• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxi drivers quit union.....

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Due to the recent announced by LTA to regulate Uber & Grab.Looks like the adviser AHK is helpless.A union is supposed to look after the welfare of the members.When members starts to quit,this mean they are losing hope in the union.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regulate uber and grabcar.....isn't this what cab drivers wanted?

They don't want competition from Uber and Grabcar drivers. They want these drivers to go through all the tests they took previously to qualify as taxi drivers. These buggers fail to realise or don't want to realise that with technology, things must change. They want status quo.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remembered the days when i was a relief driver. i started in 2006, the lowest point of my life. business was good and as an average driver, i still can fetch about $3000 to $4000 a month hard cash, note that i only drove night shift, and my shift hours was like 8 to 10 hours a day for 6 days week. i hang up my driving gloves as i anticipate that brisk business is no longer good after Uber and Grab came into the market. hard times ahead for taxi drivers- this is not lanjiao wei, sorry taxi bros.

$8 cow is a no brainer from the way he talks and decide on his policy. taxi drivers are the last resort for sinkies to feed their family but now this cow wants more competition to benefit the consumers. many uncles i know in the past, drove and successfully sent their kids thru University. $8 cow is killing all that, he seems so out of touch with pple from the ground.

my advice to new drivers is this is not a good time to drive for a living. but if for fun and you like to chat up ladies, go for it.:biggrin:

you know this industry is no longer lucrative when everybody seems to be driving for a lving. heartfelt words!

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They don't want competition from Uber and Grabcar drivers. They want these drivers to go through all the tests they took previously to qualify as taxi drivers. These buggers fail to realise or don't want to realise that with technology, things must change. They want status quo.

Absolutely agree. Same issue with Malaysia drivers. They actually took the law into their own hands. Can't blame them as they felt ricebowl was threatened

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remembered the days when i was a relief driver. i started in 2006, the lowest point of my life. business was good and as an average driver, i still can fetch about $3000 to $4000 a month hard cash, note that i only drove night shift, and my shift hours was like 8 to 10 hours a day for 6 days week. i hang up my driving gloves as i anticipate that brisk business is no longer good after Uber and Grab came into the market. hard times ahead for taxi drivers- this is not lanjiao wei, sorry taxi bros.

$8 cow is a no brainer from the way he talks and decide on his policy. taxi drivers are the last resort for sinkies to feed their family but now this cow brainer wants more competition to benefit the consumers. many uncles i know in the past, drove and successfully sent their kids thru University. $8 cow is killing all that, he seems so out of touch with pple from the ground.

my advice to new drivers is this is not a good time to drive for a living. but if for fun and you like to chat up ladies, go for it.:biggrin:

you know this industry is no longer lucrative when everybody seems to be driving for a lving. heartfelt words!

Hi Kraft, it will make more sense to go uber or grab. At least you are your own boss, minimum overheads. Just a thought there.....

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal

lau pubor mai pung pwee...u driving taxi or uber?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Kraft, it will make more sense to go uber or grab. At least you are your own boss, minimum overheads. Just a thought there.....

ah bro, i no longer drive taxi. i am now retired in OZ, occasionally run errands and do some property and mortgage biz. my passion now is financial trading.:wink:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
then why barong say u drive taxi?

last time, i always kao peh about driving taxi as i was an Uni. grad.

come to think of it, i have learn a lot from taxi driving. you talk to pple and see how pple behave especially sinkies. i gained the edge of staying away from herd mentality especially in financial world. last time, i always hang around CBD, shenton way, pick up bankers and traders, this group of pple,i like to talk to cos' you can learn a lot from them and they won't hide anything from you cos' they think i am just a mere taxi driver. but hehheh...i am a sammyboy and i pick up faster than the daft sinkie.

I know i better get out of there before it sink.

Last edited:

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
last time, i always kao peh about driving taxi as i was an Uni. grad.

come to think of it, i have learn a lot from taxi driving. you talk to pple and see how pple behave especially sinkies. i gained the edge of herd mentality especially in financial world. last time, i always hang around CBD, shenton way, pick up bankers and traders, this group of pple,i like to talk to cos' you can learn a lot from them and they won't hide anything from you cos' they think i am just a mere taxi driver. but hehheh...i am a sammyboy and i pick up faster than the daft sinkie.

I know i better get out of there before it sink.

good for u, u sound like a sensible guy willing to do anything to survive. any job is respectful, so long as its to earn an honest living. those scums who think they damn high class and look down on others will have tragic downfall

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those were the days as a taxi driver... i ferried a miss s'pore universe who later became my friend. she is very friendly and had no airs. we no hanky panky type, just ordinary friends, i find that she is a typical spg. hope she succeed in hooking up a rich man. that's her eventual dream ticket out of sinkieland.:o

come back to the more serious question on s'pore's survival. these data only PM and his bedfellow know. i am sure when he declare retirement, that will be the time to watch out. sinkieland probably will be in a dead cat bounce and then start to spiral down when the next leader take over. i am very sure Lee family want to leave behind a good legacy so that down the road, no one will scold him. lky is a classic example, he has become almost like a legend.:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The existing cab companies such as Comfort etc surely must have seen Uber and the like making strides nearly 2 years ago in the US and later in the UK. Central to the popularity is their app and customer preferring to use these app not only to hail the cabs but also to keep a record. Why did they not jump on the bandwagon and create these apps. Why did they wait until it was too late. We have one of the best and reliable and certainly affordable cab service compared to many other countries. Gone are the days where people call up and wait for the bookings.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The existing cab companies such as Comfort etc surely must have seen Uber and the like making strides nearly 2 years ago in the US and later in the UK. Central to the popularity is their app and customer preferring to use these app not only to hail the cabs but also to keep a record. Why did they not jump on the bandwagon and create these apps. Why did they wait until it was too late. We have one of the best and reliable and certainly affordable cab service compared to many other countries. Gone are the days where people call up and wait for the bookings.

Hmm .. busy cranking up ways to whack and intimidate all its drivers to fall

in line . Or maybe busy giving out vouchers to passengers who call-in

to screw its drivers for all sorts of ridiculous reasons to get free vouchers:confused:

For This you have to give Trophy to YBS and KHP.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

UBER is known as what is called a industry game changer,Comfort del gro and the others are known as sinkie losers who prefer the old monopolistic model......if comfort and city cab was anywhere as smart as the guys at Uber they would be worth 50 billion by now.UBER is like the Vanderbilt of the taxi driving world.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

complacency and inertia.

chan chun sing
sec-gen ntuc