• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian - An Opportunist? Let see the Facts

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Kin Lian asked a friend to collect the forms. It is just so simply, direct and without any hidden agenda. Unfortunately, it was the netizens that complicate the whole affairs that include bringing up GMS, opposition party member, WP etc. into the picture instead. As I said, it was just unfortunate that Png was available to collect the forms for Tan Kin Lian and that he was associated with WP - but not Tan Kin Lian.

I wonder what will happen if Tan Kin Lian requested a friend, whom was a member ( or former member ) of the ruling party, to collect those forms. I think the netizens will cry foul again. It is really difficult at times to please everyone but in this scenario, a case of " wrong person appearing at a wrong time " instead.

Too late fuckturd... you came into this forum guns blazing when people were decent enough to ask you honest questions. You don't have to please everyone but certainly don't drive everyone to the opposing side. Suggest you work in the backend for TKL if you are a genuine supporter. You are making things worse for him. Go and distribute flyers or something.

okthxbai.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one with poor power of comprehension and reasoning.

Do you know why? Again, he is not standing for President.

Looks like its between my power of comprehension and your power of composition. My comprehension of your composition is that you mean that there's something wrong doing things with intention to stand for public office.

Last edited:

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not bother to respond any of your future posts anymore. I shall leave it to other netizens to decide and rate your character instead. Waste on my times to argue with you. I wish you all the best and pray for your future.

Too late fuckturd... you came into this forum guns blazing when people were decent enough to ask you honest questions. You don't have to please everyone but certainly don't drive everyone to the opposing side. Suggest you work in the backend for TKL if you are a genuine supporter. You are making things worse for him. Go and distribute flyers or something.

okthxbai.

Z

Zombie

I read that comment "my friend from WP" in the TODAY paper on the report that png collected the forms on his behalf.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DltXJGF1AH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

See 0:50 - 1:00....
reporter only asked for the age
but Png went straight into "ohhh.. actually he doesn't mind telling you... he is TKL..."

How did Png know that TKL does not mind Png telling the press?

Does it mean that TKL already expected that Png would do more than just picking up the forms?

:biggrin:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didn't know i would miss this forum so much.

Avidly following thru 7 pages of views,
I am struck by the following:-

(1) The usual characters have stuck true to character ....
sometimes it is less the position they arrive at but more the process in which they form their conclusions.

Others have once suggested I am a sychophantic fan of Scroo.
I am unashamedly a fan - in the sense of I like to read intelligent posts.
But I am my own elephant, while I agree ST is ST warts & all, I do not generally share the vehemance in which Scroo always portrayed them as the Toa Payoh Brothel keepers.... after all, one can always discern & read between the lines even from the official national newspaper.

I see karmabear simply hates Scroo's cocksure attitude. By all means, entitled to your feelings.

Many other intelligent forummers from jw5 to unrepentent, perspective, ir123....
some are gems in their own right with their wit & laconic humor...

At the end of the day, my take is:
It is all in the way one understands & develop a feel for the nuances of human nature - posturing, serving, masquerading, exploiting, compromising while essentially still being untainted at the core etc....

George Yeo is essentially a decent intellectual once Old Man's blue-eye boy & another PM-to-be in his eyes as in the likes of Tony Tan. Unfortunately, age-wise. he is in the same bracket as our respectable LHL.

I am partial towards GY & Teo Chee Hian and amongst the more cogent reasons, is the simple brainless fact that like Tony Tan, GY and TCH, I am also a Josephian.... proud to be one all my life.

Scroo offers not just tantalising tidbits not commonly known, but
you don't have to believe his crap if that's how you see it.

I am always giving Scroo the benefit of the doubt because when he weaves in the context that displays his shrewd understanding & intepretation of human behaviour & motivation, it all largely makes sense.

I patiently read the exchange between GMS & Scroo & GMS & Perspective & the other two who feels this thread is smearing TKL ..... sigh, no wonder GMS however nice guy do not have the cut & may never have the gift of poitical acumen as a Low Thia Khiang.

But madcow, I still salute your idealism & public spiritedness.

To end, some cynic mentioned the futility of it all - the EP is a Frankeinstein creation of a mechanistic-messiahnic PAP belief that logic & reason is all & therefore, based on this deep psychological hangup, is born all the schemes from 'the sophisticated electorate is trying a pressure the govt... therefore maybe some voters should have 2 votes etc etc' (1984) to the implementation of GLC because forget the 'aspirational national pledge', we are all racist at the core & minority's have no chance to tghe economic sphere like GLCs is the way because SMEs are at most PLEs but no way a world class corporation can originate in Spore ... because it doesn't stand to reason blah blah....

This blind righteousness rooted in logic & reason is what led PAP & the electorate to the current disenchantment ....

So in summary guys, be yourselves, believe what you believe & back our beliefs with action or non-action or small actions for a start depending on your conviction, your passion & your resources & circumstances.....

Just be authentic.

Not be like the hypocritical Tan Kin Lian who long ago announce he would only consider running for EP if there is a petition numbering 6 figures.
I promptly lost all respect for him since.

TCB & GY are PAP men once but not sycophants or lose their principled selves. That I can accept. I agree that some are entitled to believe it is better to work from within then tear down & rebuild.

EP .... fucking forget about losing face PAP & hear me, WP MPs, move a motion to strike away the E from EP & revert to the days of a regal Presidency as personified by the likes of Sheares & Wee Kim Wee.

For that to happen if i recall correctly, this constitutional change would require a referendum & hey man, let our respectable leaders learn from the new Singaporean electorate who don't give a shit about serial numbers behind ballots & dare to live up to the PAP-crafted ideal of 'active citizenry' !

Before I could have said anything, yopu have said everything I wanted to say.

