• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teachers from UK shocked by Chinese multiplication table

jw5

Loyal
Most IQ tests only test for 3 types of intelligence: mathematical-logical, visuo-spatial, and verbal-linguistic.

But some psychologists are leaning towards there being multiple intelligences, which include musical, bodily kinaesthetic, naturalist, intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligences.

If tests were devised for these other types of intelligence, some of the currently 'weaker' races might actually come out on top. E.g. blacks might do better than whites or Asians on the musical and bodily kinaesthetic scales. Mozart might have come out very average on logical IQ tests but would score in the genius range in musical IQ.

Imo, those are more talents, abilities or skills, rather than intelligence which should be defined as the ability to make logical deductions, including both mathematical and visual-spatial deductions.

Verbal linguistic should not be included either, otherwise you would not be able to use the same test for a kid in a western country and a kid who grew up in a farm in China. Ability with languages is also more of a talent.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Verbal linguistic should not be included either, otherwise you would not be able to use the same test for a kid in a western country and a kid who grew up in a farm in China. Ability with languages is also more of a talent.

Current standard IQ tests do include verbal-linguistic component – in the subject's native language.

Ashkenazi Jews score very high on linguistic scale, but marginally lower than East Asians on logical and spatial tests, while the latter score the highest for logical/spatial but only average for linguistic.

Overall, Jews and East Asians consistently outperform all other ethnic groups in standardized IQ tests.

jw5

Loyal
Current standard IQ tests do include verbal-linguistic component – in the subject's native language.

Ashkenazi Jews score very high on linguistic scale, but marginally lower than East Asians on logical and spatial tests, while the latter score the highest for logical/spatial but only average for linguistic.

Overall, Jews and East Asians consistently outperform all other ethnic groups in standardized IQ tests.

Tks for the info on the verbal-linguistic component.

East Asians score highest for logical/spatial. Hmmmmmmm..............................

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Have to agree there. I just can't believe it - despite all the education etc we lose to HK.

Any IQ ranking which ranks Singapore in the top 5 has to be seriously flawed. :rolleyes:

I've never come across a higher density of idiots anywhere else in the world.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reserve "pride" for things that I have actually achieved. Pride in skin colour or heritage is hollow. I might as well say "I'm proud to have two eyes, a nose and a mouth.". It's simply something you're born with and no effort or courage is required.

People who have to resort to "I'm proud to be black/yellow/green" statements obviously don't have much else to be proud of.

Well, that's your view. I understand your logic about being proud about things that one has achieved. but, thats one narrow interpretation of the word. And my view is that the majority of people are proud of being Chinese, Malay, Indian, etc because of what we have achieved collectively and more importantly, who we are.

Ref to your second paragraph, I do have other things which I'm proud of. I dont think its necessary to shout it out loud. As usual, others might not think its a big deal. But, that's normal. I only bring up my pride of being an Indian on occasions like this and in response to people like Jah.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
My last line about the chinese is correct which doesn't apply to kelings. Kelings are rude, impolite, snakes so they deserve whatever is coming to them which is the opposite for the chinese.

About you being proud to be indian sam has already pawned you deep.

I have nothing to respond to a statement like that. I'll leave it to others to read your original post and conclude. By the way, I've asked you this before....When you say "kelings" are you referring to Singaporeans of Indian descent too?

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure?There are so many Indian guys marrying Chinese girls and therefore assimilated into the Chinese heritage !

Huh?? What has inter racial marriages got to do with it? So by your logic, the girls are less Chinese by marrying other races??

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh?? What has inter racial marriages got to do with it? So by your logic, the girls are less Chinese by marrying other races??

Good if you are proud of your indian heritage ,you should encourage more of your clanmen to marry your own race and not marrying into our Chinese community because many of their offsprings will again marry fair skin Chinese and thereafter again till it is technically totally Chinese !

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember when we were young we were all impressed by the rankings on IQs, results from international maths and science competition and our academic results. Yet we continue to send our best and brightest to the West and the West continues to lead on so many fronts. You start wondering how are all these correlated.

Sure we found gunpowder, built the Great Wall, the Indians built the Taj Mahals. Again all very nice and impressive. You see the Angmos laud these and many others things but we would not buy a Chinese or Indian made product even if it dirt cheap. The World would however acknowledge that their labour is cheap and its best is for Western companies to use the cheap labour to manufacture the products.

The proof is in the pudding. None of these rankings serve a purpose unless there is an outcome of some value.

The fact that Li Kah SHing invested in 14 yr old boy in the UK speaks volumes.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have nothing to respond to a statement like that. I'll leave it to others to read your original post and conclude. By the way, I've asked you this before....When you say "kelings" are you referring to Singaporeans of Indian descent too?

