• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCB Will Win!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT was a decoy! I knew it! :mad:

What's the basis for your conclusion? We're still a few hours away from the close.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the biggest PAP scam ever. They never minded TCB in the first place. The entire country has been fooled. We have let in the Trojan horse. At least I voted with my conscience for TJS.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This theory is flawed. Many voters who support TJS won't mind having TCB as the president. There are many TCB/TJS swing voters. I don't see how TCB can be a Trojan horse, if PAP don't mind TCB they won't send Tony in.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
This theory is flawed. Many voters who support TJS won't mind having TCB as the president. There are many TCB/TJS swing voters. I don't see how TCB can be a Trojan horse, if PAP don't mind TCB they won't send Tony in.

Agreed. TJS had the chance to contest because LKY promised TT that he will win the PE. When the ground turned sour, and the signs that TCB will win with an overwhelming mandate, they were forced to bring in a popular opposition icon to act as a magnet for anti-PAP votes. This risky option was taken to give TT a fighting chance and perhaps more importantly to save his face by narrowing the winning margin.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is still too early to say this is a foregone conclusion.

But surely TT needs to be persuaded to walk off the GIC pedestal voluntarily before it becomes his personal fiefdom...

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
When TCB announced his candidacy, PAP already said it will be "awkward" for them.

TCB vs Nathan? TCB wins
TCB vs TT? TCB wins (because of GE spill over effect)
TCB vs George Yeo? (contest not desirable in the first place, no hardcore loyalist in sight)

It is going to be a close fight between TT/TCB/TJS. Whoever wins, the mandate is going to be dubious (less than 50%). Whoever loses (except for TKL), the loss of face will be marginal.

Even if TJS wins, PAP isn't going to lose sleep over it. They will have the next few years to fix him, not the other way around. Between TJS and TCB, it will be easier to fix TJS (we all know his weakness) than TCB (who will be a lot more careful).

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is still too early to say this is a foregone conclusion.

But surely TT needs to be persuaded to walk off the GIC pedestal voluntarily before it becomes his personal fiefdom...

"voluntarily" - I doubt that ever happened.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think PAP didnt learn their lesson after GE. They let the people vote willingly for the candidate that they wanted by putting one that others will really hate.

Why would TT want to become President? He makes much more in GIC...

Defennder

Alfrescian
Loyal
This theory is far fetched. Why would the PAP do something stupid such as to field 2 candidates to split the PAP votes? But I think the theory is half-true. Excluding Tony Tan, TCB is probably their 2nd most preferred candidate for president even if they didn't intend for him to be in the race the 1st place.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, TCB will win. Have the chance to speak to quite a number of PAP supporters. Really surprised to find all of them going for TCB. So the swing from PAP will go to TCB. With part of the opposition group going also to him, he stands the best chance. To opposition supporters, TCB's relatively mild stand on many issues turned them off. However, it is working fine for him to capture the 20% over swing votes.

TT is too big a figure to be a sacrificial decoy. It is more likely that they have read the ground wrongly, thinking that people still like him. Anyway, they also do not have other choice as their other preferred candidates are smart enough to know that the brand name that once would boost the chance of winning is now a terrible hindrance instead.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
A pro-PAP swing vote from TT is a vote of no "Confidence for the Future".

Last edited:

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT is definitely not a decoy. If they want TCB to win, it will be easy. Youask around RC, CCC,MP grassrootshave been canvassing votes for TT.

I think it is a bad move to deploy TT, win or lose, TT and PAP has lost.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
No lah, minimum TT will get 25%.

I really don't know but everywhere I go, people are saying they are voting the other three candidates except TT. This really doesn't look good for TT. If he can get more than twenty percentage, that would be a miracle.

Goh Meng Seng