• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Chee Kien voted out of NSP CEC

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The seat is offered to the WHOLE TEAM, not just an individual. As there are 5 persons with one seat, 4 have to decline so that one can take it up.It is so simple.

Goh Meng Seng

The law is that an election among the losers is held. You can only decline if you won that election and declined.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something tells me that he will do to NSP what he does to WP. It won't be end of the saga.

Not until NSP is successful, this is my speculation but I sensed his invisible hands are still around WP's neck and that is for sure.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have to agree with you. There are things I still cannot figure out, especially on those new incomers. Convenient vehicle is one thing but I was expecting something spectacular after I let them to have full control of the vehicle but somewhat disappointed.

You are right in saying that there is a lack of political will from the current leadership to perform as a political party and put up a real challenge to PAP. I really cannot figure out this part, really.

Goh Meng Seng

I have said this before. This party has always intrigued me. It has never been a political party until 2011 and that to me had nothing to with the core members who are still there. Nicole, Jeanette, Hazel, Tony, Gilbert etc are exiles from RP. It was the most convenient vehicle for the latter.

These core members have no desire to beat the PAP in anything. 2 of them have a history of talking to certain WP members. Being in NSP ( a political party) gives them a basis to engage SDP, SPP, PKMS, WP etc.

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
The name TCK was rarely mentioned in the forum previously
was quite surpise so many ppl know TCK

Last edited:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with you. There are things I still cannot figure out, especially on those new incomers. Convenient vehicle is one thing but I was expecting something spectacular after I let them to have full control of the vehicle but somewhat disappointed. You are right in saying that there is a lack of political will from the current leadership to perform as a political party and put up a real challenge to PAP. I really cannot figure out this part, really. Goh Meng Seng

Don't think it is the lack of political will or even of resources but what is seriously lacking in NSP is a leader who is inspiring, visionary, charismatic and tough. And in multi racial S'pore this person must also be eloquent in English. These qualities are sorely lacking in the old leadership of the party. Sadly, none from the current leadership at the present moment can fit the bill ....

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Singapore opposition politics is pretty strange. If we go by your criteria, WP Low TK will fail at least one of them... eloquent in English. He is Charismatic, tough and maybe even inspiring at times but short of visionary nor having the eloquence in English.

There is still a charismatic leader in NSP, just that there is no opportune time for the charisma to shine yet.

Goh Meng Seng

Don't think it is the lack of political will or even of resources but what is seriously lacking in NSP is a leader who is inspiring, visionary, charismatic and tough. And in multi racial S'pore this person must also be eloquent in English. These qualities are sorely lacking in the old leadership of the party. Sadly, none from the current leadership at the present moment can fit the bill ....

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, Goh Meng Seng, did Sylvia Lim, James Gomez,Mohammed Rahizan and Tan Wui-Hua elect you to the seat before you declined?

The seat is offered to the WHOLE TEAM, not just an individual. As there are 5 persons with one seat, 4 have to decline so that one can take it up.It is so simple.

Goh Meng Seng

The law is that an election among the losers is held. You can only decline if you won that election and declined.