Well from the looks of things most ppl concur with me and your reputation whereby ppl from your race rapes women all the time even after the big outcry from that girl murdered and raped and also that drunkard keling that knocked into a bus and 7 cars and a taxi and so on along with the numerous experiences of forummers here with kelings local and foreign from former friends, taxi passengers, tenants etc shows that many ppl are in unison what your kind are like. Yup i refer to sinkie indians too.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well from the looks of things most ppl concur with me and your reputation whereby ppl from your race rapes women all the time even after the big outcry from that girl murdered and raped and also that drunkard keling that knocked into a bus and 7 cars and a taxi and so on along with the numerous experiences of forummers here with kelings local and foreign from former friends, taxi passengers, tenants etc shows that many ppl are in unison what your kind are like. Yup i refer to sinkie indians too.

Thanks for the clarification.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember when we were young we were all impressed by the rankings on IQs, results from international maths and science competition and our academic results. Yet we continue to send our best and brightest to the West and the West continues to lead on so many fronts. You start wondering how are all these correlated.

Sure we found gunpowder, built the Great Wall, the Indians built the Taj Mahals. Again all very nice and impressive. You see the Angmos laud these and many others things but we would not buy a Chinese or Indian made product even if it dirt cheap. The World would however acknowledge that their labour is cheap and its best is for Western companies to use the cheap labour to manufacture the products.

The proof is in the pudding. None of these rankings serve a purpose unless there is an outcome of some value.

The fact that Li Kah SHing invested in 14 yr old boy in the UK speaks volumes.

Wrong on many counts also please don't tar china with the same brush as india. China made products like huawei for example are pretty famous and sold worldwide. Imitation smart phones from china are also high in demand. i am sure bus 64 owns some china brand lap top and smart phones.

You have to also remember that the west does not = white ppl. Many ppl in the west include asians that have developed and aided in the west's development.

What do you mean none of these rankings serve a purpose? Do you find it a coincidence that the higher the IQ of a nation the better it is in economic terms and other developments? How countries in africa and india with the lowest average IQs are like shit holes while china, japan, korea are right up there. You have to remember that china does not only consist of north eastern han chinese. Now i don't have the stats but i do believe that the chinese that are not mixed with aboriginal blood like the southern chinese that mixed with the minoritiy races but rather the chinese that are closer in blood to the koreans and japanese and in some ways purer breed of han are the ones with the highest IQ while those mixed with aboriginal or other minority groups have a slightly lower iQ cos they still have han chinese in them. That is why there are regions of china that are very poor while places like shanghai are more advanced than singapore.

Anyway let us get back to the gist of this topic which is about the UK school teachers actually amazed by how advanced chinese students are in mathematics. Why does it somehow break your heart that a supposedly advanced place like the UK which i suppose would have a more superior education system in all subjects somehow need to learn from the inferior education system of china? :rolleyes:

Give you another example. There was this British football talent hunter that decided to go to africa to search for new talent. It was shown as a documentary and the talent manager exclaimed himself how talented these dirt poor african players were in doing football tricks, juggling the ball and scoring goals etc in short making the beautiful game very beautiful to watch. Suppose there was someone like your mentality that came in and started commenting. Oh yes the africans play football very well but you notice how the world's best clubs are in Europe like real madrid or in south america and how the best football players aren't african but of european descent like ronaldo, messi and how african countries cannot even make it big in international matches except that one time where south africa hosted the world cup and there isn't any good african football clubs that are big in the world stage. Damn ppl would see how spiteful you are and what how idiotic and short sighted you are because there are many african and players of african descent that make it big on the world stage even though they do it in european clubs just as there are many chinese students that are exceptionally talented and make it big and successful in the west and yes the UK schools were shocked how advanced and good the chinese students were in maths.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You seem to be agreeing with Sam. But, any comments about his views here?

I would beg to defer and shown him that it isn't actually copying but improvement on a design which is what the japs used to do too.

Anyway here are modern inventions by chinese ppl

http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/index.php?/topic/16238-chinas-four-great-modern-inventions/

1. Hybrid Rice - 12,000kg per hectare increased the yield on China's limited arable land as well as other Asian and African countries.

2. Laser Photocomposition - transformed China's character typesetting to electronic publishing.

3. Bovine insulin - synthesized protein for human beings.

4. Compound artemether - a medicine for treating malaria patients worldwide.

jw5

Loyal

Only you and possibly your wannabe-angmo parents were impressed by these, you manipulative idiot.

Don't try to speak for the whole of this forum or for the whole of Singapore by referring to "we" or "us", as if you are the appointed spokesman.
Just speak for your manipulative self and your family members.