However, i would like to add that from all the readings I have done...and there are so many postings here. it seems that alot of the forummers heere seem to lack the knowledge of constitutional laws, constitutional practise and political marketing display that some of the named few, such as TCB, TKL and GY had been displaying.

In fact, it is the ignorance opf the general public of such knowledge that has allowed many politicans to manipulate certain setiments and milk it for their own personal and political advantage.

Do note: There are many who complain and be seen as a victim, but actual fact, they are villain in disgust and are the actual cause of many situation.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I checked (luckily didnt use that edition for fishbones over dinner) and you are correct to point out that the exact words in the report did not contain "my WP friend". The selective words in the context of the report did have the effect to be etched in my mind as a common person/voter.

But still I do not detract from my original opinion as it is my personal opinion that the essence of the intent still stands. Reinforced by subsequent knowledge here that Lao Goh was also asked to help pickup the forms.

I apologise to old timers in this forum for my honest mistake on their word play, and for falling prey to the nature of the report.

Tan Kin Lian did not mentioned " my WP friend " when the news broke out that he is considering to contest in the presidential election. Tan Kin Lian said : " My friend collected the Certificate of Eligibility form for the EP election on my behalf today ".

jw5

Loyal
However, i would like to add that from all the readings I have done...and there are so many postings here. it seems that alot of the forummers heere seem to lack the knowledge of constitutional laws, constitutional practise and political marketing display that some of the named few, such as TCB, TKL and GY had been displaying.

The vast majority of the forummers here are just ordinary citizens who want to vote the best available person to be president of their country.
They are not the ones standing for election.

jw5

Loyal
I
But still I do not detract from my original opinion as it is my personal opinion that the essence of the intent still stands. Reinforced by subsequent knowledge here that Lao Goh was also asked to help pickup the forms.

I retracted that comment as I could not find those exact words in any press reports online.
But like you, I don't detract from my opinion about the intent.
Just one simple question: Got no friends who are not opposition party members and recent election candidates meh?

jw5

Loyal
This guy reminds of a chap who came into this forum to defend his friend who is married to Perm Sec but was caught with a student in JB. He claimed that his friend was helping to teach the student. Get this: teaching a Singapore Uni student in a hotel room in JB. Talk about dedication.

Naturally we screwed the hell out of him. After a few attempts he gave up.

You must be referring to the stabbing incident in Desaru, which was hotly discussed in the delphi forums several years ago. It had all the ingredients: press blackout, indiscretion in the family of upper echelon, cover-up, "romance", a stabbing, mystery, intrigue, a friend defending the victim, etc. Don't think she was a S'pore uni student, she was just a prc national.

The friend kept asking what was so unusual about bringing a student to Desaru for tuition and what was the big deal about getting stabbed. :rolleyes:
We were also asking him "Huh? It's very common to bring students to Desaru and no big deal about getting stabbed? What logic is that?"

Btw, I'm still waiting for the press to tell us what he was doing there with the woman, why he was stabbed and who the culprit was.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
The vast majority of the forummers here are just ordinary citizens who want to vote the best available person to be president of their country.
They are not the ones standing for election.

Yes, the best available, not the ideal. Looking for the ideal shall end up in vain, for no one is perfect.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now he dragged in a 3rd candidate from the opposition - Wong Wee Nam. I wonder if he has any friends at all. Looks like his pre-requisite for associating with people publicly is that they must have stood for elections.

Not sure if he becoming to smart for himself. In the sense that he is running on an anti- PAP platform for a politically sterile office and hopping to capitalise on the PAP backlash. It does make sense in one respect as people like GMS and the like can mobilise campaign logistics. But painting such an image may come back to bite him.

The fact that he is claiming that he can do a lot as president including influencing investments either shows that he is ignorant or he treats Singaporeans as ignorant.

Whoever is advising him is digging a hole faster and deeper as days go by. Note the obituary style commentary of Wong Wee Nam.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the one. It was truly hilarious. The guy claimed to his tennis partner and the girl was indeed a prc girl. We all had a field day.

Very quiet since but the wife was promoted and I understand that she is staunch bible thumper.

You must be referring to the stabbing incident in Desaru, which was hotly discussed in the delphi forums several years ago. It had all the ingredients: press blackout, indiscretion in the family of upper echelon, cover-up, "romance", a stabbing, mystery, intrigue, a friend defending the victim, etc. Don't think she was a S'pore uni student, she was just a prc national.

Btw, I'm still waiting for the press to tell us what he was doing there with the woman, why he was stabbed and who the culprit was.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's the one. It was truly hilarious. The guy claimed to his tennis partner and the girl was indeed a prc girl. We all had a field day.

Very quiet since but the wife was promoted and I understand that she is staunch bible thumper.

So where's Mrs Ow Foong Pheng now? Still in JTC? :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
So where's Mrs Ow Foong Pheng now? Still in JTC? :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, went to SG gov directory to do a search.
She's now "second permanent secretary" at MTI.
Now that Ravi has gone to MAS, why don't they just make her the PS? Getting tired of all these "second" titles. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Yep that's her. Very quiet. I remember that she was the Dep Sec of MOM and people were suggesting karma as they were losing jobs to FTs.

Before that, she was a director at MHA, when TBH, former election returning officer and CEO of your "favourite" organisation was DS.

A forummer even coined a phrase about that incident "What happens in Desaru stays in Desaru." :biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Out of curiosity, went to SG gov directory to do a search.
She's now "second permanent secretary" at MTI.
Now that Ravi has gone to MAS, why don't they just make her the PS? Getting tired of all these "second" titles. :biggrin:

i don't quite get what is a second permanent secretary also, the chinese translation of PS is 次长 which literally means (2nd secretary) so a 2nd PS is 次次长????