• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Chee Kien voted out of NSP CEC

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tan Chee Kien, one of the founding members of NSP, have been voted out of the NSP CEC.

Not surprised. Surprised only that it has come so late.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Tan CK departure, let me start putting the jigsaw together. TJS has found his party. Lets see what Seb will do. GMS must be wondering why he left. So NSP is back in play.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have never wonder why I do this or that because for every move I have made, it has been considered very carefully, weighing the risk, odds and benefits.

Politics is far more complex than the superficial who joins and who leaves. This is because we are dealing with human beings who have emotions with different reflexes in response to different situations and dynamics.

Just put this simply, if I have not left NSP, situation will be very different right now and most likely, certain people would have benefited greatly from my stay even though they are not really "on my side".

Goh Meng Seng

With Tan CK departure, let me start putting the jigsaw together. TJS has found his party. Lets see what Seb will do. GMS must be wondering why he left. So NSP is back in play.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP has always intrigued me because of certain members and their past history. Tan Chee Kien is one of the key figures. Their past, history in WP, SDP, their dual membership nonsense etc

When you went over, i never thought you were going to change much and was surprised by the leeway given and the progress made. But also not surprised by the Seb intervention in Moulmein.

Losing seat in CEC tells me that Jeanette, Hazel, Nicole etc have the numbers. But then again, knowing Tan CK, there will be new recruitment.

I have never wonder why I do this or that because for every move I have made, it has been considered very carefully, weighing the risk, odds and benefits.

Just put this simply, if I have not left NSP, situation will be very different right now and most likely, certain people would have benefited greatly from my stay even though they are not really "on my side".

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is not just a matter of leeway given but rather, a skill needed to get around the barricades to get what you want. Of course, I will step on quite a number of toes in doing so but ultimately, it is about reasoning and winning over people to support the way forward.

I do not think they have enough numbers yet but there is a delicate power play in which, ultimately, someone has been betrayed and sacrificed. What goes round, comes around. For such power play, you can only use it once and you will have to make sure it works all the way, else, the backfire would be unimaginable.

However, I can say there is no permanent enemy, foes or friends here. Just a matter of alignment of self interests. The key is to build a long lasting core group that could grow steadily. Any temporary arrangement of collaborations or power play will not last. Apparently, someone has suffered very badly from such naivety. Learn from Caesar Julius eventual betrayal by his own allies...

Goh Meng Seng

NSP has always intrigued me because of certain members and their past history. Tan Chee Kien is one of the key figures. Their past, history in WP, SDP, their dual membership nonsense etc

When you went over, i never thought you were going to change much and was surprised by the leeway given and the progress made. But also not surprised by the Seb intervention in Moulmein.

Losing seat in CEC tells me that Jeanette, Hazel, Nicole etc have the numbers. But then again, knowing Tan CK, there will be new recruitment.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal

Politics is far more complex than the superficial who joins and who leaves. This is because we are dealing with human beings who have emotions with different reflexes in response to different situations and dynamics.

Goh Meng Seng

Talk so much also no use. All you should answer is how the heck you were beaten by MBT, probably one of the most hated Cabinet Ministers?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal,

The story of Tan CK is the story of how fate dealt the opposition in Singapore an incomplete hand. I remember Ramseth and many others me included telling GMS about the idiocy of contesting from one end of Singapore to the other, of not taking a focused bet. The reason and reason alone was TCK and others. He who supplies the funds has more negotiating power, he who supplies the funds and insists on a terrible plan drags the entire boat down.

Its strange that the formation of NSP, the grounding of NSP was by Teo Chin Chye, part of that famous gang of four and yet that party has drifted, and shifted. Just shows you can show people the recipe but u still need a great chef, TCK well at best he was a hired from china , short order cook. The sort you see serving up tasteless mac fried kway tEOW.

Locke.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am in no position to answer this. NSP will have to answer it themselves.

But basically, I have one simple principle. You don't change the leadership if it has worked perfectly well and gain momentum. It is just like a Director of a company, you don't just change an effective CEO if he has brought gains for the company just because you have headhunter telling you that there is someone with better paper qualifications. Worst still, just better paper qualifications but without much relevant industrial experience to run the company.

The reverse is true as well. If your CEO is non-performing resulting in the company not progressing nor gaining traction, then the right thing you should do is to fire that CEO and change for a better candidate.

