• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCB Will Win!

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
PE: Vote not a tough choice, says President S R Nathan
Posted: 27 August 2011 1057 hrs

SINGAPORE: President S R Nathan said it was not a tough choice for him to know who to vote for. He said he knows Singaporeans are sensible people and will do what is best for Singapore.

President Nathan was speaking to reporters after casting his vote at Haig Girls' School. He was accompanied by his wife.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't know but everywhere I go, people are saying they are voting the other three candidates except TT. This really doesn't look good for TT. If he can get more than twenty percentage, that would be a miracle.

Goh Meng Seng

You also don't know why you lost Tampines GRC when you have a good chance.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually they were surprised by TCB entry. Inderjit surprise and comment was clearly palpable. He actually stated that the PAP had not considered him. The people that they tapped on the shoulder clearly did not want to take on TCB. Nobody from the Professions were prepared to step forward. All the carefully laid plans and backup plans went to ashes.

They had to recall Tony Tan from London and persuaded him. Imagine they had to assemble his campaign team giving fully paid staff on paid GLC leave. Senior people in clans and trade bodies were called by TCH and company.

Bear in mind, TCB holds the record of going against the whip and the only one so far. He did it on a constitutional amendment of all things. Tony Tan had already hinted that the EP is going to be changed again. If you read the constitution, they have built bypasses after OTC affair except when it tampers with the constitution and the EP. They will have to wait another humiliating 6 years.

Why you think that TJS came into fray with doubtful qualification with a huge question mark. Will elaborate after polls.

Like you I never trusted this Govt. TCB had a life long audit trail. TJS has a long patch after PPS that is not clear. I am sure someone behind the scenes has been talking to TJS enough for him to throw his hat in the ring and he probably does not know why. Take your pick.

This is the biggest PAP scam ever. They never minded TCB in the first place. The entire country has been fooled. We have let in the Trojan horse. At least I voted with my conscience for TJS.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be really interesting. Another few hours.

I really don't know but everywhere I go, people are saying they are voting the other three candidates except TT. This really doesn't look good for TT. If he can get more than twenty percentage, that would be a miracle.

Goh Meng Seng

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually they were surprised by TCB entry. Inderjit surprise and comment was clearly palpable. He actually stated that the PAP had not considered him. The people that they tapped on the shoulder clearly did not want to take on TCB. Nobody from the Professions were prepared to step forward. All the carefully laid plans and backup plans went to ashes.

They had to recall Tony Tan from London and persuaded him. Imagine they had to assemble his campaign team giving fully paid staff on paid GLC leave. Senior people in clans and trade bodies were called by TCH and company.

Bear in mind, TCB holds the record of going against the whip and the only one so far. He did it on a constitutional amendment of all things. Tony Tan had already hinted that the EP is going to be changed again. If you read the constitution, they have built bypasses after OTC affair except when it tampers with the constitution and the EP. They will have to wait another humiliating 6 years.

Why you think that TJS came into fray with doubtful qualification with a huge question mark. Will elaborate after polls.

Like you I never trusted this Govt. TCB had a life long audit trail. TJS has a long patch after PPS that is not clear. I am sure someone behind the scenes has been talking to TJS enough for him to throw his hat in the ring and he probably does not know why. Take your pick.

Let me share on what I know.

Last Sept old goat wanted Jayakumar to be the next President. He was not going to issue any COEs to anyone seeking election and hence Prataman will remain in office. Prataman would step down after six months and Jayakumar
will be appointed to replace him.

In the May GE, after apologizing to the people, Pinkie realized this deal cannot be carried out and it was he who overruled his oldman to approach and persuade TT. TT's acceptance to stand for EP was conditional that there is no
walk-over.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that version but not Jayakumar but Zainal Abideen. They sort of needed a Malay as Nathan was too long in it. However the rezoning of Kg Kembagan and the need to retain Alujunied was a bigger issue. Zainal who was supposed to step down went back into the fray similar to what Magad had to do in the 2006 GE when a Malay candidate has withdrawn in the last minute.

