• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian replies to "smears"

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Kin Lian is not afraid of others talking and, or knowing about him. The problem is that there are some peoples telling lies to allege him instead.

There are information that anyone could obtain from Registry of Societies (ROS) on FISCA. It includes information on the standing committee. It is not my job to provide everything to you when you requested for it.

You are more than welcome to question on the Member Portal. Just pay S$36.00 like me to be a member - and yes, this is a bait. Nevertheless, I am sure you will benefit as a member of the FISCA.

This seriously sound like an intention to bait.

Why would TKl be afraid of others talk or know about him if the matter is of fact? And if the matter be of not fact, why should TKl even bother at all? Unless such matters by itself is such of matter and hence is truth and damaging?

To get someeone to sign up for an organisation itself just to secure certain information, such a request sounds.....fishy of intent. In fact, unless the information is really upmost sensitive and of national security, i dont see why certain information cannot be put up in forums.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This seriously sound like an intention to bait.

Why would TKl be afraid of others talk or know about him if the matter is of fact? And if the matter be of not fact, why should TKl even bother at all? Unless such matters by itself is such of matter and hence is truth and damaging?

To get someeone to sign up for an organisation itself just to secure certain information, such a request sounds.....fishy of intent. In fact, unless the information is really upmost sensitive and of national security, i dont see why certain information cannot be put up in forums.

This my take on TKL

TKL comes along as dodgy to me, the first time i heard of this man is after the Lehmann Brothers crash when many who bought the 'structured products' got burnt and have no idea what to do after that. Lo and behold, this man suddenly comes into the picture and organised rallies at Hong Lim Park to affected investors and suddenly become in the limelight.

I wondered who would be brave enough to take on the big banks so did a little check on him and found out that he was ex-PAP and the ex GM of NTUC insurance. The two combinations didn't impress me a bit. After that when i found out that he was asking his followers to start a petition of 100,000 signatures for him to contemplate running for the presidency i was even less than impressed.

In short, the man is an opportunist, but there is nothing wrong with that since everyone of us is one. What i find disturbing is that after the end of his PAP/NTUC days he suddenly transformed himself into a demagouge crusading for the affected Singaporeans after toeing the line for 30 plus years. Many of my friends who voted for the opposition during this year's GE have the same vibes as i do, his agenda seems to be taking revenge for whatever grievances and ignominiy done to him during his men in white time and me and my friends need not even read someone else's blogs to arrive at this conclusion.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a normal average singaporean just like the rest of my friends, colleagues and me, eventhough your avatar....:o

Many of my friends who voted for the opposition during this year's GE have the same vibes as i do, his agenda seems to be taking revenge for whatever grievances and ignominiy done to him during his men in white time and me and my friends need not even read someone else's blogs to arrive at this conclusion.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are a normal average singaporean just like the rest of my friends, colleagues and me, eventhough your avatar....:o

My avatar is nap shot curry pok 猪哥亮 minus his even more nap shot curry pok co host 侯怡君
:biggrin:

zhu-ge-liang.jpg

jw5

Loyal
After that when i found out that he was asking his followers to start a petition of 100,000 signatures for him to contemplate running for the presidency i was even less than impressed.

Have you noticed that there has been no mention of the petition from any of his supporters?
Not in this forum anyway, not sure about other online forums, websites or blogs.
Even when many people have mentioned this or asked questions about it, not a single mention about this from his supporters.

It's as if it never happened, or everyone has forgotten about it, or it happened but now that it has, let's move on.
Bet you now that their reply would be "What's the big deal about having a petition?"

Well, the deal is this. If a candidate wants to stand for elections, he's supposed to want to serve the people and the country. He should step forward and ask people to vote for him, based on his qualities and what he can contribute. If he asks for a pre-election petition, it appears as if he is trying to find out whether it's worth his time and trouble to stand for election. Well, that could have been the reason, but it may not have been his reason.

