time on his actions back then, as global financial markets reeled, Bernanke said: "I felt we were pretty close to a global financial meltdown."

"It was very close," he said, arguing that without emergency powers given to the Treasury Department and Fed, "we could have had a much, much worse outcome."

CBS interviewer Scott Pelley said that when he approached the Fed for an interview a year ago, Bernanke's representative laughed and said the publicity-shy chairman "never" does interviews.

"Well, it's an extraordinary time," Bernanke told Pelley.

"This is a chance for me, I think, to talk to America directly." - CNA/vm
We shall see , we shall see, see you in 2010, my guess is that the market is going down in late 2009 and bottom somewhere 2012

damnu88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clinton Cork-Ke-Du.

If you enter Citi at it's lowest point. there is chance you will earn from it cause the US will mosly bail Citi out. So high chance you will earn from it. But if already have high stake before this happen...100% you will lose your pants with it.

Simple ....if buy at $5 now is $1 = you loose

Buy at $1 and go up to $2.5 like what you said you earn a profit of $1.5...
But the jinx is like buy at $5 and loose till $1..Then you count loh....

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everyone knows that stocks have outperformed bonds (and most other asset classes) over long historical time periods.

You forget that this isn't about bonds and stock investments. Its about the issue of using taxpayers money as her own for her own shopping spree in Wall Street, without any regulations.

And as for stocks and bonds, you forget that unlike governments- most anyway- companies can go bankrupt, and literally overnight, these company stock and bonds will go kaput. The US government, on the flip side, while they can own a lot of debt, they will not go bankrupt. Overseas countries can just buy these US Treasury bonds, which are a guarantee that the US government will eventually pay back.

Bonds are uninteresting investments, but safe and secure for people who have only pension funds and not much else. Its also probably safe for some governments to purchase bonds of another country's federal/state governments for investment purposes.

In any case, Ho Ching shouldn't have the right to use taxpayers money for Citibank-like adventures. Its wrong in the first place, and it should be stopped- simply because its ain't her money. It isn't Goodyear's money, nor is it Lee Kuan Yew's money. Its our money and there should be safeguards in order to stop people like them from abusing our money for their own political self-interest.