The six were all professionals and they would all have qualified but not sure if they could get their votes.
Let me share on what I know.

Last Sept old goat wanted Jayakumar to be the next President. He was not going to issue any COEs to anyone seeking election and hence Prataman will remain in office. Prataman would step down after six months and Jayakumar
will be appointed to replace him.

In the May GE, after apologizing to the people, Pinkie realized this deal cannot be carried out and it was he who overruled his oldman to approach and persuade TT. TT's acceptance to stand for EP was conditional that there is no
walk-over.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You think PAP didnt learn their lesson after GE. They let the people vote willingly for the candidate that they wanted by putting one that others will really hate.

Why would TT want to become President? He makes much more in GIC...

It's not the money (he's already super-rich); it's the prestige of being a head of state and he gets feted everywhere he goes.It's one huge ego trip.:biggrin::biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bear in mind, TCB holds the record of going against the whip and the only one so far. He did it on a constitutional amendment of all things.
hahaha....again a big BS.
can a papee mp goes against the whip and gets away scot-free?
go figure....
oh maybe he was disciplined and spanked by lky in private........

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are already a cabinet minister and if you are already born with a silver spoon, the Presidency is a waste of time. The GIC post is a lot more better. You don't have to shake hands with low life. He was more or less forced to as an senior establishment figure as well as senior member of OCBC clan.
It's not the money (he's already super-rich); it's the prestige of being a head of state and he gets feted everywhere he goes.It's one huge ego trip.:biggrin::biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, you are a very funny person. :rolleyes::confused::eek::cool::*:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
This theory is flawed. Many voters who support TJS won't mind having TCB as the president. There are many TCB/TJS swing voters. I don't see how TCB can be a Trojan horse, if PAP don't mind TCB they won't send Tony in.

Agree...I do not mind TCB also. Haha...as long as TT does not get it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. The game plan for many Singaporeans is anyone except TT. The NS issue has particularly galled the masses. Even the elites are upset as some of them have sons that cannot step back into Singapore. If they had known about Tony Tan's "I don't interfere with my son's NS scheme" they too have enlisted their son for the 7mths and reservist on holding list programme. What a fucking prick and hypocrite.

If anything, this PE has exposed that PAP for operating a corrupt regime with built in double standards. This PE not matter who becomes President has soiled this Govt and the PAP. It calls into question the influence of likes of OCBC and the first familynof business. I am sure Lee Kong Chian and Tan Chin Tuan had more morals than this.
Agree...I do not mind TCB also. Haha...as long as TT does not get it.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tell u i was damn bloody pissed when i read ST stooges zakir n xueying's last spin job on this issue in yesterday's ST...they conveniently placed the 12 yr deferment issue as a secondary matter n then made a quick reference to some mindef statement that stated that 80plus ns men were given deferment for overseas medical studies prior to 1992...i mean what kind of shitty journalism is this??...the critical issue is whether anyone was given a 12yr deferment similar to patrick's case i.e. md/phd...

The NS issue has particularly galled the masses. .

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This election has come down to the fight between two camps:

"anyone except TT"
"anyone except TJS"

What we will know very clear after this election is how strong the hardcore support the PAP is.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expected that of Xueying but not Zakir. Prostitutes to the core. Janada Devan is the review editor of Tony Tan's SPH yet he was introduced as Director of Insitutite of Policy Studies. All a bunch of prostitutes. I toned down because of Elephanto but no mercy from now on.
i tell u i was damn bloody pissed when i read ST stooges zakir n xueying's last spin job on this issue in yesterday's ST...they conveniently placed the 12 yr deferment issue as a secondary matter n then made a quick reference to some mindef statement that stated that 80plus ns men were given deferment for overseas medical studies prior to 1992...i mean what kind of shitty journalism is this??...the critical issue is whether anyone was given a 12yr deferment similar to patrick's case i.e. md/phd...