So if that's not the reason, please tell us:
1. What was the reason for the petition?
2. When can we expect another petition?
3. If there is to be no new petition, why was one required before and not required this time?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given the stringent requirements before someone can even aspire to be the EP of Singapore, one wonders whether Tan Kin Lian is one horse that cannot run even. Not to mention the building up of his support base. His IB is very active and hoping to get more ground support. Even I can hardly understand how come there were so many postings with words of adulation here and elsewhere, and I suspect most of the posts are from his IB. Look here in this thread, a good example of 2 noobs joining this forum just so to refute those who made negative remarks about TKL. One even have the audacity to call out Sammyboy members as fools just because we do not post positive opinions about TKL. He has made 24 posts and it is all about TKL and nothing else which says a lot about what motivates this person to come here. I therefore concluded he is from TKL's IB and his posts should be ignored.

jw5

Loyal
One even have the audacity to call out Sammyboy members as fools just because we do not post positive opinions about TKL. He has made 24 posts and it is all about TKL and nothing else which says a lot about what motivates this person to come here. I therefore concluded he is from TKL's IB and his posts should be ignored.

Before the reference to "smears" and his supporters calling us "fools", I was actually quite neutral about the presidential elections, with slight leaning towards TCB.
Now, I'm getting really fed up.
Do you notice they don't answer questions they don't want to, or answer a different question, or twist the question or statement around or simply ask "What's the big deal" or "What's the problem with that"? "Ask friend to collect forms cannot huh?"
Do they understand what people are asking and wondering about? It beggars belief the way they are answering questions and the logic/rationale used.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats why I suggested that these TKL "supporters" devote their time to distributing flyers instead. Their attitude is hurting the TKL campaign more than helping. But somehow, they think I am insulting them...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before the reference to "smears" and his supporters calling us "fools", I was actually quite neutral about the presidential elections, with slight leaning towards TCB.
Now, I'm getting really fed up.
Do you notice they don't answer questions they don't want to, or answer a different question, or twist the question or statement around or simply ask "What's the big deal" or "What's the problem with that"? "Ask friend to collect forms cannot huh?"
Do they understand what people are asking and wondering about? It beggars belief the way they are answering questions and the logic/rationale used.

Well said. I too noticed that not all your questions asked were answered. If they were sincere, they should answer all the questions to remove any doubts.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thats why I suggested that these TKL "supporters" devote their time to distributing flyers instead. Their attitude is hurting the TKL campaign more than helping. But somehow, they think I am insulting them...

Sounds like a typical PAP IB don't u think? :wink:

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
Karmabear. It shows your stupidity here. Tan Kin Lian supporters will definitely devote their time to distribute flyers during the campaigning period. However, the writ has not been serve which means, no activity can take place right now. The fact that there are few netizens attempting to discredit Tan Kin Lian with false allegations and stories, one of Tan Kin Lian supporter and that is ME, decide to come forward to speak the truth instead.

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
Windsor. If you do not have better arguments to offer, just keep quite. No one will blame you. Do you mean that no one should register as Sammyboy members because he or she wishes to participate in a forum discussion ? Don't you think your accusation is stupid and unintelligent ? Nonetheless, I am thankful that you do not support Tan Kin Lian. This is because Tan Kin Lian supporters are a lot more smarter though.

Given the stringent requirements before someone can even aspire to be the EP of Singapore, one wonders whether Tan Kin Lian is one horse that cannot run even. Not to mention the building up of his support base. His IB is very active and hoping to get more ground support. Even I can hardly understand how come there were so many postings with words of adulation here and elsewhere, and I suspect most of the posts are from his IB. Look here in this thread, a good example of 2 noobs joining this forum just so to refute those who made negative remarks about TKL. One even have the audacity to call out Sammyboy members as fools just because we do not post positive opinions about TKL. He has made 24 posts and it is all about TKL and nothing else which says a lot about what motivates this person to come here. I therefore concluded he is from TKL's IB and his posts should be ignored.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Windsor. If you do not have better arguments to offer, just keep quite. No one will blame you. Do you mean that no one should register as Sammyboy members because he or she wishes to participate in a forum discussion ? Don't you think your accusation is stupid and unintelligent ? Nonetheless, I am thankful that you do not support Tan Kin Lian. This is because Tan Kin Lian supporters are a lot more smarter though.

Boy, before you want to up the ante and start insulting the forummers here, i suggest you search the nick ivebert and see what happed to him recently. Your opinions of TKL are fine and all, some like him and some don't. This works the same for TCB and other presidential candidates.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This my take on TKL

TKL comes along as dodgy to me, the first time i heard of this man is after the Lehmann Brothers crash when many who bought the 'structured products' got burnt and have no idea what to do after that. Lo and behold, this man suddenly comes into the picture and organised rallies at Hong Lim Park to affected investors and suddenly become in the limelight.