Goh Meng Seng

This question is best answered by GMS. In any case I believe that NSP can only be transformed if the new batch Jeanette Nicole take over the helm

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I think of NSP, I would always wonder what the heck it stands for. It seems to stand for anything BUT there is no clear ideology or party stands. Its platform is full of much jingoism thoroughly lacking clarity. A mish-mesh I would reckon. If you think of the name National Solidarity Party - what a mouthful and solidarity is such a contorted word, and likewise National sounds alien. Why can't it get a simpler powerful name?

My answer to the above is that the founders are clueless to being politicians and as such, carry an inability to speak a language and message which can target the heartstrings of the masses. In other words, they do not have the skill or shrewdness to play this politics game. In simpler terms, it means they cannot think clearly. As such, it is no wonder about the fortunes of this party, and how they miss the golden opportunity to capture a seat or GRC in the last elections.

They had this Wong Wee Nam, which was one of the founders of NSP if I am not wrong. I read his stuff in the internet and goodness me, I am amazed how clueless this guy can become. Birds of a feather flock together and I think this suggests those NSP folks he was with, are not exactly politically smart.

I think this original group still want to hold the strings and be kingmakers, and do not want to do it openly, hence they now recruit Hazel, Jeanette and Nicole who conveniently need a party anyway. In the past, it was Steve Chia, and GMS who was pushed in that leading position but they would know by now that they have to forge a consensus with this group of founders, or abide by what they say.

SDP and WP got clarity in their ideologies and what they stand for. NSP is for political folks who could not or not wanted in these main opposition parties. As such, it just drift here and there, and the only change that could happen is when there is a strong leadership who can take control and impose his stand, and structure a proper ideology. Otherwise, it will always be a party of convenience for folks who got nowhere to go.

If you think NSP, your first image is Nicole Seah as the attention and message is about her. NSP rightly stands for Nicole Seah Party and it suggests then how lacking in substance concerning this political party when you cannot think of anything except Nicole Seah!

In another way, NSP, to me, stands more aptly for Not Solid Party :-p

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something tells me that he will do to NSP what he does to WP. It won't be end of the saga.

Dear Scroobal,

The story of Tan CK is the story of how fate dealt the opposition in Singapore an incomplete hand. I remember Ramseth and many others me included telling GMS about the idiocy of contesting from one end of Singapore to the other, of not taking a focused bet. The reason and reason alone was TCK and others. He who supplies the funds has more negotiating power, he who supplies the funds and insists on a terrible plan drags the entire boat down.

Locke.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have said this before. This party has always intrigued me. It has never been a political party until 2011 and that to me had nothing to with the core members who are still there. Nicole, Jeanette, Hazel, Tony, Gilbert etc are exiles from RP. It was the most convenient vehicle for the latter.

These core members have no desire to beat the PAP in anything. 2 of them have a history of talking to certain WP members. Being in NSP ( a political party) gives them a basis to engage SDP, SPP, PKMS, WP etc.

Wong Wee Nam is the modern day version of Dr Lee Siew Choh. Both have no idea what was going on. Thismis the same clown that endorsed 3 PE candidates in the chronoloigal order as they announced their intention. And all are his friends.

Watch Poh Lee Guan will moving with this crowd as well.

It was because of this crowd that Chiam demanded and got the veto powers in SDA and they were check-mated. People thought it was because of PKMS volatile behaviour. They left SDA because they realised that they were quarantined good and proper.

My answer to the above is that the founders are clueless to being politicians and as such, carry an inability to speak a language and message which can target the heartstrings of the masses. In other words, they do not have the skill or shrewdness to play this politics game. In simpler terms, it means they cannot think clearly. As such, it is no wonder about the fortunes of this party, and how they miss the golden opportunity to capture a seat or GRC in the last elections.

In another way, NSP, to me, stands more aptly for Not Solid Party :-p

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have not noticed, I have declined once... Aljunied 2006

Goh Meng Seng

To "decline" means to be offered something and decline it. Based on what is being said here, you were foremost offered the NCMP seat and you declined, therefore it went to Sylvia Lim.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The seat is offered to the WHOLE TEAM, not just an individual. As there are 5 persons with one seat, 4 have to decline so that one can take it up.It is so simple.

Goh Meng Seng

To "decline" means to be offered something and decline it. Based on what is being said here, you were foremost offered the NCMP seat and you declined, therefore it went to Sylvia Lim.