I wondered who would be brave enough to take on the big banks so did a little check on him and found out that he was ex-PAP and the ex GM of NTUC insurance. The two combinations didn't impress me a bit. After that when i found out that he was asking his followers to start a petition of 100,000 signatures for him to contemplate running for the presidency i was even less than impressed.

With due respect, Tan Kin Lian didn't just "pop up" from nowhere prior to Minibond saga.

He started his blog talking about insurance and financial investment. He has his followings even before the Minibond saga exploded. I know because I was already noticing his writings on his blog before Minibond and that is first when I made my contact with him.

He was writing to ST forum on various social issues as well, prior to my contact with him. And through some brief introduction of his background by a mutual friend, I understand him better.

Well I really don't know what is wrong with people here who kept viewing everything he does as "opportunistic". Put it this way, don't you find TCB or Tony Tan opportunistic as well? TCB only resigned from PAP recently in preparation for Presidential Elections.

I would feel that the ability to carry out the exact role of checks and balances is MORE important than anything else. You may even need someone who knows how to be opportunistic to do the job!

Goh Meng Seng

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not insist everyone must support Tan Kin Lian. This is never my intention first of all. Furthermore, I respect TCB and other presidential candidates too.

Boy, before you want to up the ante and start insulting the forummers here, i suggest you search the nick ivebert and see what happed to him recently. Your opinions of TKL are fine and all, some like him and some don't. This works the same for TCB and other presidential candidates.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With due respect, Tan Kin Lian didn't just "pop up" from nowhere prior to Minibond saga.

He started his blog talking about insurance and financial investment. He has his followings even before the Minibond saga exploded. I know because I was already noticing his writings on his blog before Minibond and that is first when I made my contact with him.

He was writing to ST forum on various social issues as well, prior to my contact with him. And through some brief introduction of his background by a mutual friend, I understand him better.

Well I really don't know what is wrong with people here who kept viewing everything he does as "opportunistic". Put it this way, don't you find TCB or Tony Tan opportunistic as well? TCB only resigned from PAP recently in preparation for Presidential Elections.

I would feel that the ability to carry out the exact role of checks and balances is MORE important than anything else. You may even need someone who knows how to be opportunistic to do the job!

Goh Meng Seng

One Question........Who vets Tan Kin Lian and Goh Meng Seng heavy pieces(published internet articles)? Or to put it more bluntly, who is ghost writing for these two unfit political office holders wannabees?

jw5

Loyal

GMS, with due respect to bro wikiphile, I have known for a long time that TKL was CEO of NTUC income, even though I do not know him personally and have not even met him.

What would be useful would be a rough timeline, perhaps in years would be sufficient.
1. Years at NTUC income.
2. Years as pap member
3. Blog on investments.
4. Minibond saga and both your efforts.
5. Writing to ST forum page on social issues.
6. Asking for petition before deciding on presidential election previously.
7. First showing interest in elections, either as mp or presidential candidate.

This would be highly useful in confirming or refuting a lot of statements, remarks, theories, doubts, etc.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are just contradicting yourself. You want to participate in this forum to voice your opinion. Then why can't forummer Windor voice his arguments as well? And who are you to judge which argument is better and tell people to keep quite?

Maybe you are a troll disguised as TKL supporter, and trying to add more oil and cause more flame for TKL? To most of us here in this forum, each candidate is fair game.

Last edited:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Kin Lian is not afraid of others talking and, or knowing about him. The problem is that there are some peoples telling lies to allege him instead.

If the matter is a lie, then its for TKL to disprove it by manner that weights upon the importance of what the fact would carry.

However, like scroobal, I know enough facts on TKL to say that if those were indeed lies, then TKL, or any related ministers or MPs would stand fore to clear. However, I do not see anyone else of mention or notable crediblity standing up for TKL to support whatever has been put up and put down.

Hence its lies to your metion but facts to others behold

There are information that anyone could obtain from Registry of Societies (ROS) on FISCA. It includes information on the standing committee. It is not my job to provide everything to you when you requested for it.

You are more than welcome to question on the Member Portal. Just pay S$36.00 like me to be a member - and yes, this is a bait. Nevertheless, I am sure you will benefit as a member of the FISCA.

I m not interested in such organisations. and Thank you for admitting it was a bait.

I see no benefit or value of a close-in organisation that provides little or no imput that wold befit the general public.Not to mention my sphere of interest.